Thread: Michigan

Thanks

Question Michigan

Hi guys. I was wondering if there's any places in Detroit that don't require a license ? Thankyou I was looking on flying over there but not sure. If not any places that are travel friendly ? Thankyou any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Default Re: Michigan

I was also considering phoenix but I heard that's pretty dead in the summer.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,913 Times in 5,526 Posts

In order to work in the city of Detroit, you have to have a cabaret license. You don't need one if you work in one of the cities outside of Detroit like Romulus, Dearborn, or Ypsilanti. I've heard that business is slow right now(way more dancers than customers) but good luck if you do come here.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WendiStarr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,267 Times in 4,815 Posts

Just FYI a lot of the Detroit area there is underwater right now with huge flooding, probably not a good time to travel there. Take a look at the news reports on Detroit and Dearborn.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laurielegs For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Wow thanks for the information ladies. Was not aware of the flooding going on , that's crazy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed

Im from Michigan and lived in Detroit between 2002-2005 and then again between 2009-20011. My mane club to work at was Bouzouki Greektown, but when things at Bouzouki got slow, I would worked at the Colosseum Club (stopped working there because of too many harassment issues with customers and management not not taking the girls complaints seriously, and not taking action towards the customers doing the harassing) Penthouse Club (my bff worked there), Motor City Showgirls and Legends (when it first opened, I tried it out 7 or 8 times but didn’t go back when I realized just how much of an extras club it was)

In Feb. of 2011 I moved to Dallas and worked a club most of the time but would go back and forth between 2 other clubs when things got slow or got boring at my usual club. In April of 2011 I moved to Houston and started working at The St James Cabaret where I still work. I had 6 very close friends from Detroit that over a couple of months after I moved to Houston, ended up following me and moved to Houston. 3 of them also started working at St James with me. The other 3 friends ended up moving more in to down town Houston and worked at different clubs. Living in Houston my main club is St James Cabaret, but Iv also worked at The Mens Club, Legends and Spenders because thats where my other friends were working at. Iv also tried Fantasy Plaza half a dozen different times because it was a full nude club and wanted to see what it was like. Because Iv always tried to work in high end and up scale clubs, Fantasy’s was pretty ghetto and the customers were pretty cheep and I didnt like the way the customers treated the girls and the management was pretty lame.

When I moved to Texas in 2011, especially between 2011 - 2015, I would go back to Michigan several times throughout the year for 2 or 3 weeks at a time to see family and friends. While there, when I would be staying in Detroit I would work at Bouzouki‘s, sometimes with an old long time bff, because it was an easy way to work 2 or 3 nights a week and make quite often as much as $400-$500 on a slow night and when it was busy or the tigers/lions were playing at home, it was easy to make $800-$1200 if not more, in a night.

Baseball opening day, when the Lions had a home game, the super bowl, during the Detroit Auto Show, Halloween, Thanks Giving, Christmas, and of course New Years Eve, were always money making nights at Bouzouki‘s.

Between 2016-2019, I slowed my travel down to MI from going somewhere between 5 and 10 times for a few weeks at a time to only going 2 or 3 times for only a week or two each time. Back between 2011-2015 I made it a point to spend several days in Detroit each trip to MI and made it a point to work 2 or 3 nights (more if the money each night I worked was good). Between 2016-2019, I would plan to try to get in a few nights at Bouzouki while I was in MI but there were some trips where I didnt have time or just wasnt able to work it out where I could stay in Detroit and get in a few nights at Bouzouki.

This year I have already made 6 trips to MI, spending 2-4 weeks there at a time. Each trip so far this year I was able to stay in Detroit for several days at a time and have been able to work several nights at Bouzouki. In my opinion Bouzouki Greektown is still the best up scale and high end club in Detroit, but its not the same as it use to be when I lived in Detroit and it was my main club to work at. Now it seems like the money you can make in a night varies quite a bit. Some nights walking out with only $150 and other nights walking out with $800 if it was a good night. Management has changed and there for the atmosphere of the club has seemed to change a bit. Its not the Club I remember from back in the day, but its still my go to club to work at when Im there and the only club I will recommend people to go to and girls to work at.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ginger17 For This Useful Post: