Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson Abuse Allegations

Featured Member EastCoastDancer01's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,747 Times in 846 Posts

Mind Blowing Marilyn Manson Abuse Allegations

Has anyone been following all the recent things in the news about Marilyn Manson being accused by several women of abusing them? I've read into it and OMG...some of the shit is downright frightening! I feel so sorry for Evan Rachel Wood, she's the one who broke the story and the first one to speak out about it and publically name him as her abuser. The shit that he put her through is truly fucked up. Several others have come out too about his abuse...the one actress from Game of Thrones claimed that he used a whip on her and chased her around his house with an axe! WTF?!? I always knew he seemed crazy and bizarre, but I didn't know just how extreme his behavior really was! Check out this article: https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...arilyn-manson/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EastCoastDancer01 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,564 Times in 2,876 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Default Re: Marilyn Manson Abuse Allegations

I watched all these youtube documentaries a couple weeks ago and I highly recommend:

Quote Originally Posted by Genoveve View Post
    I went down the Marilyn Manson abuse rabbit hole this morning and I am horrified:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atfYhfKHmpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUtPTTHpOec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXMvtT2gwog

I knew he was into some weird stuff but I didn't know he was a total sicko.
    I 100% believe ERW.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I believe her too. And I believe all the others...people don't just randomly make this stuff up for no reason! He has always been very open and public about his violent thoughts and tendencies. He has physically hurt people before, including his own bandmates, and the shit's been out there in the media for many years. It's just that no one was surprised because "it's Marilyn Manson"...that's how desensitized our society has become! People were also afraid to stand up to him because of his status in the industry (and probably afraid of him too).

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EastCoastDancer01 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,751 Times in 682 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

I believe the victims and I'm happy that some men from the industry have come forward as well to back them up; that helps to shut up the people who think these are just girls trying to get their 15 minutes of fame.
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetJulia View Post
    everyone I've fucked who was awful in bed should be forced to have sex with each other so they can all, collectively, figure out why I never called them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Sunset View Post
    Nothing makes me feel like less of an adult than walking into several other people's apartments and realizing we all own the exact same lamp from K-mart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam38g View Post
    The fantasy sold to women through out history that a man will come along & rescue us is a lie.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LaurenAus For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Also; ERW is already famous and established so it’s not like she’s some random nobody looking for fame and a pay day. She has nothing to gain from doing this.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EastCoastDancer01 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,306 Times in 3,591 Posts

This makes me sad because I really was a big fan of his music. Like EastCoastDancer, I knew he was into some weird shit but I figured it was consensual or confined to fantasies. Manson being 36 and dating Wood when she was 18 was a big fat red flag. That's a huge age difference and tells you he wanted to be in control of her.

Now I'm conflicted as to whether I have to boycott him completely. I.e., does it make me a shit person to keep listening to music I already own, or to play it in the club where they also already own it?
    Definitely kiboshes any plans to buy tickets to his shows or even listen to anything new he puts out.

I wish these fuckhead musicians and actors would stop being pieces of shit, so they can stop being exposed as pieces of shit. I'm tired of having to wonder if I'm inadvertently supporting someone who doesn't deserve a dime.
    "People jack off with the left hand and point with the right."

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,253 Times in 3,721 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genoveve View Post
    I watched all these youtube documentaries a couple weeks ago and I highly recommend:

I 100% believe ERW.
    I believe her too. Very sad.

God/dess
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Selina M View Post
    This makes me sad because I really was a big fan of his music. Like EastCoastDancer, I knew he was into some weird shit but I figured it was consensual or confined to fantasies. Manson being 36 and dating Wood when she was 18 was a big fat red flag. That's a huge age difference and tells you he wanted to be in control of her.

Now I'm conflicted as to whether I have to boycott him completely. I.e., does it make me a shit person to keep listening to music I already own, or to play it in the club where they also already own it?
    Definitely kiboshes any plans to buy tickets to his shows or even listen to anything new he puts out.

I wish these fuckhead musicians and actors would stop being pieces of shit, so they can stop being exposed as pieces of shit. I'm tired of having to wonder if I'm inadvertently supporting someone who doesn't deserve a dime.
    I don't think it's a big deal to listen to music you already own. Just don't buy anything of his, where he would make money off of it.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 931 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2 View Post
    I don't think it's a big deal to listen to music you already own. Just don't buy anything of his, where he would make money off of it.
    Or just download it off ThePirateBay.
    Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it

Thanks

I read somewhere that Hot Topic pulled all of their Manson merchandise out and are no longer selling his stuff! And he’s getting dropped from everything like his record company, management, TV and movie deals, etc. I bet the next step will probably be him facing legal action and possible jail time! And if his current wife doesn’t file for divorce I will be shocked!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EastCoastDancer01 For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,714 Times in 1,928 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

I believe it, especially considering ERW was 19-20 and he was 37-38 when they announced their relationship. That always sets off alarm bells for me. Not to mention he’s pretty much built his whole persona around… well, being a piece of shit. I don’t know what Brian Warner was like before he became Marilyn Manson, but he’s had that persona for… what? 25 years or so now? I remember him being among the older English kids when I was in elementary school. I’m wondering if it’s a case of him living under that persona for so long that he just ceased being Brian Warner.
    Life asked Death, “Death, why do people love me but hate you?”

Death responded, “Because you are a beautiful lie… and I am a painful truth”

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AChildOfBoredom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

He was a POS too back when was just Brian Warner...in his autobiography, he wrote that he physically assaulted his own mother but smashing a cologne bottle in her face, leaving her with permanent scars. And he spit on her, hit her, and tried choking her as well. And didn’t feel sorry for her when she cried because he thought she was cheating on his dad...what a scumbag! He should have been locked up a long time ago!

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EastCoastDancer01 For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AChildOfBoredom View Post
    I believe it, especially considering ERW was 19-20 and he was 37-38 when they announced their relationship. That always sets off alarm bells for me. Not to mention he’s pretty much built his whole persona around… well, being a piece of shit. I don’t know what Brian Warner was like before he became Marilyn Manson, but he’s had that persona for… what? 25 years or so now? I remember him being among the older English kids when I was in elementary school. I’m wondering if it’s a case of him living under that persona for so long that he just ceased being Brian Warner.
    I don't think the age difference means much. Some people are just assholes or sociopaths. Chris Brown and Rihanna are very close in age. Donald Trump is close in age to his first wife, and she said he assaulted her and raped her, in their divorce proceedings.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by Selina M View Post

I will have no problem still listening to his music, I've always been able to separate the artist from the music. Tourniquet is my jam. There's been whispers lately about Trent Reznor's record and his possible awareness of and even participation in Marilyn's abuses....but nothing will ever make me stop listening to Broken. I don't know anything about Trent Reznor and I don't particularly give a crap about him, there's no personal connection between him and the music for me.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

I don't think the age difference means much. Some people are just assholes or sociopaths. Chris Brown and Rihanna are very close in age. Donald Trump is close in age to his first wife, and she said he assaulted her and raped her, in their divorce proceedings.
    All the same, it’s not unheard of for those seeking a partner ~half their age to have a predatory nature about them, and I’m going to be suspicious regardless.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AChildOfBoredom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

FWIW Trent Reznor has completely distanced himself from MM. He put out a statement last week that read;

“ I have been vocal over the years about my dislike of Manson as a person and cut ties with him nearly 25 years ago. As I said at the time, the passage from Manson’s memoir is a complete fabrication. I was infuriated and offended back when it came out and remain so today.”

What’s funny is MM kicked out Jeordie White (Twiggy) when HIS sexual assault accusations came to light; meanwhile they were partners in crime for 20 years. My friend and I were barely 16 when we saw Manson; after the show she went to “have a cigarette” by the tour bus, and came back ten minutes later saying she and Twiggy had just fucked. She confided that she thought he might have had some herpes sores, but it was “too dark” to tell.
    Not sure where MM was, but at 16 we may have already been too old for him. This was in 1997 btw.
    Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans

30. The Following User Says Thank You to sugartaste For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,796 Times in 629 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

I think people get judged way too harshly when it comes to age differences. That being said if someone predominantly dates women under the age of say 21( that’s the non skeezy number in my mind no real reason) I am going to assume they have some control issues. You can’t help who you fall in love with or are attracted to, it’s different to pick easy prey.

I am guessing him and dita never spent any actual time together? Was he just drugged out the whole time? Wouldn’t doubt it, sometimes you get a guy like that and sometimes you get a guy like Johnny deep or Chris Brown

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kamiliam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by sugartaste View Post
    FWIW Trent Reznor has completely distanced himself from MM. He put out a statement last week that read;

“ I have been vocal over the years about my dislike of Manson as a person and cut ties with him nearly 25 years ago. As I said at the time, the passage from Manson’s memoir is a complete fabrication. I was infuriated and offended back when it came out and remain so today.”
    Are you an AiC fan?

All the same, it’s not unheard of for those seeking a partner ~half their age to have a predatory nature about them, and I’m going to be suspicious regardless.
    Especially when he talked about how what initially turned him onto her was her wearing the Lolita heart sunglasses to signify her awareness of the inappropriateness of their age gap(she was 18 when they met). Idk if that's why she actually wore them but he said it was.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

It's better to be suspicious of everyone, because anyone can be abusive or a predator. That's probably why Bill Cosby was able to take advantage of so many women.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 434 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

Jeez this is a hard one. I am a huge MM fan and this hit me hard when it came out. I try to separate the art from the artist, I guess. If we have to cancel rock stars for doing questionable things there is not a whole lot of music left to listen to, unfortunately. Most creative people are troubled souls.

I completely believe that he did questionable things. I mean, its MM, he is not exactly normal. He has a history with mental illness, drugs and alcohol. That is NO EXCUSE, but we all know that drugs and alcohol dont exactly bring out the best in people, especially if they are mentally ill. However, I think if the other party (I will refer to the women that accused him this way because right now, its not only ERW) surely think he is guilty, it would be smarter of them to shut up on social media right now and go to the authorities. What they are doing right now is hurting their case. Claiming that your boyfriend buying an airplane ticket for you, is human trafficking, is weird. ERW claiming she was underage in photos, while she later claimed she meant 'underage to drink' and not in fact younger than 18. I think that is a really deceiving way to put things.

I hope the justice system will do their work and the truth will come out. Whatever that may be.
    Last edited by AuroraJade; 02-17-2021 at 11:16 AM.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AuroraJade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 931 Posts

I like ONE Marylin Manson song. The rest of them I can do without (The ones I have heard, at least). All I can say is that I believe Evan Rachel Wood (My default position is to believe Women until they give me a reason not to). As far as finding the truth, that'll be hard, not impossible, but hard. Most abuse happens behind closed doors and no-one sees it. It's tricky because there's no witnesses. That's the abuser's angle. I mean, if he's dumb enough to beat her ass in front of God and everyone, that's one thing, but with a lot of these guy it's secret.

And these fuckers frighten her into keeping it so.
    Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Raziel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

I believe everyone who's come forth and shared their story. I feel so bad for ERW and commend her for naming her abuser.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,295 Times in 3,619 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

I wonder what made Dita date him in the first place? He never abused her in the 7 years hey were together she said, but cheated and the drugs were a problem.

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Vyanka For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,878 Times in 1,766 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraJade View Post
    Jeez this is a hard one. I am a huge MM fan and this hit me hard when it came out. I try to separate the art from the artist, I guess. If we have to cancel rock stars for doing questionable things there is not a whole lot of music left to listen to, unfortunately. Most creative people are troubled souls.

I completely believe that he did questionable things. I mean, its MM, he is not exactly normal. He has a history with mental illness, drugs and alcohol. That is NO EXCUSE, but we all know that drugs and alcohol dont exactly bring out the best in people, especially if they are mentally ill. However, I think if the other party (I will refer to the women that accused him this way because right now, its not only ERW) surely think he is guilty, it would be smarter of them to shut up on social media right now and go to the authorities. What they are doing right now is hurting their case. Claiming that your boyfriend buying an airplane ticket for you, is human trafficking, is weird. ERW claiming she was underage in photos, while she later claimed she meant 'underage to drink' and not in fact younger than 18. I think that is a really deceiving way to put things.

I hope the justice system will do their work and the truth will come out. Whatever that may be.
    I agree with ths 100%. I love his music & won't stop listening to it. I don't personally know MM but for the most part alot of rocker boys are assholes like that IMO, I've dated a few & had flings(so I have first hand experience). We will probably never know what "truly" happened as there is always gonna be two sides to every story. If it in fact did happen the way they claim it did, then ya that sucks & he needs to be punished & called out.

I'm not defending him by saying this BUT he is Marilyn Manson for fuck's sake LOL
    Even I wouldn't go into a relationship or even a fling without expecting some amount weird & odd possibly abusive behavior to happen from him. He is an odd character.

What about all the other rockstars from other eras like say from the 80s? They all had groupies galore & I don't think I've heard any allegations from them yet (then again I don't watch the news or follow this type of stuff very much).
    "Alot of people are afraid to say what they want, that's why they don't get what they want"~ Madonna

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

45. The Following User Says Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

Probably to make an ‘edgy’ couple. Or maybe he possesses some sort of out-of-character charm.

47. The Following User Says Thank You to AChildOfBoredom For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast