Thread: Stay or Quit This Vanilla Job? Help! :(

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 748 Posts
    My Mood
    Innocent

Default Stay or Quit This Vanilla Job? Help! :(

Hey ladies, I have a question and this time it is not about my marriage lol..

I started a vanilla job that has been oh my fucking god...overwhelming!! Everything crashes, has errors, they push so much training/work modules and other stuff into less than a week, the time leaves little to nothing after work, can't even get things done, laptop for work doesn't connect to internet, piling on more and more stuff to the point where it is insane and questions if making $12.50 an hour is worth it. (I have to complete 6 more hours of training to get $13 an hour) There has been questionable things such as lies that have been told, lies about my schedule, lies about the job description, lies about training times, expecting us to take real calls when we don't have the proper training and was promised two weeks of that training and a week of training practice calls.

I am pulling my hair out frustrated, feeling hot from stress, just absolutely insane. Should I keep this job or ditch it? I don't want to be without work, but this is getting to be so stressful and unreasonable.
    To top this my account to perform training has been compromised and someone from a different State changed my password, which now I have to contact someone to unlock.. Any advice? They swear I will have training, be assigned someone, that it is normal to be overwhelmed, but I also question if there is truth to this, because of the lies that have been told previously. They pretty much pulled the rug out from under us and didn't even know we don't have the equipment to take real calls yet, because they didn't send them out.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BambiCutie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,605 Times in 570 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Inspired

Default Re: Stay or Quit This Vanilla Job? Help! :(

What is the company? You don't need to tell me, but maybe Google it and see if others have similar complaints? That sounds scary about someone else changing your password! Was it someone from the company or no??What if they could access your personal info or something?

I personally would quit. I am not sure if this is WAH or outside the home, but either way, it sounds bad. My hubby has worked WAH call center jobs that sure, they sucked, but there was somewhat of a balance. Maybe try Teletech or another company if you need to get hired ASAP?
    Best Threads on SW! Curvy Winona's Camming Bookmarks!

Just waiting to feel your kiss, rubbing my lips, your energy is turning me on...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JenniferNorth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 514 Posts
    My Mood
    Devilish

Maybe you can start searching for another job while you work there and then leave this job when you find the right position for you? It's always good to have a set plan .

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent

Yeah that is good advice, I will be trying to find another job to replace this one for sure and will try Teletech, because this job is outright insane. Thanks for the advice!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BambiCutie For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,920 Times in 673 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by indiegirl View Post
    Maybe you can start searching for another job while you work there and then leave this job when you find the right position for you? It's always good to have a set plan .
    I second this. Typically these things get worse not better.

Try to be grateful for a job will help you until you find something better
    Focus more on what you want than on what you don’t want

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,919 Times in 1,626 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

Not really giving us a lot go off of here. I get it's a stressful job, they don't operate very efficiently, and you'll get bumped from $13.50/hr to $14 after six hours more of training. I really just have questions after reading it.

Did you go into that job with a long-term goal? If so, what is it? Will you be able to reach it where you're at? Is this a job, or is this a career?

If it's just a job and you're going to wear yourself down to nothing just to find yourself in a similar spot a year from now, then I'm sure you can do better for yourself. If it's something that's going to propel you to a point in the not-to-distant future where you're bringing in 25, 30, whatever, per hour, then it's a question of whether or not the end will be worth the means. Maybe also ask if you have talents and abilities you're wasting there which might serve you better elsewhere. What I do for a living isn't glamorous, but, lo and behold, it turned out that I'm good at it, and it pays. A lot of people - especially women - aren't willing to do the job that I do.
    Life asked Death, “Death, why do people love me but hate you?”

Death responded, “Because you are a beautiful lie… and I am a painful truth”

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AChildOfBoredom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,186 Times in 10,430 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Crossfingers Re: Stay or Quit This Vanilla Job? Help! :(

Quote Originally Posted by BambiCutie View Post
    Hey ladies, I have a question and this time it is not about my marriage lol..

I started a vanilla job that has been oh my fucking god...overwhelming!! Everything crashes, has errors, they push so much training/work modules and other stuff into less than a week, the time leaves little to nothing after work, can't even get things done, laptop for work doesn't connect to internet, piling on more and more stuff to the point where it is insane and questions if making $12.50 an hour is worth it. (I have to complete 6 more hours of training to get $13 an hour) There has been questionable things such as lies that have been told, lies about my schedule, lies about the job description, lies about training times, expecting us to take real calls when we don't have the proper training and was promised two weeks of that training and a week of training practice calls.

I am pulling my hair out frustrated, feeling hot from stress, just absolutely insane. Should I keep this job or ditch it? I don't want to be without work, but this is getting to be so stressful and unreasonable.
    To top this my account to perform training has been compromised and someone from a different State changed my password, which now I have to contact someone to unlock.. Any advice? They swear I will have training, be assigned someone, that it is normal to be overwhelmed, but I also question if there is truth to this, because of the lies that have been told previously. They pretty much pulled the rug out from under us and didn't even know we don't have the equipment to take real calls yet, because they didn't send them out.
    Ha!
    This's pretty typical of most jobs. Check out glassdoor.com
    Characterize people by their actions, & you'll never be fooled by their words.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Just reading that is making me anxious! I think you should never stay where you are so stressed if there is no opportunity for advancement or you are not making a really decent income. I don't think anybody should be stressing about $12 an hour, no matter what your cost of living is.
    Is there a way you can sort of skate by and continue to collect a paycheck until you find something else?

Thanks
    Thanked 20,186 Times in 10,430 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

It's ez to say that, but when you get behind, it get harder & harder to catch up.
    So, between a rock & a hard place, you need $, the job is tearing you up.
    Then there's the virus risk to contend with
    I say many/most jobs have brutal, pressure filled environments that take a toll physically & mentally.

I just read:
    https://www.eatthis.com/places-coronavirus-risk/
    & am kinda scared now, what the risk is of corona (6, moderately high) for working in an office
    Characterize people by their actions, & you'll never be fooled by their words.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,667 Times in 3,452 Posts

It sounds like a lot of the stress is coming from the training, and having to learn a lot in a short time. Do you think that after you have completed your training and have become comfortable with your tasks and responsibilities, you'll still feel stressed with what you're doing and will be unhappy, or do you think you'll be able to eventually settle into it? If you think that even if you were to go through all of the training and spend a few months getting acclimated to your job, you'll still feel stressed and miserable, then I would suggest you start to look for a new job right away. If you think there's a chance that after completing training and becoming comfortable with what you're doing, after a few months you'll be content with your job, then give it more time. If you're considering quitting before finding another job, then you'll need to take the time to figure out how you're going to be able to meet your expenses without that income.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,255 Times in 759 Posts

Hey Eagle, I like you and all. But she did say "Hey Ladies." That's why I've been staying out of this thread. It's Women she wants to talk to. Not Men. Respectfully, I think you should leave her to them, that's who she asked for. Again, respectfully. She didn't say "Hey dudes," She said Ladies. I don't want you to get all pissed at me, I like you.

BambiCutie is a friend of mine, only reason I'm stepping in, here. That and to save you from being CREAMED by these Girls.

no offense, Bro. I promise you that. I just don't think this one's for us.
    Last edited by Raziel; 11-16-2020 at 05:34 AM.
    Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it

Thanks

I wouldn't quit but have that mind set where you just don't care if you get fired! It might relieve a lot of stress. Don't give up & still try but if you fail you fail. Who knows maybe you'll realize you made an extra couple paychecks and ended up finding another job too.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PrincessQ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent

Seriously thank you everyone for the advice and insight! After reading through this thread I decided to tough it out, with the option that if it doesn't workout then at least I would have tried before giving up. (Was very close to quiting) After being in this for an additional week I've realized it is a shit job that chooses favorites. Thankfully they have shut down the majority of their offices near here due to Covid so it is mainly work from home. I start the actual work starting tomorrow and am somewhat relieved to actually get out of training and away from the dramatic chats and hearing random kids screaming in the backgrounds. It is stressful, but going to see how far I can go. Good thing is money is starting to come through, which is helping so much with me saving for my next apartment and I am able to focus on strictly myself! Thanks again!!

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BambiCutie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BambiCutie View Post
    Seriously thank you everyone for the advice and insight! After reading through this thread I decided to tough it out, with the option that if it doesn't workout then at least I would have tried before giving up. (Was very close to quiting) After being in this for an additional week I've realized it is a shit job that chooses favorites. Thankfully they have shut down the majority of their offices near here due to Covid so it is mainly work from home. I start the actual work starting tomorrow and am somewhat relieved to actually get out of training and away from the dramatic chats and hearing random kids screaming in the backgrounds. It is stressful, but going to see how far I can go. Good thing is money is starting to come through, which is helping so much with me saving for my next apartment and I am able to focus on strictly myself! Thanks again!!
    Good luck hun!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to PrincessQ For This Useful Post: