Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: If you're fully Vaccinated, you can stop wearing a MASK!!

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,512 Times in 1,772 Posts

Default Re: If you're fully Vaccinated, you can stop wearing a MASK!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marina Starr View Post
    Congrats!

People all over the world are dying for a vaccine and we have to pay people to take it in America.

I had a doctor from Australia in my room and I was like what are your plans this weekend? He said he was still in lock down. I told him, “I’m vaccinated I’m going out this weekend.” I was just like, “Wow, my privilege is showing.” I’m just going to the lake. I’m still not ready to be indoors without a mask. I’m just gonna wait and see how everyone else is doing before taking my mask off completely.

Life is stranger than fiction
    Last edited by moneybags; 05-30-2021 at 11:34 AM.
    Focus more on what you want than on what you donít want

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,831 Times in 3,964 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrownFox View Post
    As of today, it's been two weeks since my son and I got our second dose of Pfizer.
    Were you able to get through it without throwing up?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moneybags View Post
    I had a doctor from Australia in my room and I was like what are your plans this weekend? He said he was still in lock down. I told him, “I’m vaccinated I’m going out this weekend.” I was just like, “Wow, my privilege is showing.” I’m just going to the lake. I’m still not ready to be indoors without a mask. I’m just gonna wait and see how everyone else is doing before taking my mask off completely.

Life is stranger than fiction
    Yes but Australia and NZ went into hard lockdown and wiped the virus out. They had full soccer stadiums of fans nearly a year ago. This is to stop a second wave, for 7 days. They actually do it, not like in US where half the peeps say "I'm not a sheep, it's not real, restricts my freedom", etc.
    Originally Posted by
    I don't know what it is about me that says "wife me up." Everyone wants to choke me or date me. Or both. This job is weird.

Originally Posted by Nocturnelle
    ... Kittens are assholes but they're just so darn cute.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CFMNH44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 984 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFMNH44 View Post
    Yes but Australia and NZ went into hard lockdown and wiped the virus out. They had full soccer stadiums of fans nearly a year ago. This is to stop a second wave, for 7 days. They actually do it, not like in US where half the peeps say "I'm not a sheep, it's not real, restricts my freedom", etc.
    No offence, but let 'em just DIE. They're too stupid to live, anyway. This virus is like a Chainsaw. They catch it, we won't be dealing with them long.

To anyone that wants to overreact to that, it was sardonic. It sucks that I have to clarify that but there are certain people, including Women here, that hate my guts and are willing and ready to take everything out of context.
    Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it

Thanks
    Thanked 19,450 Times in 6,278 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2 View Post
    Were you able to get through it without throwing up?

Yes, I got through it without throwing up! I didn't even get the low-grade fever that I had after the first dose. Only a little arm soreness, so I skipped lifting weights on that arm that night.
    "This isn't Burger King. You can't have it your way." - Tim McManus on HBO's Oz

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheBrownFox For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...onic-long-haul

Doing late night research.

Anyways, they don’t know if the vaccines mean a mild breakthrough case means you can’t get long COVID. My friend was healthy and didn’t have a severe infection and got long haulers.

I’m a prenursing major, so I’ll be doing a lot reading about this and need to understand this as unfortunately long covid is the next crisis for health professionals to confront after we get things under control with vaccines.

I will keep posting my findings as I think it benefits the group-most of is are in contact with many people if you do IRL work. Although, I do think the average vaccinated person will be just fine. Not trying to be an alarmist. I’m sure most of you will be fine if you are going back to IRL. We all have to look at risk vs benefit. We’re all kind guinea pigs right now. The scientists can only make hypothesis and they can be right or they can be very wrong. This disease is too new to have any certainty about how things will evolve.

Just want to share want I found.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 848 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Inspired

Moneybags, I really appreciate this. I am wondering when it will be safe to work outside the home (something I'd only do PT, but still). I am also curious how my children will be affected (hopefully not at all, but I'd like to know what I am dealing with) and how this will impact the upcoming cold and flu season.

We had such an easy cold/flu season this past year and it seems like flu flatlined, which was nice! I know that won't happen this fall, but I am wondering what I should expect since I am guessing Covid cases will go up then, too. Long Covid is scary-I'm hoping once we learn more, it won't seem that way.
    Best Threads on SW! Curvy Winona's Camming Bookmarks!

Just waiting to feel your kiss, rubbing my lips, your energy is turning me on...

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JenniferNorth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,229 Times in 1,901 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

After my 2 weeks is up Im planning on going to party in nyc clubs after being locked awaay for the last year. I feel pretty safe doing so. Haven't decided if I'll wear a mask indoors there or not yet. Possibly so. Either way Im starting to live life again, slowly and surely.
    "Alot of people are afraid to say what they want, that's why they don't get what they want"~ Madonna

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

This is really good! It helped ease my anxiety and answered all the questions I have. Still waiting for herd immunity before going back to the club (if I do.) They say low community spread and high vaccine rates are important to being able to go back to normal-especially for people like me who are very risk adverse.

Also, they expect the vaccine to be long lasting unless there’s a variant. Which there’s always going to be variants, but a variant that’s mutated enough the vaccines don’t work. Because it’s a wanna be DNA virus they don’t expect it to mutate much.

Also, the expect to have long lasting immunity with this vaccine. Good news!
    Last edited by moneybags; 06-04-2021 at 05:50 AM.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

Quote Originally Posted by moneybags View Post
    This is really good! It helped ease my anxiety and answered all the questions I have. Still waiting for herd immunity before going back to the club (if I do.) They say low community spread and high vaccine rates are important to being able to go back to normal-especially for people like me who are very risk adverse.

Also, they expect the vaccine to be long lasting unless there’s a variant. Which there’s always going to be variants, but a variant that’s mutated enough the vaccines don’t work. Because it’s a wanna be DNA virus they don’t expect it to mutate much.

Also, the expect to have long lasting immunity with this vaccine. Good news!
    Wow awesome! What do you mean by long lasting immunity? Will we need another in the next year or? I'm fully vaxxed on Monday, my 2 week mark after my 2nd shot & am feeling more relieved but still careful until then.
    "Alot of people are afraid to say what they want, that's why they don't get what they want"~ Madonna

"Respect is a dying art"

Featured Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxxGothBarbie View Post
    Wow awesome! What do you mean by long lasting immunity? Will we need another in the next year or? I'm fully vaxxed on Monday, my 2 week mark after my 2nd shot & am feeling more relieved but still careful until then.
    Typically coronaviruses have long lasting immunity. Usually people in their 60’s and 70’s hardly get colds because they have a lifetime of immunity. We get yearly flu shots for different strains, so that’s a possibility. They may just bundle the flu shot and coronavirus shot up in one yearly vaccine. That’s what we do with childhood vaccines, it actually makes some vaccines work better when you inject them all at the same time.

I’m not a doctor though.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,798 Times in 6,509 Posts

This made me so proud to be an American. I bet people in these countries are glad to have a vaccine without thinking what's in it for them to get vaccinated!

Screenshot 2021-06-10 5.08.48 PM.png

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Marina Starr For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

^^^ it’s also in our self interest to make sure everyone in the world gets vaccinated to prevent new mutations.

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

This made me so proud to be an American. I bet people in these countries are glad to have a vaccine without thinking what's in it for them to get vaccinated!

Screenshot 2021-06-10 5.08.48 PM.png
    Actually Americans are not the only ones who think what is in it for them to get vaccinated. A lot of people from Balkans hesitate, too, and in Ukraine, in Russia. I think it's because they don't trust their governments. There 's a lot of paranoia about all this. It's not about being a sheep like these anti vaxxers say in the USA, they mostly worry they will be ill after being vaccinated.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Luci Fer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hesitation is normal. What I meant by 'what's in it for them' is here in America, we have to give prizes and pay money (millions) to people to get them vaccinated. I find that appalling when there are countries that do not have access to vaccines. We are so blessed and privileged and there are people taking that for granted!

Quote Originally Posted by Luci Fer View Post
    Actually Americans are not the only ones who think what is in it for them to get vaccinated. A lot of people from Balkans hesitate, too, and in Ukraine, in Russia. I think it's because they don't trust their governments. There 's a lot of paranoia about all this. It's not about being a sheep like these anti vaxxers say in the USA, they mostly worry they will be ill after being vaccinated.
    Last edited by Marina Starr; 06-13-2021 at 07:49 AM.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Marina Starr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Hesitation is normal. What I meant by 'what's in it for them' is here in America, we have to give prizes and pay money (millions) to people to get them vaccinated. I find that appalling when there are countries that do not have access to vaccines. We are so blessed and privileged and there are people taking that for granted!
    Yeah, I understood it as they have a certain 'idea', so they refuse to do it because of the 'idea', not because of any reasonable concerns. it could even be a simple stubbornness, too, I guess.
    I bet if they paid for vaccination, the process would go faster though (everywhere, not just in the States) They should really think about it lolol

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Luci Fer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,984 Times in 5,852 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Luci Fer View Post
    Yeah, I understood it as they have a certain 'idea', so they refuse to do it because of the 'idea', not because of any reasonable concerns. it could even be a simple stubbornness, too, I guess.
    I bet if they paid for vaccination, the process would go faster though (everywhere, not just in the States) They should really think about it lolol

I was willing to pay for the vaccine.

To me the hardest part of Quarantine was making a mental note to not keep social ties to people who loudly protested the vaccine. I kept thinking, What the f*ck is wrong with you?

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Even if you are fully vaccinated, the CDC still recommends that you mind your damn business. If people still want to social distance and wear a mask, let them be!

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Marina Starr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Quote Originally Posted by SnuffleUffleGrass View Post
    I was willing to pay for the vaccine.

To me the hardest part of Quarantine was making a mental note to not keep social ties to people who loudly protested the vaccine. I kept thinking, What the f*ck is wrong with you?
    Yeah, I meant it the other way around talking about get paid for that though, but that would work too. Somehow people are suspicious about free stuff.
    I am fine with people having their own opinions about getting/not getting vaccinated, but I don't like when they make everyone know about them and persuade others.
    I agree with Marina - let them all wear masks and stay tf away lol no matter if they re vaxxed or not.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luci Fer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Covid cases and deaths have decreased by 90%. Thatís a HUGE SUCCESS FOR America! By July 4th, about 68% of adults will be vaccinated. A bit shy of the 70% goal. President Biden did his job. He made it available. I give the Biden administration huge credit for the strides we've made against COVID. If there wasnít vaccine hesitancy due to all the misinformation, we could be at 80-85%.

Good job, America!!!!!!

1479304068-clapping-obamas.gif

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Marina Starr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 27,882 Times in 10,222 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

^you know Trump is in the cut somewhere taking credit

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

Thats wonderful news!

"Respect is a dying art"

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

There was a small covid outbreak in a county government building in Florida. The one person who didn't die and wasn't hospitalized, was the one person who was vaccinated.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/only-...200719627.html
    Last edited by eagle2; 06-22-2021 at 11:43 PM.

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 629 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2 View Post
    There was a small covid outbreak in a county government building in Florida. The one person who didn't die and wasn't hospitalized, was the one person who was vaccinated.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/only-...200719627.html
    Dead link. Goes nowhere- "No webpage found".
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

God/dess
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stoner View Post
    Dead link. Goes nowhere- "No webpage found".
    It works for me. Here's a link to a local news site with the story:

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/ne...eak-in-manatee

47. The Following User Says Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast