Thread: Becoming a 'top girl' in NYC.

Thanks

Default Becoming a 'top girl' in NYC.

Oh boy. So basically, I'm a full time dancer who's worked in Manhattan clubs for about 2.5 years now. I have a goal to become one of the go-to room girls at a club I just started at. I know establishing yourself at an upscale club is hard enough. I also know that a LOT of the 'on call' room girls at my main club do extras or sell coke. I've been straight up with the hosts at this new club (the ones at my main like to play games/there's been a bit of conflict between us - I tipped and they never pulled me, so I don't bother trying anymore) that I want to work with them and have no problem doing so.

My only issue - when you're not a main girl but still experienced in the clubs here, you don't get the chance to really have these high end spenders regularly to build a roster. So how do I get over this hump? I was thrown into a room this week and tipped big on it, made a bag, and it was bliss. I want that all the time! Is there anyone who can like, clarify what these secret unspoken rules are to get 'in' or advise otherwise? Thanks dears.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Default Re: Becoming a 'top girl' in NYC.

I don't tip every host or waitress at a club or I would come home broke. Who's the main? Find the person who's actually in control and tip them, like head waitress or head bar. That's how I've always made the most money being pulled into rooms. Only time it didn't work is if the club I worked didn't have someone who served that function. If that's really not an option and no one is willing to work with you, make yourself available and be in the way when girls are being picked for a room. I can't tell you how many rooms I've gotten because I was there and said I wanted in, no other reason lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Futterwacken For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The hosts are the main, waitresses here don't do much. Thing is I have already done this and didn't see results, when they're constantly throwing other girls in rooms. I will definitely try the hard approach and be way more aggressive I guess, grab the guy's arm and shit it just kinda feels...desperate to me. LOL

Thanks
    Thanked 18,714 Times in 6,092 Posts

Is something else going on that's out of your control, maybe? Like the girls who are getting picked for rooms, are they giving the hosts huge tips, drugs, other favors? As a host, it seems like if you're getting good tips from all of the girls who want rooms, then it'd come down to stuff like tenure and which girls are giving more than the others.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I mean....a lot of them, more than half are just doing extras, some others tipping big. They definitely have tenure bc of it. To explain more when I first started the hosts would 'test' me to see how much I'd give them in tips/if I do well in dirty rooms which I obviously fucking don't?? So I learned as a baby QUICK who sucks dick in the back haha. I'm not concerned about those girls, but I do know that there are clean ones who get picked often. Definitely not as much as the dirties who get picked every night.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sherbertloud For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,218 Times in 1,897 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Just from my experience in Vegas, it didn't matter who I tipped to get into vip. I learned that the hard way one night after trying to befriend a head host girl & she snubbed me after I gave her money. From there on out I got myself into vip aggressivly by literally pulling the guy into the room lol

It was funny bc that host girl was so totally annoyed by me making $ after that on my own hahahaha
    I think it's better to work alone (so to speak) that way you don't have to kiss anyone's ass in hopes of anything.
    My advice? Stand there next to the vip room entrance & hustle every guy that walks by before the other gals get a chance. Be a shark.
    That is how I learned the art of getting vips.
    "Alot of people are afraid to say what they want, that's why they don't get what they want"~ Madonna

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

DUDE this was my EXACT experience. I'd tip and tip when I was new and they wouldn't look twice at me, but got super pissy whenever I pulled my own VIPs and didn't ask the guy to tip them!!! Like???? SO many NYC girls say to tip excessively or you're screwed and I don't get it. Maybe it's my race? Maybe it's just that I don't do extra shit or push coke but EVERY time I've been in a room with an extras girl they guys tipped super low or not at all. It's really just a game to see who will tip 1k on a room. Idk. But if I say this to girls who work there they look at me like I have 3 heads LMAO

I refuse to kiss ass to get basic decent treatment. Like I will kiss ass if you hook me up but I tried and look where it got me. I've been thinking about doing the VIP entrance thing bc so many times the hosts don't even bring guys on the floor, or if they do, they whisk their girls to the guy so fast you can't even run over lol. I'll try doing that but I have a fear of getting in trouble for that? I've seen girls have drama over it...

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sherbertloud For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

Quote Originally Posted by sherbertloud View Post
    DUDE this was my EXACT experience. I'd tip and tip when I was new and they wouldn't look twice at me, but got super pissy whenever I pulled my own VIPs and didn't ask the guy to tip them!!! Like???? SO many NYC girls say to tip excessively or you're screwed and I don't get it. Maybe it's my race? Maybe it's just that I don't do extra shit or push coke but EVERY time I've been in a room with an extras girl they guys tipped super low or not at all. It's really just a game to see who will tip 1k on a room. Idk. But if I say this to girls who work there they look at me like I have 3 heads LMAO

I refuse to kiss ass to get basic decent treatment. Like I will kiss ass if you hook me up but I tried and look where it got me. I've been thinking about doing the VIP entrance thing bc so many times the hosts don't even bring guys on the floor, or if they do, they whisk their girls to the guy so fast you can't even run over lol. I'll try doing that but I have a fear of getting in trouble for that? I've seen girls have drama over it...

YA girl don't ever rely on anyone else to "help" you make your money, biggest & most important rule ever! Nah, unless a manager fires you over "not tipping" to make money? If that's the case I'd be finding a different club anyway. Who cares about the drama! Get ready at home, walk in, put your things in a locker & hit the floor. No talking to anyone but the guys.
    "Alot of people are afraid to say what they want, that's why they don't get what they want"~ Madonna

"Respect is a dying art"

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxxGothBarbie View Post
    YA girl don't ever rely on anyone else to "help" you make your money, biggest & most important rule ever! Nah, unless a manager fires you over "not tipping" to make money? If that's the case I'd be finding a different club anyway. Who cares about the drama! Get ready at home, walk in, put your things in a locker & hit the floor. No talking to anyone but the guys.
    Just needed reassurance that I wasnt crazy LOOOOL

Back to the grind

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sherbertloud For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

I always used to make my customer tip the waitresses/host (when I'm in a vip). It's easiest when you have fun interactions with them, in one club the waitress was my real life friend, so I liked making sure she got looked after (without it coming out of my pocket).

Thanks

TIP *EVERYBODY* involved! Bouncers, Host, Waitress

Let them know you take care of me, I will take care of you.

You never know *who* is getting the info. Did the bouncer at the door radio this guy just walked in looking for hot blonde for room? Does this customer have a favorite waitress? And most of the time hosts know who is spending.

At new clubs, I go right up to the floor guys and say Hey - its my first night here, I like making a lot of money and I will tip you generously. I don't do xyzzy (whatever your terms are) and I don't deal with customers that xys(whatever your terms are)

Lets say you get a guy back here for a few hours and make 2k, give everyone involved generous tip. Host, Bouncer, Waitress, etc

At Rhino I used to tip the f*** out of the bouncer who watched the line for the dance rooms, and I would sit in there with customers instead of taking them to Champagne room. No cuts given to club, waitress (we would tip her though), host etc. Also we called the time and got the money upfront. We would sit in dance room for hours w customers.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExBadAss For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxxGothBarbie View Post
    Every club can be different. I worked almost every big city in the country (that had good clubs and was worthwhile)- NYC gown clubs in my eyes was the most difficult to navigate since guys would be snatched (by staff) into rooms as soon as they entered the club. It seemed very well coordinated amongst floor guys and dancers - and there were soooo many dancers to sooo little dudes. I think this was around 2011, have no idea how they are now. But I do remember having house mom to check my bag due to girls drugging guys. NYC was one of my least favorite cities to work in. ( I worked at Hustlers & Sapphire)
    Last edited by ExBadAss; 06-18-2021 at 10:23 AM.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExBadAss For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,964 Times in 5,845 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Just want to chime in here, not all VIP hounds are dirty back there. If you treat every shift like you need to be pushing guys back there, some will say yes. It's the numbers game, if you work half a dozen customers over with upsells to VIP, at least one or two (or three) will budge.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ExBadAss View Post
    Every club can be different. I worked almost every big city in the country (that had good clubs and was worthwhile)- NYC gown clubs in my eyes was the most difficult to navigate since guys would be snatched (by staff) into rooms as soon as they entered the club. It seemed very well coordinated amongst floor guys and dancers - and there were soooo many dancers to sooo little dudes. I think this was around 2011, have no idea how they are now. But I do remember having house mom to check my bag due to girls drugging guys. NYC was one of my least favorite cities to work in. ( I worked at Hustlers & Sapphire)
    Yup, it's the same shit. Room guys go right to the back door, you can't even get in because they shove you (sometimes literally) out of the way. There are enough dudes when it's not slow season, I've sold my own rooms just fine, but I don't get rooms every night like some of their girls do. And it's annoying because so many of the floor girls have potential to sell their own rooms and they just sneak the big spenders away or plop their own girls on top of the guy. The only girls who have an 'in' are selling coke or doing extras. Or they're light skinned/blonde.

I genuinely might just leave the city because I'm so over the politics. It's just not a good environment. Been here for too long to get treated like I'm new. Or I pray that the Rhino coming to the city is a new start.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to sherbertloud For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ExBadAss View Post
    TIP *EVERYBODY* involved! Bouncers, Host, Waitress

Let them know you take care of me, I will take care of you.

You never know *who* is getting the info. Did the bouncer at the door radio this guy just walked in looking for hot blonde for room? Does this customer have a favorite waitress? And most of the time hosts know who is spending.

At new clubs, I go right up to the floor guys and say Hey - its my first night here, I like making a lot of money and I will tip you generously. I don't do xyzzy (whatever your terms are) and I don't deal with customers that xys(whatever your terms are)

Lets say you get a guy back here for a few hours and make 2k, give everyone involved generous tip. Host, Bouncer, Waitress, etc

At Rhino I used to tip the f*** out of the bouncer who watched the line for the dance rooms, and I would sit in there with customers instead of taking them to Champagne room. No cuts given to club, waitress (we would tip her though), host etc. Also we called the time and got the money upfront. We would sit in dance room for hours w customers.
    I said in my post that I used to do this to the T, explain everything, and they just took my money and pretended I don't exist.

That's my issue. I have no problems working with the hosts at some other places in NYC, just this particular club (which is my home club).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

^ Just do you girl, not all advice is keen. Don't make a ton of money only to have to give it to someone else and end up going home broke. I dgaf what they claim they'll do for you, don't put yourself in that position! A lot of them are gonna favor the girls selling drugs or giving extras bc they know that sells faster than just a legal normal vip. I def wouldn't be paying shit to anyone for that noooope!

"Respect is a dying art"

Thanks

Befriend the top chick or two. That’s the last thing I can think of - i was new to a club once and got a guy in a room and it was early like 7pm and he had a friend so I grabbed the chick that had worked there for years and was kind of queen bee and that led to us working together for years.

Like I said earlier I really did not like NYC. Vegas and New Orleans were the $$$$ spots (for me). Surprisingly Vegas has either girls that know how to hustle or have no idea. Staff will work with you out there if you tip too. I do agree felt NYC was hard to break into staff wise.. Maybe get Airbnb out there for a month and work at Rhino? (But I don’t recommend Vegas during summer). If you want PM me

Thanks

At Rhino in LV I legit sit by the VIP entrance, and can snag the customers right as they walk in- and would put this into practice in NYC as well. If the hosts aren't hooking you up-don't tip them. I only tip a host if they can help me and have proven that they will-otherwise there is no point-why give them your hard earned money?!

Be aggressive- you'd be surprised how many NYC girls are not aggressive at all and do not know how to hustle. I love NYC and there is infinite money to be made there....i promise...esp .exciting about Rhino coming to the city....flash will be certainly pissed off about that one too...LOL....

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sexyblondie77 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Out of curiosity, how much is that hawking tolerated without courting good favor from others? I’ve never worked NYC or Vegas but I have been in Austin. That type of behavior without being “favored” or approved by the “in” girls (and they were all mega door watching hawks themselves) would get you suspended, moved to dayshift, or terminated with some bs excuse from managers. It happened to several when I was living there. Seems like Vegas might not be so bad. Not interested in now but in the future I’m curious.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,456 Times in 3,663 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Maybe it's girls they just trust, aside from everything else? It's hard to work with trusting ppl in this business. Can't think of anything else.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vyanka For This Useful Post:

Thanks

That’s a good point. Also may have established camaraderie and allegiance

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StellaRose View Post
    Out of curiosity, how much is that hawking tolerated without courting good favor from others? I’ve never worked NYC or Vegas but I have been in Austin. That type of behavior without being “favored” or approved by the “in” girls (and they were all mega door watching hawks themselves) would get you suspended, moved to dayshift, or terminated with some bs excuse from managers. It happened to several when I was living there. Seems like Vegas might not be so bad. Not interested in now but in the future I’m curious.
    There's so much money potential during busy seasons in NYC that it doesn't matter. These room girls ARE the 'in' girls. Everyone hawks to a degree here, so it's the norm, not really something that will get you spoken to by management. I know what you mean though, also worked in Austin where it's more "friendly" and girls actually talk to you. Here the girls don't work together or really talk to each other much, it's pretty dog eat dog. That's just big city culture tho, but it's esp prevalent in NYC.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sherbertloud For This Useful Post: