Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Israeli / Hamas conflict

Thanks
    Thanked 1,569 Times in 990 Posts

Default The Israeli / Hamas conflict

I don't know how cool this is gonna be, but fuck it. Djoser can just close it if he wants.

Hamas is launching rockets at Israel, and Israel is doing airstrikes on Gaza. Just hit military targets and leave civilians alone. Somebody joins the army, they know what they're getting into. If you're a kid walking to school, or just some dude going to work, you shouldn't have to die, or worry about dying. On either side. I really hate it when Civilians get killed. Most of these people are just regular people. And that statement includes Israelis. This whole thing is just madness!

This post isn't really about politics, it's about Civilian deaths (Including little kids). And that's something that all thinking people should freak out about. I don't care about politics in this case, both sides should have some Humanity and not launch a missile at a SCHOOL!
    Last edited by Raziel; 05-17-2021 at 09:24 AM.
    Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Raziel For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

Default Re: The Israeli / Hamas conflict

Agree. But do the Palestinians have any military targets? Aren't they basically refuges? Like since 1942?
    This situation has gone on for far too long, longer than we have been alive, seems to have no solution. Race and religion based, used to be rock throwing, now supported with sophisticated weapons for both sides by proxy governments. Primarily the US and Iran. The senseless killing 'to send a message' just creates a new generation of revenge seekers. Sad.
    Originally Posted by
    I don't know what it is about me that says "wife me up." Everyone wants to choke me or date me. Or both. This job is weird.

Originally Posted by Nocturnelle
    ... Kittens are assholes but they're just so darn cute.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CFMNH44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Well, sort of they have Military targets. It's usually in some Warehouse or something. And they hide behind Civilians (Whom, by the way, have guns to their heads to FORCE them to be Human shields). But Israel isn't much better. Israel is just so used to being attacked that they retaliate with immense force. I would normally agree with that, fucking carpet bomb these terrorists (Not every Arab is an Angel sent from Heaven), but not against Civies. Blow the fuck outta Hamas, but TRY to not kill any Civilians.

I think it's like fifty little kids that died so far.
    Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it

Thanks

You hit 'em back and you hit 'em REAL hard. Make sure and certain that they never fuck with you again. But leave Civilians alone. These folks are NOT fighting you, they're just trying to get by. No reason on Earth to kill them. Killing them will just create more Terrorists, and we've got enough of them. We're full.
    Last edited by Raziel; 05-17-2021 at 05:10 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Raziel For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,801 Times in 2,587 Posts

War....what is it good for.....

(Just trying to add some levity to a heartbreaking situation.)
    Last edited by moneybags; 05-17-2021 at 10:28 PM.
    Focus more on what you want than on what you donít want

9. The Following User Says Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,405 Times in 870 Posts

I love a good discussion but this is Pure POLITICS ! Pretending otherwise is fooling no one.
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks

Killing little kids is not politics.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Raziel For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

Politics? Like the current administration blocking the UN vote and supplying weapons? But wait, I thought this issue was solved by Jared Kushner's Peace Mission Trip?! There, I think i equally insulted both parties equally, LOL feeling chippy today, sorry DJoser...
    Originally Posted by
    I don't know what it is about me that says "wife me up." Everyone wants to choke me or date me. Or both. This job is weird.

Originally Posted by Nocturnelle
    ... Kittens are assholes but they're just so darn cute.

Thanks

If the guidelines have been loosened to permit discussion of current events and other topical issues I am all in favor.

On this particular issue I don't think there is any comparison between Israel and Hamas. The Israeli Court decision that supposedly sparked this latest conflict was correct on the facts and the law. Property was restored to Jewish families that held title prior to 1948 and where the Arab residents did not have legal title from the Jordanian government. Netanyahu is not going to give in and has already told Biden to go copulate with himself. The reason there are so many "civilian " casualties is because Hamas has imbedded itself with civilians guaranteeing collateral damage. The media have let themselves be used for Hamas propaganda by highlighting innocent victims and not showing dead and wounded Hamas fighters.

It is a WAR ! Women, children and other civilians die in wars. Always have , always will.

Hamas and Hezbollah have made no secret of their desire to kill or drive out ALL Jews from Israel. They are supported by Iran which is Israel's sworn enemy. Hamas has not received any support from other Arab countries. Why do you think that is ?
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Stoner For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stoner View Post
    It is a WAR ! Women, children and other civilians die in wars. Always have , always will.
    I didn't say there was! This is about Women and Children getting fucking BOMBED, on both sides. Make no mistake. I see your point, but Civvies getting killed really bothers me. I don't give a shit whom they are. OR who killed them. They shouldn't be dead. They had no part in this.

Thanks

The so called "innocent" have been suffering in that part of the world for generations.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks
    Thanked 7,449 Times in 2,698 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

The reason there are so many "civilian " casualties is because Hamas has imbedded itself with civilians guaranteeing collateral damage. The media have let themselves be used for Hamas propaganda by highlighting innocent victims and not showing dead and wounded Hamas fighters.

Hamas and Hezbollah have made no secret of their desire to kill or drive out ALL Jews from Israel. They are supported by Iran which is Israel's sworn enemy. Hamas has not received any support from other Arab countries. Why do you think that is ?
    Yup, it's the same song and dance every time.

Hamas gets upset over some policy or dispute and they respond by indiscriminately firing rockets into Israeli civilian areas. When Israel tries to put a stop to it, they find the perps hiding behind their own women and children. Which of course is by design because collateral damage is nearly impossible to avoid, at which point the very same people who used their own women and children as human shields cry out in feigned outrage that Israel is killing civilians.

Heck senior Hamas leaders even hid in a building full of foreign press. Imagine their delight if Israel had taken the bait and killed a bunch of foreign reporters.

In the meantime nobody asks questions like: (1) how Hamas got it 's hands on 4,000+ rockets in the first place, which obviously required planning; (2) why they were using their own people as human shields; or (3) why they keep choosing Israeli civilians targets from the outset. Nope, instead let's blame Israel for trying to stop Hamas from killing its people because of course the Israelis just have to be the bad guys.

Rinse, repeat.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rickdugan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The so called "innocent" have been suffering in that part of the world for generations.
    And it's always the innocent that suffer the most. And they're not "so called" innocent. Their political beliefs do not matter. Do you really want someone that works at a gas station and goes home to his family KILLED? Or a little KID? Most of these folks are just regular people.

And Rick, yes, it's the same song and dance, not arguing with you there. The Middle East has always been a hotbed. And Hamas is firing rockets into Israel, no argument there. I'm just saying don't kill women and children, that's it. PALESTINIANS have died because of Hamas. Carpet bomb those dudes into the STONE AGE, get rid to them.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Raziel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel View Post
    And Rick, yes, it's the same song and dance, not arguing with you there. The Middle East has always been a hotbed. And Hamas is firing rockets into Israel, no argument there. I'm just saying don't kill women and children, that's it. PALESTINIANS have died because of Hamas. Carpet bomb those dudes into the STONE AGE, get rid to them.
    Sounds great in theory, but when they're using women and children as human shields while they keep firing their rockets, even the best laid plans are not going to be foolproof. The rockets have to be stopped or else the enemy will just become more emboldened and kill yet more Israelis. Israel is very much trying to limit civilian casualties. They even called the reporters and told them to evacuate the building in which Hamas leaders were hiding, even though they knew that it would tip off the enemy too. But nothing works perfectly when the bad guys intentionally put their own women and children in harm's way.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to rickdugan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Look, in this conflict I am very much on the side of Israel. They were the ones that were attacked. Hamas is a terrorist organization that needs to go. They do more damage to their own people than they solve. I just feel that Israel needs to be more careful in whom they bomb. That's it.

Thanks

One dead Kid is one too many. Even one.

Thanks

OK there's apparently now a ceasefire. Unfortunately, last time this happened there were like TEN ceasefires (And I'm not being hyperbolic, literally TEN. It lasted like 51 days). We shall see.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel View Post
    One dead Kid is one too many. Even one.
    Unfortunately that ship sailed the second that Hamas started firing thousands of rockets at civilian targets while hiding behind their own civilians. It's a Catch 22 - you can't stop the rockets from killing your civilians if you don't go after them, but it's nearly impossible to avoid civilian casualties when you do because the enemy is using their own as human shields. At that point, the best you can do is to try to minimize collateral casualties as much as possible.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to rickdugan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Like many of these little wars, this one has a starting event. Usually it is against Muslims in Israel, as it is this time, at the al Aqsa Mosque. The Muslims living in Israel have so little power against injustices, that it is no surprise that their only power is Hamas retaliations. This is because of the Apartheid that Iseael inflicts on Palestinians, as well as the profusion of settlements, which preclude the Two State Solution which Netanyahoo is completely against. Justhow does he expect peace except by further subjugation ? Insight: he doesn't.
    I believe he would rather wipe out the Palestinians, a process which I call genocide. This is if such is a retribution again the the Holocaust, but different people are involved.
    I loved going to strip clubs; I actually made some friends there. Now things are different for the clubs and for me. As a result I am not as happy.

Customers are not entitled to grope, disrespect, or rob strippers. This is their job, not their hobby, and they all need income. Clubs are not just some erotic show for guys to view while drinking.

NOTE: anything I post here, outside of a direct quote, is my opinion only, which I am entitled to. Take it for what you estimate it is worth.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by threlayer View Post
    Like many of these little wars, this one has a starting event. Usually it is against Muslims in Israel, as it is this time, at the al Aqsa Mosque. The Muslims living in Israel have so little power against injustices, that it is no surprise that their only power is Hamas retaliations. This is because of the Apartheid that Iseael inflicts on Palestinians, as well as the profusion of settlements, which preclude the Two State Solution which Netanyahoo is completely against. Justhow does he expect peace except by further subjugation ? Insight: he doesn't.
    I believe he would rather wipe out the Palestinians, a process which I call genocide. This is if such is a retribution again the the Holocaust, but different people are involved.
    I think this is why politics is SUPPOSED to be avoided on this board. Your post is so factually delinquent and so biased against Israel that it is hard to know where to begin in trying to set the record straight.
    Israel did NOT start firing rockets at Gaza. Hamas started by firing rockets at Israel. Indiscriminately. Israel made an effort to avoid civilian casualties.
    Muslim and Christian Arabs living IN Israel have all the rights of Israeli citizens. About 20% of the Knesset is made up of Arab members. They can live anywhere they want. Those Palestinians living in Gaza are forced to live in a festering sore of a huge refugee camp under HAMAS; not Israel. On the West Bank it is the Palestinian Authority under Abbas who btw is in the 19th year of his original four year term as President. They were supposed to have an election but as soon as he realized he would lose to Hamas he canceled it. Again. As he has done several times in the past.
    It is true that Israel's hands are not as clean as they would like the world to think. They have put settlements where they do not belong. They do abuse some Arabs in the West Bank. They have stolen Arab land to build and expand settlements in the name of national security.
    The best indication that the equities are more on the Israeli side than Hamas is the deafening silence from Egypt, Jordan and most other Arab states. They are well aware that Hamas is an Iranian proxy and that Iran has been supplying weapons and other aid to try and destabilize the region.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Stoner For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

The best indication that the equities are more on the Israeli side than Hamas is the deafening silence from Egypt, Jordan and most other Arab states. They are well aware that Hamas is an Iranian proxy and that Iran has been supplying weapons and other aid to try and destabilize the region.
    Eh? why does the opinion of Israeli allies mean anything in any sort of logical argument? I am sure your friends say you are a swell guy but I am not putting much stock in that opinion (no offense)

In the end, what matters is that the mood is shifting, Israel was untouchable 2 weeks ago, but after everybody realized they started this round of war public opinion in the US shifted dramatically with the Democrats and even Jews calling Bibi out. This was unthinkable and almost part of rightwing cancel culture just 2+ weeks ago.

The less power the alt-right hold, the better.

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,977 Times in 4,522 Posts

It's not the "alt right" that supports Israel. The "alt right" is against Israel and hates Jews. Israel didn't start the war. Hamas did, by firing rockets into Israel.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2 View Post
    It's not the "alt right" that supports Israel. The "alt right" is against Israel and hates Jews. Israel didn't start the war. Hamas did, by firing rockets into Israel.
    No, you are thinking white supremacists, the alt right is Trump, Tucker, Cruz, Bibi, etc they are basically 1000% pro Israel

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeathAndTaxes View Post
    No, you are thinking white supremacists, the alt right is Trump, Tucker, Cruz, Bibi, etc they are basically 1000% pro Israel
    They might be Pro-Israel, but they are against American Jews. They are pro Jews as long as they live overseas. And they're only pro Israel because they're told to be by Fox and the Orange Monster in Maralago.

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,977 Times in 4,522 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DeathAndTaxes View Post
    White supremacists are alt right. "Alt" is short for "alternate". Trump, Tucker, and Cruz are not "alternate". They are mainstream right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt-right

"Alt-right", an abbreviation of alternative right, refers to a loosely connected far-right, white nationalist movement. A largely online phenomenon, the alt-right originated in the United States during the 2010s, although it has since established a presence in various other countries. The term is ill-defined, having been used in different ways by various self-described "alt-rightists", media commentators, and academics. Groups which have been identified as alt-right also espouse white supremacism, white separatism, right-wing populism, anti-immigration, racism, anti-communism, anti-Zionism, antisemitism, Holocaust denial, xenophobia, anti-intellectualism, antifeminism, homophobia, and Islamophobia.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast