Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NYC Club Updates

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Default NYC Club Updates

With many clubs having reopened (at least the ones that didn’t go out of business), just wanted to give an update on what I’ve been seeing. Any additional info on other clubs etc that people want to add would be helpful.

Flashdancers - I auditioned at midtown on Friday and the club was pretty full. They accepted me even though I have a few prominent tattoos which was surprising, a few guys tipped me while I was on stage for audition. However I can’t work there right now because they are mandating a 3pm-12am shift and I get off work at my other job at 6pm. They said that if the governor extends curfew to 1am they will consider splitting into two shifts again. Downtown also open. Still only need license and SS# not required to work

Sapphire 39 - I don’t think 60 is open yet; I went to 39 with a client (as a customer) about two weeks ago on a Thursday and it was fuller than I expected. Girls are on stage again (only the stage with the pole not the runway, and a big plexiglass screen is up) and lap dances are allowed upstairs. Still requires SS# and a 1099 as far as I know.

Pumps (Brooklyn) - my favorite club to work at but still closed. Andy owns the building so they aren’t worried, but it’s not a well ventilated space and they don’t serve food so not sure when they will be allowed to reopen.

Gallagher’s (Queens) - (edited) just auditioned here, at the door the security guy said he didn’t know if they were taking auditions but when I met the manager he hired me as soon as I changed into my dress, did not even need to dance; there is no house fee right now, and no lap dances on the floor but VIP rooms are available for 15 mins/$100 (girl keeps $60) which seems extremely under priced to me, but maybe that’s a temporary thing to generate revenue. Girls are dancing on stage and making tips, bar area opens first week of May.

Ce La Vie (lap dance party) - moved locations to a new place which is pretty trashy, clientele have gotten worse and there are always too many girls working and doing extras out in the open for like $60

Lido (lap dance party, no longer at Scores) - clientele has gone downhill as they are working with a promoter who brings in cheap young guys from queens and NJ, hasn’t been worthwhile to go

From the perspective of a 5’10 / fake blonde / 34-27-36 somewhat tattooed 26yr old
    Last edited by rocohoee; 04-30-2021 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Elaborated on gallaghers

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rocohoee For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: NYC Club Updates

I’m not from NYC nor will I be going there any time soon, but I just wanted to say that was a nicely detailed write-up. Appreciate you sharing

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StellaRose For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StellaRose View Post
    Iím not from NYC nor will I be going there any time soon, but I just wanted to say that was a nicely detailed write-up. Appreciate you sharing
    Of course there has been such a lack of info/transparency about clubs in NYC even before covid. Iíve been on many forums but itís hard to get people to answer questions, so now that I have info myself I want to be helpful.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rocohoee For This Useful Post:

Thanks

can only speak from personal experience with the flash chain right now but Flash midtown is fantastic right now. downtown is hit or miss.

Sapphire 39 is open
    Sapphire TSQ is open
    ^No idea how those clubs are doing.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sexyblondie77 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Does flashdancers have a spinning pole?

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rinbin View Post
    Does flashdancers have a spinning pole?
    I donít think so - at least not at the midtown location. The poles were all static from what I saw and there was hardly room to do tricks on any of them. They were all way too close to a wall so you risk hitting into it. Also, Iím 5í10 and wore 6in pleasers and my head almost touched the ceiling while on stage... if I had worn slightly taller ones I wouldnít have even fit haha

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rocohoee For This Useful Post:

Thanks

no- and on the small satellite stages in midtown and downtown you will really have no room, even for tricks like climbing (easier at downtown bc the poles are taller) but midtown like @rocohoee said especially if you are tall you will literally hit the celeing. custies def appreciate stage and will throw money for it bc it is so rare any girls at flash know how to actually work the pole-

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sexyblondie77 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Damn, my tricks are almost exclusively for the spinning pole. They look quite silly on a static one. Really sucks.

Thanks

Also sucks Because tricks are my way of getting our of making conversation, which I still stuck at 3 years later...

How's money at flashdancers now? Midtown is the one I assume you're at (lol not that I know the difference). I'd really like to come down and work for a bit. Need a good month making club this summer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sexyblondie77 View Post
    can only speak from personal experience with the flash chain right now but Flash midtown is fantastic right now. downtown is hit or miss.

Sapphire 39 is open
    Sapphire TSQ is open
    ^No idea how those clubs are doing.

Are there customers at Flash midtown? Are they spending? I used to work there, and planning to go back soon, thank you!

Thanks

I'd like to know as well. Give it a try, even if there's no spinning pole? Are there customers? Are they hiring? What do you guys do on stage if you don't do tricks? Is there a house fee?

Thanks

WWW Re: NYC Club Updates

Also sucks Because tricks are my way of getting our of making conversation, which I still stuck at 3 years later...

How's money at flashdancers now? Midtown is the one I assume you're at (lol not that I know the difference). I'd really like to come down and work for a bit. Need a good month making club this summer.
    Iíve been working at the FDís locations before and after Covid. The Midtown location does have 1 spinning pole on the front of the main stage. The second pole on the main stage is stationary. Both the Midtown & Downtown locations have been incredible since the curfew was raised 2 extra hours (10pm to 12am) The curfew is obviously being lifted at the end of the month completely.

The owners here are awesome. They do not allow any of their staff to accept tips from any girl that works there. One of the main reasons i have stayed here for a few years now is they donít use hosts. The playing field is leveled and there isnít much in house politics between management. Midtown always has a busy floor which can lead up into lots of rooms. Downtown does 50% of the floor traffic but they have consistent 50k per night spenders. I have seen guys blow over 250k in a single night. This has to do with the money in Tribeca / Wall Street. Hope this helps. Message me for more details.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stripclubb For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Both the Midtown & Downtown locations have been incredible since the curfew was raised 2 extra hours (10pm to 12am)

How much money can you make on average until 12AM? What number is "incredible" for you? I wonder if the club is full like normal and it just cuts off at 12, or overall has less customers still? Thank you!!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Aircon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

this is inaccurate...both locations have hosts...

23. The Following User Says Thank You to sexyblondie77 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sorry let me clarify…. The “hosts” here are more like room waitresses. They don’t really arrange every part of the transaction as a traditional host in other clubs do. They will definitely work with who they like but won’t block room sales because they aren’t tipped by a specific girl.

Thanks

^ agreed that they will not block you but priority goes to their favorite girls. The hosts here are actually amazing and do not expect anything. They will help you however they can. Same with downtown, I made $7k on my first day downtown with Isa’s help pulling a double- (yes, day shift!!!)

26. The Following User Says Thank You to sexyblondie77 For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Thank you so much for posting this! It’s hard finding detailed info on any clubs right now.

I just moved to the city and am having a hard time finding information on clubs that accept dancers with tattoos & unnatural hair color (probably will have to end up dying my hair back to black, tragic��). I’m looking mostly in Queens if anyone has more info on some of those clubs. I’ve heard the rates are lower and I’m cool with that for the time being just need some direction!!!

Thanks

Well I think I'm going to come by and audition tomorrow at midtown. Unfortunately, I've been forced to look for work sooner rather than later due to an abusive situation I was in (someone helping me with my kids just walked out and I'm pretty fucked). Is there a certain time I should come? I was thinking of showing up at 3 on the dot. Was going to look for somewhere to get my hair done first. Is there anyone on this website I can say hi to lol? Should I wear a particular outfit? Are my 8 inch pleasers okay? Is there a particular manager I should wait/ask for?

Thanks

Also when I called today they said to bring a dress and stilettos. When I asked what kind if dress, the girl on the phone just said a dress. I asked her if traditional dancing shoes (pleasers) are okay and she had no clue what I was talking about and insisted that I bring stilettos. Any advice for coming in and auditioning?

Thanks

Also when I called today they said to bring a dress and stilettos. When I asked what kind if dress, the girl on the phone just said a dress. I asked her if traditional dancing shoes (pleasers) are okay and she had no clue what I was talking about and insisted that I bring stilettos. Any advice for coming in and auditioning?
    Your shoes are probably fine. And whatever dress you choose. They won't make or break the audition. Your thong has to be not see through at all and not a g-string, but a thong that totally covers all your holes. That's the only clothing item that matters. Because of the laws you can't even audition if anything might show.

If your dress and/or shoes aren't what they like the dancers to wear they'll tell you after the audition that you need to replace them. Most clubs have very detailed dress codes in the contract. Don't overthink it, just wear what makes you feel sexy and the rest will sort itself out.

Thanks

Okay! Thanks for the reply. I'm a bit afraid as I've never danced in a major club, but I really need the money and am also ready to make real money instead of chump change and get my savings together (like before adoption lol single life was wonderful). I decided I'll bring my pleasure and a cheap little pair of heels with ankle straps (so at least if there's really a spinning pole at midtown flash dancers I can still use it without killing someone with a flying shoe). They actually told me to bring a g string, so I picked out a few, someone more covering, some not (will probably wear the more covering one anyways). Do you know if I can wear and bra and underwear under the dress and remove them in auction or should I not bother? This dress and shoe situation isn't what I'm used to, just used to lingerie and some 8 inchers.
    https://www.meshki.us/products/angel...iABEgJ3pvD_BwE

https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m348...SABEgKjM_D_BwE

Here's both dress I'm bringing, I have both in white and black.
    Sorry for all my confusion and questions. I really need this opportunity and want to make sure everything is right.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Rinbin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You probably won't even be on stage a full song so I wouldn't bother with the bra set unless that's what makes you feel great. You'll get up there and dance around for about 30 seconds so they can see the way you move, then they'll ask you to take your dress off so they can see what your body looks like. That's all there is to it.

To be honest I can't give you too much helpful advice. I don't dance anymore, I just saw your comment in "what's new". I danced in NYC for almost 10 years at Rick's, then at Penthouse & Scores, then at Sapphire 60 for the longest, until covid happened.

I can't figure out what their reasoning is behind who they chose to hire and not hire. I see so many girls in these forums saying this or that club doesn't hire this or that type of woman, but the truth is they all hire every type of woman as long as you look good, it seems like they just get a feeling about a specific individual girl and that's why they choose her. All you can do is look your best, smile, be friendly, and if they say no it's not because you're not perfect, it's just because the manager didn't pick up on your vibe, so keep trying other places until you find your strip club home. They're all good places to work. Good luck.

edit: If you're not sure about your outfits maybe ask the opinion of the hair & makeup people. They usually know what's good.
    Last edited by Emanuelle; 05-26-2021 at 08:05 PM.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emanuelle For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you so much!

Thanks

So I went to midtown and I got it Horace they said to go to downtown. Hopefully it's good there too. And damn are those stages not for dancing you guys weren't kidding.

Thanks

Sapphire 60 opens tonight!! All of Sapphire locations are now open

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast