Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt Gaetz Under Investigation Over Possible Sex Trafficking

Thanks
    Thanked 1,541 Times in 967 Posts

Default Matt Gaetz Under Investigation Over Possible Sex Trafficking

This is not a very political post, though it may not be able to escape it. Can everybody agree to get along for a moment. This is more serious.

Matt Gaetz has been accused of trafficking a seventeen year old girl. Now, the problem here is that this guy lies like a rug! He was one of Trump's most fervent supporters (yeah politics, I know, but this post is more about accusations of sex trafficking). Now, for the record, sex trafficking is when you bring a kid across state lines for sex or companionship in exchange for money or something of value. Now, I don't really like Matt Gaetz, every picture I see of him he's got this mean face. He looks like the devil. I didn't, however, expect him to be fucking a seventeen year old girl! He's THIRTY-EIGHT! WTF do you have in common with a seventeen year old?
    Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it

Thanks

Default Re: Matt Gaetz Under Investigation Over Possible Sex Trafficking

Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Raziel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 21,375 Times in 11,046 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

WTF is he.. wait Idt I wanna know..

Featured Member
    Thanks

I have mixed feelings on this one. If he was involved with a minor, that's just wrong and stupid, something I wouldn't put past him. But the "human trafficking" charge is tossed about, almost recklessly by prosecution and media when it's not. Let me say anyone that exploits another human is scum, actual traffickers are worse than scum, but so many times government overreach uses it to slime defendants and victims. Witness the spa case in FL w Patriots owner.

I'm tired of reading about similar cases being a 'joint effort' of a dozen branches of government "including Homeland Security".

I didn't research this further, but

"In late 2017, Gaetz was the only member of Congress to vote against a bill intended to use the Department of Transportation to assist in combating human trafficking, arguing against the expansion of the role of the federal government.

The Department of Justice declined to comment on the matter."

DOT should worry about fixing infrastructure, crumbling roads and bridges before they divert energy to assisting with sex crimes. Rant over.
    Originally Posted by
    I don't know what it is about me that says "wife me up." Everyone wants to choke me or date me. Or both. This job is weird.

Originally Posted by Nocturnelle
    ... Kittens are assholes but they're just so darn cute.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CFMNH44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 663 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by CFMNH44 View Post
    I have mixed feelings on this one. If he was involved with a minor, that's just wrong and stupid, something I wouldn't put past him. But the "human trafficking" charge is tossed about, almost recklessly by prosecution and media when it's not. Let me say anyone that exploits another human is scum, actual traffickers are worse than scum, but so many times government overreach uses it to slime defendants and victims. Witness the spa case in FL w Patriots owner.

I'm tired of reading about similar cases being a 'joint effort' of a dozen branches of government "including Homeland Security".

I didn't research this further, but

"In late 2017, Gaetz was the only member of Congress to vote against a bill intended to use the Department of Transportation to assist in combating human trafficking, arguing against the expansion of the role of the federal government.

The Department of Justice declined to comment on the matter."

DOT should worry about fixing infrastructure, crumbling roads and bridges before they divert energy to assisting with sex crimes. Rant over.

I just wonder what Nestor thinks of all this?

(That is another Gaetz story)

In theory I agree with everything you stated but itís him...and he knew that you canít have a minor traveling across state lines. Thatís trafficking a minor, especially if sex was involved. All politics aside, I would distrust him as a person if he was my political twin. I think he has a lot of chaos/ego/stupidity and wasnít surprised by this latest turn. He outed himself by trying to get ahead of the story.

This investigation was started under Bill Barr btw

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kamiliam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,250 Times in 2,694 Posts

Wait isn't he the guy with the 'Pool Boy' consort? Though maybe he likes girls as well, who knows?

As for whether it's political or not, he's a politician.
    You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Free your mind, and your ass will follow.
    George Clinton

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Djoser For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Djoser View Post
    Wait isn't he the guy with the 'Pool Boy' consort? Though maybe he likes girls as well, who knows?

Yeah, I know, that's why I was a little worried about posting this. But I figured it'd be OK because it's not really about politics. It doesn't really matter whether he's a republican or not. Just whom he is inserting his penis into. This guy just makes my skin crawl in a way that most other politicians don't. His buddy Joel Greenberg is also under investigation for, you guessed it, child sex trafficking. This whole bullshit is just missing Jeffery Epstien.

Like the guy with the "wide stance," I think his name was Larry Craig. He's in a bathroom at an airport trying to fuck another dude that turned out to be a cop. Why are these weirdo guys always republicans?
    Last edited by Raziel; 03-31-2021 at 02:55 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raziel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

its As for whether it's political ..............a1sexygirls

14. The Following User Says Thank You to a1sexygirls For This Useful Post:

Thanks

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...-rubber-fetish

See look at this. This guy's got two wetsuits on and a Butt Plug in. He's a PASTOR. I mean what the fuck? Well I guess that's one way to lead the flock.

Thanks

We will see. He was on Tucker Carlson last night rebutting the charges ( all that has been reported is that he is being investigated ) and naming a former DOJ official who he claims tried to extort him and and his father. He also claimed that the NYT report put the kibosh on a meeting set with the former DOJ official to make a down payment ; that he and his father went to the local FBI ; were cooperating with them and he called on the FBI and DOJ to release the audio tapes that he claims will prove his innocence and that he was the target of an extortion scheme. Since it is now Biden's Justice Dept. with a jellyfish like Garland in charge I highly doubt they will release anything that helps Gaetz. If there are such tapes and they do exonerate Gaetz I expect they will be lost, accidentally erased or remain part of an "ongoing investigation " until Hell freezes over.
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

Featured Member
    Thanks

Cant. Make. This. Stuff. Up!

Nestor aka Adopted pool boy, with no adoption papers, and a real ass father still alive...

Notice QAnon is silent about a real case of trafficking? They'd rather talk about invisible, imaginary cases involving peeps from a different political party.

Photo that hasn't aged well:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Originally Posted by
    I don't know what it is about me that says "wife me up." Everyone wants to choke me or date me. Or both. This job is weird.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CFMNH44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

That photo is supposed to prove WHAT ? Looks like he was visiting a high school and had his picture taken with a few students. Big deal. What else you got ?

Nestor Galban is Gaetz's adopted son. Has been for the last 8 years. And you are implying what ?
    The fact that his natural father is still alive does not preclude an adoption. There could be abandonment, termination of parental rights , voluntary surrender of parental rights or consent to the adoption . I don't know and neither do you.

Just because you don't like Gaetz's style or politics does not entitle you to cast aspersions without EVIDENCE of wrongdoing.
    So far is there is NOTHING !
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks
    Thanked 22,378 Times in 6,237 Posts
    My Mood
    Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stoner View Post

Nestor Galban is Gaetz's adopted son. Has been for the last 8 years. And you are implying what ?
    The fact that his natural father is still alive does not preclude an adoption. There could be abandonment, termination of parental rights , voluntary surrender of parental rights or consent to the adoption . I don't know and neither do you.
    But he never actually adopted him. Here's an excerpt from the NYT:

Mr. Gaetz’s personal life has gained attention before. Last summer, he announced that he had a son, Nestor Galban, 19, though Mr. Gaetz said he was not Mr. Galban’s biological father, nor had he adopted him. Mr. Galban had been 12 when they met and had come to the United States from Cuba; Mr. Gaetz was at the time dating Mr. Galban’s sister.

“He is a part of my family story,” Mr. Gaetz told People magazine in June. “My work with Nestor, our family, no element of my public service could compare to the joy that our family has brought me.”

From Heavy.com:

Nestor Galban is the young college student Congressman Matt Gaetz describes as his son, although Gaetz never formally adopted him.

Galban moved to the United States from Cuba when he was 12 to live with his older sister, who was dating Gaetz at the time, according to People. The two formed a bond and Galban told the magazine Gaetz “raised me as his own son.”

And People magazine https://people.com/politics/matt-gae...ised-as-a-son/

I don't think it's necessary to be either related by blood or legal contract to grow a strong bond. You can love someone and care for them without that. All you have to do is look it up to know that he never actually adopted him.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,086 Times in 2,829 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

"Representative Matt Gaetz, Republican of Florida and a close ally of former President Donald J. Trump, is being investigated by the Justice Department over whether he had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old and paid for her to travel with him, according to three people briefed on the matter.

Investigators are examining whether Mr. Gaetz violated federal sex trafficking laws, the people said. A variety of federal statutes make it illegal to induce someone under 18 to travel over state lines to engage in sex in exchange for money or something of value. The Justice Department regularly prosecutes such cases, and offenders often receive severe sentences."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/30/u...stigation.html

This story is incomprehensible. It appears he is accused of having sex with a “minor” in this case a 17 year old, which is not to my knowledge a federal offense. It is a state offense to have sex with someone below the age of consent, which varies from 16 to 18 years of age, depending on the jurisdiction.

Then it goes on to talk a bout transporting a minor, however unless I am mistaken a violation of 18 U.S.C. ß 2421 et seq, also known as the Mann Act, does not depend on the age of the female. The statute provides:

“(a) In General.—
    Whoever knowingly transports any individual in interstate or foreign commerce, or in any Territory or Possession of the United States, with intent that such individual engage in prostitution, or in any sexual activity for which any person can be charged with a criminal offense, or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both.”

Am I missing something, or is this just more poor reporting?

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slowpoke For This Useful Post:

Thanks

All i can say is that I would never, never fuck a seventeen year old girl. They are cute like a Kitten is cute, but I need an adult WOMAN. WTF do I have in common with a seventeen year old? I don't listen to [insert current pop star here]. WTF am i supposed to do with a seventeen year old? My daughter is only two years behind her!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 663 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Well this all hinges on how involved he was in the Greenberg matter, which was how Gaetz got brought into any investigation. Greenberg is accused of among many things being involved in sugaring relationships with those under 18. So if they are connected that is how they get to trafficking.

I am holding my opinion on if this is actual trafficking or if he is just a creep till we get more info and or charges, but this does have the scent of it to me.

@slowpoke there are other sections to the Mann Act that are specifically about minors. It also doesn't matter on the state by state definition of age of consent, because this is a federal investigation where it is 18.

"Section 2423 is concerned solely with the transportation of minors under the age of 18 years and provides for an enhanced penalty. This section should generally be used when minors are victims, although the other two sections also cover minors ("any individual").

Section 2423 was amended on February 6, 1978 by Pub.L. No. 95-225, on November 7, 1986, by Pub.L. No. 99-628, and again on September 13, 1994 by the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act. The legislative history of these amendments demonstrates Congress' special concern with the sexual exploitation of minors. Thus, cases falling under these statutes which involve minors as victims should be given special priority."
    https://www.justice.gov/archives/jm/...-2027-mann-act
    Last edited by kamiliam; 04-01-2021 at 01:33 AM. Reason: added info on Mann act

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,365 Times in 3,770 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Djoser View Post

That was Jerry Falwell Jr. Mrs. Betty Bowers, America's best Christian, gives a good overview of the scandal here:

27. The Following User Says Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stoner View Post
    We will see. He was on Tucker Carlson last night rebutting the charges ( all that has been reported is that he is being investigated ) and naming a former DOJ official who he claims tried to extort him and and his father. He also claimed that the NYT report put the kibosh on a meeting set with the former DOJ official to make a down payment ; that he and his father went to the local FBI ; were cooperating with them and he called on the FBI and DOJ to release the audio tapes that he claims will prove his innocence and that he was the target of an extortion scheme. Since it is now Biden's Justice Dept. with a jellyfish like Garland in charge I highly doubt they will release anything that helps Gaetz. If there are such tapes and they do exonerate Gaetz I expect they will be lost, accidentally erased or remain part of an "ongoing investigation " until Hell freezes over.
    If he didn't do anything wrong, why would anyone try to extort money from him? What are they going to threaten him with? Give them $25 million or they're going to make up a story that he trafficked a 17 year old girl?

Thanks

Just so you know, I don't like Mitch McConnel either but you never hear shit like this about him. Sex Trafficking is a totally different ball game.

And I agree with kamiliam, this does smell like it to me.

Featured Member
    Thanks

The fact that words like "child prostitutes" just roll off Rep Matt Gaetz's tongue... (Hint: A minor cannot legally consent, beyond creepy to say this...)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1377060046509604864
    Originally Posted by

31. The Following User Says Thank You to CFMNH44 For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,086 Times in 2,829 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by kamiliam View Post

@slowpoke there are other sections to the Mann Act that are specifically about minors. It also doesn't matter on the state by state definition of age of consent, because this is a federal investigation where it is 18.

"Section 2423 is concerned solely with the transportation of minors under the age of 18 years and provides for an enhanced penalty. This section should generally be used when minors are victims, although the other two sections also cover minors ("any individual").

Section 2423 was amended on February 6, 1978 by Pub.L. No. 95-225, on November 7, 1986, by Pub.L. No. 99-628, and again on September 13, 1994 by the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act. The legislative history of these amendments demonstrates Congress' special concern with the sexual exploitation of minors. Thus, cases falling under these statutes which involve minors as victims should be given special priority."
    https://www.justice.gov/archives/jm/...-2027-mann-act
    Thanks. I should have read the entire statute. I know better.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,048 Times in 9,664 Posts
    My Mood
    Amazed

Quote Originally Posted by CFMNH44 View Post
    The fact that words like "child prostitutes" just roll off Rep Matt Gaetz's tongue... (Hint: A minor cannot legally consent, beyond creepy to say this...)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1377060046509604864

Just like one of the male troll/Johnís on this forum

In their sick minds they rationalize it as teenagers know what theyíre doing and in some other countries teens can consent

But yeah here in America that pedo shit is creepy as hell

34. The Following User Says Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

MissP, I'm sure the teenager THINKS she knows what she's doing, but what she doesn't realize is that Old Dude is taking her for a ride. He just wants to get his dick wet.

Thanks
    Thanked 22,378 Times in 6,237 Posts
    My Mood
    Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel View Post
    MissP, I'm sure the teenager THINKS she knows what she's doing, but what she doesn't realize is that Old Dude is taking her for a ride. He just wants to get his dick wet.
    Raziel, that's what she's saying. Re-read what she posted. I don't think she's making the argument that teenagers can give legal consent. She was highlighting those who think they can.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by miss.a.p1600 View Post
    Just like one of the male troll/Johnís on this forum

In their sick minds they rationalize it as teenagers know what theyíre doing and in some other countries teens can consent

But yeah here in America that pedo shit is creepy as hell
    In most states, the age of consent is 16, but it is still against the law to take someone across state lines to have sex, if that person is less than 18 years old. In Gaetz's home state of Florida, it's 18.

Some of his colleagues are saying he used to brag about the women he had sex with to them, and show them nude photos and videos of women he had sex with.

https://www.rawstory.com/matt-gaetz-women/

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast