Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Climate Change

Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 Times in 898 Posts

Default Climate Change

It's January 20th, and the birds are not flying south. When I was a kid you'd never catch a bird DEAD here in January. WTF? They're all over the place. This is the straight up middle of Winter! We gotta do something about this! Possums are out, don't they Hibernate? Racoons? They're out too. It's fucking January 20th!
    Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Raziel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 25,620 Times in 9,495 Posts

Default Re: Climate Change

It’s fairly mild winter here.

I’m horrible but I’m thankful because ain’t nobody got time to be paying 300+ for heating

4. The Following User Says Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,976 Times in 2,770 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

About time to put bird houses up

6. The Following User Says Thank You to slowpoke For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^sounds like that would end up being Tupperware of cat food

If I recall correctly you have a cat?

Thanks

It's cold where I am and getting colder.

We are in a global warming period and have been for the last 170 years or so. We had the Ancient Warming Period from roughly 500 B.C. to about 400 A.D. followed by a cooling period of about 400 years. That's when the Romans were able to grow wine grapes, wheat and olive trees in the northern parts of their conquests. Still can't do it today. Then we had the Medieval Warming Period from about 800 to 1300. That's when the Vikings were able to grow crops and raise cattle on Greenland. Still can't do it today. That was followed by the Little Ice Age from about 1300 to about 1850. It got so cold that one could walk across New York Harbor and walk across the Thames. Humans did not have any impact on any of these periods of either warming or cooling.
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks

Well, they're having an impact now. You can't just spray HAIRSPRAY everywhere and not expect something to happen, and we've been doing that for 100 fucking years! We just need new types of stuff like Hairspray. Or all this shit that increases the temperature of the planet. YES, Earth's temperature goes up and down, but at the moment we are helping it go UP. There are SEVEN BILLION OF US!!

And if it's cold and getting colder, that's part of Global warming as well. The whole earth is not NYC. I've got fucking SQUIRRELS running around my backyard! NEVER had that when I was younger. Not in January.
    Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Raziel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel View Post
    Well, they're having an impact now. You can't just spray HAIRSPRAY everywhere and not expect something to happen, and we've been doing that for 100 fucking years! We just need new types of stuff like Hairspray. Or all this shit that increases the temperature of the planet. YES, Earth's temperature goes up and down, but at the moment we are helping it go UP. There are SEVEN BILLION OF US!!

And if it's cold and getting colder, that's part of Global warming as well. The whole earth is not NYC. I've got fucking SQUIRRELS running around my backyard! NEVER had that when I was younger. Not in January.
    How ? How are humans affecting the climate today when their activities didn't have any effect during any previous macro period of either warming or cooling ? And if , IF CO2 emissions are really having an effect then what is the U.S. supposed to do about it when our emissions are declining ? It ain't us. It's the Chinese and Indians for the most part.

Btw I have squirrels running around MY backyard.
    Always have. When it is VERY cold they take long naps. They do NOT hibernate.
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks

Humans always have effected the climate. Now, we're just doing it more because of coal and shit like hair and bug spray. That stuff can fuck the ozone.

Keep this shit up and you'll wind up having WATER as the Champaign at your wedding.

No offense, Eric, but SEVEN BILLION HUMANS!

And BTW: I didn't have Squirrels running around my backyard even ten years ago in January.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Raziel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Humans always have effected the climate. Now, we're just doing it more because of coal and shit like hair and bug spray. That stuff can fuck the ozone.

Keep this shit up and you'll wind up having WATER as the Champaign at your wedding.

And BTW: I didn't have Squirrels running around my backyard even ten years ago in January.
    How far north do you live ? Maybe local wildlife is making a comeback by you ? Squirrels are hardy little critters and can handle the cold.

That was MY question. If humans can impact the climate then how did they cause the Little Ice Age ? What were they doing that turned down the thermostat so dramatically for over 500 years ? How did they cause the Ancient Warming Period ? The post Roman Empire Cooling Period that followed ? The Medieval Warming Period that came after that ? They were still burning wood for all three time periods.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Stoner For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Middle America.

And it's not cold here, at all. At the end of January. In my earlier life it would have been freezing. The BIRDS are still here!

Thanks

Middle America.

And it's not cold here, at all.
    Be patient. It will get cold again.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks

Eric, it would be ICE COLD right now ten years ago. I know what January is!

Said with respect. We can disagree and still respect each other.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Raziel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,427 Times in 5,677 Posts

The planet is grossly overpopulated. It's been a fact for decades. Climate change is both a cyclic event in the Earth's history, plus human activity adding to it. Science isn't lying to you, people....

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks

And using hella plastic then throwing it in lakes n shit.

Littering n shit like they have zero home training

Some of these humans need their asses kicked.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I think there is climate change n global warming but most people chose to do nothing about it because they don’t want to feel guilty or inconvenience themselves

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by miss.a.p1600 View Post
    Yeah, we need biodegradable alternatives to THAT as well. So not Plastic. But something. I like buying Broccoli as well, I just have no choice but to throw that plastic bag that holds it away. I'd rather it was something Biodegradable.

But we need to worry about the shit that goes into the Atmosphere as well.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raziel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Littering n shit like they have zero home training

Some of these humans need their asses kicked.
    Sorry for the second post, but there's a patch in the pacific that is all plastic items, and it's the size of fucking TEXAS! They call it the Great Pacific Garbage Patch. How all this junk gets together is beyond me.

https://www.nationalgeographic.org/e...garbage-patch/

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Raziel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,427 Times in 5,677 Posts

Sorry for the second post, but there's a patch in the pacific that is all plastic items, and it's the size of fucking TEXAS! They call it the Great Pacific Garbage Patch. How all this junk gets together is beyond me.

The answer? Trashy humans, doing trashy things like dumping garbage in the ocean......

31. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Someone should dump those trashy humans in the ocean. The deepest part. Along with the plastic/oil/garbage/etc they littered.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yeah, we need biodegradable alternatives to THAT as well. So not Plastic. But something. I like buying Broccoli as well, I just have no choice but to throw that plastic bag that holds it away. I'd rather it was something Biodegradable.

But we need to worry about the shit that goes into the Atmosphere as well.
    there are reusable/washable produce bags on Amazon

and some stores let you bring back your used plastic bags and they supposedly recycle them

i hate aerosols cause I donít want to inhale whatever chemicals are in it.

Thanks

That is a different issue and that stuff originates in Third World Asian countries that dump megatons of plastic into local waterways that gets carried out to the Pacific and Indian oceans. Some also comes from Latin America. Again , it is not the U.S. that generates most of that stuff.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnuffleUffleGrass View Post
    The planet is grossly overpopulated. It's been a fact for decades. Climate change is both a cyclic event in the Earth's history, plus human activity adding to it. Science isn't lying to you, people....
    That is POSSIBLE but unproven. Human activity MIGHT be an aggravating factor that is accelerating an otherwise natural increase in temperatures.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Stoner For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Someone should dump those trashy humans in the ocean. The deepest part. Along with the plastic/oil/garbage/etc they littered.
    All 2 or 3 billion of them ? Maybe more.

The whole world has to be encouraged to stop using so much plastic and to properly dispose of that which we do use.
    Last edited by Eric Stoner; 01-22-2021 at 11:08 AM.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks

I think there is climate change n global warming but most people chose to do nothing about it because they don’t want to feel guilty or inconvenience themselves
    The Western World has done a LOT about it. U.S. and European emissions are DOWN over the last ten years.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stoner View Post
    That is a different issue and that stuff originates in Third World Asian countries that dump megatons of plastic into local waterways that gets carried out to the Pacific and Indian oceans. Some also comes from Latin America. Again , it is not the U.S. that generates most of that stuff.
    Bro, just because it doesn't come from you and me (Or the USA) doesn't mean it's not our problem. Sure, Asian countries. But we still gotta get that shit outta the Ocean! If they're not doing it, it'll have to be us that does it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast