Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marilyn Manson Abuse Allegations

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,251 Times in 3,720 Posts

Default Re: Marilyn Manson Abuse Allegations

Quote Originally Posted by xxxGothBarbie View Post
    Has Rose McGowen come forth yet? I'm not keeping up with it really, just curious. I need to read his book I keep hearing about.
    She says her relationship with MM was not like that, but she stands with his accusers.

Thanks
    Thanked 21,301 Times in 11,010 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

3. The Following User Says Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,599 Times in 5,731 Posts

The FBI has investigated dumber things than the self-perpetuated negative drama of a rock star so .....good, I guess. IMO Brian Warner is just a gross, tragically sick person.
    Last edited by SnuffleUffleGrass; 02-28-2021 at 09:58 AM. Reason: typo

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraJade View Post
    Jeez this is a hard one. I am a huge MM fan and this hit me hard when it came out. I try to separate the art from the artist, I guess. If we have to cancel rock stars for doing questionable things there is not a whole lot of music left to listen to, unfortunately. Most creative people are troubled souls.

I completely believe that he did questionable things. I mean, its MM, he is not exactly normal. He has a history with mental illness, drugs and alcohol. That is NO EXCUSE, but we all know that drugs and alcohol dont exactly bring out the best in people, especially if they are mentally ill. However, I think if the other party (I will refer to the women that accused him this way because right now, its not only ERW) surely think he is guilty, it would be smarter of them to shut up on social media right now and go to the authorities. What they are doing right now is hurting their case. Claiming that your boyfriend buying an airplane ticket for you, is human trafficking, is weird. ERW claiming she was underage in photos, while she later claimed she meant 'underage to drink' and not in fact younger than 18. I think that is a really deceiving way to put things.

I hope the justice system will do their work and the truth will come out. Whatever that may be.
    Totally agree with this!
    I find it suspicious that so many women started to tell such stories lately. About many celebrities. About Johnny Depp, for example. It made me so sad. You may stone me,but I think it is very easy to use ambiguous things, memories and statements from the past nowadays. I think these women did not make these confessions right away only because it would hurt their careers that time and wouldn't make a certain effect it can make today. And I think it is very appropriate and sometimes very useful to do it now.
    Same case with Harvey Weinstein. Some actress blamed him, when it was the right time to do it , and the rest women started to confess about his abuse too. He might be an asshole, but the movies he produced are awesome.
    I don't want to defend anyone or blame anyone for no reason, but it makes me anxious a bit because the people who made good things in the industry are blamed. I hope they won't accuse James Cameron or Tim Burton, or..Stephen King in something lol or my paranoia will be overwhelming. ;(
    So basically now there are overall nice actors and actresses, nice directors and shitty movies and music.
    These women remind me the Catwoman in Burton's movie, when she attacked Batman, but when he punched back, she exclaimed: ''I am a woman, how dare you!'' And then, when he was all confused she hit him.
    Women are double edged swords to me. This is just perfect time for such allegations for them IMHO.
    + A lot of money for lawyers, too. Maybe ERW will gain some more media attention from this scandal. (in fact, she already did!) She might not need money, but media attention is always good, especially they sympathize her.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Quote Originally Posted by Selina M View Post

I don't jump to immediately believing anyone who claims to have been abused, honestly. I'm sure that makes me a traitor to women in some people's eyes. I wouldn't believe a man immediately either though. It's also tough sometimes to filter out your own confirmation bias where you want to believe whichever party you're a fan of :/
    This!100000%

Thanks
    Thanked 13,306 Times in 3,591 Posts

I definitely find it interesting that Rose McGowan and Dita both said their LTRs with him were not abusive at all.

I suppose he could have only selectively abused women who tolerated it? Maybe he viewed those two as more his equals or something, they wouldn't put up with bullshit, etc.

Or perhaps Evan and the other accusers are... I don't want to say "full of it" but personally I think a lot of their accusations read like they did some things they regret when they were younger and then some psychologist convinced them they were abused.

Esme Bianco especially strikes me as ridiculous - she's trying to claim she was trafficked because he bought her a fucking plane ticket? When she was 23 years old? Come on now. There are even texts where it's VERY clear that the whipping and whatnot she talks about was consensual.

I think he's definitely a weirdo and may well be an asshole and a 'player' (for lack of better word), but if he's going to go down for what sounds like essentially just leading these women on/emotional manipulation... Then they might as well start investigating a lot of bad exes I know of... That's just garden variety asshattery and at some point it is your personal responsibility to walk away.
    "People jack off with the left hand and point with the right."

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,490 Times in 930 Posts

Selena M, if it was indeed done, it could have been that he was deep in substance abuse. That changes you.
    Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Raziel For This Useful Post:

Featured Member EastCoastDancer01's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,747 Times in 846 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Selina M View Post
    I definitely find it interesting that Rose McGowan and Dita both said their LTRs with him were not abusive at all.

I suppose he could have only selectively abused women who tolerated it? Maybe he viewed those two as more his equals or something, they wouldn't put up with bullshit, etc.

Or perhaps Evan and the other accusers are... I don't want to say "full of it" but personally I think a lot of their accusations read like they did some things they regret when they were younger and then some psychologist convinced them they were abused.

Esme Bianco especially strikes me as ridiculous - she's trying to claim she was trafficked because he bought her a fucking plane ticket? When she was 23 years old? Come on now. There are even texts where it's VERY clear that the whipping and whatnot she talks about was consensual.

I think he's definitely a weirdo and may well be an asshole and a 'player' (for lack of better word), but if he's going to go down for what sounds like essentially just leading these women on/emotional manipulation... Then they might as well start investigating a lot of bad exes I know of... That's just garden variety asshattery and at some point it is your personal responsibility to walk away.
    He definitely viewed Rose and Dita as more his "equals" because they are closer in age and both very successful, established women. I feel like Rose especially is very well connected in Hollywood and he knew he wouldn't be able to get away with mistreating her. Plus, he started becoming more of a household name during the time he was with her, so it would have been bad for his career to be exposed as an abuser just as he was starting to get super famous. He may have even used her a little for more clout.

I agree with you about Esme Blanco! She was the only victim who I couldn't feel as much sympathy for. Not trying to victim blame or sound heartless, but she left her man to be in a relationship with him and willingly traveled to another country so that she could be with him. She is an adult woman who acted on her own desires, she was not trafficked! I think she wanted to have some fun with MM and when she saw how crazy he really was, she began to regret it. But she was free to end the relationship and press charges if she was being severely abused....but she continued to stay with him for a few more years. It doesn't justify his abuse, but she definitely could have made better choices. And if she went along with it for a few years, it makes her seem less credible.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EastCoastDancer01 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

IMO Trent Reznor's description of Marilyn Manson as a "star fucker" is accurate.

He just sounds like a deeply mentally ill person.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Featured Member EastCoastDancer01's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,747 Times in 846 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SnuffleUffleGrass View Post
    IMO Trent Reznor's description of Marilyn Manson as a "star fucker" is accurate.

He just sounds like a deeply mentally ill person.
    I agree! He called ERW 158 times when they broke up and cut himself each time he did; to guilt her for leaving him. Reading this made me suspect that he has undiagnosed BPD but there’s a strong possibility of Narcisism as well. Yikes!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to EastCoastDancer01 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastDancer01 View Post
    I agree! He called ERW 158 times when they broke up and cut himself each time he did; to guilt her for leaving him. Reading this made me suspect that he has undiagnosed BPD but there’s a strong possibility of Narcisism as well. Yikes!
    Oh he's definitely a BPD case.

Trust me.........

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123