5 62.50%
  • press ons

3 37.50%

Thread: acrylics vs press ons!!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Smiley acrylics vs press ons!!!

hey guys, not sure if this is in the right forum, but has anybody tried dancing with press on nails instead of acrylics? Iím usually an acrylic nail die hard but since quarantine I havenít had a reason to do my nails, and I realized just how damaged they used to be. theyíre finally back to healthy and I also reflected about how it was just NORMAL to me to literally break my nails at work (like my real nails underneath). But since Iím headed back to work soon I want to be my most confident stripper self (and long ass nails helps that) Iím on Etsy looking at press ons and there are some seriously adorable (and long!) ones tht look better and are half the price of my usual acrylics. I was just wondering if theyíre worth it?? would they pop off too much?? has anybody actually tried dancing in them??

Thanks
    Thanked 19,849 Times in 10,253 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Arrow Re: acrylics vs press ons!!!

I'd go w/press on, they've gotten a lot better!
    Try http://www.tresshe.com or the ones at Ulta.
    Characterize people by their actions, & you'll never be fooled by their words.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,620 Times in 561 Posts

Default Re: acrylics vs press ons!!!

I do press ons from Walmart, but you can go to Sally’s and they have acrylic kits so you can do your own at home. I did mine at they weren’t actually too bad. Basic AF cause it’s hard to sculpt and shape them.

Don’t get any water under your press on nails! With covid that’s hard with the press ons cause I’m constantly washing my hands. Use the gel antibacterial to keep your hands clean if you don’t want yucky nails.
    Last edited by moneybags; 09-22-2020 at 04:04 PM.
    Focus more on what you want than on what you donít want

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 1,779 Posts
    My Mood
    Chatty

Neither.
    Used to be a die hard acrylics fan because I have terrible natural nails, LOVE having really long nails, and constantly gluing down or losing nails drives me batty. When covid hit and the nail salons all closed down, I wasn't about to give up my long nails so after some research I discovered Polygel. Watched a bunch of youtube tutorials and decided to take the plunge, so I purchased a kit.
    Holy moly, do I wish that I'd found this stuff years ago! way easier than acrylics to learn how to do, they stay put as long as acrylics, are usually more durable, you can pain them with gel or regular polish, and are far less expensive than nail salon visits. Doing them yourself is a bit time consuming & there's a small learning curve but, even though the nail salons have opened back up here, I haven't been back once! If a nail breaks or starts to lift (which is rare), I can easily fix it myself. If I want a new color, I can just do it myself. Saving so much money not going to the salon every 2 weeks for a fill or anytime one breaks.
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself..."
    -Oscar Wilde

7. The Following User Says Thank You to caramelcraze For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 23,978 Times in 8,837 Posts
    My Mood
    Amazed

I love press ons but mostly for going out at night wear.

I really don't want daily long nails so I'm cool with just 2-3 days of nails

ImPress is my fav brand

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Quote Originally Posted by caramelcraze View Post
    Neither.
    Used to be a die hard acrylics fan because I have terrible natural nails, LOVE having really long nails, and constantly gluing down or losing nails drives me batty. When covid hit and the nail salons all closed down, I wasn't about to give up my long nails so after some research I discovered Polygel. Watched a bunch of youtube tutorials and decided to take the plunge, so I purchased a kit.
    Holy moly, do I wish that I'd found this stuff years ago! way easier than acrylics to learn how to do, they stay put as long as acrylics, are usually more durable, you can pain them with gel or regular polish, and are far less expensive than nail salon visits. Doing them yourself is a bit time consuming & there's a small learning curve but, even though the nail salons have opened back up here, I haven't been back once! If a nail breaks or starts to lift (which is rare), I can easily fix it myself. If I want a new color, I can just do it myself. Saving so much money not going to the salon every 2 weeks for a fill or anytime one breaks.
    Ooh, I want to try this^!

My nails were long all summer, now they broke off & died
    I just bought Nail Envy nail treatment from OPI, but haven't used it yet.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

I'm a nail tech and since covid, press-ons have been my go to for keeping business alive. The coolest thing about press-ons is you can reuse them and try on different styles, shapes, and art each day of the week.

Also if you're looking for quality press-ons, look for ones that use all gel full coverage tips (usually marketed as Gel-X). They last a lot longer than the regular ABS tips and they have a better shape and apex on the nail.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LilJammer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,972 Times in 3,520 Posts

The ImPress gel press-ons are amazing. Before quarantine I was both dancing and waiting tables, and they would last 2-3 weeks even with the abuse that a restaurant job puts nails through. They look professional as long as you pick the right width for each finger & apply them straight. Always get lots of compliments on them and $6 beats the hell out of $35+ for a salon visit.

I use the ones that don't add any length, but they have some that do if that's what you're looking for. Those I'm not as sure about as far as how long they last.
    "People jack off with the left hand and point with the right."

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,102 Times in 976 Posts

shopping:
    a lot of press on girls are ordering from etsy style sites but the “artist” is actually ordering from ali express

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesa...-on-nails.html

Sometimes you will find your 100.00 set for 5.00 on ali express

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erika_Xstacy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

IMG_20201020_204533.jpg

'Stripper Heels'^

Thanks

Press on right now cause of covid.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Press on Ladies, press on.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by caramelcraze View Post
    Neither.
    I bought a Polygel kit off Amazon during the quarantine because the salons were closed. I LOVED the way they looked and it was super easy to apply, cure and shape. HOWEVER, removing them is a nightmare. They do not soak off with acetone, and you have to file them off. My natural nails are still recovering and growing out from that experience. I also noticed a bunch of lifting at the cuticle, which traps moisture and bacteria underneath. I was constantly having to do fills to correct this problem. Maybe it was the quality of the products I used (they had good reviews though), or my lamp not curing well enough, but I really wouldn't recommend Polygels for at-home use. I would probably only use the gel on top of a drug store bought press-on to add some thickness.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to GoldSolutions For This Useful Post: