Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Age stress

Thanks
    Thanked 1,311 Times in 352 Posts

Default Re: Age stress

Quote Originally Posted by 305gurl View Post
    As we try to ignore it, disclaim it, disprove it. Stripping is for young women in their late-teens to mid-20's. Really, it's the men that pays for our services and majority of them tend to go to young women or at least appear young and in-shape. We can't be stripping all our life. Especially past 35.
    I think many of us have witnessed large enough numbers of men pay dancers far older than 25 large enough sums of money to completely shatter the statement that stripping is for late teens to mid-20's.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Likethis For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Age stress is a very difficult thing

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,172 Posts

As we try to ignore it, disclaim it, disprove it. Stripping is for young women in their late-teens to mid-20's. Really, it's the men that pays for our services and majority of them tend to go to young women or at least appear young and in-shape. We can't be stripping all our life. Especially past 35.
    Nope. I was banking and doing pole work until I was 46. Retired due to the pandemic.
    Quote Originally Posted by We had a rabbit like you View Post
    And I'm over here like "fuck you, pay me". No non sense, sorry.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Likethis View Post
    I think many of us have witnessed large enough numbers of men pay dancers far older than 25 large enough sums of money to completely shatter the statement that stripping is for late teens to mid-20's.
    I know I was making 700/5 hours well into my 40s...
    Quote Originally Posted by We had a rabbit like you View Post
    And I'm over here like "fuck you, pay me". No non sense, sorry.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,874 Times in 583 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Fine

I'm 41 and feel like I'm just hitting my stride as a dancer.

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Winged Dinghy For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Likethis View Post
    That's mostly because of experience we have and make generalization of certain group of customers, we tend to know who comes in to spend on dancers and those who are just there hanging out and waste a dangerous time. Once a young attractive dancer gets a "jackpot" night then shreds her "party girl" persona, it's way more deadly than any veteran dancers.

Man, I really miss my young body. I do agree a young dancer can able to work long hours and more days.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 305gurl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,077 Times in 1,806 Posts
    My Mood
    Devilish

That's mostly because of experience we have and make generalization of certain group of customers, we tend to know who comes in to spend on dancers and those who are just there hanging out and waste a dangerous time. Once a young attractive dancer gets a "jackpot" night then shreds her "party girl" persona, it's way more deadly than any veteran dancers.

Man, I really miss my young body. I do agree a young dancer can able to work long hours and more days.
    I used to think like you when I was younger....I was sorely mistaken. Plenty like younger and some are not party girls but there are the guys who want a connection with someone they can relate to at their age and they pay well. What's a 50 yr old guy gonna do talking about instagram/snapchat/tik tok/etc with this new generation LOL? There will always be ones who come purely for the young ones though.

Random thought: I'm running fucking late today *eyeroll* I'm rushing to be on time and he drove 45 minutes away to come here. FUCK.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,311 Times in 352 Posts

For me: Money speaks louder than words.

If someone is way past 25 and making good money, perhaps being a consistent top earner like some of the ones I've met, being happy about it, there's no reason to stop just because of what other people have to say. Words are empty and most people's opinions are pretty useless, I mean at the end of the day nothing we say here is going to stop a hot 35+ year old dancer from getting a man's money if she wants it. I don't think of it as a competition either (just to clarify I've never said younger dancers don't make money, all I've said is that older dancers do get paid a lot by men), what matters is whether the money made is enough to please the individual dancer. As for being able to work more hours and days it's debatable, but personally I don't even care about that because I've done the whole dancing 5 nights a week with 8 hour shifts minimum thing and I don't think of it as something to strive for. I'd rather work smarter not harder, but we're all different and that means different strategies and priorities and there's nothing wrong with that.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Likethis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,367 Times in 3,640 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

If someone past that age is STILL making money clean and easy and knows what she's doing.. why on Earth should she stop if the good money is still there???

The OGs here are letting some of you know that it is still possible IF you can AND want to. You quit once you feel like it or the money is no longer there. The smart money makers around me are 30+. None of that stress bullshit. Lol.

But you do you.. to each their own.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vyanka For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,952 Times in 5,461 Posts

THIS is true! I don't " close " the club anymore like the old days I can still hang. Many dancers who have " done this awhile " know to work smart. Save energy for private rooms + we eat right even packing snacks hahaha. I might leave at midnight these days but I still do make $.

The bottom line is that you shouldn't listen to anyones rambling bullshit about YOUR money. You certainly could even turn the conversation on them to start picking AT THEM but I wouldn't even bother ! I would probably mention something like " you seem to not know much about this industry / earning capacity ect. " and then just walk off !

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingtitties View Post
    that simply isn’t true though! So much to unpack here...the only parts of dancing that are easier for young women are staying up late and maybe pole work and even that’s debatable.
    Last edited by carmen_b; 05-12-2021 at 08:53 AM.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 18,418 Times in 5,993 Posts

I think it's very similar to the modeling industry in many ways. It's all about taking care of yourself, finding a market that works for you, and capitalizing on that. You might even start diversifying your portfolio, just like older models do. You could cam one night a week, for example, to start building a customer base, start an OF account and post stuff from the club, etc.

Like, you obviously aren't considered "older" at this point, lol, but I'm just referring to society's ridiculous notion that women over 22 are "older." It's never too soon to start taking smart steps to ensure your future success!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12