Thread: Dancer-to-be needs advice*********

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Mind Blowing Dancer-to-be needs advice*********

Hi all. I've been lurking on this site for a while and getting research about the clubs in my state (I live in NJ). I made this account to connect with other strippers and to gain better insight to this community.

Before I get bombarded with the same question over and over again, I'll answer it: Yes, I want to do this. Stripping is not my ideal career choice. I'm doing this to better my education. My parents are abusive and make excuses to neglect me. They are wealthy, but won't pay for college. I want to pay for my college tuition and everything else my parents couldn't give me.

I am confident in my body and I love to dance. I know this job is dangerous, but I am not intimidated by possibility of a gross customer or two. I know this job isn't easy, but I am prepared to face the music whenever it comes.

Are there any good clubs in the nj/newark/ny area? Are baby strippers hazed? What's something you wish you knew when you first started dancing?

Anything would be appreciated <3

Stay strong and sexy,
    Cleopatra Savage

Thanks
    Thanked 21,518 Times in 11,109 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Default Re: Dancer-to-be needs advice*********

Did you look in the Club Chat section, (type in search bar) or clubs & reviews?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,802 Times in 2,147 Posts

As a baby stripper, I would say keep your business to yourself but by all means be polite with the other dancers. When it comes to customers, same thing. Keep your personal life private and set firm boundaries. Don't go around people-pleasing BC people will take advantage of you. Also as a newbie I'd always ask the customer if they'd like company before you sit with them BC they may be there to see someone else. It just saves you a lot of drama. Depends on the club though.

Also don't get too drunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by We had a rabbit like you View Post
    And I'm over here like "fuck you, pay me". No non sense, sorry.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 18,413 Times in 5,991 Posts

I started in a small, family dive, and i was scared i would be hazed, too! I didn't have any issues. Smile neutrally without maintaining eye contact so they don't think you're uptight or bitchy, don't hang out in the dressing room, don't try to steal dancers' regulars, respect space in the dressing room (don't try to take a premium spot or put your stuff where somebody already has their stuff)... it should all be common sense. Try to come across as totally neutral, non-threatening, confident but not cocky or annoying, keep to yourself, smile pleasantly without making it weird, and stay focused on customers. You should be just fine.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,017 Times in 1,656 Posts

Charge more than you think you are worth. Don’t sell yourself short. Don’t do anything you don’t feel in alignment with. You will hate yourself and can lead to a very bad life path down the road.
    Focus more on what you want than on what you donít want

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moneybags View Post
    Charge more than you think you are worth. Don’t sell yourself short. Don’t do anything you don’t feel in alignment with. You will hate yourself and can lead to a very bad life path down the road.
    That's the truth. One of the reasons why it's a good idea to not drink on the job - dancing with impaired judgment can be a slippery slope. Mixing alcohol and money is dangerous, IMO. It's one thing to drink with friends to lower your inhibitions, but doing so with strangers who are paying you in the charged environment of a club? Eek.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

yeah I have, but most reviews are from years ago and and i need something a lil more....recent lol.

also they're all pre-covid reviews

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cleo.savage View Post
    yeah I have, but most reviews are from years ago and and i need something a lil more....recent lol.

also they're all pre-covid reviews
    Well silly, most of the clubs are barely just opening.

Just relax. I think it is also important to remember that this job isn't for everyone. There's a quite unfair stereotype that any bimbo can do this. I've seen many a noob realize this isn't for them and move on.

Nevertheless, all of the above advice is good. I too do not recommend drinking on the job. A club with a day shift might be a good place to get your feet wet. Or hell, go for the night shift. Do what you want.

Don't let girls,managers, or DJs abuse you. Don't let customers abuse you. You've already suffered enough abuse and dancing is empowering, you'll learn if you stick with it.

Don't forget that this is a sales job, and you are selling a fantasy. The prettiest girl in the world with the best body will not stand a chance against a less attractive girl with a great personality and excellent sales skills.

With that said, as with any other sales job, you will have bad days. Never rage quit on a bad day.

Buy some baby wipes, and have fun. My dancing motto has always been to have fun, and the money will come, and it still works and I've been in and out for 14 years.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seatortuga For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,934 Times in 5,454 Posts

Just try a shift.

If you are not too worried about discretion I'm a big believer that the best club is the closest club.
    It's kind of like the gym. You are more likely to go when you join one NEARBY .

Have fun and make $ on your first shift.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^ I would say 90-95% of us on this site didn't have help from parents paying for college. It certainly isn't a given.

If they are abusive and not really helping you much it might be good to create some distance there as well.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 23,183 Times in 3,889 Posts

I don't understand why you want to go to college? When so many college graduates really don't make good money once graduating. Especially when so many women with degrees end up in the sex industry in one form or another? What is the use of a degree? Not to mention once you have that degree your past sex work will be used to discriminate against you...

So what that your parents won't pay for your college, even if they are rich. You are an adult now, make better life choices than your parents if you don't like them as people. I know many successful people who came from the worst neighborhoods & grew up in foster care.

What makes you think that college campus won't be just as dangerous as a strip club? Women are raped all the time on college campus & their rapist keep going to classes & never even get questioned by the cops. I was much safer in a strip club than I ever was at a Frat party. Hate reading those old tropes of how strip clubs are more dangerous than so called real jobs, when danger exist for all women at all times. There will never be a time where you can let your guard down, especially when any man holds a position of power above your position.

There are gross customers & bosses at every job, it is a fact of life. Shouldn't be, but just is. Strip club will help you grow up fast & how to deal with such creeps better than any college. It will teach you how to hustle & land on your feet without a student loan debt to pay back.

Trade schools are faster, cheaper & lead to better paying jobs. There is a major shortage of people needed in trade jobs.
    Video blogs on Camming industry & how to succeed at camming.

Personality is the glitter that sends your little gleam across the footlights and the orchestra pit into that big black space where the audience is. Mae West

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^ Yeah I think that’s a newbie thing .

But yeah I have had the same experiences. I’m actually treated better by men in sex work settings than in civilian life much of the time. Creeps are EVERYWHERE not just at the club ( and there they are better monitored )!

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 23,183 Times in 3,889 Posts

You can read & ask questions all you want, but best thing to do is apply & start working. Expect to have blisters on your feet by the end of the night. Don't do shots, don't over indulge in alcohol just because you are nervous. Never set your money down, learn how much the house fees are & tipping out DJ & such. If the club gives you a receipt for the 'taxes' they collected from you. Best to keep it & turn it into the IRS come tax time. Surprising how many clubs don't report that money they take in that way...

Comfortable worn in high heels. Forget about garters & thigh high panty hose. Read up on local laws for strip clubs. Some States may require you to get a license to dance.

Never was worried about guys being creeps as I was a drunk puking down my back during a table dance.

Do NOT date the bouncers, DJ, bartender or any of the management. They go through gals like crazy.

If you are too nervous, you can always apply to be a waitress and start off that way. This way you get to know the customers & other dancers, make money and see how it all works.
    Video blogs on Camming industry & how to succeed at camming.

Personality is the glitter that sends your little gleam across the footlights and the orchestra pit into that big black space where the audience is. Mae West

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Life is about more than making as much money as possible. No one can ever take an education away from you, and having a degree will never hurt your job prospects (it will only open doors). That said, i think that there's a lot of value in all sorts of different approaches, depending on who you are and how confident you feel about your path. It can be a great idea to start at a community college, for example, or even get a job right out of high school instead of diving straight into college, to get a sense of what you do and don't like. You can dance while interning at a place where they offer careers that interest you, to build your resume and hone in on a path.

When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail - we have some big opinions on here about the "worth-it" factor of going to college, because degrees aren't for everyone. That said, it's an individual decision. I am so grateful every day that i have my degree and that i didn't drop out of college to pursue more money, temporarily, in sex work - i burned out years before i expected to.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,031 Times in 1,792 Posts
    My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by Sam38g View Post
    I don't understand why you want to go to college? When so many college graduates really don't make good money once graduating. Especially when so many women with degrees end up in the sex industry in one form or another? What is the use of a degree? Not to mention once you have that degree your past sex work will be used to discriminate against you...

So what that your parents won't pay for your college, even if they are rich. You are an adult now, make better life choices than your parents if you don't like them as people. I know many successful people who came from the worst neighborhoods & grew up in foster care.

What makes you think that college campus won't be just as dangerous as a strip club? Women are raped all the time on college campus & their rapist keep going to classes & never even get questioned by the cops. I was much safer in a strip club than I ever was at a Frat party. Hate reading those old tropes of how strip clubs are more dangerous than so called real jobs, when danger exist for all women at all times. There will never be a time where you can let your guard down, especially when any man holds a position of power above your position.

There are gross customers & bosses at every job, it is a fact of life. Shouldn't be, but just is. Strip club will help you grow up fast & how to deal with such creeps better than any college. It will teach you how to hustle & land on your feet without a student loan debt to pay back.

Trade schools are faster, cheaper & lead to better paying jobs. There is a major shortage of people needed in trade jobs.
    They have bouncers & security at clubs along with cameras too...I think it's safe if you need help if anything happens. Some clubs even have people walk you to your car. Only one club I was at didn't have a bouncer and had fake security cameras (they're closed down now thank god) and it made me so annoyed because you're there for safety.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,031 Times in 1,792 Posts
    My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by charlie61 View Post
    Life is about more than making as much money as possible. No one can ever take an education away from you, and having a degree will never hurt your job prospects (it will only open doors). That said, i think that there's a lot of value in all sorts of different approaches, depending on who you are and how confident you feel about your path. It can be a great idea to start at a community college, for example, or even get a job right out of high school instead of diving straight into college, to get a sense of what you do and don't like. You can dance while interning at a place where they offer careers that interest you, to build your resume and hone in on a path.

When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail - we have some big opinions on here about the "worth-it" factor of going to college, because degrees aren't for everyone. That said, it's an individual decision. I am so grateful every day that i have my degree and that i didn't drop out of college to pursue more money, temporarily, in sex work - i burned out years before i expected to.
    So true. Having something to fall back on would be great! I love it when celeb's go to college despite making millions. Makes you feel better about yourself too for accomplishing something.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Don't spend much time in the dressing room even if it's slow instead practice on your dancing. Never spend more than a few songs with a customer if he hasn't given you money to talk or a dance, you're not here for free or play & politely excuse yourself.
    I notice that pervert customers don't spend much/purchase champagne rooms so I personally don't entertain them or I'll finesse their little money & go. Have fun!
    Social media: Jaziesjournal

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Taytum Jae For This Useful Post: