Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breonna Taylor's murderers get AWAY

Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 759 Posts

Default Breonna Taylor's murderers get AWAY

This is infuriating. Two of these assholes got off and the third caught a charge that is a LAUGH. WTF!

They come barging in and they're in plain clothes and pump five fucking bullets into a sleeping Woman! AND WALK!!

AND IT WASN'T EVEN THE RIGHT APARTMENT. These people were totally innocent!
    Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Raziel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: Breonna Taylor's murderers get AWAY

I can't believe this!!!
    Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Raziel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sure the BF shot at them. They barge in, i don't know who they are, and pump five fucking bullets into my Girlfriend, fuck i'd shoot at 'em too! They'd be dead right now if they pulled that shit with ME.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raziel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 24,321 Times in 8,983 Posts

Should have known because that’s why they implemented the state of emergency

I’d be surprised if some rioting don’t go down anyways

8. The Following User Says Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel View Post
    This is infuriating. Two of these assholes got off and the third caught a charge that is a LAUGH. WTF!

They come barging in and they're in plain clothes and pump five fucking bullets into a sleeping Woman! AND WALK!!

AND IT WASN'T EVEN THE RIGHT APARTMENT. These people were totally innocent!
    It’s a cold world right about now......

10. The Following User Says Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I just don't know... I'm REALLY disappointed. She was innocent. Had done nothing.

This is terrible. No fucking Justice.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raziel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,201 Times in 429 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Not surprised but still very sad

The only thing you can give the system is that they are consistent.

I’m sure many (including on here) are glad they were to right the wrong of that property damage though. And to of course put that ahead of a human life, or the many human lives who will endure violence due to this.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kamiliam For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I know that if I inject some FACTS into this thread that it will just create an emotion based argument that will lead nowhere except to rancor and bad feelings. So for anyone interested in the other side of the story ; and there is one, I suggest that they review the public statement from the Kentucky Attorney General. Who is a black man btw.
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eric Stoner For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I don't give a fuck if she was BLUE. She was an innocent sleeping woman. That is NOT in dispute. They pumped FIVE BULLETS into her. She's DEAD.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Raziel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,201 Times in 429 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

The only fact in there is how the law is written for the police to do anything in the line of duty. Previous cases have shown this fact. That has nothing to do with Breonna. It is systematic.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kamiliam For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I respectfully suggest a review of the factual record. That being said, there may be a flaw in the laws of Kentucky as written because at least in N.Y. there is a case for at least prosecuting for involuntary manslaughter. And under these facts a conviction would be far from certain. Secondly the City of Louisville acknowledged the wrongfulness of Breonna Taylor's death by paying a record $12 million to her estate. One of the officers has already been fired and is being prosecuted for three counts of wanton endangerment.
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks

The family could still sue for monetary damages like a civil case right?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by miss.a.p1600 View Post
    NO ! They took the money in exchange for releasing the City of Louisville, the Louisville P.D. and the individual officers involved from any and all liability.

There is no argument that Breonna Taylor was an innocent bystander. Likewise there is no evidence ( none, zero , zip, nada ) of any wrongful or criminal intent on the part of the police. They were executing a valid warrant. Independent eyewitnesses have confirmed that they announced themselves ( it was NOT a no-knock warrant ) AND that Walker fired FIRST hitting one of the officers in the leg. It was THEN that the officers returned fire. This was NOT a case of barging into the wrong apartment. Breonna Taylor's EX-boyfriend WAS a convicted drug dealer and had been observed going in and out of her apartment. Ms. Taylor was in the wrong place at the wrong time after being closely involved with the wrong guy.

Not that it should matter but I still think at least two of the defendants in the Amadou Diallo case should have been convicted of involuntary manslaughter. So I do not always give the police the benefit of the doubt. Far from it. The problem is that in Breonna Taylor's case there is NO DOUBT about what happened. The one officer who acted recklessly , or "wantonly" under the laws of Kentucky is being prosecuted. If , IF, his bullets were the ones that hit and killed Breonna then given his other alleged recklessness there WOULD be a case for some sort of manslaughter prosecution.

Demanding prosecution based on emotion and first impressions is dangerous. Doubly so if past history is supposed to trump current facts as too many people today seem to be arguing. I am surprised by an apparent failure to recognize that among too many people, especially in the media. That corrupts the rule of law and invites miscarriages of justice. Just because Mr. Crump says it does not make it so.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eric Stoner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 735 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by miss.a.p1600 View Post
    Eric is right. Breyonna Taylor's family accepted a substantial settlement in exchange for their dropping all claims against the officers, city, county and state.

That's the nature of civil litigation.

HTH
    Z

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zofia For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,666 Times in 3,451 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stoner View Post
    NO ! They took the money in exchange for releasing the City of Louisville, the Louisville P.D. and the individual officers involved from any and all liability.

There is no argument that Breonna Taylor was an innocent bystander. Likewise there is no evidence ( none, zero , zip, nada ) of any wrongful or criminal intent on the part of the police. They were executing a valid warrant. Independent eyewitnesses have confirmed that they announced themselves ( it was NOT a no-knock warrant ) AND that Walker fired FIRST hitting one of the officers in the leg. It was THEN that the officers returned fire. This was NOT a case of barging into the wrong apartment. Breonna Taylor's EX-boyfriend WAS a convicted drug dealer and had been observed going in and out of her apartment. Ms. Taylor was in the wrong place at the wrong time after being closely involved with the wrong guy.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...reonna-taylor/
    In what was probably the most frustrating part of Cameronís press event, he cited a single witness who claimed to have heard the officers identify themselves as police. I spoke with Taylorís lawyers in June, who at that time had interviewed 11 of her neighbors. Many lived in the same apartment building as Taylor. According to the lawyers, no neighbor heard an announcement. The New York Times interviewed 12 neighbors. They found one ó just one ó who heard an announcement. And he only heard one announcement. He also told the paper that with all the commotion, itís entirely possible that Walker and Taylor didnít hear that announcement. Cameron neglected to mention any of this.

Moreover, in a CNN interview Wednesday night, Walkerís attorney, Steven Romines, said the witness to whom Cameron was referring initially said he did not hear the police announce themselves. And he repeated that assertion in a second interview. It was only after his third interview that he finally said he heard an announcement. Thatís critical context that Cameron neglected to mention.
    If her ex-boyfriend was the target, then the police should have confirmed that he was in the apartment. There's no question the police acted recklessly in this case, especially if they didn't clearly announce who they were. Pounding on the door before they entered probably made it even worse.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,922 Times in 5,477 Posts

Remember this verdict when you get called up for jury duty or when you vote.

Warrantless search and seizure is illegal in the US, for good reason. No knock warrants are easy to mess up due to small issues that might arise during the execution of said warrant......The police should never come in guns ablazing for a drug warrant.

Just ugh. Justice failed here.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yeah, but they weren't selling fucking DRUGS!! It was the wrong apartment!! GOD, what idiots these dudes were.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Raziel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

At least the family got paid, but i'd have far rather seen justice done.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Raziel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2 View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...reonna-taylor/

If her ex-boyfriend was the target, then the police should have confirmed that he was in the apartment. There's no question the police acted recklessly in this case, especially if they didn't clearly announce who they were. Pounding on the door before they entered probably made it even worse.
    There are kernels of truth contained in the reports you cite. First things first - 1.Cameron was not the arbiter of whether or not there was probable cause to believe a crime had been committed. That was the sole province of the grand jury. 2. Walker was not charged with any crime. Under Kentucky law he was engaging in self-defense. Issues having to do with who said what ; whether the police AUDIBLY announced themselves etc. actually go more to the decision not to prosecute Walker than other issues in the case. And he only fired one shot. 3.The other ear-witnesses were asleep when the raid began. The police chose to conduct this raid AFTER Midnight. In almost every case where an innocent homeowner or occupant is mistakenly shot during a police raid ; it involves a warrant execution AT NIGHT. Often late at night or just before dawn. Louisville took this into account when they revised certain police procedures in the wake of Ms. Taylor's killing. 4. Taylor was NOT asleep. She was shot standing up BEHIND Walker. Only one of the six bullets that struck her was fatal. 5. At the time of the raid the EX-boyfriend was already in custody so he clearly was not the immediate target. According to the warrant application , HIS drugs and HIS drug money were. Again, this makes the timing of the raid highly questionable. Especially because no drugs were found and I guarantee you the police tried VERY hard to find something , anything to provide even a small legal fig leaf for what they did. I am sure they were not neat and did not clean up their mess. Despite their allegation that Taylor "stashed" her ex's drug money they did not recover any.

I agree with you that there was recklessness by the police in this case. Which is why I said that in N.Y. there would probably be grounds for an involuntary manslaughter indictment. A conviction would be difficult but not impossible. ( I still think the Diallo case was very poorly prosecuted having listened to and/or watched most of the trial. The performance of the prosecution was poor . Particularly the cross-examination of the defendants. ) I also said that Kentucky law may be flawed. For instance, under Kentucky law it is crucial that none of the indicted officer's bullets struck Taylor and that the other two's bullets were the ones that did. It seems to me that they were acting in concert and that they may have lied ( intentionally or not ) to get the warrant . They were undoubtedly helped by the fact that Walker fired first and that his one shot struck one of the police officers in the leg.

Before anyone gets their hopes up for a Federal Civil Rights prosecution please note that the Feds have to believe that there was INTENT to deprive Taylor of her Constitutional rights and that is not an easy hurdle to get over. If , IF it is shown that the police lied to get their warrant or relied on patently flimsy information that might be enough to at least get it before a Federal grand jury. Maybe but don't bet on it.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnuffleUffleGrass View Post
    Remember this verdict when you get called up for jury duty or when you vote.

Warrantless search and seizure is illegal in the US, for good reason. No knock warrants are easy to mess up due to small issues that might arise during the execution of said warrant......The police should never come in guns ablazing for a drug warrant.

Just ugh. Justice failed here.
    One problem. That is NOT what happened here. Walker fired first.

I'm sorry but two wrongs don't make a right. Trite but true. Acquitting O.J. of two murders he clearly committed * to get back at the LAPD for Rodney King does not help the cause of equal justice.

A good juror decides cases based on the evidence and law in the case that he or she is hearing. I assume that is what you would want the jurors to do if they heard a case involving you ; or one of your loved ones. Nullification or jury payback is NOT justice. It is a form of anarchy.

* Yes, I know about the late Stanley Crouch's observation that the "LAPD tried to frame a guilty man "; that Mark Fuhrman is and was a racist asshole ; that the LAPD was sloppy in handling the crime scenes ( please note the plural ) and some physical evidence etc. The fact remains that O.J. had Nicole's and Ron's blood on his clothes and on and in his car. For a host of other reasons he was guilty but the jury let him off the hook as partial payback for Rodney King and too many other cases of fascist brutality by the LAPD under the reptilian Daryl Gates. Who replaced the crypto-fascist Ed Davis who replaced the mixed bag of Ed Parker.
    Last edited by Eric Stoner; 09-25-2020 at 09:19 AM.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel View Post
    Yeah, but they weren't selling fucking DRUGS!! It was the wrong apartment!! GOD, what idiots these dudes were.
    I'm partially inclined to just ignore your rants . ONLY for the sake of any readers who somehow think you know what you are talking about: While there is no evidence that Taylor sold drugs, her ex-boyfriend clearly did. Out of the apartment where he lived with Taylor. Even after he moved out. It was NOT the wrong apartment. It probably was the wrong time to raid the apartment. Not just the wrong time of day but no drugs or drug money were found so the whole raid was apparently too late to actually accomplish anything other than to set up a terrible tragedy.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eric Stoner For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Her EX-boyfriend, He wasn't living there!
    Last edited by Raziel; 09-25-2020 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Removed an expletive

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Raziel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

And i would have done the same. How the fuck am i supposed to know who these dudes are. They were in plain clothes. They didn't announce themselves! I'm supposed to just Crystal Ball that they're cops? What idiocy is this?? You want me to lay out the Tarot deck before i do anything?

These fucking idiots can't actually find her EX? Some Cops. Her ex Who DOES NOT LIVE THERE BTW! The Keystone Cops.
    Last edited by Raziel; 09-25-2020 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Keystone Cops

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Raziel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,922 Times in 5,477 Posts

I'm sorry but two wrongs don't make a right. Trite but true. Acquitting O.J. of two murders he clearly committed * to get back at the LAPD for Rodney King does not help the cause of equal justice.

A good juror decides cases based on the evidence and law in the case that he or she is hearing. I assume that is what you would want the jurors to do if they heard a case involving you ; or one of your loved ones. Nullification or jury payback is NOT justice. It is a form of anarchy.

* Yes, I know about the late Stanley Crouch's observation that the "LAPD tried to frame a guilty man "; that Mark Fuhrman is and was a racist asshole ; that the LAPD was sloppy in handling the crime scenes ( please note the plural ) and some physical evidence etc. The fact remains that O.J. had Nicole's and Ron's blood on his clothes and on and in his car. For a host of other reasons he was guilty but the jury let him off the hook as partial payback for Rodney King and too many other cases of fascist brutality by the LAPD under the reptilian Daryl Gates. Who replaced the crypto-fascist Ed Davis who replaced the mixed bag of Ed Parker.

So a guy fired his gun in self-defense under reasonable conditions and still got penalized. & A woman got "manslaughtered"...that is what happened here....

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eric stoner View Post
    i'm partially inclined to just ignore your rants .
    ignore, ignore, ignore

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast