Thread: I'm afraid of covid

Thanks

Default I'm afraid of covid

I was a massage therapist until the day they shut down the state in March. When they called me in May to ask me to come back I literally broke out in hives. I mean can you imagine being in a box with another person with no windows and oiling up their bare body? ESPECIALLY after my last client wa a coughing all over the room and into their hands while I did their massage. I can't go to the gym for the same reason. I heard that there maybe another wave during flu season. NO! I'm not trying to leave the house before ringing in 2021. My bills on the other hand strongly disagree. I can't cam because the kid is home all day every day and honestly I look a mess.
    I don't know what to do. I can count how many times I've left the house since March. What are yall doing? Did you flood the cam world? I wish I was secure enough to cam.

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 498 Posts

Default Re: I'm afraid of covid

Quote Originally Posted by wish View Post
    I was a massage therapist until the day they shut down the state in March. When they called me in May to ask me to come back I literally broke out in hives. I mean can you imagine being in a box with another person with no windows and oiling up their bare body? ESPECIALLY after my last client wa a coughing all over the room and into their hands while I did their massage. I can't go to the gym for the same reason. I heard that there maybe another wave during flu season. NO! I'm not trying to leave the house before ringing in 2021. My bills on the other hand strongly disagree. I can't cam because the kid is home all day every day and honestly I look a mess.
    I don't know what to do. I can count how many times I've left the house since March. What are yall doing? Did you flood the cam world? I wish I was secure enough to cam.

I started camming and going back to school.

Honestly, I just say the serenity pray when things get crazy.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,096 Times in 4,215 Posts

Lots of things you can do from home to earn, both nonadult and adult. As far as adult goes phone sex and sexting still bring in money.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laurielegs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 23,719 Times in 8,724 Posts
    My Mood
    Amazed

Offer them water but then also make it known “do not enter if you are sick” and “if yo ass is sick, you will be asked to leave”

I work in a vanilla Industry now which is decent money but I’ll be honest and say at times I’ve highly considered some online adult work

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,940 Times in 4,545 Posts

Can you wear a mask while working and require them to as well? Certain states have mandatory mask requirements right now. I was working a vanilla customer service/phone support job. I understand the kid being home all day issue. I have 2 and it makes working difficult, I know. Can you cam and do pso when your kid is asleep? That's what I've been doing. Google Ratracerebellion. They post vanilla work from home jobs. Several of my vanilla work from home jobs have come from there. You can also check Indeed and filter the search settings so that only remote jobs appear in your search results.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WendiStarr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,700 Times in 5,393 Posts

Just my humble 2 cents but-

If you're worried about Covid, the best tactic aside from doing all the preventative things (handwashing, masks, distancing, clean house) is stay fit and healthy. IF you do get it you'll be able to fight it off.

In my lifetime I've had the flu more times than I would have liked and recovered...NOT to compare the 2 but my repeat tangles with serious flu went well for me because I was very fit.

You can work out at home and also re-do your diet so you are getting the right nutrients. Also, stay hydrated.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnuffleUffleGrass View Post
    Just my humble 2 cents but-

If you're worried about Covid, the best tactic aside from doing all the preventative things (handwashing, masks, distancing, clean house) is stay fit and healthy. IF you do get it you'll be able to fight it off.
    Please read my last few posts about my experience w Covid. Because what you say right here is just not true. If it were, I wouldnít have almost died.
    Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sugartaste For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,730 Times in 10,186 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Crossfingers Re: I'm afraid of covid

Me personally, I try hard to carefully evaluate every situation, as a couple of factors put me in high risk

You can talk to people all you want, but as we all know some think the rules don't apply to them or don't care. Or, might not know they're sick.

Some places have those thermometers (they don't touch you, but take temps, I think they're expensive).
    I still would not take the chance.

Some of the work at home & other suggestions I'd look into.

Good luck.
    Characterize people by their actions, & you'll never be fooled by their words.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 23,719 Times in 8,724 Posts
    My Mood
    Amazed

^true the thermometers can only tell if a person has a fever at that moment in time.

This is not as helpful because some people have no symptoms or they are at the stage where they are sick but symptoms haven’t manifested yet. Either scenarios = contagious if positive for coronavirus

Also more sinister is the people who will take some Tylenol to lower their fever so they can avoid detection from temp checks

17. The Following User Says Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 498 Posts

I wear a mask and socially distance. I haven’t decided if I’m going to the gym since the government is failing miserably at getting this under control. There’s one gym that does temp checks and has a special filtration system, so I might check that out and just go in the afternoon when no one is there.

I don’t have a good advice. It’s really scary what our government and their minions aren’t doing.

I’m of the opinion we don’t really know enough about this virus to be like, “oh it’s just like x,y,z” I trust scientist not politicians. We really don’t know the long term effects. We already are seeing it’s possible to get reinfected. I think it’s best to just be smart and make calculated risks.

I’ve said it before-it’s a Sophie’s choice. Do you stay inside and just lose your mind or do you take precautions and get on with life? I really don’t know the answer.

I’m kinda scared now that I saw on cnn the hospitals are reporting to White House instead of the CDC. I hate to be paranoid, but it’s appropriate to be concerned about if the reporting is accurate. Which if I don’t know if the numbers are accurate how to make an informed decision. I guess just assume everyone could potentially be infectious.

By the way, now is the perfect time to go back to school for an in demand career.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Me too I hope they make masks obligatory in clubs when they re-open (I'm a dancer). Maybe you can ask your customers to wear a mask and you wear one too?
    I don't want to go back to dancing, but I need money and I suck in online adult work. Literally making few $ / day, so no way I can survive out of it.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yvonne. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,535 Times in 712 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

I feel how hard it is to cam w a kid at home too, I would do it while she napped but who knows how long that will last and she would interrupt by crying in the middle of privates and stuff, the guys would comment on a baby crying... lol it’s not good but hey some $$ is better than non and however bad u think u look, is only how u feel there is a type for everyone.. I’m terrified also of this virus especially since I’m pregnant again now I have a compromised immune system, why don’t u just stay on unemployment?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ava$ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ava$ View Post
    I feel how hard it is to cam w a kid at home too, I would do it while she napped but who knows how long that will last and she would interrupt by crying in the middle of privates and stuff, the guys would comment on a baby crying... lol it’s not good but hey some $$ is better than non and however bad u think u look, is only how u feel there is a type for everyone.. I’m terrified also of this virus especially since I’m pregnant again now I have a compromised immune system, why don’t u just stay on unemployment?
    Can't get unemployment anymore since they offered me a chance to return and I said no. In short I quit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

I guess you or your kid don’t have any underlying conditions? If you do, your doctor should tell you that you need to avoid crowds then you so you could claim it if you have been told by a dr to quarantine for COVID related reasons or if your kids child care may be closed...

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ava$ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ava$ View Post
    I guess you or your kid don’t have any underlying conditions? If you do, your doctor should tell you that you need to avoid crowds then you so you could claim it if you have been told by a dr to quarantine for COVID related reasons or if your kids child care may be closed...
    Wait. I can do this? Why didn't anybody tell me?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

If any 1 of these can relate to your situation Iíd keep claiming, this is what they asked me this past week when I claimed, Iím pregnant and my dr told me my immune system is compromised and to stay away as much as possible from people, I didnít need them to tell me that, Iíd already done the research but apparently they want a medical professional to say it.... or something similar
    Attached Images Attached Images

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ava$ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,700 Times in 5,393 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sugartaste View Post
    Please read my last few posts about my experience w Covid. Because what you say right here is just not true. If it were, I wouldn’t have almost died.
    I'm sorry I posted that. I was trying to make OP feel better. I am grateful you recovered, as I am a bit phobic of getting Covid as well.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

Daily new cases vs daily new deaths.
    Attached Images Attached Images