Thread: Re: Ex-dancer and I miss it

Thanks

Post Re: Ex-dancer and I miss it

Hey girls!

I posted this a couple of years ago, got more support than I imagined in the replies, and although I haven't been around since then, I wanted to give an update. Here's the original post:

www . stripperweb.com/forum/showthread.php?224138-Ex-dancer-and-I-miss-it

So I made it! I just graduated medical school and I am now officially an MD.

I continue to think about my time as a dancer, I still miss it, and I still remember it nostalgically. It's a part of me that I'm not able to share and I don't think I will ever be able to share with anyone, apart from those who already know. But I also don't want to bury it, because the experience (whether there were bad nights or good nights) had an impact on my life decisions and the person I've become. I never confided in any of my classmates or new relationships in the last 4 years of med school, but there were times I really wanted to, especially after some liquid courage. So it always feels like there's this disconnect.

I think about it quite often, stripper to "doctor" is not something people talk about, but I know there are many of us out there, stripper to "fill in the blank", and it would be awesome if we could share this as something powerful and not something to be ashamed of.

Anyways, I really should come back here more often, this is the only place I can really open up without judgement. I hope to hear from some of you!

Thanks

Default Re: Ex-dancer and I miss it

Congrats on getting through the long process. hope you have been enjoying your life so far.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,113 Times in 2,261 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Congrats .
    xoxo

Veteran Member
    Thanks

One of my dancer girlfriends had the best moment/situation in the last 2 months that any woman would love to have. Got married to a hunk who has a career in April, then graduated dental school in May and recently got hired as a dentist this month.

Though, she said to me that she doesn't miss dancing after the first year of attending dental school.

As a soon-to-be retired dancer, I'll know I'll miss dancing but only the money. But a lot as change in the industry in the past 5 years.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,964 Times in 5,845 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Congratulations!

I revisit my stripping memories by posting here or checking in with other retired dancer friends.

I can say the same integrity that kept you safe as a dancer will serve you well as a Doctor. You are needed in today's world.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,876 Times in 791 Posts

Seniorita, CONGRATS on the MD!!!!!!! I am in awe. My B.Sc., C.P.A. and M.B.A. do not compare.

As for missing the life, I keep in touch with a few friends and I stop in here. BF loves when I give him a lapdance. :-)

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zofia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,152 Times in 2,230 Posts

Congratulations on all your hard work and achievements! Best of luck with your future practice and endeavors!
    Quote Originally Posted by We had a rabbit like you View Post
    And I'm over here like "fuck you, pay me". No non sense, sorry.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you girls! It means a lot to hear back from you with such positive words. We have such a strong community of support it's amazing what we can accomplish!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to senorita For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnuffleUffleGrass View Post
    Congratulations!

I revisit my stripping memories by posting here or checking in with other retired dancer friends.

I can say the same integrity that kept you safe as a dancer will serve you well as a Doctor. You are needed in today's world.
    I love this! You're right, our experiences can only make us stronger! If we choose to.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to senorita For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm so happy to see someone else post this! At my last club there were so many dancers putting themselves through law and med school and I often wonder where they are now. It's a culture shock to leave the club, to say in the least, and it's even more brutal being swept right into academia with no one to share your alter ego with.
    I'm currently in a grad program and I've made some really good friends. Because they're open minded and preach body positivity, I recently decided to share my history of dancing with them. I expected them to think it was just funny and unexpected... They haven't outwardly shamed me for it, but their lack of questions and change of topic told me all I needed.
    Stripping is a part of my past that really changed me for the better... I've become much more personable and I'm able to guard my time well at work, which people seem to respect. The skills we learn in the club really are valuable professional skills - and we learn them fast just to survive!
    Unfortunately, I think you made the right choice in keeping your lips sealed. I'll continue to just check these subs when I get nostalgic and not overshare again. I wish we could be more open but many people (men and women) are still uncomfortable with the idea that sex workers can also be intelligent and live rich lives.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joytotheworld For This Useful Post: