Thread: When your face's gone 2 hell

Thanks
    Thanked 19,828 Times in 10,242 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Crossfingers *******

†*****
    Last edited by whirlerz; 09-13-2020 at 11:16 PM.
    Characterize people by their actions, & you'll never be fooled by their words.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Default Re: When your face's gone 2 hell

Quote Originally Posted by whirlerz View Post
    So, I'd like facial /laser stuff, but not in the cards right now, unless lotto win.

Currently using 30% vitamin C, (Ordinary brand), also, backochinol (natural retinol), not seeing much improvement. Using face rollers (I'm getting one that uses energy, manual ones aren't cutting it.)

Been checking out samples of higher quality products, most of the usual stuff is for 30-ish type aging issues

Hey girl...Esthetician here! Are you just breaking out with pimples? Face rollers would stimulate the oil glands in your skin to produce more oil. Also using Vitamin C and retinol at the same time basically cancel eachother out, which may be why youre not seeing much results. Personally I like to use AHA serums as they can be cocktailed with quite a few other products.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sugarsteepdoll For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,773 Times in 722 Posts
    My Mood
    Innocent

Been using Some By Mi Snail Truecica Miracle Repair and toner at night, along with Mineral 100 Calming sun cream sunscreen in the day.
    Moisturizes, clears age spots, blemishes and wrinkles under the eyes after using for a few months. The two used together gave amazing results!
    Might be on the cheaper side compared to the more expensive products, but can say it feels great against the skin and removed a lot of sun damage/age spots.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BambiCutie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,989 Times in 1,778 Posts
    My Mood
    Chatty

Started getting more into skin care when i quit smoking last year as it wrecked havoc on my skin.
    Started taking a collagen booster (can't ingest straight collagen anymore because it messes with some of my health conditions, but I highly recommend doing so if you can), using a heavy duty toner because i had a lot of dark spots from constant acne break outs (Tula Get Toned worked wonders for me), invested in a good eye serum (really like Estee Lauder Perfectionist [CP+R] even though it's pricey af), use eye masks a few days per week (earth theraputics hydrogel collagenunder eye patches are bomb and like $10 for 5 pairs), and started using a moisturizer every day even though I have really oily skin (big fan of First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair face moisturizer). The dark spots I had cleared up fast, fine lines buffed out a bit, hollowness under my eyes is basically gone, and acne breakouts stopped being as bad.

The real game changer though was finding out that I have a chemical spf allergy. All those years of acne scarring/spotting up my skin were caused by using foundations and creams with it. Switched to a foundation with physical spf instead and my skin thanked me instantly. Went from getting tons of big deep pimples covering my chin, cheeks, and forehead plus loads of black heads to just the occasional small hormonal white head basically overnight. My skin has cleared up so much and looks a million times healthier now.
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself..."
    -Oscar Wilde

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to caramelcraze For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by whirlerz View Post
    I think the Asian co's understand dark spots issues better.
    The thing you really have to watch for is that many have skin bleaching agents in their products. I'm mixed so that's a no go for me. Had a moisturizer I LOVED by a korean brand and it bleached me tf out! Like 2 weeks of use and my foundation didn't match anymore. I just stick to chemical exfoliation peels now to get rid of dark spots because then I don't have to worry as much about accidentally bleaching my skin
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself..."
    -Oscar Wilde

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to caramelcraze For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Yes, good points, carmel!
    I was using the Burt's Bees for spots, it's natural, it's something I've had around awhile, (might be expired?) but it's affordable so..

Just hard to find, sold out at drugstors, walmart has

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,012 Times in 1,612 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

My face is not gone to hell, I have normal spots, redness here and there, large pores, blackheads, occasional breakouts, etc.
    Since I am using Paula's Choice products, my face is behaving wayyy better.
    I am 28 so, soon I am gonna start taking interest on facials, vitamin cocktails to inject into the face and neck, microdermabrasion, or even small doses of botox.

MY BUTT, intsead, is... a ruin. It's full of acne scars, so right now I am using a BHA body spray from Paula's choice, every other day. And in between, I started to mix some Vitamin C 25% booster, from Paula's Choice, with some Avene Cicalfate cream.
    I hope it's gonna fade my booty scars. Cuz I have a cute ass, but I can't show it on cam or take pics, because it looks horrible.

If it doesn't work, I'll look into those asian bleaching creams (I wonder if they work with the dark areas from my crotch... the older I get, the brownier it goes and with my white pale skin, it looks like I'm dirty in between my thighs) ))
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

I have always sworn to carbide(urea) based creams. I got this advice from several people, first my mother and later my former PT among others. I don't use it just for my face, rather as a part of my general skin care regime. I'm also a sworn user of virgin coconut oil

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kimbe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Cutie, I hear really good things about Paula's Peel

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Cutie101 View Post
    My face is not gone to hell, I have normal spots, redness here and there, large pores, blackheads, occasional breakouts, etc.
    Since I am using Paula's Choice products, my face is behaving wayyy better.
    I am 28 so, soon I am gonna start taking interest on facials, vitamin cocktails to inject into the face and neck, microdermabrasion, or even small doses of botox.

MY BUTT, intsead, is... a ruin. It's full of acne scars, so right now I am using a BHA body spray from Paula's choice, every other day. And in between, I started to mix some Vitamin C 25% booster, from Paula's Choice, with some Avene Cicalfate cream.
    I hope it's gonna fade my booty scars. Cuz I have a cute ass, but I can't show it on cam or take pics, because it looks horrible.

If it doesn't work, I'll look into those asian bleaching creams (I wonder if they work with the dark areas from my crotch... the older I get, the brownier it goes and with my white pale skin, it looks like I'm dirty in between my thighs) ))
    The “Get Toned” I mentioned earlier works amazing on dark spots all over (use it on my butt as well). It’s a chemical exfoliant toner. A bit pricey, but I have yet to try anything that works nearly as well. Plus a bottle lasts months even with heavy use. Tried “The Ordinary”’s version (it’s 7% glycolic acid whereas Get Toned is 10%) and didn’t have nearly as good of results.
    -Oscar Wilde

19. The Following User Says Thank You to caramelcraze For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,084 Times in 382 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Lately what has been working for me is a whole lot of biologique recherche products. Tried to resist but after getting facials done with the products I was sold. I typically do 2 nights chemical exfoliating, followed by 2-3 nights retinol (I like sanitas, verso, I change this up) then 2 nights moisturizing. Rinse and repeat. I have been messing around with skincare for awhile so it is best to ease into retinol but the derivatives don’t do anything for me.

Day time is just a vitamin c serum and day cream. You can use retinol and vit c. Best bet is to use the c during the day only but if you study the ingredients you can use them at the same time effectively.

This regimen has left me totally glowy and healthy looking sans make up. I am getting some laser done in a few weeks to clear up the redness around my nose/mouth. That is the only reason I wear foundation off duty. I have oily but not acne prone skin, so I have embraced the more glowy look which on me is much more flattering

Oh I also like the drunk elephant baby facial!.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kamiliam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

I've heard a lot of good things about that French brand

23. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

What is good for Hyper-pigmentation?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovelyblossom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 23,941 Times in 8,821 Posts
    My Mood
    Amazed

The title though......

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,537 Times in 3,384 Posts

Have you tried going to a dermatologist?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,537 Times in 3,384 Posts

Can you afford to travel? (Once it's safe) It says here, you can see a good dermatologist in Mexico for a lot less money than what it cost in the US.

https://www.mexinsurance.com/blog/cr...-for-skincare/