Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you have any regrets

Thanks
    Thanked 1,787 Times in 696 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

Default Re: Do you have any regrets

I regret not listening to my heart and intuition and going for a degree that put me in a lot of debt and in a career that ended up making me miserable. I regret not traveling the world and doing something like teaching English instead and then later pursuing my actual passions. I regret feeling like I had to have a proper vanilla career by a certain age and making fear based decisions that weren't authentic to me and not understanding that a lot of what society tells us to do is complete BS and is designed to trap you into a hole you can't crawl out of.
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetJulia View Post
    everyone I've fucked who was awful in bed should be forced to have sex with each other so they can all, collectively, figure out why I never called them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Sunset View Post
    Nothing makes me feel like less of an adult than walking into several other people's apartments and realizing we all own the exact same lamp from K-mart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam38g View Post
    The fantasy sold to women through out history that a man will come along & rescue us is a lie.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LaurenAus For This Useful Post:

Featured Member EastCoastDancer01's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,759 Times in 851 Posts

I have many regrets, but many amazing memories too, so they balance each other out. If there was any way I could erase the bad stuff, while keeping and not losing the good stuff, I totally would. My biggest regrets are getting involved with toxic people (not just men but toxic ex friends), any time I ever chased after a man, mistakes I made with my appearance when I was younger (like getting bangs lol), working at shady clubs and associating with bad people from them, and jumping/rushing into things I wasn't ready for. Being too naÔve and hopeful, not being realistic. Oh and the number 1 most important thing...NOT SAVING MONEY!!! Young girls take note; save as much money as possible!!!

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to EastCoastDancer01 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 Times in 3,625 Posts

I think mostly just that I haven't lived anywhere else. We moved 60 miles from my hometown at least (I legit feel bad for my friends that stuck around and bought homes up there). But I always kind of wanted to move around every few years & try different places.

I felt I couldn't move because my dad was in poor health literally since I was about 18/19, and I felt like I'd be abandoning my parents. Then he passed a few years ago and it became not wanting to leave my now 74 year old mom. Her family is on the east coast, she has long-time friends here and a bunch of relatives-in-law, but I'd still feel bad moving.

Also decided I wanted to go to med school, so in-state tuition for my undergrad degrees + you get a bit of advantage when applying to in-state schools since they all want doctors who will stay in the community. I would not be upset if I got in somewhere out-of-state though, that takes the burden off it being ME choosing to move...
    "People jack off with the left hand and point with the right."

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

As a dancer? I started dancing very early. Maybe blowing a lot of money away in my late-teens and early-20's. I could have more money in my savings if I was mature early.

More or less, not getting a college degree while dancing in my prime years. Like doing a semester or two a year. Also not buying a property when they were cheap.
    Last edited by 305gurl; 12-12-2020 at 06:31 PM.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 305gurl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,752 Times in 2,001 Posts
    My Mood
    Devilish

I regret so many things but everything happens for a reason in life to teach us. Not all lessons are fun nor do they feel fair lol. All we can do is move forward and learn from mistakes/choices.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,095 Times in 4,095 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

I also regret losing my sense of self throughout my 20s. I look back on the way I thought and felt about myself when I was younger and wonder what the fuck happened that I allowed toxic assholes to redefine my life for me? I know there are people who had shitty upbringings who struggle to understand self-worth and power when they're adults because they never had it, but that wasn't me. I was always shy/introverted, but also an extremely confident kid/teen in terms of knowing who the fuck I was, not feeling bad about myself, and knowing I could do anything I wanted. And then I lost that along the way.... How could I let other people do that to me? I'm trying so hard to get back there.
    Don't try to win over the haters. You are not the Jerk Whisperer.

Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aurora_Sunset For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,095 Times in 4,095 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Selina M View Post
    But I always kind of wanted to move around every few years & try different places.
    THIS. I used to have a list of places I wanted to live for a year or two before finally choosing something and settling down. Instead, I never left the state where I want to college. And I hate it here. I always stayed for money, friends, or significant other. Now, we just stay for the kids. I'm disappointed in myself for not living my nomad/explorer dreams though. I plan to rectify that when the kids are older.
    Don't try to win over the haters. You are not the Jerk Whisperer.

Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aurora_Sunset For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Now that I think of it, I, too, regret not leaving my area to work at cities that attract high number of tourists and visitors like LA, NYC, and Las Vegas. Could, should, woulda made a ton of money during the early-2010's as I call it the final years of the Golden Age of Stripping."

But unlike you, Aurora_Sunset, I didn't have a serious relationship that withheld me or children. Just that I had a steady number of good-paying regular customers that keep seeing me and plus living in the Miami area where I have everything that a big city has. I had it easy here that I didn't bother thinking of leaving.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 305gurl For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,200 Times in 749 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Sunset View Post
    THIS. I used to have a list of places I wanted to live for a year or two before finally choosing something and settling down. Instead, I never left the state where I want to college. And I hate it here. I always stayed for money, friends, or significant other. Now, we just stay for the kids. I'm disappointed in myself for not living my nomad/explorer dreams though. I plan to rectify that when the kids are older.
    Yanno...thatís kinda the phase of life Iím in right now. Relocated for grad school, had to move around for some of my clinicals, and then I relocated again for my first job out of school. It sounds glamorous and fun but thereís downsides too, like not feeling that I have roots anywhere. Or watching my friends and family feel secure in their settled lives while I canít figure out where I belong.

I do think thereís a lot of value in living far away from your hometown for at least a few years! But like everything else in life, itís not as glamorous as the Instagram influencers make it look.

Selina, Iím so curious to see where you end up getting accepted...it feels like youíve been in school forever!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to lurkingtitties For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,341 Times in 1,910 Posts
    My Mood
    Busy

Mine is minor: I had the chance to see Eddie Vedder live at a small venue in ‘14. He is my celebrity crush... couldn’t go because my BF at the time took our car for the night to hang with his friends without telling me and wouldn’t pick up his phone. I regret not calling someone else for a ride to see my grunge crush.
    Join OnlyFans here!

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself..."
    -Oscar Wilde

20. The Following User Says Thank You to caramelcraze For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,964 Times in 5,845 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by caramelcraze View Post
    Mine is minor: I had the chance to see Eddie Vedder live at a small venue in ‘14. He is my celebrity crush... couldn’t go because my BF at the time took our car for the night to hang with his friends without telling me and wouldn’t pick up his phone. I regret not calling someone else for a ride to see my grunge crush.
    Cool story.

Yeah the older I get I see that I did make a lot of good major decisions for myself in youth. I was always a very headstrong person. The adult industry really didn't change my fundamental personality. (Just sharing...)

22. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,067 Times in 650 Posts

My life has turned out fine, but, there are a few regrets. For example, I dated mostly white and Latina girls before I got married. I do not regret dating any of the girls I dated, but, I wish I had also dated black, asian and goth girls. I feel like I missed out on something wonderful.

Anyway, one way I deal with regrets is with creative writing. This gives me a creative outlet to imagine how things could have been. I post some of my stories in some amateur erotica literature sites and have gotten great reviews.
    Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood.
    - Oscar Wilde

Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 984 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jack0177057 View Post
    My life has turned out fine, but, there are a few regrets. For example, I dated mostly white and Latina girls before I got married. I do not regret dating any of the girls I dated, but, I wish I had also dated black, asian and goth girls. I feel like I missed out on something wonderful.

Anyway, one way I deal with regrets is with creative writing. This gives me a creative outlet to imagine how things could have been. I post some of my stories in some amateur erotica literature sites and have gotten great reviews.
    Bro, the problem with Goth Girls is that they want to BITE you. You're in the bedroom and you're like "WOOOOOOOOUCH." Completely comes out of the clear blue sky. You have no expectation that this girl BITES. But she's a fucking Great White Shark. So you're not just fucking her, you're fending her off!

Every Goth Girl I've ever been with BITES!
    Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it

Thanks
    Thanked 1,204 Times in 452 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

Well if you can’t date them....there are a lot of goth, black and Asian sex workers you can support
    Earn $$$ from sexting and phone calls:
    https://www.sextpanther.com/apply?id=3508

Get more fans/make $ posting pics you already have:
    https://onlyfans.com/?ref=61044060

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jasmine22 For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jasmine22 View Post
    Well if you canít date them....there are a lot of goth, black and Asian sex workers you can support
    I'm married now and my infidelity comfort level extends only as far as lap dances. I have gotten great lap dances from goth, black and Asian girls, though.
    - Oscar Wilde

28. The Following User Says Thank You to jack0177057 For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel View Post
    Bro, the problem with Goth Girls is that they want to BITE you. You're in the bedroom and you're like "WOOOOOOOOUCH." Completely comes out of the clear blue sky. You have no expectation that this girl BITES. But she's a fucking Great White Shark. So you're not just fucking her, you're fending her off!

Every Goth Girl I've ever been with BITES!
    I wouldn't have a problem with that, I can bite back.
    - Oscar Wilde

30. The Following User Says Thank You to jack0177057 For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

I dont have any regrets in my 28 Years of life !!

Thanks

I wouldn't have a problem with that, I can bite back.
    I have a fucking problem with it. I don't like getting BIT. They always wanna bite me on my nipple (And that hurts flipping BAD). No Bites, please. You can use your teeth on my neck, but don't VAMPIRE me!
    Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it

God/dess
    Thanks

I have a fucking problem with it. I don't like getting BIT. They always wanna bite me on my nipple (And that hurts flipping BAD). No Bites, please. You can use your teeth on my neck, but don't VAMPIRE me!
    Not all goth girls are into the vamp thing, some, are the witchy kind rather than vamp kind. They're into spells, magick and dark goddesses.

I think it would be really cool to have occult 'magick sex' with a morticia-like sexy-but-kinda-scary dominant goth girl, surrounded by candles within a pentagram circle in front of an altar dedicated to a dark femme-fatale goddess.

Missing out on this is one of my regrets.
    - Oscar Wilde

Thanks

What the heck is that? Sure isn't Wicca (Witchcraft). Their Goddess isn't dark at all. With all due respect, the Wiccan Goddess is a Goddess of light. I don't believe in her, but I like the faith. If there were more of them, the world would be better.

God/dess
    Thanks

What the heck is that? Sure isn't Wicca (Witchcraft). Their Goddess isn't dark at all. With all due respect, the Wiccan Goddess is a Goddess of light. I don't believe in her, but I like the faith. If there were more of them, the world would be better.
    First of all, 'dark' can mean many things and does not necessarily mean 'evil' in the Christian sense. A 'dark' goddess can be a badass warrior goddess, like the Irish war goddess, The Morrigan. The Morrigan was an Irish tribal goddess that protected the sovereignty of her people. To the enemies of her tribe, she could be terrifying. 'Dark' goddesses also tend to be very sexual. The Morrigan had quite a healthy libido and many lovers. She had sex with the god Dagda and her ejaculation created the river Samhain. I find 'dark' goddesses to be very sexy.

In the Wiccan religion, you choose your pantheon and your Lord and Lady. All Wiccans are not devotees of the same god and goddess. They do research and select the god and goddess that they feel the most affinity for. Some may have an affinity for the 'light' goddesses like Bridgit, but, some Wiccans choose 'dark' goddesses like Hecate and the Morrigan. A 'dark' god/goddess can be associated with the moon, magick, sovereignty, war, etc. If a Wiccan chooses to follow a 'dark' goddess, this does not mean that she is an evil/nefarious witch. I know Wiccans that have difficult life struggles and they need a 'dark' goddess to help them fight their personal battles or seek justice. (I'm not saying they want to hurt anyone, only that they have difficult personal challenges and need to fight hard to overcome these challenges.)

In the Judeo-Christian religion, I view Jesus Christ as a 'light' god, but, God the Father has some aspects I would consider 'dark'. He was in some ways a war god, helping his chosen people fight battles against other tribes/peoples. He brought down plagues, famine and natural disasters when necessary to carry out 'justice' (usually a bit harsh) or to avenge His chosen people. The angels, too, can become a little 'dark' when God uses them to carry out punishment or retribution. They come down battle-ready with swords and beat the shit out of the enemies of God. Jesus himself said he could call down an army of angels to annihilate the Romans, but, He did not do so, because, He had to fullfil the death and resurrection prophesy.
    Last edited by jack0177057; 12-21-2020 at 10:48 AM.
    - Oscar Wilde

Thanks

First of all, 'dark' can mean many things and does not necessarily mean 'evil' in the Christian sense. A 'dark' goddess can be a badass warrior goddess, like the Irish war goddess, The Morrigan. The Morrigan was an Irish tribal goddess that protected the sovereignty of her people. To the enemies of her tribe, she could be terrifying. 'Dark' goddesses also tend to be very sexual. The Morrigan had quite a healthy libido and many lovers. She had sex with the god Dagda and her ejaculation created the river Samhain. I find 'dark' goddesses to be very sexy.
    Sure, but they're not Wiccan.

In the Wiccan religion, you choose your pantheon and your Lord and Lady. All Wiccans are not devotees of the same god and goddess. They do research and select the god and goddess that they feel the most affinity for. Some may have an affinity for the 'light' goddesses like Bridgit, but, some Wiccans choose 'dark' goddesses like Hecate and the Morrigan. A 'dark' god/goddess can be associated with the moon, magick, sovereignty, war, etc. If a Wiccan chooses to follow a 'dark' goddess, this does not mean that she is an evil/nefarious witch. I know Wiccans that have difficult life struggles and they need a 'dark' goddess to help them fight their personal battles or seek justice. (I'm not saying they want to hurt anyone, only that they have difficult personal challenges and need to fight hard to overcome these challenges.)
    My Mother is Wiccan. She's been Wiccan for 30 years. I am VERY familiar with it. You don't choose a Pantheon, it's the Triple God (A God of Nature, Death, Time, and Fate) and the Triple Goddess (A Goddess of Light, Helping others, Birth, and Taking care of Children, as well as Heroes). That's it. With all due respect. The Wiccans you know aren't practicing the real faith.

Then there's shit like Asatru, in that you follow the Norse Gods (Lotta White Supremacists follow that, but not all, I know a couple of these folks). There's something (I forget it's name) where you follow the Celtic Gods. In Dianic Wicca you have to be a Girl (VERY femenist, men not allowed). There's also something from Italy. *Shrug* I don't know its name (Starts with an "S" though).
    Last edited by Raziel; 12-21-2020 at 04:59 PM. Reason: I had to edit this to make clear what the God And Goddess were meant to represent, sorry Snuff

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Raziel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,964 Times in 5,845 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

There's also something from Italy. *Shrug* I don't know its name (Starts with an "S" though).
    Strega is what you're thinking of......

Thanks

Yeah, that's it! For some reason I was thinking Stratego!

God/dess
    Thanks

My Mother is Wiccan. She's been Wiccan for 30 years. I am VERY familiar with it. You don't choose a Pantheon, it's the Triple God (A God of Nature, Death, Time, and Fate) and the Triple Goddess (A Goddess of Light, Helping others, Birth, and Taking care of Children, as well as Heroes). That's it. With all due respect. The Wiccans you know aren't practicing the real faith.
    This is like getting into a debate between Catholics and Protestants (and between Protestant denominations) about which one is practicing the "real faith". There are many Wiccan traditions (e.g., Gardnerian, Alexandrian, Dianic, etc.) In Gardnerian Wicca, members can trace their coven and initiatory descent all the way to Gerald Gardner in England. Some Wiccans believe this is the only 'true' Wicca. But, most Wiccans scoff at this. There are coven Wiccans and they are all committed to the patron pantheon and patron Lord and Lady of that coven. If your mother joined a coven, she must be a devotee of the patron god and goddess of that coven; she does not have a choice. However, most Wiccans are solitary Wiccans and are free to choose their pantheon and their Lord and Lady. Also, many Wiccans are 'eclectic'; they can mix and match. There are even Trinitarian (Christian) Wiccans.

'Triple Goddess' usually refers to three distinct aspects or figures united in one being: the Maiden, the Mother, and the Crone, each of which symbolizes both a separate stage in the female life cycle and a phase of the Moon, and often rules one of the realms of heavens, earth, and underworld.
    Last edited by jack0177057; 12-21-2020 at 06:57 PM.
    - Oscar Wilde

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast