Thread: Seeking a surgeon who specializes in very large breast implants

Thanks

Default Seeking a surgeon who specializes in very large breast implants

Hi,
    I am looking to get a breast re-augmentation with much larger implants and a switch from saline to gummy bear silicone. I got my first set of implants 15 years ago in Philadelphia with a surgeon who does lovely natural looking work but unfortunately seems to be rather adverse to using very large implants. My original implants are smooth round moderate profile saline implants filled to 450 cc. I was originally flat chested (34A), went up to a full C/small D, and after aging and having 3 children, am at about a mid C.

How many of you have had experience with getting very large implants, good or bad? I was always under the impression that you could go bigger the second time around, as the first time would stretch the skin and tissue more, and that having children would also result in more leeway for bigger implants too.

Has anyone been able to successfully upgrade two or three sizes bigger than the first implant surgery? Is it common for people to be unable to go up much in size after the first surgery? What I am looking to do is to go from what was originally a natural A cup to ultimately becoming a full Double D or small triple D.

Would any of you be so kind as to tell me of any surgeons you know who specialize in large implants in the Philadelphia or Baltimore areas? I found a few in Las Vegas or California, but that is too far away. Thank you in advance for all of your help for feedback and knowledge.

Thanks

Default Re: Seeking a surgeon who specializes in very large breast implants

The biggest the gummy bear implants come in is 800cc. I have 550cc gummy bears and I'm a DDD but I had some breast tissue to start with. You should easily be able to take bigger implants since your skin has had lots of time to loosen up. I'm 5'10 165lb and my size are definitely big... still proportional but definitely noticeably big boobs. I personally wouldn't want mine bigger. I'm not sure what your body type is like, but alot of times huge implants just can't physically fit on the chest wall of someone who is more petite. I don't have suggestions for drs in your area but I had mine done Scott Lawson at lower keys medical center in keywest and I'd definitely recommend him to anyone willing to travel to fl. Mine look and feel incredibly natural.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NakedNicole For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hi NakedNicole, thank you so much for your response. I will be glad to upload pics. I am 5'7", WAS 145 lbs but currently 130ish due to strict adherence to the keto diet. I was nearly flat chested before and I've always been disproportionate/bottom heavy. My original surgeon said big implants might not fit but he also said he has to see me in person to make that call, but his inperson consultations are booked out kind of far right now due to the prior pandemic shutdown. I suspect he doesn't want to create something that looks fake looking, since he prides himself in all of his works looking natural. I'll look into Dr. Lawson. I definitely want to go bigger...I mean, what's the point of all that money and recovery time, just to end up not looking any different?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedNicole View Post
    You should easily be able to take bigger implants since your skin has had lots of time to loosen up.
    That's exactly what I thought. I nursed and pumped for 3 kids, and my breasts got up to small DDs, almost 2 sizes bigger than they are now. I have some mild drooping but not enough to need a lift. However, my original surgeon is saying that loose skin doesn't matter, it's the internal pocket. I feel cheated in a way because I was told I couldn't go very big with my first set because I was a mid A-cup, and to stretch them out with implants and kids then upgrade to a bigger size later, but now I'm being told no.

Do you think it's more the doctor's preference than necessity? Although he does fabulous work, he mostly does 1 type of augmentation with little variation (e.g., only submuscular, only 1 type of incision, natural look, and 1 review claimed he's not a big fan of doing revisions/upgrades unless it's a prior patient of his). I ask because I know that in general, doctors have a tendency to be overly cautious and conservative in order to avoid lawsuits; particularly in Pennsylvania, which has some of the highest medical malpractice insurance rates in the nation. I've experienced this with obstetricians too; for example, the doctor who delivered my first child of 3 coerced me into an unnecessary early induction and an avoidable csection. He and his physician's assistant then discouraged me from pursuing a future vbac, and apparently discouraged many others from vbacs too. I found out later that this ob has a very high csection rate and prefers them because he feels he has more control with csections. However, I ended up having 2 consecutive successful vbacs later on after switching practices; including one induced vbac. Given my previous childbirth experiences, I can't help but wonder if maybe some plastic surgeons exercise caution too the way some obs do. What do you think?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,778 Times in 723 Posts
    My Mood
    Innocent

I would speak to several board certified breast surgeons and gather various opinions till blue in the face. (Call till there are little to no options left)
    I've discovered you cannot go based on one surgeons word. I've had one tell me I didn't need a full lift (Just a half) with details that didn't make sense and another who said I would definitely need a full lift.
    One didn't go into much detail and the other took the time to explain why a full lift was needed and how the other surgeon was clearly wrong in their statement. (Confirmed by 2 different surgeons, that the information was wrong)
    I was able to confirm that I would indeed need a full lift through other surgeons stating the same thing. I've found there are some that are mainly focus on getting you through the door, getting your money, having you on the table and out. Some are impatient to explain in detail and tell you the opposite of what you desire and what is most easiest for them. (Less work or risks involved if lacking experience) So far Dr Revis has been the best in terms of explaining in detail how to get desired results, but within realistic and safe limits. If he says that something is absolutely not possible, he will not hesitate to tell you so in detail why you should not proceed with that method.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BambiCutie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you for your feedback. I agree, it's always good to get multiple opinions. I have heard of Dr. Revis before... Is he the well-known surgeon in Florida? I think I tried reaching out to him online last week.

I agree with you that some doctors just want to tell you whatever is easiest for them, opposite of what you were going for. I already mentioned this in my above post, but I have also seen that happen with doctors in the field of obstetrics. Some doctors will obligate you to an unnecessary induction, or even push you towards an avoidable C-section. Some doctors will tell you that you are not a good candidate for a natural birth. That's what happened to me, and I ended up with an avoidable C-section before I switched providers and proved him wrong with my two consecutive natural births. That bad C-section experience taught me an important lesson about how to advocate and stand up for myself better. In the case of Cosmetics, I think it is even more important that the patient gets what they want, since the patient is paying the full amount out-of-pocket, unlike childbirth, which is often covered at least in large part by insurance. Also, the most important thing with childbirth is not the method of birth, but the healthy child that results. Whereas with plastic surgery, it is all about the surgical outcome. I would feel very ripped off if I spent 6 to $7,000 to end up with boobs that look almost exactly the same as what I currently have.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to iwanthugeboobslol For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,778 Times in 723 Posts
    My Mood
    Innocent

He is one of the top board certified breast surgeons in the State of FL (Aka The Boob God), with an impressive background, located in Miami. (Worth flying out for a consultation) His response time is pretty fast, if he has not responded I would reach out to him again through email. (Always received a quick reply this way) His work is one of the most realistic without being unrealistic or out of portion. He takes the time to greatly go into details regarding your breasts and will explain why he recommends specific methods.

I feel the same way in terms of how Cesareans are often misused in the medical field, when they have been proven to be unnecessary in the majority of cases. (Bad enough, they have you laying on your back)
    All I needed to see was woman I came in contact with who had Cesareans who were left absolutely destroyed down in their regions to know how abusive and disgustingly explosive it can truly be.. It is very sad..
    This is why I take every word with a grain of salt, especially when it comes to medical/cosmetic procedures. Much as I would love to have my breasts done quickly, I've found it to be a sign that more information is needed in addition to saving for an emergency.

I've spoken to some shady and sloppy breast surgeons with a questionable record. Some surgeons who were outstanding, but didn't have the results I was seeking who mainly appeared to stay within their safe limits.
    Ultra conservative surgeons who are frankly, rather annoying. Who tell you what you would look best with in their eyes, rather than working with you and shaming your desired outcome. Then there are surgeons who are well known and have a history to back their professional status. Where they know what your desire is, work with you to come up with a reasonable plan, informing you of specific details of how the surgery will be planned, taking the time to get back in touch with you and providing you with any details that could help you make an informed decision. Their advice also closely matches other reputable surgeons who follow similar paths and techniques not usually found in the surgeons stated above. They also have very clean records and have maintained their status as being one of the top board certified surgeons.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BambiCutie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I am so glad we are on the same page about how we feel regarding cesarean section. My c-section was such a lousy experience, and it was my first birth experience too. I am so glad I did not stay with that asshole doctor. He was not only Pro C-section, but he had terrible rude bedside manner at times too.

And yes, my body is definitely ruined, but more so because prior to any kids being born I had a really bad case of Cushing syndrome oh, more so than the actual c-section scar or shelf. But I do blame my diastasis recti on the C-section for sure. That is why I will be getting an abdominoplasty along with my breast augmentation upgrade. I actually feel that the abdominoplasty is more of a necessity then a breast revision, as I feel that my abdomen is so poor that I almost do it as a form of reconstructive surgery following major illness than a truly cosmetic procedure. If you Google search nephrotic syndrome and Cushing syndrome, you will see what I mean. I smelled up a lot of water weight in a very short time, and then was treated with corticosteroids. It completely ruined my body. I've had multiple full-term pregnancies two very big babies after that, and I never gained a single stretch mark from any of those pregnancies. I also bounced back weight-wise remarkably fast after each pregnancy. Any weight gain I still carry is from simple aging (my metabolism started slowing in my mid 20s, years prior to having children) and past job stress (now at a much better job). Go figure, childbirth doesn't do anything to my body except for the one and only C-section I had, but kidney problems and resultant Cushing syndrome is the thing that destroys me. I have all the luck in life.

Good news. I found a surgeon in New Jersey who seems to be right on board with my plan. He is on the same page with me, willing to do the very large implants. Something told me to try New Jersey because Pennsylvania has very high medical malpractice insurance, so in general Pennsylvania doctors tend to be rather cautious. The doctor I found in New Jersey is very well reputed, double board-certified, and has a degree in Fine Art along with his medical degrees. The only problem is, they have few surgery dates available because of the pandemic pushing everyone back, so the only date that works for me anytime in the next year is a date that is a few weeks sooner than I ever expected to pursue. However, I have the money, my husband says go for it, so I guess I just need to face the music that this is really happening LOL. I am nervous, but looking forward to it, as I will finally have a normal looking abdomen again and breasts that are more proportionately large to my new, slightly heavier body frame.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iwanthugeboobslol For This Useful Post:

Featured Member trustfundkiller's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,676 Times in 955 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

Have you considered Dr. Don Revis in Fort Lauderdale? He specializes in extra large implants, and he's worked with a lot of well-known models in the adult industry.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I think a lift is what I need. I had one set of siliy's which took me to a DD. That was exactly 10 yrs. ago. So they are now sitting down lower, further down on my chest than ideal. This is where some girls would get an additional pair to sit above the originals, to fill out the space where they've dragged downward. My issue though, is that in addition to being petite, I also have a small head. Were I to go larger, I would be in danger of my boobs being almost larger than my head. (Each individual boob). This is an actual thing that some girls might not think about, but it could happen. I actually know a girl it happened to. Not sure if she realizes it, but I saw her pic on social media, and I just happened to notice that that is the case. Your head decreases in size as you age.

Anyway, I need to do a bunch of research bc I don't really know anything about lifts. From the comments above, it's clear that my surgeon was one of the ones who wanted to get me in/out fast, with some plants, his specialty, but didn't wish to discuss anything about a lift when I had asked. I originally had natural large D's so was just considering a lift, but then he got me thinking of going a size larger, and I decided I did want that. He was a good surgeon, and they did look great & very natural at first. But right at the 10 year mark, things have started to degrade slightly.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Carmen Elixer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,415 Times in 2,429 Posts

Dr. Revis or dr. Ary krau in Miami.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,991 Times in 1,778 Posts
    My Mood
    Chatty

Dr Hunsaker in miami does large implants and does them really well at a very decent price. His staff is also professional and gets back to you quickly.
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself..."
    -Oscar Wilde

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caramelcraze For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,257 Times in 4,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    In Love

Revis for East coast, Pousti for West coast.
    "Fake tits are like Kevlar. They don't guarantee your chances of survival but they sure as hell improve it."
    Tempest

23. The Following User Says Thank You to tempest666 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you to everyone. I found a surgeon who is happy to implant 800cc ultra high profile silicone implants (5th gen cohesive gel). I'm scheduled for surgery in 10 days, along with a full abdominoplasty and lipo. Because I am being operated on in a covid hotspot state, I'm being covid testing in 8 days. I plunked down more money for this than I did for the down payment on my first house 10 years ago...thanks in part to the covid stimulus check and a few years of income tax refund checks put into savings. Crossing my fingers surgery still stays on through this pandemic resurgence!!! Getting excited!!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to iwanthugeboobslol For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Update: Got my breast implants upgrade and abdominoplasty surgeries today, yay!! I was so nervous going in, even though I'd gone through surgery and anesthetics before with no issues. It went great! So far recivery has been much easier than my prior augmentation OR csection. I haven't even had to use any of the scripts for narcotics yet. So glad I found a surgeon in New Jersey who was willing to use 800cc silicone implants, plus could do the abdominoplasty at the same time! I'm glad I got it done this summer, since I'm not missing much while I recover, since a lot of summer events are closed or canceled because of the pandemic. By next summer, hopefully water parks will be open again and I can go there with my new body!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,257 Times in 4,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by iwanthugeboobslol View Post
    Update: Got my breast implants upgrade and abdominoplasty surgeries today, yay!! I was so nervous going in, even though I'd gone through surgery and anesthetics before with no issues. It went great! So far recivery has been much easier than my prior augmentation OR csection. I haven't even had to use any of the scripts for narcotics yet. So glad I found a surgeon in New Jersey who was willing to use 800cc silicone implants, plus could do the abdominoplasty at the same time! I'm glad I got it done this summer, since I'm not missing much while I recover, since a lot of summer events are closed or canceled because of the pandemic. By next summer, hopefully water parks will be open again and I can go there with my new body!
    In JERSEY??? Please pm me.
    "Fake tits are like Kevlar. They don't guarantee your chances of survival but they sure as hell improve it."
    Tempest

Thanks

New update: I'm now 11 days post op. Very happy with my BA results. My doctor did what my previous BA surgeon claimed would be impossible, implanted 800 cc silicone implants, and they've already started dropping nicely into place. They have lots of fullness and roundness that I felt I had been lacking with my previous set of 450cc salines.

My tummy tuck has been one of the most difficult surgical recoveries I've ever gone through, mostly because of how limited I've been mobility-wise. I'm still unable to stand up completely straight. I have 3 kids and my husband works a very demanding job, so that has made it more of a struggle for me to not have full mobility yet. I've had painful back spasms a week out, probably due to overexertion. But I'm healing well, so that's good. Apparently tummy tucks are one of the most difficult cosmetic surgerical procedures, especially when it involves internal muscle suturing like mine. I asked the doctor about the extent of diastasis recti that I'd had prior to the surgery, and he confirmed that it was significant, several inches of abdominal muscle separation on each side! So it's good that I got this done. When I am fully recovered, I will be able to finally get ab benefits of working out. Previously my severe diastasis recti made it such that working out my abs ironically made my belly bulge worse, not better. My belly is swollen right now but still much smaller and flatter than before, and jt lacks the pregnant-looking rounded protrusion that it had before. So it's a job well done!

My doctor's name is Dr. Sean Bidic of Mullica Hill, NJ. He is great! Super friendly guy, well rounded with many diverse and innovative surgical techniques, and has a fine arts degree in 3-D sculpture in addition to his board certifications in plastic surgery and hand surgery. He has already gotten several area recognitions.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to iwanthugeboobslol For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,415 Times in 2,429 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iwanthugeboobslol View Post
    Not that you need to be going but CamelBack waterpark is open I believe.