Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid shot

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 2,168 Posts

Default Re: Covid shot

Edibles help too. He hee
    Quote Originally Posted by We had a rabbit like you View Post
    And I'm over here like "fuck you, pay me". No non sense, sorry.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 18,799 Times in 6,067 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LoveyDovey View Post
    Edibles help too. He hee

Cool. Even if it's weed gummy bears? Lol. My second Pfizer shot isn't even until May 16, and I'm already praying that nausea/vomiting will be a side effect I DON'T get (I have a phobia of throwing up).
    Last edited by TheBrownFox; 04-26-2021 at 03:00 PM.
    https://twitter.com/yummybrownfox

"This isn't Burger King. You can't have it your way." - Tim McManus on HBO's Oz

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheBrownFox For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laurielegs View Post
    My cousin is in her 30s, got her second shot over the weekend. She got a little achy, slept a lot and woke up the next day feeling awesome. I get my second in a week and a half, really looking forward to being on the other side of this!

My mom has had long Covid symptoms for almost a year, really suffering with this crap. No energy, can't taste or smell food still. She said the fact that she can't even enjoy food takes a lot of the joy out of life. She got her first shot last week, had no effect but a slightly sore muscle.

I saw several news articles that are saying the vaccination is actually helping folks who have lingering covid symptoms by helping their immune system kick out the last of the virus from their body. Really hoping my mom has the same result.

Here are a couple of reports I saw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vnuCzvRg34

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...d-long-haulers
    I hope that works for your mom. That sounds awful.

I finally got an appointment for my first shot on Friday. It took about one month where I live. I didn't have any major side effects. Mine was Moderna. I have a thumb sized visible bruise on my arm at the injection site and that arm was sore like I had lifted weights for a couple days. It's still tender and I can feel a lump of inflamed tissue under the skin. I think that may be an unskilled injector and not the vaccine though.

Friday evening and early Saturday morning I felt very mild flulike symptoms. Chills, headache, sore throat, nausea, general malaise... but a very mild version, like a flu was coming on. I took a nap and they were gone.

I'm still getting dizzy when I'm overheated, like at the gym. Not sure that's the vaccine, but I thought I'd mention it.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emanuelle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 18,415 Times in 5,991 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by charlie61 View Post
    First Pfizer shot done! Was super impressed by the process- extremely efficient, wow! I started crying during my appointment...i got weirdly emotional. It made it real for the first time, showing up to a mass vaccination site. Just really grateful that I've been living in this privileged, protected bubble throughout the whole pandemic.
    No side effects today from the first shot, just a sore arm.

I'm hoping i get some side effects on the second one, as i want to feel it working, lol! Though i don't want to throw up - I'll do anything to avoid throwing up, ugh.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by charlie61 View Post
    Though i don't want to throw up - I'll do anything to avoid throwing up, ugh.

Saaame! I will seriously go outta my way (I'd take the bus or a Lyft ride to go buy this and that if I must) to try my best to avoid throwing up. LOL. Give me a sore arm...the chills...and a fever INSTEAD, please. That stomach bug in January 2020 that was going around (at the daycare center where I'd worked) had me FUCKED UP. I was glad that happened on a Friday (Daycares are closed on weekends), so that I could spend my weekend recovering...without having to actually "take off work."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TheBrownFox For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,539 Times in 3,845 Posts

I don't think it's likely that you'll throw up. I didn't, and I don't know of anyone who did. Vyanka said it turned out to be food poisoning that caused her to throw up.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

2nd shot: It was a warm spring day, so I decided to ride my bike to my 2nd vaccination. The dude administering said "You guys that show up on motorcycles get it in the butt!" I was like "As a matter of fact, a nurse friend didn't want a sore arm, so requested a butt shot!" He thought dropping my pants in the high school parking would likely offend someone, LOL

Not much reaction, slightly sore arm, but better, less reaction than first dose. Sure hope my body is generating anti-bodies, I need to help my 89 yr old mom this weekend - who refuses to get the vaccination "Because it might effect her later in life"... Mom you'll be 90 this fall, who cares about 30 years from now?!
    Originally Posted by
    I don't know what it is about me that says "wife me up." Everyone wants to choke me or date me. Or both. This job is weird.

Originally Posted by Nocturnelle
    ... Kittens are assholes but they're just so darn cute.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CFMNH44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,771 Times in 689 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

Well I threw up in the middle of the night after getting my second shot but no one I know threw up and tbh I felt a lot better afterwards so I didn't mind it too much haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetJulia View Post
    everyone I've fucked who was awful in bed should be forced to have sex with each other so they can all, collectively, figure out why I never called them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Sunset View Post
    Nothing makes me feel like less of an adult than walking into several other people's apartments and realizing we all own the exact same lamp from K-mart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam38g View Post
    The fantasy sold to women through out history that a man will come along & rescue us is a lie.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LaurenAus For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LaurenAus View Post
    Well I threw up in the middle of the night after getting my second shot but no one I know threw up and tbh I felt a lot better afterwards so I didn't mind it too much haha.
    Which one did you get?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I hate barfing too but I will say that I always feel better right afterwards. It really used to upset me when I was little.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,771 Times in 689 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2 View Post
    Which one did you get?
    Moderna
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetJulia View Post
    everyone I've fucked who was awful in bed should be forced to have sex with each other so they can all, collectively, figure out why I never called them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Sunset View Post
    Nothing makes me feel like less of an adult than walking into several other people's apartments and realizing we all own the exact same lamp from K-mart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam38g View Post
    The fantasy sold to women through out history that a man will come along & rescue us is a lie.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LaurenAus For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It's a week after my first shot and I have a weird side effect that may be from the shot. A few days ago I got a swollen lymph node in my armpit and I thought maybe it's just excess fluid waste from ripping up my muscles at the gym. It started the day after a shoulders & chest workout. Today I got another swollen lymph node above my clavicle, both on my left side (where I got my shot). This worried me because it could be a sign of breast cancer, so I did a telehealth consultation and found out a lot of women are getting this as an immune response to the vaccine within 2 weeks of the shot. Interesting.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emanuelle For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/vaccine-reactions

A COVID-19 vaccine can cause enlarged lymph nodes in your armpit or near your collarbone on the side of your body where you received the injection.

Why does this happen? The lymphatic system is home to your immune system; so when you get checked out for a cold or strep throat or flu, your doctor will feel your neck area. If he or she finds swollen lymph nodes, it means the body is mounting a response to an infection, explains Dr. Roy.

“The COVID-19 vaccination is given in the arm and the closest lymph nodes are the ones under your arm, so that is where the reaction is occurring,” she says. “It’s completely normal. It’s your immune system reacting to the vaccine, as it should.”

The enlarged lymph nodes may feel like a lump and be a little tender, or you may not notice them at all, Dr. Roy adds. They generally appear within a few days of the vaccination and you can feel them for up to 10 days—and they may be visible on imaging tests for up to a month, she says. If you can still feel them more than two weeks after your shot, call your doctor, she advises.

The swelling in the armpit was a recognized side effect in the large trials of the Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines. According to The New York Times, in Moderna’s study, "11.6% of patients reported swollen lymph nodes after the first dose, and 16% after the second dose. The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine seems to have a lower incidence, with 0.3% of patients reporting it."

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Emanuelle View Post
    It's a week after my first shot and I have a weird side effect that may be from the shot. A few days ago I got a swollen lymph node in my armpit and I thought maybe it's just excess fluid waste from ripping up my muscles at the gym. It started the day after a shoulders & chest workout. Today I got another swollen lymph node above my clavicle, both on my left side (where I got my shot). This worried me because it could be a sign of breast cancer, so I did a telehealth consultation and found out a lot of women are getting this as an immune response to the vaccine within 2 weeks of the shot. Interesting.
    Thank you for sharing this! I had no idea. Glad it wasn't serious!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,366 Times in 3,640 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Emanuelle View Post
    That happened to me with my first shot. My armpit one was swollen for 2-3 weeks. It's normal.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vyanka For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I got my 2nd moderna shot a last month.
    First shot was fine - My arm started bleeding when I got the shot but other than that I went about my day like usual
    2nd shot was also overall good. Some back pain and felt sluggish but not sick.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KALIN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,086 Times in 1,843 Posts
    My Mood
    Bitchy

Got my 1st shot of pfizer on monday and all I had was a sore arm at injection site but it went away. I just really wish people would quit naysaying this vaccine though! What other alternatives do we really have at this point? People claiming that this vaccine will end up killing us down the line in a few years?
    "Alot of people are afraid to say what they want, that's why they don't get what they want"~ Madonna

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Featured Member trustfundkiller's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 992 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

I've been fully vaccinated with Pfizer for awhile now. No symptoms after the first shot. After the second, I got muscle aches maybe 2-3 hours after and they only lasted an hour. Nothing other than that, and I was really dreading my second dose. I read all the horror stories and got myself worked up for no reason. But I would suggest keeping some Pedialyte and planning on taking a day or two off just in case you do get more severe side effects.

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,366 Times in 3,640 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

My first period after my 2nd was heavy and painful. My hormones went through the roof.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vyanka For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,086 Times in 1,843 Posts
    My Mood
    Bitchy

Quote Originally Posted by trustfundkiller View Post
    I've been fully vaccinated with Pfizer for awhile now. No symptoms after the first shot. After the second, I got muscle aches maybe 2-3 hours after and they only lasted an hour. Nothing other than that, and I was really dreading my second dose. I read all the horror stories and got myself worked up for no reason. But I would suggest keeping some Pedialyte and planning on taking a day or two off just in case you do get more severe side effects.
    LoL oh I totally worked myself up beforehand.
    I had Gatorade & gingerale and crackers just in case.
    "Alot of people are afraid to say what they want, that's why they don't get what they want"~ Madonna

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I had ginger ale, crackers, Tylenol, and weed edibles. The only thing I really needed was water and weed edibles and maybe a little bit of rest, not because I felt sick or anything but because I knew my body was doing a lot and I just wanted to rest and let my immune system do what it needed to do. The second shot for me was easier than the first. But I agree, it's better to have these things nearby and not need them rather than the other way around.

41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My son and I both got our second Pfizer shots this afternoon, and so far so good. I didn't think I'd be able to handle lifting weights tonight, but I'm feeling up to it. And I'll be on cam tonight.

I'll post an update on how I'm feeling tomorrow too.

43. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TheBrownFox For This Useful Post:

way the fuck out in the middle of nowhere, CO
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Wow this thread's a refreshing read. Good on all y'all for getting your jabs. Strip clubs are about as high-risk an environment as they come, in terms of Covid -- indoors, poor ventilation, no masks or social distancing, shared breathing space with a buncha strangers... I dropped my gal for going back when her club re-opened the other week, without getting vaccinated -- germaphobe about everything *except* global death virus? I don't get that, and I can't take care of her if she can't take care of herself, even if I'm fully vaccinated (lost a few days from my life with a fever after each shot, sign of a strong immune system apparently). Kinda pissed off at clubs not requiring dancers to be vaccinated, wtf is up with that.
    Kinks - "I'm Not Like Everybody Else"

45. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mellowmutt For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,066 Times in 1,668 Posts

I thought this might be beneficial for the group.

I got my vaccine series. I feel fine. I felt a bit crummy, but overall good. Just took it easy. My mom had a strong reaction and felt pretty sick. I guess everyone’s different.
    Focus more on what you want than on what you don’t want

47. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Well, damn...I wish I'd known before that Lyft and Uber are offering FREE rides to vaccination sites until July 4th. Could've saved me $33 on Sunday.....

You'd think they'd send out an e-mail or an app notification or something.

49. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheBrownFox For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast