Thread: Do I need a dancer instagram and only fans? Seems like everyone has them now?

Thanks

Default Do I need a dancer instagram and only fans? Seems like everyone has them now?

I only dance part time, but was wondering if I should bite the bullet and create a dancer instagram and an onlyfans. It almost feels like I "need" both as most dancers at the clubs I work at seem to have them now. I'm hesitant just because an only fans sounds like a lot of commitment; does anyone here have neither an insta or an only fans? Pros and cons to having them vs not having them? Do you feel like you are able to still be really successful dancing without them? Would really appreciate input on this! xo

2. The Following User Says Thank You to guineapigmama For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,984 Times in 5,852 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Default Re: Do I need a dancer instagram and only fans? Seems like everyone has them now?

Go for it, social media promotion is part of having a successful business of any kind these days.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,496 Times in 3,626 Posts

Default Re: Do I need a dancer instagram and only fans? Seems like everyone has them now?

I'm of the opposite opinion, it seems to encourage time wasters and guys wanting to talk or get pictures for free

I'm old school and just have a Google Voice number I give to potential regulars. That's enough to keep in contact.
    "People jack off with the left hand and point with the right."

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Opposite too. I don't want my stripper gig be known public. Only see and patronize me in the club. But I do understand of having a stripper Instagram and onlyfans account these days in order to gain more audience and business in an industry where its consumer demographic is changing for the worse.
    Last edited by 305gurl; 06-13-2021 at 06:40 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 305gurl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 23,493 Times in 3,950 Posts

While I don't think you need it to make money in the club, those other ladies are making sure they have multiple streams of income. It depends upon your risk level & how you hustle.
    Video blogs on Camming industry & how to succeed at camming.

Personality is the glitter that sends your little gleam across the footlights and the orchestra pit into that big black space where the audience is. Mae West

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,449 Times in 5,652 Posts

Same !

Quote Originally Posted by Selina M View Post
    I'm of the opposite opinion, it seems to encourage time wasters and guys wanting to talk or get pictures for free

I'm old school and just have a Google Voice number I give to potential regulars. That's enough to keep in contact.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,512 Times in 1,772 Posts

Unless you use IG as funnel it’s not really helpful.
    I’ve seen girls use for vanilla stuff like selling make up and lashes. Then you have a solid cover story.
    Ig isn’t adult friendly, so it’s not worth it for adult business.

Twitter is adult friendly. A lot of cam models advertise on there

Snap chat allows you to charge for a subscription, and is adult friendly.
    Focus more on what you want than on what you donít want

14. The Following User Says Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,253 Times in 809 Posts
    My Mood
    Mellow

I think it depends on your hustle. I personally don't use one, and I do well.
    "Rather have my feet hurting than my pockets."

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nina_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 23,493 Times in 3,950 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moneybags View Post
    Unless you use IG as funnel it’s not really helpful.
    I’ve seen girls use for vanilla stuff like selling make up and lashes. Then you have a solid cover story.
    Ig isn’t adult friendly, so it’s not worth it for adult business.

Twitter is adult friendly. A lot of cam models advertise on there

Snap chat allows you to charge for a subscription, and is adult friendly.

I agree with you for the most part, but have found that twitter converts best for my camming. Instagram converts like crazy for my OF, plus I keep most of my pics sexy but not to sexually explicit on either. Which is how I upsell them, if they want to see more then they can pay for it. Snap chat does delete sex workers accts too, they all do.
    Video blogs on Camming industry & how to succeed at camming.

Personality is the glitter that sends your little gleam across the footlights and the orchestra pit into that big black space where the audience is. Mae West

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Thanks

In general…

If you want customers who skew older and want to make more off each guy, online is not the best way. At best they will be apathetic (even if they like it, it won’t make them open their wallets more) and at worst consider it a turn off. (Because they want their discretion)

If you want to appeal to volume, it can be a tool to get attention and eventually leads. It’s not easy work, have to be persistent with keeping up with things. But develop a habit and it shouldn’t be too bad, like put up a selfie and say “I’ll be at club A during B,C, D nights at these times. It takes time to build a following, but can be done. I think when advertisers for regular products when they do ads or commercials, the standard thing said is that it takes 7 times of being exposed to an ad for a customer to buy. You’re casting your net far.

It would be easier to keep up with that type of thing if you like taking selfies. Or if you’re friends with other dancers on social media as well and can either outright collaborate with others or potential customers go from their profile to yours.

I’ve seen some dancers do this very well so I can’t knock it.

I personally have not done any social media. I think it’s a personality thing because I’m not big into selfies, or networking and extending the friends list. Maybe one day I’ll change that up for the extra challenge, but not right now.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to StellaRose For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member neverendingkneebruises's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

I have them, but I'm totally fine being "out" as a dancer, it's my fulltime job, and the additional streams of income (I make money off OF, Instagram & Tiktok & get sent free stuff so that's cool). I'm also huge into photography so taking those photos is an additional passion/hobby for me. It is absolutely not necessary to be a successful stripper, while I have gotten some customers coming in to see me from online, (if I lived in a bigger city it'd probably be more) most of my VIP room guys come from the club's regular traffic flow. Those are nice surprises when it happens but they definitely don't make up the majority of my income.

If you don't want to risk being outed as a dancer, or if you're planning on transitioning careers, I'd recommend not doing it, for regulars you will be just fine giving them a textfree/google voice number, or even just letting them know the days you work

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neverendingkneebruises For This Useful Post: