Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biden expected to extend the national ban on evictions through March 2021

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,036 Times in 3,631 Posts

Default Biden expected to extend the national ban on evictions through March 2021

Some good news if you're behind on your rent.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/20/bide...arch-2021.html

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 Times in 898 Posts

Default Re: Biden expected to extend the national ban on evictions through March 2021

We'll see. Often they say this shit and don't do it. Maybe, we'll see.
    Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,976 Times in 2,770 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Default Re: Biden expected to extend the national ban on evictions through March 2021

Bad news if you have tenants.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slowpoke For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 1,088 Posts

Yay! It is sad for landlords, but there’s suppose to be programs for landlords too! I dunno. I happy for struggling sex workers.
    Focus more on what you want than on what you donít want

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

There is also a extension on the moratorium for foreclosures.

https://www.wboy.com/top-stories/bid...ine-extension/

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moneybags View Post
    Yay! It is sad for landlords, but there’s suppose to be programs for landlords too! I dunno. I happy for struggling sex workers.
    Yeah, but what the fuck are these people supposed to do? And if they did evict, whose gonna move in after they are forced to leave? Everybody's broke!
    Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it

God/dess
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Thanks

We already have seen a lot of landlord walk away from their buildings. We will see more.
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eric Stoner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,986 Times in 2,425 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

Of course nobody feels bad for a landlord, but the reality is that some of them are struggling too. They still have to pay mortgage payments, real estate taxes, maintenance and other property related expenses whether they are collecting the rent or not. At some point another solution needs to be found. Some that I know are getting downright desperate.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/17/succe...ion/index.html

Here in FL, evictions are still happening to a lesser degree. For starters, the eviction courts are still running. In order for tenants to take advantage of the moratorium, they actually have to show up at court during the eviction hearing and affirmatively claim hardship due to the pandemic. Of course most of these tenants never bother to show up since people who refuse to pay their rent also often dodge calls and ignore landlord correspondence. So the court rules against them and the sheriff posts and then enforces a vacate notice.

Also the eviction moratorium ONLY applies to non-payment of rent. Landlords can still evict on other grounds. Around here they've become creative in identifying other lease violations, like property damage, undisclosed pets, other people living in the residence who were not on the lease, inability to access the residence to perform necessary repairs, etc., etc. The way some of these leases are structured, a motivated landlord is likely to be able to find something, especially since those who don't pay their rent are often the types who are cavalier about things like property condition and specific lease terms.

So if anyone on here is actually relying upon the moratorium, be sure to continue to maintain your place, comply with the other lease provisions and show up if you receive a court notification. It also helps to communicate with your landlord because sooner or later that back rent will need to be paid.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rickdugan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Most landlords own one building. They are NOT rich. Far from it. Thanks to Covid many have not been able to pay their property taxes causing budget problems for a LOT of cities.

We saw this movie before in the 1970's. There was a major deterioration in the housing stock in most of our major cities.
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eric Stoner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Twisted

Whew!! For a split second, I thought the title of thread was a ban on e-r-e-c-tions. Guess I can breathe easy now.
    I'm right 96% of the time. I don't sweat the other 5% .......................

19. The Following User Says Thank You to minnow For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickdugan View Post
    Of course nobody feels bad for a landlord, but the reality is that some of them are struggling too. They still have to pay mortgage payments, real estate taxes, maintenance and other property related expenses whether they are collecting the rent or not. At some point another solution needs to be found. Some that I know are getting downright desperate.
    I do, and I wish our government would provide more economic assistance to help everyone hurt by the pandemic, including landlords, tenants, workers, businesses, and state and local governments.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,427 Times in 5,677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stoner View Post
    Most landlords own one building. They are NOT rich. Far from it. Thanks to Covid many have not been able to pay their property taxes causing budget problems for a LOT of cities.

We saw this movie before in the 1970's. There was a major deterioration in the housing stock in most of our major cities.
    That's massively interesting.

God/dess
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

What would happen if the government allowed a property owner to manage his own property? Could he decide for himself if he wants a non paying tenant?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    What would happen if the government allowed a property owner to manage his own property? Could he decide for himself if he wants a non paying tenant?
    Depends, man. How many homeless people do you want? This will not last forever. Do you think you're gonna get another tenent?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Raziel For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel View Post
    Do you think you're gonna get another tenent?
    Who is more capable of making that determination?

Thanks

Not if they don't have any money. You're just gonna trade one deadbeat for another?

God/dess
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Try to stay on the topic.

Thanks

I am. Wondering what the evicted will do after they are evicted, and what the landlord will do once they evict the tenant, IS on topic.

God/dess
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

The topic is whether a property owner is better able to determine if he can replace a non paying tenant with a paying tenant or whether a distant functionary knows the real estate market well enough to determine if that owner can find another tenant.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to slowpoke For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I feel like a bunch of people think this is free rent or forgiven rent and don't realize they're just gonna owe like a year of rent when this thing lifts lol. It's gonna be a mess.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Daniellaa For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

The property owner is only concerned about what's in his best interests, not the country's. The government looks at what is best for the country. The government has decided that a massive increase of homelessness in the midst of a major pandemic is not in the country's best interest.

Thanks

The topic is whether a property owner is better able to determine if he can replace a non paying tenant with a paying tenant or whether a distant functionary knows the real estate market well enough to determine if that owner can find another tenant.
    No the topic is this: Biden expected to extend the national ban on evictions through March 2021

It's written at the top of the page. I know what the topic is.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,427 Times in 5,677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel View Post
    I am. Wondering what the evicted will do after they are evicted, and what the landlord will do once they evict the tenant, IS on topic.

They'll be homeless. It's sad.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Quote Originally Posted by Daniellaa View Post
    I feel like a bunch of people think this is free rent or forgiven rent and don't realize they're just gonna owe like a year of rent when this thing lifts lol. It's gonna be a mess.
    I agree, it will probably be a disaster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast