Thread: AVN Stars has become my highest earning platform - ask me anything!

Thanks

Default AVN Stars has become my highest earning platform - ask me anything!

Over the last year AVN Stars has become my highest earning platform, and I earned 100k in one month, AMA.

Hi, Iím Candy Glitter. I'm a dominatrix / financial dominatrix / fetish clip artist. When I first started in online SW I couldnít have fathomed making 100k in a year, let alone in one month. I wanted to share some of my insights about AVN Stars, and some basics about the platform that some of you might not be familiar with. I'll lay out the basics in this thread, and answer any questions you may have. I also have a tips & tricks guide that goes more in depth.

Over the last year Iíve made AVN Stars my highest earning platform. Iíve been ranked #1 on the site for the last 6 months. Feel free to ask me questions about my experience about the platform, etc. The platform is still fairly new, but the support is great, they are constantly rolling out new and very useful features. It's similar to OnlyFans, but in terms of features, they differ.

My favorite aspects of AVN Stars and a few tips

• ē AVN Stars provides internal traffic (the explore page is great and while the top list does promote the top earners, they also have many options for new models to be discovered) Their explore and trending pages provide an open opportunity for models with new accounts and smaller followings to get their content in front of the entire site.
    • ē AVN Stars models can also have a clip store section on their profile.
    • ē They hold weekly contests Ė these contests have really boosted my earnings, and they were part of the reason I started using the site. The contest themes are pretty fun, and they payout cash to the top 10 winners. One of the contests they held ended up with me being on the cover of AVN Magazine. Honestly one of the coolest experiences of my life. They also feature new and up and coming models in their magazine and on their social media.
    • ē They offer cash prizes to the top 10 monthly earners. The top 10 models on the site are currently a mix of established / well known models, and models whoís accounts are less than a year old. The contests prizes and top themselves have paid me $23,200 in total (since July). This is from a mix of the weekly contests and the monthly ranking prize $.

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 1.19.58 PM.png

• ē They payout 80% on everything, including clip sales. They are rolling out more and more updates to the clip portion of the site, and as theyíve done that, Iíve noticed my clip sales increase as well. Iím currently in the process of uploading all 1200 of my clips to the platform. I do think eventually AVN will be as much of a clip site as any of the major clip sites, so Iím happy Iíve gotten ahead of the curve and started uploading all of my content there sooner rather than later. I now upload all of my new clips there as part of my regular uploading rotation.
    • ē They offer ďgroupsĒ that your members can pay to join. For example, I have a chastity group, and I will send chastity related content to them and you also have the option to go live for just those groups. It's a unique feature I think is currently underutilized on the site, and my fans love the groups. They love feeling like they are apart of a "special club".
    • ē You can go live for subscribers or for everyone, and if you go live for everyone, your profile is featured on the home page and people who are just browsing the site can join and see what youíre all about

On the topic of going live: I will often say "I'm going live for my AVN followers only tonight!" - on AVN Stars following is free. Subscribing costs $. But if you can get someone to follow you, you basically have your foot in the door. You can message them at anytime, you can urge them to subscribe, you can also send them PTV messages.

I think AVN is unique in that it has so many different ways to make money. My income is a mix between clip sales, tributes, PTV messages, paid votes for the contests and live stream tips. If one income stream is running low, I will put my effort towards something else. So if Iím not getting very many clip sales or tributes, I will go live and drum up some more traffic. I find that all of the streams feed off of each other. Just like with online SW platforms, I try to diversify my profile as much as possible.

When I first started on the site about a year ago it was fairly new, my fans/subs didnít really know about it yet. But it has pretty quickly become a trusted and established website and it has not been an issue to get people to use a ďnewĒ site, especially as of the last several months. I honestly felt slightly overwhelmed by the idea of coming to a site where I had 0 traction, but I found that my customers liked the idea of a shiny new toy (AVN - not me LOL) to play with.

I started using the platform full time in July (due to the contests and the potential for extra $$) and at the time I had only made payout once, and itís now my highest earning platform.

I am still ranking in the top 10-20 on IWC pretty routinely while doing this as well. A good chunk of my customer base followed me via twitter/social media itís not as if I have abandoned all other platforms in favor of pushing all sales to AVN. I have had a ton of new traffic come via AVN.

When AVN Stars first came on the scene, it was pretty domme heavy due to the early adaptors being dommes. However Iíve noticed a lot of vanilla models leaving other cam sites and coming to AVN, and even more so now that AVN has a clip store feature. I think we are going to see a pretty even mix over the next several months of dommes and vanilla models using the platform.

You can see my net payout earnings here. Due to the way their stats work these figures donít line up with my monthly earnings exactly but it gives you an idea. Part of your income is held in pending for a few days until it clears, which throws off the monthly calculations. Regardless, in September I earned over $100,000 (gross) and part of those earnings rolled over to the November payout.

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 1.13.22 PM.png

Speaking of payouts, they payout within a day or two of your withdrawal request, and they cover the wire fee.

Tips & Tricks Guide: ​

If you donít have an account yet, use my referral link: FollowPrincessCandy.com to sign up and I will send you my tips and tricks guide. Itís 8 pages long (I actually just updated it to reflect new site features on AVN!) and goes in depth on maximizing profits, using all of the features to your advantage and getting new subscribers. I do get a referral bonus from referring you, paid for by AVN (your 80% payout is unchanged!). Some people have asked, Iím not selling the guide by itself for now. I might do this someday down the line, if/when I venture into any type of coaching. Please dm me after you use the link!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have about the platform/my experience with it.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CandyGlitter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: AVN Stars has become my highest earning platform - ask me anything!

This looks like an ad, you spend all those words talking about the website and what it offers, and not about your experience.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mommyandme For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Feel free to ask any questions, I covered what I thought were the basics and my favorite features that are under utilized (groups, live function, clip store etc).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CandyGlitter View Post
    Feel free to ask any questions, I covered what I thought were the basics and my favorite features that are under utilized (groups, live function, clip store etc).

Okay, why do you think they payout 80%, when industry average is about 60%? It's been my experience that sites offering 80% don't have much organic traffic relative to the big boys, consequently requiring a greater marketing effort on behalf of the studio/model to sell content. Is most of the traffic you generate from your own marketing, or from normal traffic AVN Stars gets?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mommyandme For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mommyandme View Post
    Okay, why do you think they payout 80%, when industry average is about 60%? It's been my experience that sites offering 80% don't have much organic traffic relative to the big boys, consequently requiring a greater marketing effort on behalf of the studio/model to sell content. Is most of the traffic you generate from your own marketing, or from normal traffic AVN Stars gets?
    AVN is a pretty big industry name, but they are a newer website so I assume that's why they started at 80% payout - to get more model traffic to a site that was recently developed. They do have brand recognition within the adult industry already from hosting the AVN Awards and expo. I brought a bit of traffic from my own marketing, for sure. However, I have noticed (especially as of the last several months) when I participate in the contests, go live, post stories, publish new clips (all things that get you on the home page of AVN) I get new subscribers who haven't heard of me before. I have no idea what their payout structure will be in the future, but right now it feels like a sweet spot between traffic and payout. Especially if you have the time to put towards utilizing the features.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CandyGlitter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CandyGlitter View Post
    AVN is a pretty big industry name, but they are a newer website so I assume that's why they started at 80% payout - to get more model traffic to a site that was recently developed. They do have brand recognition within the adult industry already from hosting the AVN Awards and expo. I brought a bit of traffic from my own marketing, for sure. However, I have noticed (especially as of the last several months) when I participate in the contests, go live, post stories, publish new clips (all things that get you on the home page of AVN) I get new subscribers who haven't heard of me before. I have no idea what their payout structure will be in the future, but right now it feels like a sweet spot between traffic and payout. Especially if you have the time to put towards utilizing the features.
    I don't care about the advertisement of the site features, I and others care about what you are specifically doing with those features. The claimed amount you are earning, and your claimed sales position, indicates you are doing something others are not, what is that? The fact you have not stated any of that, and continue to elaborate on the site features tells me this is an ad for the the website, not an honest attempt to help the people here.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,816 Times in 4,425 Posts

I've been on AVN since they opened and have had very little results. Onlyfans seems to have way more traffic. I started getting subscribers before I'd even uploaded much.

I'm guessing the reason you have been so successful is that you brought in your own traffic.

I do like the fact that AVN advertise as an adult site instead of trying to push forward the few mainstream type people they have on there like OnlyFans. It's ridiculous that most of OnlyFans is adult content but when they do advertisements it's always fitness instructors and musicians and such. They aren't fooling anyone lol.

I really wish I could make AVN work for me like OnlyFans has but I hesitate to put too much time in there since I get actual money for my effort on OnlyFans and pretty much nothing so far on AVN.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laurielegs For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laurielegs View Post
    I've been on AVN since they opened and have had very little results. Onlyfans seems to have way more traffic. I started getting subscribers before I'd even uploaded much.

I'm guessing the reason you have been so successful is that you brought in your own traffic.

I do like the fact that AVN advertise as an adult site instead of trying to push forward the few mainstream type people they have on there like OnlyFans. It's ridiculous that most of OnlyFans is adult content but when they do advertisements it's always fitness instructors and musicians and such. They aren't fooling anyone lol.

I really wish I could make AVN work for me like OnlyFans has but I hesitate to put too much time in there since I get actual money for my effort on OnlyFans and pretty much nothing so far on AVN.
    You’re absolutely correct that onlyfans has more traffic. When I said internal traffic I didn’t mean AVN has more traffic as a whole. I just meant they have a home page, explore options etc and they actively promote their models across the site and their social media. They have ways for new customers to click around and discover new models.

I’ve tried my hand at both onlyfans and AVN, and I’ve tried to push traffic to OF but it never took off for me. I still keep my account there for people who like subscribing there.

That was part of the reason I started to move towards AVN. I don’t really like how little OF promotes adult models.

It’s definitely something that builds upon itself. And you definitely will have to push traffic towards the site if you want to make it a big earner for you. This is something I focused on doing. I think this is probably the case with any site. I’ve noticed an increase in internal traffic lately as well. If it wasn’t made clear in my post - I’m not implying you’ll create an account and make huge amounts just from AVN traffic alone.

I just really like the site, I feel they’re supportive of adult models, their support is quick and they’re adding new features pretty regularly. Definitely do what works for you. I had so so luck on OF, but it might’ve just been a timing thing for me as well.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CandyGlitter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 773 Posts

When you moved over to AVN did you bring your fan base with you? How many of your subscribers are new to you since you have been on AVN? Did they find you through AVN? I see where you mentioned twitter, but just curious about it more specifically.

How do your earnings break down? I see where you mentioned the contests/rank earnings, but the rest? What is it that is bringing the most money and do you focus on one thing specifically or are you spreading it out across the different features?

With PTV messages, tip goals, tributes, contest paid votes, live streaming, clip sales, subscribers, and groups (probably missed some things) it is hard to know where you should put more effort. Are you using the site as a way of getting paid for live sessions off site? Or even the games that many dommes play? Is this where you would have customers tribute (or whatever) when following instructions in vides (like tribute games). I think when you spread yourself thin you end up suffering for it. This is especially true when you are filming clips as well.

I know that is a lot, I am just curious (mostly) how the income really breaks down.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justsometwat For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justsometwat View Post
    When you moved over to AVN did you bring your fan base with you? How many of your subscribers are new to you since you have been on AVN? Did they find you through AVN? I see where you mentioned twitter, but just curious about it more specifically.

How do your earnings break down? I see where you mentioned the contests/rank earnings, but the rest? What is it that is bringing the most money and do you focus on one thing specifically or are you spreading it out across the different features?

With PTV messages, tip goals, tributes, contest paid votes, live streaming, clip sales, subscribers, and groups (probably missed some things) it is hard to know where you should put more effort. Are you using the site as a way of getting paid for live sessions off site? Or even the games that many dommes play? Is this where you would have customers tribute (or whatever) when following instructions in vides (like tribute games). I think when you spread yourself thin you end up suffering for it. This is especially true when you are filming clips as well.

I know that is a lot, I am just curious (mostly) how the income really breaks down.
    Yes, I definitely pushed it heavily, especially when I first got on the platform and it was fairly new. As far as new to me subscribers go, I'd say at least 30%-40% are new to me via AVN, but that's a rough estimate. My success with the site has definitely been from using the site consistently, compounded by new subscribers finding me via those efforts - Contests and live streams bring me the most new to me traffic. I get a lot of new subscribers when I live stream, as long as I'm live streaming for "everyone" and not just subscribers. This way people who aren't subscribed see my page as well.

I do skype sessions occasionally and I accept my tributes via AVN. But most of the people who skype with me are already subscribed on AVN, and so this is usually where I post that I'm going live and doing sessions. I've made it kind of my "home base" and so my subs know to contact me there.

I spread it out across the different features, for sure. Due to the state of the world the last year or so, I've been home a lot, and as a result I've been online a lot. Currently: I try to post 5 clips per week (on all platforms, including AVN), go live 1x-2x per week for around 1-2 hours each time, participate in the contest if there is one that weekend, offer Skype sessions 1-2x days per week, send PTVS throughout the week/reply to DMS when I am available. I also offer custom videos as well, but that is one area that I've specifically cut back on slightly in order to keep things manageable. I also manage 3-4 other sites/clip stores alongside AVN. I don't want to put all of my eggs in one basket.

Going live has been the biggest money maker for me, partly because I had never really done it before so a lot of my fans were excited about it. As far as having customers tribute for games within videos, I don't direct them anywhere specifically during the clip. When they buy the video, either AVN or another site, they almost always send the tribute on the site they bought the video on.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to CandyGlitter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you for taking the time to answer! What I was concerned about was that you already had a large following and that you didn't get many new people finding you. There's also a lot of dommes that only put out one or two videos a month and thought maybe that would be the case for you. I happy to hear that's not the case as there's some hope for someone like me to get a little more exposure. I do well, but I don't believe my following is as big as it should be given how long I've been doing this. Hoping that AVN will get some more eyes on me!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to justsometwat For This Useful Post:

Thanks

For the groups is it a one time fee to join or a monthly fee?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justsometwat View Post
    For the groups is it a one time fee to join or a monthly fee?
    A one time fee! You can remove people from them or add them manually as well.

Thanks

On this site possible work on webcam without free chat ( paid mode or spy mode)?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to bunny1847 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bunny1847 View Post
    On this site possible work on webcam without free chat ( paid mode or spy mode)?
    Sort of, you have a few options. You could either make the cam room stream only available to subscribers. Or you could create a group within your profile, and add the customer(s) you wanted to stream to to the group and go live for only the group.
    I believe they might be working on a feature to go private or offer private/pay per minute shows.