Thread: Life after vaccination

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,075 Times in 1,058 Posts

Default Life after vaccination

I was kinda hoping after the vaccine things will open up, but it might be awhile. In my part of the country, I don’t think people will wear masks and social distance after the vaccine. I understand it’s ideal to wait for the research before throwing caution to the wind, but I’m not sure how realistic it is? I’m just ready to go back to normal.

Why Do I Still Need To Wear A Mask After Getting The COVID-19 Vaccine? : Shots - Health News - https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...e-covid-19-vac

I understand it’s a controversial topic. Please be respectful. I will not engage with anyone who is disrespectful or intentionally sharing misinformation.
    Focus more on what you want than on what you donít want

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: Life after vaccination

I have been thinking about this very topic for a few days now. I decided to browse for the latest info from nationally recognized infectious disease experts NOT named Fauci. Trying to get a sense of where we are and are likely to be a month or so from now. Depending on whose numbers you prefer , some 50 million people have been vaccinated and we are doing 2 million shots per day. In 30 days that is another 60 million people. Aside from specialized categories like health workers and first responders , most recipients are over 65. Add in all the people who have built up immunity and the number of people with no or reduced viral load is growing . Arithmetically but growing. And the variants do not yet appear to be unaffected by the vaccinations. So the question is : A month from now , how "open" can we safely be ? Especially schools ?
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks
    Thanked 25,581 Times in 9,484 Posts

I’d prefer people keep the mask on unless they were vaccinated and/or agree to temp checks and to stay 6ft away.

i like how servers have to wear masks and they’re not talking n spitting all over my food

Wearing masks post pandemic would also be ideal if you have to wait in a doctor office with other sick people or if you’re in an enclosed space like a bus or train or plane

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,075 Times in 1,058 Posts

^^^unfortunately coronavirus will be around for awhile because it has an animal reservoir. (I was hoping it would be like smallpox vaccine,) I guess it’s up to every individual to do what they feel is best for their well being as we can’t count on the government or other people to have our best interest in mind (such is life). If I’m the only only wearing a mask in my community so be it. I do think moving forward we’ll really have to be our own advocates as the government and corporations will continue to put profit over people.
    Focus more on what you want than on what you donít want

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 25,581 Times in 9,484 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stoner View Post
    I have been thinking about this very topic for a few days now. I decided to browse for the latest info from nationally recognized infectious disease experts NOT named Fauci. Trying to get a sense of where we are and are likely to be a month or so from now. Depending on whose numbers you prefer , some 50 million people have been vaccinated and we are doing 2 million shots per day. In 30 days that is another 60 million people. Aside from specialized categories like health workers and first responders , most recipients are over 65. Add in all the people who have built up immunity and the number of people with no or reduced viral load is growing . Arithmetically but growing. And the variants do not yet appear to be unaffected by the vaccinations. So the question is : A month from now , how "open" can we safely be ? Especially schools ?
    They’re still in phase 1 of vaccinations here

Schools? I think a hybrid option would be a good idea so that those who want to stay at home can learn from home and those who want to go in person can go in person.

They should have a choice n not be forced to do it one way or the other.