Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Congressmen Helped Stop The Steal founder Ali Alexander

Thanks
    Thanked 5,537 Times in 2,064 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

Default Congressmen Helped Stop The Steal founder Ali Alexander

got help from Congressman Biggs, Brooks, and Gosar to plan the terrorist attack on the Capitol last week. Buuuut now they can't recall meeting him. Except the tweets and tape of them all together still exists! What a mess.

Two weeks before thousands of Trump rioters breached Congress, “Stop the Steal” organizer Ali Alexander said his group wasn’t violent—“yet.”

“One of our organizers in one state said, ‘We’re nice patriots, we don’t throw bricks,’” Alexander told a crowd at a Dec. 19 rally at Arizona’s state capitol. “I leaned over and I said, ‘Not yet. Not yet!’ Haven’t you read about a little tar-and-feathering? Those were second-degree burns!”

Alexander, who has described himself as one of the “official originators” of the Jan. 6 rally in Washington, went on to use “yet” as a code word for violence. Then Alexander told the Phoenix crowd about his plans for Washington.

“We’re going to convince them to not certify the vote on January 6 by marching hundreds of thousands, if not millions of patriots, to sit their butts in D.C. and close that city down, right?” Alexander said. “And if we have to explore options after that…‘yet.’ Yet!”

Alexander’s supporters cheered, yelling threats like “noose!” and “nothing’s off the table!”

Alexander led a host of activists in ratcheting up the rhetoric ahead of Congress’ certification of the electoral votes, threatening to “1776” opponents of Trump’s re-election. Now that five people, including a Capitol Police officer, are dead, however, Alexander has gone into hiding, and the website promoting his Jan. 6 rally has been wiped from the internet.

Alexander is defiant, saying he won’t “take an iota of blame that does not belong to me.”

“I didn’t incite anything,” Alexander said in a video posted Friday to Twitter. “I didn’t do anything.”
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/stop-t...blame-for-riot

Any country that has people without homes walking the streets is a third world country.
    Any country that can't keep food in every mouth is a third world country.
    Any country that let's prison sentences be earned from small unpaid debts is a third world country.
    Any country that privatizes social programs such as prisons, medical care, and insurance is a third world country.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Optimist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

Default Re: Stop The Steal founder Ali Alexander

Video posted by InfoWars in an apparent attempt to distance Jones from the riots shows Jones and Alexander on the west side of the Capitol as tear-gas canisters went off in the distance and Trump supporters mounted MAGA flags on the inauguration risers. Jones unsuccessfully tried to convince rioters to move to the east side of the Capitol and attend their rally on the other side of the building instead.

“As much as I love seeing the Trump flags flying over this, we need to not have the confrontation with the police, they’re going to make that the story,” Jones said.

But Alexander refused to disavow the riot.

“I don’t disavow this,” Alexander said in a video filmed overlooking the Capitol. “I do not denounce this. This is completely peaceful, looks like, so far.”

Now Alexander claims to be in hiding, alleging in a video posted Friday that he needs $2,000 a day to fund his security detail and other expenses and hitting his fans up for donations. In a bizarre moment in his fundraising pitch, Alexander claimed that he was being targeted by the supernatural: “Witches and wiccans are putting hexes and curses on us.”

It’s not clear how, however, if Alexander’s supporters can send him money at all. On Saturday, he posted on Parler that he had been banned from Venmo and PayPal.

.....In his Friday video, Alexander claimed that his “rally never turned violent.” But Alexander also read a quote from talk radio host Rush Limbaugh that positively compared the rioters to the heroes of the American Revolution, and said rioters who entered the Capitol should suffer light consequences, if any.

“I think people should be rowdy, I think people should be messy,” Alexander said. “I do believe that we own that U.S. Capitol. So I’m not apologizing for nothing.”

Any country that has people without homes walking the streets is a third world country.
    Any country that let's prison sentences be earned from small unpaid debts is a third world country.
    Any country that privatizes social programs such as prisons, medical care, and insurance is a third world country.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Optimist For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: Congressmen Helped Stop The Steal founder Ali Alexander

Alexander's comments echo those of Chris Cuomo and others who condoned the violence of BLM and AntiFa over the Summer. Cuomo and AOC both said that if demonstrations degenerate into riots that is merely because of the passion and righteousness of the demonstrators ; that the justice of their cause excuses the violence, looting and property damage.

Most people who attended that stupid rally did not go to the Capitol. Most people who went to the Capitol stayed outside and did not try to enter. They were the people Limbaugh defended. However his criticism of the actual rioters was rather weak.
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Stoner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stoner View Post
    Alexander's comments echo those of Chris Cuomo and others who condoned the violence of BLM and AntiFa over the Summer. Cuomo and AOC both said that if demonstrations degenerate into riots that is merely because of the passion and righteousness of the demonstrators ; that the justice of their cause excuses the violence, looting and property damage.

Most people who attended that stupid rally did not go to the Capitol. Most people who went to the Capitol stayed outside and did not try to enter. They were the people Limbaugh defended. However his criticism of the actual rioters was rather weak.
    Please share links to the statements of Cuomo and or AOC.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Optimist For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
    Please share links to the statements of Cuomo and or AOC.
    Are you serious ? OK.
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks
    Thanked 25,648 Times in 9,507 Posts

Yes! So we can fact check like you said people should do in the other thread.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
    got help from Congressman Biggs, Brooks, and Gosar to plan the terrorist attack on the Capitol last week. Buuuut now they can't recall meeting him. Except the tweets and tape of them all together still exists! What a mess.

Two weeks before thousands of Trump rioters breached Congress, “Stop the Steal” organizer Ali Alexander said his group wasn’t violent—“yet.”

“One of our organizers in one state said, ‘We’re nice patriots, we don’t throw bricks,’” Alexander told a crowd at a Dec. 19 rally at Arizona’s state capitol. “I leaned over and I said, ‘Not yet. Not yet!’ Haven’t you read about a little tar-and-feathering? Those were second-degree burns!”

Alexander, who has described himself as one of the “official originators” of the Jan. 6 rally in Washington, went on to use “yet” as a code word for violence. Then Alexander told the Phoenix crowd about his plans for Washington.

“We’re going to convince them to not certify the vote on January 6 by marching hundreds of thousands, if not millions of patriots, to sit their butts in D.C. and close that city down, right?” Alexander said. “And if we have to explore options after that…‘yet.’ Yet!”

Alexander’s supporters cheered, yelling threats like “noose!” and “nothing’s off the table!”

Alexander led a host of activists in ratcheting up the rhetoric ahead of Congress’ certification of the electoral votes, threatening to “1776” opponents of Trump’s re-election. Now that five people, including a Capitol Police officer, are dead, however, Alexander has gone into hiding, and the website promoting his Jan. 6 rally has been wiped from the internet.

Alexander is defiant, saying he won’t “take an iota of blame that does not belong to me.”

“I didn’t incite anything,” Alexander said in a video posted Friday to Twitter. “I didn’t do anything.”
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/stop-t...blame-for-riot
    Given the current state of affairs n the pure ratchetness of many of these politicians with zero morals n ethics .......

None of this is shocking to me anymore.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by miss.a.p1600 View Post
    Yes! So we can fact check like you said people should do in the other thread.

Thanks

We can start with AOC's own tweets like those of 12/2/20. Her condoning violence goes back as far as 8/1/19. See Townhall.com.

Chris Cuomo said that demonstrators had " no obligation to be polite or PEACEFUL ". Clips available on hotair.com; the politicalinsider.com (1/13/21) .

Biden and Nadler have denied AntiFa even exists or that BLM protests were violent.

I am indulging the doubters. The quotes mentioned were all widely reported and are easily available.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

Veteran Member
    Thanks

We can start with AOC's own tweets like those of 12/2/20. Her condoning violence goes back as far as 8/1/19. See Townhall.com.
    These are her tweets and replies to her own tweets from 12/2/20: https://imgur.com/a/pmG58JY

I could easily be mistaken, but I do not interpret any of these tweets as condoning violence. Nor any statements about "the passion and righteousness of the demonstrators" nor "the justice of their cause excuses the violence, looting and property damage." Did you mean a different date?

On a related note, why direct us to a secondary source when you could have just embedded the tweets to a post pretty easily instead of handwaving something like "see townhall.com for content from twitter?" You don't have to answer that, but it's starting to become apparent why you want "more content" instead of "more facts."

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dpacrkk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 Times in 579 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

I’m guessing you are latching on to the 12/2 tweet which states “The whole point of protesting is to make ppl uncomfortable.

Activists take that discomfort w/ the status quo & advocate for concrete policy changes. Popular support often starts small & grows.

To folks who complain protest demands make others uncomfortable... that’s the point.”

Protest is to enact change to change you have to be uncomfortable. Fascists and racists should be uncomfortable. As all this has shown one group seems to think not everyone affirming the status quo is violence. It’s just weird

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kamiliam For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have seen the clips of both Fredo and AOC. They are both responsible for what they said as Trump is. The clips are easily found. Do what I did. Use Google.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kamiliam View Post
    I’m guessing you are latching on to the 12/2 tweet which states “The whole point of protesting is to make ppl uncomfortable.

Activists take that discomfort w/ the status quo & advocate for concrete policy changes. Popular support often starts small & grows.

To folks who complain protest demands make others uncomfortable... that’s the point.”

Protest is to enact change to change you have to be uncomfortable. Fascists and racists should be uncomfortable. As all this has shown one group seems to think not everyone affirming the status quo is violence. It’s just weird
    I'm sorry. WHO are the fascists and racists you want to feel discomfort ? There is nothing wrong with trying to change the status quo. You do it by legislation. Peaceful protest is a legitimate tool to raise consciousness ; publicize issues and promote legislation. Violence and looting are not.

There are people on this board who if they do not exactly condone violence and property destruction have expressed willingness to tolerate some level of both so long as it is committed by the "correct " people in an "approved " cause. According to them, the collateral damage is just part of the price that has to be paid to promote certain agendas and achieve certain goals. Fine. Please tell that to the BLACK business owners who had their stores looted and burned. Explain it to the Black police officers who do not condone injustice and are trying to reform from within. Explain it to those who have tried to peacefully protest and remain non-violent when the AntiFa crowd took over and started a riot.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I have seen the clips of both Fredo and AOC. They are both responsible for what they said as Trump is. The clips are easily found. Do what I did. Use Google.
    In other words, you're full of crap.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

I'm sorry. WHO are the fascists and racists you want to feel discomfort ? There is nothing wrong with trying to change the status quo. You do it by legislation. Peaceful protest is a legitimate tool to raise consciousness ; publicize issues and promote legislation. Violence and looting are not.

There are people on this board who if they do not exactly condone violence and property destruction have expressed willingness to tolerate some level of both so long as it is committed by the "correct " people in an "approved " cause. According to them, the collateral damage is just part of the price that has to be paid to promote certain agendas and achieve certain goals. Fine. Please tell that to the BLACK business owners who had their stores looted and burned. Explain it to the Black police officers who do not condone injustice and are trying to reform from within. Explain it to those who have tried to peacefully protest and remain non-violent when the AntiFa crowd took over and started a riot.

so I really don’t know if you are intentionally being obtuse or if you do not understand the basics of revolutionary and reactionary policies. The racists and the fascists are what BLM is protesting against, it’s systematic racism/classism that causes the most damage to progress.

I barely brings up my own personal politics. But I don’t care about property damage, at least until wage theft is down and reparations are made. But I never have encouraged property damage. I have never seen that here.

Thanks

so I really don’t know if you are intentionally being obtuse or if you do not understand the basics of revolutionary and reactionary policies. The racists and the fascists are what BLM is protesting against, it’s systematic racism/classism that causes the most damage to progress.

I barely brings up my own personal politics. But I don’t care about property damage, at least until wage theft is down and reparations are made. But I never have encouraged property damage. I have never seen that here.
    A million thanks. You have just articulated (far better than I ) a VERY sick philosophy. And a very warped view of this country. It's OK. You are entitled to your opinions.

Would you please point to a single multi-racial , multi -ethnic country that is less racist than the U.S. ? One country where black folk have GREATER economic opportunity and social mobility ? A single one where they have more income and economic power ?

Are blacks comparatively less well off than whites in the U.S. ? Yes. And the two biggest factors are self created poverty ( by dropping out of high school , getting arrested , single motherhood ) and lousy schools. I have cited the Harvard and Princeton studies repeatedly. If you want a 98% chance of avoiding a life of poverty : finish high school ; stay out of jail ; don't get pregnant outside of marriage and wait to get married until you are at least 21. Regardless of your race or class , if you do those things there is a 98% chance you will not be poor.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Stoner For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dpacrkk View Post
    In other words, you're full of crap.
    I googled and easily found the clips. Why can't you ?
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks

WHO are the racists and fascists that you claim are occupying positions of power ? That promote racist policies ? Please name them.

What is wage theft ? Before Covid , wages were going up across the board. Especially among lower income people.

Reparations to whom for what ? How about from the NEA and AFT for over 60 years of lousy schools. Especially in Black neighborhoods. Just a suggestion.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I googled and easily found the clips. Why can't you ?
    If you make a claim, it is your responsibility to back it up.
    This is also ignoring the fact that your previous claim of "We can start with AOC's own tweets like those of 12/2/20" did not support your claim that "Cuomo and AOC both said that if demonstrations degenerate into riots that is merely because of the passion and righteousness of the demonstrators ; that the justice of their cause excuses the violence, looting and property damage" at all. Yet your response is a deflection to the effect of "here's some more unsubstantiated claims [waves hands]." To reiterate: "it's starting to become apparent why you want 'more content' instead of 'more facts'" and "you're full of crap."

29. The Following User Says Thank You to dpacrkk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

WHO are the racists and fascists that you claim are occupying positions of power ? That promote racist policies ? Please name them.

What is wage theft ? Before Covid , wages were going up across the board. Especially among lower income people.

Reparations to whom for what ? How about from the NEA and AFT for over 60 years of lousy schools. Especially in Black neighborhoods. Just a suggestion.
    You have proven that you have no intention of a productive debate. This strategy of bringing up random things that are detailed and nuanced issues in order to evade the larger obvious issues

but since I can’t completely help myself.
    “In 2012, there were 292,074 robberies of all kinds, including bank robberies, residential robberies, convenience store and gas station robberies, and street robberies. The total value of the property taken in those crimes was $340,850,358. By contrast, the total amount recovered for the victims of wage theft who retained private lawyers or complained to federal or state agencies was at least $933 million in 2012. This is almost three times greater than all the money stolen in robberies that year. Further, the nearly $1 billion successfully reclaimed by workers is only the tip of the wage-theft iceberg, since most victims never sue and never complain to the government.”

https://www.epi.org/publication/wage...theft-workers/

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kamiliam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Are blacks comparatively less well off than whites in the U.S. ? Yes. And the two biggest factors are self created poverty ( by dropping out of high school , getting arrested , single motherhood ) and lousy schools. I have cited the Harvard and Princeton studies repeatedly. If you want a 98% chance of avoiding a life of poverty : finish high school ; stay out of jail ; don't get pregnant outside of marriage and wait to get married until you are at least 21. Regardless of your race or class , if you do those things there is a 98% chance you will not be poor.

self created is a really interesting term. What do you mean?

because if you believe that there is something genetically about black people or any other minority that predisposes them for a more difficult position-that is racist, and completely not proven by science.

if you believe that those groups have it worse off because of education disparities(which some how you blame on teachers unions?), and I’ll add redlining, black people being denied loans, white flight from cities, the increase in jailing following the civil war, un-proportional police violence and arrest, well those are examples of systematic racism. Which is what BLM is fighting against. Or maybe it is all those damn unions fault. But again not self created, interested to see what you meant.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kamiliam For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Duh Re: Congressmen Helped Stop The Steal founder Ali Alexander

I’ll go ahead and quote you. Lol........”Google them”!

Thanks

You have proven that you have no intention of a productive debate. This strategy of bringing up random things that are detailed and nuanced issues in order to evade the larger obvious issues

but since I can’t completely help myself.
    “In 2012, there were 292,074 robberies of all kinds, including bank robberies, residential robberies, convenience store and gas station robberies, and street robberies. The total value of the property taken in those crimes was $340,850,358. By contrast, the total amount recovered for the victims of wage theft who retained private lawyers or complained to federal or state agencies was at least $933 million in 2012. This is almost three times greater than all the money stolen in robberies that year. Further, the nearly $1 billion successfully reclaimed by workers is only the tip of the wage-theft iceberg, since most victims never sue and never complain to the government.”

https://www.epi.org/publication/wage...theft-workers/

I don’t think any of Erics posts are anywhere near relevant to the topic of Congressmen contributing to Alt-right agendas and in fact is deflecting from the topic and the seriousness of a troubling issue ...... “extremists can buy politicians/negatively influence people in power”

36. The Following User Says Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,049 Times in 3,637 Posts

I'm not sure which statements you're referring to, but I doubt very much that anyone who was watching Cuomo or AOC, or following them on Twitter, heard or read a statement from one of them, and based on that statement, decided to go out and loot a store or burn down a building. Trump makes incendiary statements all the time, knowing very well, that there is a good chance it will lead to violence. This has already happened many times, yet Trump continues to do it. At best he doesn't care. People who were with him during the rioting in DC, said he was delighted to see people rioting for him, and couldn't understand why others weren't.

The protests over the summer happened spontaneously, after millions of Americans saw a black man in handcuffs, brutally murdered by a police officer. There was some rioting and looting by people who were outraged at what happened, and there were others who took advantage of the situation and looted some stores, but most of the protests were peaceful.

The rioting in DC last week was entirely about Trump's repeated lies about the election being stolen. The intent of every person at the Capitol Building was to commit violence. Trump is the one who asked his supporters to all come to DC on Jan. 6 to "stop the steal" and protest the election results, and who held the rally, where he and other prominent supporters and family, gave one incendiary speech after another, before telling the crowd to march to the Capitol Building. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see what Trump was doing and what his intent was.
    Last edited by eagle2; 01-14-2021 at 09:52 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 Times in 898 Posts

Oh this shit is killing me. I guess I just won't say anything at all. Get myself in trouble. Artists, y'know?
    Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast