Thread: NFTís

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Default NFTís

I started reading up on NFTís but canít seem to find anyone speaking on them here on this forum. NFTís sound like a brilliant and profitable transition for our industry, basically treating our content as true art, providing exclusivity for creators, buyers and sellers. Many sex workers have already banked on it so it looks positive to move forward into. Please share what information you have on the NFT world so we all can learn what to expect from this new branch of sharing and profiting off our art.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...rmers-1142030/
    "Where there is love there is life"-Mahatma Gandhi

"Be The Best, F!ck The Rest"- P.P.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kikiwiki For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: NFTís

Quote Originally Posted by kikiwiki View Post
    I started reading up on NFT’s but can’t seem to find anyone speaking on them here on this forum. NFT’s sound like a brilliant and profitable transition for our industry, basically treating our content as true art, providing exclusivity for creators, buyers and sellers. Many sex workers have already banked on it so it looks positive to move forward into. Please share what information you have on the NFT world so we all can learn what to expect from this new branch of sharing and profiting off our art.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...rmers-1142030/
    I'm definitely interested in how these develop. As of yet though, I haven't found any way to make one that didn't require some up front cost, or an invite to a platform filled with mostly influencers.
    http://htmwrestling.com - Fetish sports entertainment

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

As cool as it sounds profit-wise, NFTs have a pretty hefty negative financial impact, so I'm not going to bother looking into them until that gets sorted out. Same with bitcoin.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hyperprincess For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,831 Times in 3,964 Posts

I advise against it. It is much easier for government to trace and seize than people think.

https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...s-untraceable/

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

NFTs are horrible for environment. Their upfront cost will only keep rising as time goes by because of the energy cost of minting them.

Additionally, the "exclusivity" and "uniqueness" of a NFT is complete bullshit. What is being sold and bought is a link to a place where a copy of a file is stored. The file doesn't belong to you. Copyright remains with the original creator. Your ownership of the link to a copy of the file will be registered on the blockchain, but the copy of the file is not guaranteed to remain at the link. All you truly "own" is an entry on the blockchain that includes a link that may or may not point to an image or video somewhere. And that image and video can be copied and distributed all over the internet for free or for a cost or whatever.

The whole concept of NFTs is ridiculous. The only reason there was a spike in prices is because speculators were hoping to be able to buy and then resell these NFTs at a profit. Now the bottom is falling out of that market. Speculators can't just sell to each other forever and end users are realizing how silly and pointless owning a link is.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spemily For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I think it got hyped as well because Elon Musk recently twittered about an adult friendly NFT.

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,374 Times in 1,603 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

There is a lot of misinformation about NFT's here. Dont believe the hype! Smart contracts and BITCOIN are the only ways forward!! People just parroting the crap they have been fed without any real knowledge on what this is about. I urge you to do your own research and find out why these lies exist!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,918 Times in 760 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by DeepThoughts View Post
    There is a lot of misinformation about NFT's here. Dont believe the hype! Smart contracts and BITCOIN are the only ways forward!! People just parroting the crap they have been fed without any real knowledge on what this is about. I urge you to do your own research and find out why these lies exist!
    It does look super interesting, I saw a model that was using NFT's to sell clips. She was only selling 1/1 though, does that mean you could upload any amount and sell them? Or do they always have to be auctioned off? Are you using spankpay, or just giving guys your bitcoin address? I also saw a way to have guys pay for a private telegram using crypto, I'm wondering if that could possibly gain momentum.

There are a lot of things to figure out, but I think mastering it could give someone a huge advantage in the future.