Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you prefer dayshift or nightshift and why?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,431 Times in 3,618 Posts

Default Re: Do you prefer dayshift or nightshift and why?

Quote Originally Posted by charlie61 View Post
    This is such a good point. Dayshift customers can visually SEE the desperation due to the lack of volume. It's usually a much slower hustle, way more emotional labor, and customers are less likely to pay to keep you to themselves, when they know you have nowhere else to be. "Fake busy" is a legit strategy, lol!
    This is definitely something to pay attention to. If it's slow, you do not want them to think you *care* about it being slow.

When I encountered dayshift customers who played that game when it was dead, I would give them my standard 10 minutes or so max and then if they weren't ready or wanted to play games or haggle or whatever, I'd graciously excuse myself and go be 'busy'. Sometimes that was talking to a manager or DJ (which I consider building social capital for if I need a favor later, lol). Sometimes it was reading a book or doing homework at the bar. Sometimes I'd go sit in the back for a while.

I always kept a pleasant demeanor and didn't let them think I was bothered by it being slow. I can't tell you how many times that customer would appear at my next stage and ask for dances because I was the only one NOT being pushy or desperate. Sometimes they'd come bother me while I was reading or whatever; I'd still act completely unconcerned but pleasant. Sometimes I'd make a joke about "Well I'm putting my brain to work, unless you'd like to put me to work some other way? " Again, often resulted in dances.
    "People jack off with the left hand and point with the right."

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,952 Times in 5,461 Posts

Lately I've been all about 4 - Midnight. I know that 4-7 range is a little risky and I might not make anything but *sometimes* I do so I absorb the risk v.s. anxiety starting late. I get into anxious energy starting late. If I "wait " all day to get into the club I feel like it puts so much pressure on to stay late . If it's slow the first few hours I just do little tasks for my day job out of sight of customers from my phone .

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,244 Times in 809 Posts
    My Mood
    Mellow

I used to be a night shift girl, but lately I've been working day shift. With things just opening back up and club hours going back to normal, we don't have many girls, things are relaxed, and I still make good money. I also get decent regulars.

I have been working days now that I've been back, but plan to work Saturday nights since those are always pretty good too. Working night shift tonight, too.
    "Rather have my feet hurting than my pockets."

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nina_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 18,418 Times in 5,993 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carmen_b View Post
    Lately I've been all about 4 - Midnight. I know that 4-7 range is a little risky and I might not make anything but *sometimes* I do so I absorb the risk v.s. anxiety starting late. I get into anxious energy starting late. If I "wait " all day to get into the club I feel like it puts so much pressure on to stay late . If it's slow the first few hours I just do little tasks for my day job out of sight of customers from my phone .
    Good point - showing up super late and trying to cram $$$ into just a few hours from 10-2 can cause just as much anxiety as a slow dayshift!

So basically, when it comes to dayshift, YMMV.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,952 Times in 5,461 Posts

^ Anytime you are in a strip club it might be a great day OR a waste of time so I think the best time is really the easiest for you to spare!

I also feel like if you can even get house fee ( and if traveling your hotel for example ) covered from like 4-6:30 then you can at least start " even " and in profit making mode as it is picking up. Discretion is another reason I do a little earlier. It's a lot easier for security to " get to " someone trying to sneak taking picture early v.s. later . I have wished for phone checks the last two years only to sadly not see it happen at clubs.
    Last edited by carmen_b; 06-06-2021 at 12:45 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,918 Times in 2,172 Posts

I liked days when I had regulars lined up. When I didn't, I'd go in at night. The last half hour before closing was usually pretty lucrative. Funny how they seem to wait till the end to get dances because it finally dawns on them that nobody is going to leave the club/go home with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by We had a rabbit like you View Post
    And I'm over here like "fuck you, pay me". No non sense, sorry.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,079 Times in 1,807 Posts
    My Mood
    Devilish

I remember this hot french girl who had the right proportions including in the booty department and she'd show up starting at 1-4am and just cleaned house and they'd keep the place open until she was done hahaha. She never was on schedule. She refused to date the owner unless it was 10k a month and required a car. Kinda infuriated me because I was the one doing more but she was a true saleswoman.

I think we all know men prefer night.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Selina M View Post
    "Season" here is December - April. If it's slow in January, you hear "Oh they're broke from holiday credit card bills." In March you hear "Oh they're taking their kids on spring break". Etc. The rest of the year it's "Oh it's not season". It's always something
    Isn't dayshift dependent on season? I remember several daytime girls telling me the start of football season is where business picks up. I also remember clocking in faithfully on Labor Day weekend since a lot of customers show up and spend and as well the start of stripper season.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,431 Times in 3,618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 305gurl View Post
    Isn't dayshift dependent on season? I remember several daytime girls telling me the start of football season is where business picks up. I also remember clocking in faithfully on Labor Day weekend since a lot of customers show up and spend and as well the start of stripper season.
    YMMV but all I know is that I really had no trouble paying my bills at any time of the year, day or night shift

I fucking hated football nights, at one point I stopped working Monday & Thursday because I was sick of the kind of douchebags who watched it.
    "People jack off with the left hand and point with the right."

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,389 Times in 4,345 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    In Love

"Fake tits are like Kevlar. They don't guarantee your chances of survival but they sure as hell improve it."
    Tempest

19. The Following User Says Thank You to tempest666 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,967 Times in 2,215 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

I remember working at a club that forced 1day shift . I would just sit there like a zombie.
    xoxo

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chanzep For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,967 Times in 2,215 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

I remember working at a club that forced 1day shift . I would just sit there like a zombie.
    xoxo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12