Thread: Florida is still wide open and will likely remain that way - updated Nov 20 2020

Thanks
    Thanked 6,938 Times in 2,392 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

Default Florida is still wide open and will likely remain that way - updated Nov 20 2020

Florida remains wide open now and it is unlikely that it will be closing. The Governor issued a statement just a few days ago indicating that he had no intention of putting people out of work again for weeks.

Also, per an Executive Order issued last month, no FL municipality can require any business to remain closed due to COVID. So all strip clubs are now open and will likely remain so.

Also as part of the order, no local government can fine people for face mask compliance. This has effectively made local face mask ordinances unenforceable. So not only can you dance freely here in FL, but you can do so without being forced to cover your face.

I would ask that anyone who favors restrictions please refrain from turning this into another debate. This is simply an information update for dancers who are income deprived and looking for an alternative given the recent shutdowns in a number of states. Not everyone shares the views of lockdown proponents, especially those who must work to survive.

We are already seeing new facing in my local clubs in NE FL and I'm sure it's happening in other parts of the state as well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rickdugan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,559 Times in 544 Posts
    My Mood
    Devilish

Default Re: Florida is still wide open and will likely remain that way - updated Nov 20 2020

It seems that Los Angeles may be having a curfew from 10pm to 6am as soon as Sunday since the cases are increasing so much.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Default Re: Florida is still wide open and will likely remain that way - updated Nov 20 2020

^ Just to add, Miami has a midnight curfew that looks like it will hold up and rumor has it that Tampa is considering the same. I'm sure that Miami would do more if they thought that they could get away with it, but they probably can't. Otherwise FL is pretty wide open.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,219 Times in 10,453 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Well, where I am (IL) just went in Stage 3 Lockdown..

New facing?
    Last edited by whirlerz; 11-21-2020 at 08:56 AM.
    Characterize people by their actions, & you'll never be fooled by their words.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

I am sorry to hear it W.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,219 Times in 10,453 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Characterize people by their actions, & you'll never be fooled by their words.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

That's a one-off whirlerz. The bar could probably litigate the shutdown if it wanted since it seems to violate the Executive Order prohibiting counties and municipalities from fining for mask compliance. I haven't heard of any strip clubs being shut down by local officials for these reasons.