Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Donald and Melania Trump tested positive for Covid-19

Thanks
    Thanked 1,093 Times in 644 Posts

Default Re: Donald and Melania Trump tested positive for Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stoner View Post
    in spite of it had/have a good economy
    How in the fuck do we have a good economy? MILLIONS are out of work??
    Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it

Thanks

If Joe Biden were a Republican don't you think the press would ask him about his history of cozying up to White Supremacists like George Wallace, Strom Thurmond and his idol Robert "K.K.K." Byrd ?

It was Obama who said : " Don't underestimate Joe's ability to fuck things up. "

Wouldn't Biden be asked : "Are you claiming that Hunter Biden was hired by the Ukrainians and paid $3.4 million for his energy expertise ? "

Would Twitter have shut down accounts that reprinted Hunter's e-mails proving that he set up meetings between his father and the Ukrainians and Chinese ? Hunter got paid $10 million by the Chinese for "introductions only ". He wouldn't be worth 10 dollars to the Chinese or anyone else unless he could get them access to his father.

Wouldn't he be asked about his brother Jimmy who with zero experience in construction formed a company that got $1.5 billion to build housing in Iraq ?

I could go on and on and on but it is well documented that Biden and his family have a long history of corruption.

Now before anyone tries to project the same or similar onto Trump and his sons the fact is that they have lost money since Trump became the President.
    Last edited by Eric Stoner; 10-15-2020 at 08:34 AM.
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks

I mean , how were YOU ; how was YOUR life negatively impacted because Trump was President ?
    I know you weren't directing it at me, but that's the question to ask when you never want anything to change. Not having gotten worse is a low bar to beat, people's lives should be getting progressively better anyway. Anyway, my life hasn't gotten worse since I've been an adult in any of the last four presidential terms, but that's not a reflection of the president.

Funnily enough, many of the same people who tell others to take responsibility for their situations are the first to blame [insert government official(s)] for their personal misfortunes. The "party of personal responsibility" indeed.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dpacrkk For This Useful Post:

Thanks

If Joe Biden were a Republican don't you think the press would ask him about his history of cozying up to White Supremacists like George Wallace, Strom Thurmond and his idol Robert "K.K.K." Byrd ?
    Because Trump DOES. George W Bush never did. Reagan never did. George H.W. Bush never did.
    Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,547 Times in 3,388 Posts

I am sorry if anyone was offended. But it is a FACT that Kamala Harris WAS Willie Brown's gf for several years ; that he helped her become California A.G. and then senator and that he advised her NOT to run for POTUS.
    What difference does it make that she was his GF? You don't win two state-wide elections in the most populous state, just by being someone's GF.

I watch Biden and I LISTEN to him. He frequently does not know what office he is running for ; what state he is in ; can't remember names ; can't remember what the Declaration of Independence says or the Constitution; is easily confused ; frequently spouts gibberish and there are other indications that he is well on his way to dementia. Board certified neurologists specializing in Alzheimer's have opined that he displays clear signs of Alzheimer's. Aside from diminished capacity now he was NEVER the sharpest knife in the drawer. Contrary to his claims he finished in the bottom if his law school class at Syracuse Law School. A mediocre law school. His fellow senators of BOTH parties voted him Dumbest Senator.
    Biden has a stuttering problem, not Alzheimer's.
    https://washingtonmonthly.com/2020/0...against-biden/
    A stutter does not get worse as a person ages, but trying to keep it at bay can take immense physical and mental energy. Biden talks all day to audiences both small and large. In addition to periodically stuttering or blocking on certain sounds, he appears to intentionally not stutter by switching to an alternative word—a technique called “circumlocution”—which can yield mangled syntax. I’ve been following practically everything he’s said for months now, and sometimes what is quickly characterized as a memory lapse is indeed a stutter. As Eric Jackson, the speech pathologist, pointed out to me, during a town hall in August Biden briefly blocked on Obama, before quickly subbing in my boss. The headlines after the event? “Biden Forgets Obama’s Name.” Other times when Biden fudges a detail or loses his train of thought, it seems unrelated to stuttering, like he’s just making a mistake. The kind of mistake other candidates make too, though less frequently than he does.
    Just getting into law school and graduating is a significant accomplishment, something Trump could never do.
    Please show your source where Biden was voted dumbest senator. Obama definitely didn't think so. Multiple members of Trump's cabinet called him an idiot or a moron. Even his own sister thinks he's a moron.

In contrast , Trump seems to have all his faculties and has a RECORD of accomplishment as POTUS. We had a strong economy and despite Covid , still do.
    He killed Solamani ( sp. ? ) ; moved our embassy to Jerusalem ; renegotiated NAFTA ; at least started talking to North Korea ; sanctioned Putin ( despite media myths of a lovey dovey relationship ) ; sanctioned China among many other actual accomplishments.
    We don't have a strong economy. Unemployment is at 8%. This is another example of you denying facts when they're right in front of you. You certainly weren't saying we had a strong economy when unemployment was 8% during Obama's first term. Again, the economy was already doing well when Trump took office. Trump's policies made it worse, not better. As I said before, GDP growth was stronger before Trump's tax cuts, than it was after. Trump's trade wars have been a disaster for America. Manufacturing had gone into recession even before the pandemic. Farmers have lost billions.

You're making a big deal out of insignificant things. We've been talking to N Korea for years. Previous presidents didn't meet with their leaders to avoid giving them legitimacy. Trump gave Kim Jong-Un, one of the most brutal, murderous rulers in the world; legitimacy and prestige by meeting with him, and got nothing in return. Trump's policies towards Iran have been a disaster. Under Obama/Biden, we reached a deal with Iran where they destroyed thousands of nuclear centrifuges and stopped enriching uranium. Trump pulled out of the deal and Iran is enriching uranium again. From:

https://responsiblestatecraft.org/20...-nuclear-deal/

Now Trump is begging for a do-over. Despite the legal debate over Pompeo’s interpretation of UNSCR 2231, Trump’s gambit will prove less a legal question than a political one. The issue is not so much whether the United States remains a “JCPOA participant,” but whether the other members of the Security Council — and most prominently, its permanent members — will recognize the United States as such and allow Trump to issue a reverse veto to ensure the full re-imposition of U.N. sanctions on Iran.

That is less likely to happen — and for an obvious reason: the Trump administration has spent the last three years squandering any international goodwill towards the United States, abandoning international agreements, strong-arming allies, and cozying up to dictators. It has threatened and cajoled its European allies to abandon legitimate trade with Iran or risk the wrath of punishing U.S. sanctions — all for the purpose of killing a fully functioning nuclear agreement that Europe views as essential to its security. Trump will need the sympathy of Europe’s permanent members to the Security Council. But no sympathy is likely to be forthcoming.
    Biden was wrong on just about every single foreign policy issue of the last 12 years. He admits that he advised Obama not to give the green light to Seal Team 6 to kill Bin Laden.
    He wasn't wrong about Iran. Trump is very wrong. Now we're facing the possibility of Iran acquiring nuclear weapons.

Biden might be more physically fit than Trump. Who isn't ? But his brain is suspect.
    Again, he has a stuttering problem. It's obvious to anyone, Trump has severe mental issues, but again, you refuse to see anything negative about Trump, no matter how obvious.

I have watched and listened to Ms. Harris. She is just as phony as Hillary and has no record of accomplishment. Accomplishment not policy positions ; or Senate votes or sponsorships. That is activity , not accomplishment .

I watched her during the Democrat debates. Other than one bitch slap of Biden for his opposition to busing ( true btw ) what did she say that had any meaning ? In her most recent debate she was destroyed by Pence. She is a San Francisco radical elitist. Like Pelosi and Gavin Newsome.
    This is another example of you denying what's right in front of you. Every poll I've seen shows Americans overwhelmingly think Harris won, yet you think Pence destroyed her. There's no way any objective person could possibly say that. I can see someone who agrees with Pence saying he won, but there's no way you could say he destroyed her. I think the entire basis for your view is your personal dislike of Harris.

You support a man who was born into great wealth and got everything he has from his father, and you're calling Harris and Pelosi "elitist"? I think your views are based on your personal feelings about them, rather than any facts. Pelosi is one of the most effective House Speakers ever.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

Has it been that terrible ? I get that Trump is a hump . But prior to Covid and now in spite of it had/have a good economy. ( Eagle relax. Just put your feet up and apply a cool compress lol. )
    I mean , how were YOU ; how was YOUR life negatively impacted because Trump was President ?
    There are some people who actually find it disturbing when we see other people being harmed, even if we're not being directly harmed ourselves. Seeing more than 220,000 Americans die as a result of Trump's stupidity, incompetence, dishonesty, and negligence is very disturbing, even if you are one of those people who hasn't been directly affected by covid. Seeing children forcibly being removed from their parents by Trump's thugs is very disturbing. Seeing people being harassed by Trump supporters because of their race or ethnicity is disturbing. Trump is making an all out effort to outlaw abortion, which could directly harm members of this forum. The Trump Administration is currently in court trying to remove protections from people with pre-existing conditions, which could directly harm members of this forum.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel View Post
    Because Trump DOES. George W Bush never did. Reagan never did. George H.W. Bush never did.
    Name one , just one, White Supremacist that Trump eulogized the way Biden eulogized Robert "White Sheet " Byrd ?
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks

Name one , just one, White Supremacist that Trump eulogized the way Biden eulogized Robert "White Sheet " Byrd ?
    No, because he's not stupid. But he refuses to condemn it or them. He defended that kid that shot protesters, for example. I forget the kid's name. It's not that important anyway. Pretty soon he'll be laying ass up getting fucked by some dude.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2 View Post
    What difference does it make that she was his GF? You don't win two state-wide elections in the most populous state, just by being someone's GF.

Biden has a stuttering problem, not Alzheimer's.
    https://washingtonmonthly.com/2020/0...against-biden/

Just getting into law school and graduating is a significant accomplishment, something Trump could never do.
    Please show your source where Biden was voted dumbest senator. Obama definitely didn't think so. Multiple members of Trump's cabinet called him an idiot or a moron. Even his own sister thinks he's a moron.

We don't have a strong economy. Unemployment is at 8%. This is another example of you denying facts when they're right in front of you. You certainly weren't saying we had a strong economy when unemployment was 8% during Obama's first term. Again, the economy was already doing well when Trump took office. Trump's policies made it worse, not better. As I said before, GDP growth was stronger before Trump's tax cuts, than it was after. Trump's trade wars have been a disaster for America. Manufacturing had gone into recession even before the pandemic. Farmers have lost billions.

You're making a big deal out of insignificant things. We've been talking to N Korea for years. Previous presidents didn't meet with their leaders to avoid giving them legitimacy. Trump gave Kim Jong-Un, one of the most brutal, murderous rulers in the world; legitimacy and prestige by meeting with him, and got nothing in return. Trump's policies towards Iran have been a disaster. Under Obama/Biden, we reached a deal with Iran where they destroyed thousands of nuclear centrifuges and stopped enriching uranium. Trump pulled out of the deal and Iran is enriching uranium again. From:

https://responsiblestatecraft.org/20...-nuclear-deal/

He wasn't wrong about Iran. Trump is very wrong. Now we're facing the possibility of Iran acquiring nuclear weapons.

Again, he has a stuttering problem. It's obvious to anyone, Trump has severe mental issues, but again, you refuse to see anything negative about Trump, no matter how obvious.

This is another example of you denying what's right in front of you. Every poll I've seen shows Americans overwhelmingly think Harris won, yet you think Pence destroyed her. There's no way any objective person could possibly say that. I can see someone who agrees with Pence saying he won, but there's no way you could say he destroyed her. I think the entire basis for your view is your personal dislike of Harris.

You support a man who was born into great wealth and got everything he has from his father, and you're calling Harris and Pelosi "elitist"? I think your views are based on your personal feelings about them, rather than any facts. Pelosi is one of the most effective House Speakers ever.
    Nobody ever heard of Kamala Harris before she became Willie's girlfriend. What did she accomplish as California A.G. ? Did crime go down on her watch ?
    Were fewer blacks imprisoned ? More innocent people released ? No, No and NO !

You may be right. Biden is a stutterer. Hiowever trained and experienced neurologists who have looked at film of Biden NOW and film of him just four years ago have concluded that he is in the early stages of dementia. A few years ago , it was just an occasional gaffe. Now it is a daily thing. He is clearly getting worse.
    Yes, graduating from law school ( even a mediocre one like Syracuse , ranked near the bottom of all law schools in New York then and now ) is an accomplishment. But Biden claimed that he graduated at the top of his class ; that he worked in Pa. coal mines; went to Delaware State; worked for civil rights at the Union Baptist Church when none of those things are true.

Trump arguably has psychological problems. I've posted that he does. I agree that he is a narcissist , congenitally exaggerates and sometimes tells outright falsehoods. There are no indications that he has dementia or any other serious psychiatric or neurological problem. There are plenty that Biden does beyond his stuttering. Biden's stuttering seemed to have been conquered 12 years ago when he ran for POTUS and then Veep ; when he debated Ryan 8 years ago ; when he decided not to run four years ago. It's only in the last couple of years that it has become so frequent and pronounced. Do you seriously want a redux of FDR from late '43 to his death in '45 when he gradually became a non-functional invalid ; Reagan's last year when he was clearly beginning a long decline into Alzheimer's ; Wilson's last year in office after his stroke that left him partially paralyzed and almost completely mute or even JFK with all of his serious health problems including all the drugs he was taking ?

You make a legitimate argument about Kim and North Korea. So far we have not gained anything per se. But neither has North Korea. We didn't lose anything by Trump meeting with Kim. The sanctions against North Korea are all still in place. However you are totally off base when it comes to Iran. Trump's sanctions are hurting Iran and his encouragement and support for Sunni regimes have caused them to unite against Iranian expansionism and to make peace with Israel. Obama had nothing remotely resembling those sorts of accomplishments. He was all carrot and no stick with Iran. The Iranians never stopped trying to get nuclear weapons. What did they do with the money Obama released to them ? Used it to support terrorist attacks.

I watched the debate for myself. Pence wiped the floor with her. Some polls say he won.

What has Pelosi accomplished ? How is she not an elitist with her $10,000 fridge holding $20 ice cream ? She lives in a gated and guarded enclave in San Francisco while the city itself has become a giant shithole. Literally. She goes to the beauty parlor ( when they were SUPPOSED to be closed ) and doesn't wear a mask. I wear a mask when I get my hair cut. Don't you ? Do you like her attitude that rules only apply to the "little people" like you and me but NOT to her ? Do you like how she used insider trading to accumulate a fortune before they finally changed the rules ? That is just scraping the surface of why she is an elitist. I don't like her. Or Harris. Name one thing about either that is genuine and likeable ?
    Last edited by Eric Stoner; 10-15-2020 at 10:43 AM.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks

Another essay. Never catch me doing that. I expect to get PAID to write.

Thanks

There are some people who actually find it disturbing when we see other people being harmed, even if we're not being directly harmed ourselves. Seeing more than 220,000 Americans die as a result of Trump's stupidity, incompetence, dishonesty, and negligence is very disturbing, even if you are one of those people who hasn't been directly affected by covid. Seeing children forcibly being removed from their parents by Trump's thugs is very disturbing. Seeing people being harassed by Trump supporters because of their race or ethnicity is disturbing. Trump is making an all out effort to outlaw abortion, which could directly harm members of this forum. The Trump Administration is currently in court trying to remove protections from people with pre-existing conditions, which could directly harm members of this forum.
    When Trump slapped on travel restrictions did you support them ? The Dems didn't. Name one Dem who said Fauci doesn't know what he is talking about ? AT THE TIME !
    Other countries have responded to Covid in different ways as we have discussed. Some have done better in controlling infection rates and death rates. Some have done worse. Even Cuomo has complimented Trump for getting supplies and other help to N.Y. and for his "Warp Speed " program for vaccines and for therapeutics. Name one Dem , who AT THE TIME ! , said we should be doing this or that. Not in hindsight, but at the time . We know that you think the country should completely shut down even though both hospitalization and death rates have been going down FOR MONTHS .

As for immigration , name one word from you or any Dem when the same thing was happening to illegal ( Ooops ! I mean undocumented ) immigrant children under Obama.

It is Antifa and BLM that have been harassing people , rioting and destroying property. Not too many Trump supporters have been doing those things. And how is Trump responsible anyway when he has repeatedly condemned violence and racism ?

As for abortion , we are unlikely to see any serious change. Even if Roe v. Wade is reversed the issue would go back to the states. Where it belongs. Some like Cali and N.Y. will have liberal any abortion at any time for any reason policies. Others will be more restrictive.

All 100 Senators support protections for pre-existing conditions. So does Trump.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

God/dess
    Thanks

You're being very dishonest. Byrd left the KKK decades before he died. Which party was Strom Thurmond a member of? Please stop gaslighting to try to deny facts about Trump. It's obvious to any objective person that Trump is the one who's the racist. Biden never tried to delegitimize the first black president by falsely accusing him of being born in Africa. Biden doesn't regularly refer to black neighborhoods as "crime-infested ghettos". Biden doesn't demonize Hispanic immigrants on a regular basis. Biden doesn't want to stop all immigration from Black and Hispanic countries because he thinks they're "shitholes". Biden doesn't use racial slurs such as "kung flu" in order to incite hate towards Asian-Americans.

God/dess
    Thanks

When Trump slapped on travel restrictions did you support them ? The Dems didn't. Name one Dem who said Fauci doesn't know what he is talking about ?
    The Democrats weren't opposed to travel restrictions, and they accomplished nothing anyway. Anyone who wanted to travel to the US from China, could travel to Europe and enter the US from there. That's how the virus got to NY. Fauci does know what he's talking about, a lot better than you do.

Other countries have responded to Covid in different ways as we have discussed. Some have done better in controlling infection rates and death rates. Some have done worse.
    Our death rate is in the top ten of all countries.

Even Cuomo has complimented Trump for getting supplies and other help to N.Y. and for his "Warp Speed " program for vaccines and for therapeutics. Name one Dem , who AT THE TIME ! , said we should be doing this or that. Not in hindsight, but at the time . We know that you think the country should completely shut down even though both hospitalization and death rates have been going down FOR MONTHS .
    Senator Chris Murphy on Feb. 25:
    https://twitter.com/chrismurphyct/st...12117190987776
    The Trump Administration’s failure to take Cornavirus seriously is so frightening. It will cost lives.
    In mid-March, 6 Bay area cities shut down.

I'm not calling for a complete shutdown.

As for immigration , name one word from you or any Dem when the same thing was happening to illegal ( Ooops ! I mean undocumented ) immigrant children under Obama.
    It wasn't. Obama's policy was to try to keep families together, and only separate them when there was no other option. Trump had a policy to forcibly remove children from all people illegally entering across the southern border, or seeking asylum.

It is Antifa and BLM that have been harassing people , rioting and destroying property. Not too many Trump supporters have been doing those things. And how is Trump responsible anyway when he has repeatedly condemned violence and racism ?
    No they're not. There's no evidence that the people rioting are associated with BLM, and according to the FBI, there's no evidence antifa is even involved with the protests.

Trump entire presidency revolves around racism. When a small number of migrants was attempting to travel to the US, Trump went on regular rants about them "invading" our country. The man who murdered Jewish worshipers in Pittsburgh said he did it because Jews were helping these people invade our country. The Walmart shooter was a Trump supporter. So was a man who murdered multiple people in a mosque in Quebec. Why do you continue to deny what's right in front of you?

Thanks

You're being very dishonest. Byrd left the KKK decades before he died. Which party was Strom Thurmond a member of? Please stop gaslighting to try to deny facts about Trump. It's obvious to any objective person that Trump is the one who's the racist. Biden never tried to delegitimize the first black president by falsely accusing him of being born in Africa. Biden doesn't regularly refer to black neighborhoods as "crime-infested ghettos". Biden doesn't demonize Hispanic immigrants on a regular basis. Biden doesn't want to stop all immigration from Black and Hispanic countries because he thinks they're "shitholes". Biden doesn't use racial slurs such as "kung flu" in order to incite hate towards Asian-Americans.
    Thurmond was a Democrat for much of his career. He became a Republican later on.

Black people who KNOW Trump , who have met and spoken to him ALL say he is NOT a racist. So does Ice Cube who is working with Trump to improve Black lives via the CWBA or Platinum Plan. Many black neighborhoods ARE crime infested. You know who says so ? The RESIDENTS of those neighborhoods ! Many are in Democrat controlled cities in Dem controlled states and have been repped for decades by Dems and things never get better. What an amazing coincidence. Name one, just one black ghetto that has turned around under Dem leadership. In NYC there are a few but they turned around under Giuliani and Bloomberg and crime reduction was Step One in getting it done. Asbury Park, N.J. has had some success BUT they have a non-partisan local government = no party lines for local elections. Same for Long Branch which also turned around. In all these examples it was the PRIVATE sector plus PRIVATE home ownership and PRIVATE start-ups and small businesses that got things turned around. Show me a single Obama , or Biden, or Pelosi or Harris policy that fostered anything of the kind.

Trump has never said "Kung Flu ". He has used "China Virus" to refer to a virus that originated in China . Should he call it the Warsaw Flu ? The Aussie Bug ?

Venezuela and Cubs are certainly shitholes. Some of us oppose policies that increase the risk that the U.S. will decline in similar ways and measures.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks

Black people who KNOW Trump , who have met and spoken to him ALL say he is NOT a racist.
    Yeah, because he calms it down to get votes!

God/dess
    Thanks

Thurmond was a Democrat for much of his career. He became a Republican later on.
    No he wasn't. He joined the GOP in 1964.

Black people who KNOW Trump , who have met and spoken to him ALL say he is NOT a racist. So does Ice Cube who is working with Trump to improve Black lives via the CWBA or Platinum Plan. Many black neighborhoods ARE crime infested. You know who says so ? The RESIDENTS of those neighborhoods ! Many are in Democrat controlled cities in Dem controlled states and have been repped for decades by Dems and things never get better. What an amazing coincidence. Name one, just one black ghetto that has turned around under Dem leadership. In NYC there are a few but they turned around under Giuliani and Bloomberg and crime reduction was Step One in getting it done. Asbury Park, N.J. has had some success BUT they have a non-partisan local government = no party lines for local elections. Same for Long Branch which also turned around. In all these examples it was the PRIVATE sector plus PRIVATE home ownership and PRIVATE start-ups and small businesses that got things turned around. Show me a single Obama , or Biden, or Pelosi or Harris policy that fostered anything of the kind.
    Just because Trump may be respectful to a few black celebrities doesn't mean he's not a racist. Most black people do not live in "crime-infested ghettos".

Democratic policies, such as 40 hr. work week, collective bargaining rights, minimum wage, social security, Medicare, Medicaid, and ACA have helped lift millions of Americans of all races out of poverty.

Trump has never said "Kung Flu ". He has used "China Virus" to refer to a virus that originated in China . Should he call it the Warsaw Flu ? The Aussie Bug ?
    Yes he did.

Venezuela and Cubs are certainly shitholes. Some of us oppose policies that increase the risk that the U.S. will decline in similar ways and measures.
    People have been making bigoted arguments like that against immigration for centuries, and yet our country has only become stronger and more prosperous as millions of immigrants have come here.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

No he wasn't. He joined the GOP in 1964.

Just because Trump may be respectful to a few black celebrities doesn't mean he's not a racist. Most black people do not live in "crime-infested ghettos".

Democratic policies, such as 40 hr. work week, collective bargaining rights, minimum wage, social security, Medicare, Medicaid, and ACA have helped lift millions of Americans of all races out of poverty.

Yes he did.

People have been making bigoted arguments like that against immigration for centuries, and yet our country has only become stronger and more prosperous as millions of immigrants have come here.
    Sigh. Thurmond was a Democrat and Dixiecrat. He was the Democrat Governor of South Carolina in the 40's and 50's. He ran against Truman in 1948 ! He croaked years before Trump ever thought about running.

What EVIDENCE do you have of Trump's racism ? His policies certainly benefitted a LOT of Black Americans. Name one black person who knows Trump who says he is a racist ?

It was the /Republicans who got the /Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act and Fair Housing Act passed. All were opposed by Southern racist Democrats.
    Republican tax policy promoted economic growth that benefitted all Americans . Under Trump black unemployment and black youth unemployment sunk to record lows. Recent reverses are entirely the result of Covid related shut-downs concentrated in Dem controlled states. Sadly, the casualties include many black owned small businesses.

Trump opposes illegal immigration. So do I. Why do you support it ? Trump wants to keep out criminals and unescorted children. So do I . Why do you want them to be admitted ?

Social Security , Medicaid and Medicare are all going broke. Recent excessive increases in the minimum wage have increased unemployment in some areas. Moderate increases have had little to no effect. Most of this country's workers are non-union. Except for the public sector. It is why many public sector workers get paid more than their private sector counterparts and why so many states and cities are going broke. Even without Covid many states and cities were in major trouble well before Covid ever appeared.

OK. He said "Kung Flu". So what ? He's talking about a virus and where it originated. He is not blaming the Chinese people. Just their government. Do you think China's response was proper ? Do you like the way they sat on crucial info until it was too late ? That is Trump's fault , how ?
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks
    Thanked 1,093 Times in 384 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

I really think trump is pretty jealous that hunter isn’t his kid. This obsession to the point of endorsing actual hacking is really weird when you consider his kids. jr has been making tons of official promo and speeches while being zooted out of his mind. Source: me I used to party, and then when I quit doing that myself I still hung out with dudes like him. It is very apparent.

Hunter is a scumbag or at least a scumbag while using. I pretty much exclusively dated guys similar to hunter till my mid 20s. Looks/personality/upbringing/habits all of it. They are common in certain circles. Yet they remain cool, intelligent and successful even during crack addiction.

I think we all should care about nepotism, but how is this an election issue? Both sides suffer from it. Just like both sides of the aisle are impacted by drug addiction. I don’t care about the candidates kids! We are not electing a royal family, they are civilians.

And Eric, you know there was a shift in the parties, the platforms changed so these semantics is just a dead argument. There was a different classification for a lot of things in the 1950’s
    Last edited by kamiliam; 10-15-2020 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Added a separate point to not double post

God/dess
    Thanks

What EVIDENCE do you have of Trump's racism ? His policies certainly benefitted a LOT of Black Americans. Name one black person who knows Trump who says he is a racist ?
    You don't understand. Just because Trump is respectful to a few prominent black people he knows, doesn't mean he's not a racist, and I haven't asked every black person who knows Trump. Omarosa says he is. Michael Cohen and Mary Trump, who aren't black, but know Trump better than practically anyone else, both say he's a racist. Black people overwhelmingly agree he is.

It was the /Republicans who got the /Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act and Fair Housing Act passed. All were opposed by Southern racist Democrats.
    No it wasn't. How can you possibly say that when Democrats controlled Congress? The majority of Democrats voted to pass civil rights legislation. The 1964 Republican nominee opposed the CRA. Southern Democrats like Strom Thurmond left the Democratic Party and joined the GOP.

Republican tax policy promoted economic growth that benefitted all Americans . Under Trump black unemployment and black youth unemployment sunk to record lows. Recent reverses are entirely the result of Covid related shut-downs concentrated in Dem controlled states. Sadly, the casualties include many black owned small businesses.
    Republican tax policy does nothing but make the wealthiest Americans wealthier and increase our deficits and debt. We had much stronger economic growth under Clinton and LBJ than we did under Republican presidents. Trump had nothing to do with declining black unemployment. Black unemployment had been falling every year since 2011.

Trump opposes illegal immigration. So do I. Why do you support it ? Trump wants to keep out criminals and unescorted children. So do I . Why do you want them to be admitted ?
    Please stop being dishonest. I never said we should admit criminals or unescorted children. Trump opposes both legal and illegal immigration of people from black and Hispanic countries.

OK. He said "Kung Flu". So what ? He's talking about a virus and where it originated. He is not blaming the Chinese people. Just their government. Do you think China's response was proper ? Do you like the way they sat on crucial info until it was too late ? That is Trump's fault , how ?
    If you were an Asian-American, you would think differently. As long as others are being targeted by Trump, and not you, you don't care what he does.

I don't think China's response was proper. I don't think Trump's response was proper either. Maybe we should call it 'the Trump virus' instead. Especially after his superspreader event at the White House.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You don't understand. Just because Trump is respectful to a few prominent black people he knows, doesn't mean he's not a racist, and I haven't asked every black person who knows Trump. Omarosa says he is. Michael Cohen and Mary Trump, who aren't black, but know Trump better than practically anyone else, both say he's a racist. Black people overwhelmingly agree he is.

No it wasn't. How can you possibly say that when Democrats controlled Congress? The majority of Democrats voted to pass civil rights legislation. The 1964 Republican nominee opposed the CRA. Southern Democrats like Strom Thurmond left the Democratic Party and joined the GOP.

Republican tax policy does nothing but make the wealthiest Americans wealthier and increase our deficits and debt. We had much stronger economic growth under Clinton and LBJ than we did under Republican presidents. Trump had nothing to do with declining black unemployment. Black unemployment had been falling every year since 2011.

Please stop being dishonest. I never said we should admit criminals or unescorted children. Trump opposes both legal and illegal immigration of people from black and Hispanic countries.

If you were an Asian-American, you would think differently. As long as others are being targeted by Trump, and not you, you don't care what he does.

I don't think China's response was proper. I don't think Trump's response was proper either. Maybe we should call it 'the Trump virus' instead. Especially after his superspreader event at the White House.
    Omarosa, Cohen and Mary Trump all have axes to grind and books to sell.

I have repeatedly asked you for examples of Trump's racism. Still waiting. Maybe it would help if you defined what YOU mean by racist and racism. Perhaps by your definition he is. A racist to me means someone who thinks that their race is superior and other races are inferior. By that standard I do not see or racist actions or words from Trump. Does he uphold classical Western values ? Yes, but so what ? Compared to Chinese Communists , or Iranians or Ms. Omar I think those values that emphasize freedom , liberty and tolerance are superior. Does that make me a racist ? I support law and order and oppose anarchy ? Is that racist ?

If you LOOK at the vote totals for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965 those bills would never have passed without the near unanimous support of the Republicans in Congress. There were a few isolated exceptions like Barry Goldwater who opposed them based on his belief that they were excessive assertions of Federal power in state affairs. He was wrong and later admitted it.

We KNOW that you hate tax cuts and refuse to admit that they ever work. You also don't like rich people and apparently think that fairness requires that everyone be poor. Except for a few elitists that you like e.g. Pelosi , Harris, Biden and maybe Bill Gates. Don't know. Not sure.

Please stop accusing me of being dishonest, or ignorant or any of your other favorite bon mots. I've lost count of how many times I have pointed to FACTS contained in YOUR posts and links that you insist on forgetting or ignoring. We look at things differently. We have differing opinions. I think I value liberty and freedom more than you do. I certainly like and appreciate free market capitalism more than you apparently do. You like government. The more the better . I prefer limited government. More to the point you like to point to rich folks retaining more of the money THEY EARNED as an argument against tax cuts. I respond that A. It's their money ; not yours ; not the government's and B. that everyone's income went up and under Trump we have finally seen
    real wage increases across the board , in all income groups.

We have both posted the facts and figures on tax cuts, Federal spending , income growth , wage growth , economic growth , employment and labor participation. The numbers are what they are. The economic growth we saw under Johnson were thanks to JFK's proposed tax cuts that Johnson got passed. Larry Kudlow co-wrote an excellent book about JFK's tax cuts; their history ; their success and who opposed them. Their primary opponents were Southern racist Democrats who saw them as a way up and out for Southern blacks.

I am glad we can agree not to admit criminals or unescorted children - Alert The Media ! lol.

So far, nobody has died or even gotten seriously ill from Trump's event . However, I agree that they all should have worn masks.

Were I Asian American or Black or Latino , I would LISTEN for myself to what Trump says and what he does and form my own opinions. I am sure that I would dislike him on a number of levels ; wish he displayed more sensitivity and class yet appreciate most of the results of his actual policies.
    Last edited by Eric Stoner; 10-16-2020 at 10:00 AM.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

God/dess
    Thanks

Omarosa, Cohen and Mary Trump all have axes to grind and books to sell.

I have repeatedly asked you for examples of Trump's racism. Still waiting. Maybe it would help if you defined what YOU mean by racist and racism. Perhaps by your definition he is. A racist to me means someone who thinks that their race is superior and other races are inferior. By that standard I do not see or racist actions or words from Trump. Does he uphold classical Western values ? Yes, but so what ? Compared to Chinese Communists , or Iranians or Ms. Omar I think those values that emphasize freedom , liberty and tolerance are superior. Does that make me a racist ? I support law and order and oppose anarchy ? Is that racist ?
    There have been many mentioned throughout this discussion. Shithole countries, referring to black neighborhoods as "crime-infested ghettos", kung flu, forcibly removing Hispanic children from their parents. I'm sure you're going to deny all of this is racist, just like you deny anything else he does is wrong.

Trump does not hold western values. He's intent on becoming a fascist dictator. He has complete disregard for the law and all political norms.

If you LOOK at the vote totals for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965 those bills would never have passed without the near unanimous support of the Republicans in Congress. There were a few isolated exceptions like Barry Goldwater who opposed them based on his belief that they were excessive assertions of Federal power in state affairs. He was wrong and later admitted it.
    It wouldn't have passed without a large number of Democratic votes either. What difference does it make anyway, what a party's position was 50 years ago? What matters are their positions today.

We KNOW that you hate tax cuts and refuse to admit that they ever work. You also don't like rich people and apparently think that fairness requires that everyone be poor. Except for a few elitists that you like e.g. Pelosi , Harris, Biden and maybe Bill Gates. Don't know. Not sure.
    Please stop misrepresenting my views or telling me what they are. I don't hate tax cuts. I only hate irresponsible tax cuts that result in massive increases in deficits and debt. I have nothing against rich people who became rich honestly and ethically. The only rich people I have problems with are the ones who've become rich dishonestly and/or are greedy, selfish, and thoughtless.

Please stop accusing me of being dishonest, or ignorant or any of your other favorite bon mots. I've lost count of how many times I have pointed to FACTS contained in YOUR posts and links that you insist on forgetting or ignoring. We look at things differently. We have differing opinions. I think I value liberty and freedom more than you do. I certainly like and appreciate free market capitalism more than you apparently do. You like government. The more the better . I prefer limited government. More to the point you like to point to rich folks retaining more of the money THEY EARNED as an argument against tax cuts. I respond that A. It's their money ; not yours ; not the government's and B. that everyone's income went up and under Trump we have finally seen
    real wage increases across the board , in all income groups.
    Then please stop misrepresenting my views. Not once have I stated or implied we should be allowing criminals to immigrate to our country. Why would you make such a statement?

We have both posted the facts and figures on tax cuts, Federal spending , income growth , wage growth , economic growth , employment and labor participation. The numbers are what they are. The economic growth we saw under Johnson were thanks to JFK's proposed tax cuts that Johnson got passed. Larry Kudlow co-wrote an excellent book about JFK's tax cuts; their history ; their success and who opposed them. Their primary opponents were Southern racist Democrats who saw them as a way up and out for Southern blacks.
    You keep trying to give Trump credit for things he had nothing to do with. Again, the economy was already doing well when he took office.

So far, nobody has died or even gotten seriously ill from Trump's event . However, I agree that they all should have worn masks.
    Herman Cain died. Trump got seriously ill from one of his events. So did Chris Christie.

Were I Asian American or Black or Latino , I would LISTEN for myself to what Trump says and what he does and form my own opinions. I am sure that I would dislike him on a number of levels ; wish he displayed more sensitivity and class yet appreciate most of the results of his actual policies.
    Trump's words and actions have caused harm for many people of color. If you were one of the people being targeted by him, I'm sure you'd feel differently.

Thanks

There have been many mentioned throughout this discussion. Shithole countries, referring to black neighborhoods as "crime-infested ghettos", kung flu, forcibly removing Hispanic children from their parents. I'm sure you're going to deny all of this is racist, just like you deny anything else he does is wrong.

Trump does not hold western values. He's intent on becoming a fascist dictator. He has complete disregard for the law and all political norms.

It wouldn't have passed without a large number of Democratic votes either. What difference does it make anyway, what a party's position was 50 years ago? What matters are their positions today.

Please stop misrepresenting my views or telling me what they are. I don't hate tax cuts. I only hate irresponsible tax cuts that result in massive increases in deficits and debt. I have nothing against rich people who became rich honestly and ethically. The only rich people I have problems with are the ones who've become rich dishonestly and/or are greedy, selfish, and thoughtless.

Then please stop misrepresenting my views. Not once have I stated or implied we should be allowing criminals to immigrate to our country. Why would you make such a statement?

You keep trying to give Trump credit for things he had nothing to do with. Again, the economy was already doing well when he took office.

Herman Cain died. Trump got seriously ill from one of his events. So did Chris Christie.

Trump's words and actions have caused harm for many people of color. If you were one of the people being targeted by him, I'm sure you'd feel differently.
    I don't see making accurate observations as being racist. Would you like to live in Haiti ? Zimbabwe ? A favela in Brazil ? Why not ? Whether you like it or not there are plenty of crime infested places in this country. Been to Baltimore lately ? Maxine Waters' district ? The South Side of Chicago ? East St. Louis ?
    How is it racist to point to the high crime rate ? You know who refers to these places as "shitholes " ? The people that live in or near them. Are they racists too ?

As far as separating children from their parents, was it racist when Obama started the policy ? Or it only became racist when Trump continued it ? These are historical FACTS uncomfortable though you may be about them.

When you find a photo of Trump strutting around in his Nazi suit please post it. We'd all love to see it. You have your opinion. I have mine. I don't see him as a fascist although he obviously gets frustrated with how things work in the swamp of Washington.

You brought up Strom Thurmond and other Dixiecrats.

When tax rates are cut and Federal revenue goes up as it did after JFK-Johnson's , Reagan's , Clinton's , Bush's and Trump's tax cuts then how do you blame the deficit on tax rate reduction instead of the irresponsible spending ?

How do you feel about how the Bidens enriched themselves by selling access through Hunter ? Just curious.

I thought we AGREED that admitting criminals was bad, very bad. I even put out a press release lol.

We have both posted facts and figures on the economy under Obama and under Trump. We will have to agree to disagree.

They were all adults and chose not to wear masks or socially distance. Christie has admitted he was careless. Nobody knows how Cain got sick and he had a lot of co-morbidities.

You hate Trump. We get it. I think it even clouds your judgement but be that as it may. It certainly has caused you to lose some of your sense of humor imo. You used to be much more fun. You could handle a little joshing, a little sarcasm and good natured banter. Now you seem to take everything personally and launch personal attacks when none are necessary. That's the problem with most liberal politicians. No sense of humor. Same for Trump btw. He doesn't have much of one either. Can't tell a joke to save his life.

Lastly, who are these people of color that have suffered so much under Trump's oppressive regime ? Police victims ? Every one of fairly recent vintage lived in a Dem controlled city in a Dem controlled state. More blacks were working under Trump than under Obama. More were off food stamps and other relief under Trump.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

God/dess
    Thanks

I don't see making accurate observations as being racist. Would you like to live in Haiti ? Zimbabwe ? A favela in Brazil ? Why not ? Whether you like it or not there are plenty of crime infested places in this country. Been to Baltimore lately ? Maxine Waters' district ? The South Side of Chicago ? East St. Louis ?
    How is it racist to point to the high crime rate ? You know who refers to these places as "shitholes " ? The people that live in or near them. Are they racists too ?
    Trump's basic argument was that we shouldn't be taking in immigrants from countries that are primarily populated by black and Hispanic people, only from countries primarily populated by white people, like Norway. Not all countries in Africa and Latin America are "shitholes". Costa Rica is a peaceful, stable country. Ethiopia has the fastest growing economy in the world, and the Ivory Coast is third.

Most black people do not live in crime-infested ghettos.

As far as separating children from their parents, was it racist when Obama started the policy ? Or it only became racist when Trump continued it ? These are historical FACTS uncomfortable though you may be about them.
    Again, Obama never had this policy. It started under Trump.

When you find a photo of Trump strutting around in his Nazi suit please post it. We'd all love to see it. You have your opinion. I have mine. I don't see him as a fascist although he obviously gets frustrated with how things work in the swamp of Washington.
    Here are the 14 characteristics of Fascism:
    https://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/fasci14chars.html

All of them fit Trump.

I don't know what Trump's views on hitler actually are, but his first wife said he kept a book of hitler's speeches by his bedside.

https://www.thequint.com/news/world/...hes-by-bedside

You brought up Strom Thurmond and other Dixiecrats.
    No, you did.
    https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sh...=1#post3191160

When tax rates are cut and Federal revenue goes up as it did after JFK-Johnson's , Reagan's , Clinton's , Bush's and Trump's tax cuts then how do you blame the deficit on tax rate reduction instead of the irresponsible spending ?
    Adjusted for inflation, govt revenue didn't increase, or didn't increase as much as projected after Reagan's, Bush's, and Trump's tax cuts. There were massive increases in deficits and debt after Reagan's , Clinton's , Bush's and Trump's tax cuts.

How do you feel about how the Bidens enriched themselves by selling access through Hunter ? Just curious.
    Joe Biden didn't.

I thought we AGREED that admitting criminals was bad, very bad. I even put out a press release lol.
    We do, but you said I didn't, until I corrected you.

We have both posted facts and figures on the economy under Obama and under Trump. We will have to agree to disagree.
    I don't disagree that the economy did well during Trump's first 2 or 3 years. I just don't attribute it to him.

They were all adults and chose not to wear masks or socially distance. Christie has admitted he was careless. Nobody knows how Cain got sick and he had a lot of co-morbidities.
    Trump has been actively discouraging people from wearing masks, and mocking people who do. Cain went to a Trump rally in a crowded indoor arena, where people weren't wearing masks

You hate Trump. We get it. I think it even clouds your judgement but be that as it may. It certainly has caused you to lose some of your sense of humor imo. You used to be much more fun. You could handle a little joshing, a little sarcasm and good natured banter. Now you seem to take everything personally and launch personal attacks when none are necessary. That's the problem with most liberal politicians. No sense of humor. Same for Trump btw. He doesn't have much of one either. Can't tell a joke to save his life.
    I still do, but I don't see much humor in much of what Trump is doing. I still like you as a person and like having discussions with you, but you seem to have this blind spot with Trump, where you refuse to acknowledge he ever does anything wrong. It's not just you, but 30 - 40 percent of Americans, including a few in my family, that seem to be that way.

Lastly, who are these people of color that have suffered so much under Trump's oppressive regime ? Police victims ? Every one of fairly recent vintage lived in a Dem controlled city in a Dem controlled state. More blacks were working under Trump than under Obama. More were off food stamps and other relief under Trump.
    People who are being harassed because of their race or ethnicity. There's been a major increase in hate crimes since Trump took office. The twenty or thirty million Americans who stand to lose access to healthcare, should Trump prevail in repealing the ACA, many of whom are people of color. The more than 200,000 Americans who died from covid as a result of Trump's stupidity, incompetence, dishonesty, and negligence in responding to it, of which a disproportionate amount are people of color. The families forcibly separated by Trump.

Again, I don't see Trump as being responsible for any of the economic gains made under his administration. The economy was already doing well. There's no reason to believe it wouldn't have continued to do so, regardless of who was president.

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,372 Times in 458 Posts

Something I’ve been thinking about lately is that even if Trump were to get re-elected, I don’t think he would live through another term due to health complications from a serious case of Covid. Ironic because his campaign has been portraying Biden as the weaker candidate and that may have been arguable until he caught covid.

Also I believe he has Parkinson disease. I saw someone talking shit about that on fb and brushed it off as just more toxic election season BS. But then I got curious and watched a couple videos of his gait. Now I totally agree.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lurkingtitties For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

Eric,

If Trump isn't a racist, and if Trump's policies have been so great for people of color, why is Trump trailing Biden, 90% - 5% with black voters?

https://news.gallup.com/opinion/poll...-election.aspx

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast