Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Covid news

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 654 Posts
    My Mood
    Daring

Default Re: Covid news

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrownFox View Post
    I was in Penn Station in New York City on my birthday back in August when it was hot, and it felt like a sauna in there (In the area where New Jersey Transit is). I couldn't feel any air conditioning at all, and the other people standing around waiting on their trains were sweating and looking as miserable as I was. There were officers walking around making sure people were wearing their masks properly...covering their noses and mouths. I just wanted to scream "HOLY SHIT! TURN ON THE A/C, PLEASE!!!"
    ugh it can be real hell. I wish they 'd invent tiny filters that just fit the nostrils lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Luci Fer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,223 Times in 2,571 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Luci Fer View Post
    yes, I 've heard it's freedom in Florida
    in my area they have schools open now, but also encourage vaccinations. I recently saw a school boy about 7 years old in a mask that looked like Mike Myers' one! lol! It covered his whole face and was totally dark, also he was wearing a hood. It was something
    Some regions put stricter rules and require vaccination to use public transport, for example. Folks hate it and some beat conductors sometimes. As if it was their fault!
    It's the saddest outcome of the pandemic for me personally, that people start to fight against each other. Like civil wars, but on different level.
    Also, for example, I found out recently only (lol!) that antivaxxers are these who refuse to take any measures at all. I thought they only used masks and refused to get vaccinated, but no - they refuse everything. And it also brings the hate out.

UPD: oh Fox, you just described similar situation.^
    Some of what you posted is what I meant about the social and economic consequences of government imposed mandates. When we impose mask and vaccine mandates as a requirement to work or purchase goods and services, less people want to do those things, which in turn inhibits economic growth. It also forces transportation conductors, store clerks and others to assume the role of mask and vaccination police, something which is entirely unfair to them.

These reasons and others are why FL doesn't have any of these mandates and, indeed, limits employers, retail venues and schools from requiring proof of COVID vaccination. It was one thing when the vaccine was not available to anyone who wants it, but it's been out for months now. It's up to each person to make his or her own personal decision. Honestly I haven't owned a mask in months, though when in those rare instances where I end up someplace where one is required, I certainly comply (usually doctors' offices).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rickdugan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Quote Originally Posted by rickdugan View Post
    Some of what you posted is what I meant about the social and economic consequences of government imposed mandates. When we impose mask and vaccine mandates as a requirement to work or purchase goods and services, less people want to do those things, which in turn inhibits economic growth. It also forces transportation conductors, store clerks and others to assume the role of mask and vaccination police, something which is entirely unfair to them.

These reasons and others are why FL doesn't have any of these mandates and, indeed, limits employers, retail venues and schools from requiring proof of COVID vaccination. It was one thing when the vaccine was not available to anyone who wants it, but it's been out for months now. It's up to each person to make his or her own personal decision. Honestly I haven't owned a mask in months, though when in those rare instances where I end up someplace where one is required, I certainly comply (usually doctors' offices).
    What do they do about folks who refuse to vaccinate and wear masks? Also do they differ those who had covid and got healed naturally from these who are vaccinated? I guess they care about common immunity nowadays, and the main concern now people who are 'covid virgins' lol

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Luci Fer View Post
    What do they do about folks who refuse to vaccinate and wear masks? Also do they differ those who had covid and got healed naturally from these who are vaccinated? I guess they care about common immunity nowadays, and the main concern now people who are 'covid virgins' lol
    There will never be herd immunity, especially with constant mutations that make this very similar to the flu. So how much longer are we going to continue with onerous mandates? Two years? Five years? Forever? At some point everyone will be forced to adopt a more common sense approach like that already found in FL. Make the vaccine easy to obtain and publicly encourage their use, but ultimately accept that "COVID virgins" assume their own risks and that, over time, we will acquire higher natural population resistance through greater natural exposure.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rickdugan For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by miss.a.p1600 View Post
    ^Mask work when people USE them and use them correctly
    Vaccines would work if EVERYONE took them

If masks donít work then Iíd like to see you walk into a covid unit maskless.

There are also people on this thread who have loved ones die or near death from covid so your blanket statements minimize real experiences.

I work in an industry where you can not get services (or if you are able to get services you will have hella scrutiny n waiting periods) if covid is on your medical record

Iíve seen a dude on dialysis permanently after catching covid with no preexisting conditions. My mom said her coworker has nerve damage after contracting covid. Etc.

For many people, Itís a bit more serious than just your run of the mill cold.
    Masks obviously didnt work or the case rates would have dropped prior to the vaccines. The vaccines are not effective or you wouldnt need booster shots. You want to know what disease needs booster shots, Tetnus comes to mind. But do we walk around in armor so we dont get tetnus, no if we get a puncture wound from a rusty surface then we go get a shot.

Yes some people reacted badly to this flu virus, and yes that is what it is Coronavirus is the Flu. However some people have always had bad reactions to the flu. People have died prior to 2020 to the flu.

Do not insinuate that my statements minimize experience. My Grandfather passed in 2003 to complications of catching the Flu. Should I go back ad make a doctor change his death cause to Covid? Of course not. Things happen. The Dude on dialysis probably had an un diagnosed Kidney issue that Covid brought to the forefront. Your mothers coworker might have had nerve damage prior but never knew.

I didnt catch Covid and i found out i have nerve damage in my shoulder, that i found out during my annual physical, from an injury from when i was 15 in school.

Mask worn in Hospitals in infectious units are not the same masks everyone is wearing in public. Which is why when an infectious disease is found in a patient, that area goes on lockdown and special protocols go into effect, with those special masks and full body ppe gear.

If the Flu shot that people can get if they like was a way to end the flu and all coronaviruses, it would have been done decades ago, like the polio or smallpox vaccines were given to eliminate those diseases.

Just that people touting being fully vaccinated are catching the virus is proof they do not work. Want to know what does work, your bodies natural immune system and basic care if you get the flu or covid.

for some people, not many its more than the cold or flu. .04% its more serious for.

What is more serious? Is people have stopped using their brains and use time proven ways to combat the flu.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to OmegaWest For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,198 Times in 728 Posts

There will never be herd immunity, especially with constant mutations that make this very similar to the flu. So how much longer are we going to continue with onerous mandates? Two years? Five years? Forever? At some point everyone will be forced to adopt a more common sense approach like that already found in FL. Make the vaccine easy to obtain and publicly encourage their use, but ultimately accept that "COVID virgins" assume their own risks and that, over time, we will acquire higher natural population resistance through greater natural exposure.
    Hmmm. The good news is that the symptoms of the Omicron variant are very mild. The bad news is that it is highly contagious.

I do note that Florida's rate of new Covid cases is in decline while many Blue states are seeing increased rates.

I have an appt. to get my booster shot in two weeks.

I think that Covid is going to be like the flu. We'll have to get shots every year. Or not if that is what people choose to do.
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Stoner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,604 Times in 7,560 Posts

Scheduled my booster for Thursday. Feeling scared, not of vaccine but needles.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marina Starr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 414 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stoner View Post
    Hmmm. The good news is that the symptoms of the Omicron variant are very mild. The bad news is that it is highly contagious.
    But, why so much panicking if generally mild symptoms
    Work hard in silence and let success make the noise

15. The Following User Says Thank You to kimbe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

I do note that Florida's rate of new Covid cases is in decline while many Blue states are seeing increased rates.

I have an appt. to get my booster shot in two weeks.

I think that Covid is going to be like the flu. We'll have to get shots every year. Or not if that is what people choose to do.
    I have also heard that Omicron symptoms are milder, but you can bet that certain people in power won't let rational facts get in the way of a good panicky story if it keeps the accountability hounds at bay for a little longer. NY has already declared a state of emergency and nationally we have closed off travel to/from several countries. A number of states and cities continue to this day with mandates and restrictions and will no doubt use Omicron as an excuse to keep them going. Round and round we go...

But eventually the tab is going to come due. The more people stop being afraid this and look at everything we've done with a more critical eye, the more they're going to question how necessary it really was to take away a whole year of schooling for our kids, turn our largest cities into ghost towns and trash our local business communities. As we now know and have known for some time, most of the people most affected by the mandates and restrictions were those least at risk from COVID in the first place, most especially kids. IMHO the clearer this becomes to more people over time, the more that folks who championed the most destructive policies are likely to pay the price.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rickdugan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Never got vaccinated for the flu...

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kimbe View Post
    But, why so much panicking if generally mild symptoms
    because the irrelevant people want to keep getting paid to scare people with the media

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OmegaWest For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I have also heard that Omicron symptoms are milder, but you can bet that certain people in power won't let rational facts get in the way of a good panicky story if it keeps the accountability hounds at bay for a little longer. NY has already declared a state of emergency and nationally we have closed off travel to/from several countries. A number of states and cities continue to this day with mandates and restrictions and will no doubt use Omicron as an excuse to keep them going. Round and round we go...

But eventually the tab is going to come due. The more people stop being afraid this and look at everything we've done with a more critical eye, the more they're going to question how necessary it really was to take away a whole year of schooling for our kids, turn our largest cities into ghost towns and trash our local business communities. As we now know and have known for some time, most of the people most affected by the mandates and restrictions were those least at risk from COVID in the first place, most especially kids. IMHO the clearer this becomes to more people over time, the more that folks who championed the most destructive policies are likely to pay the price.

Covid is the Flu, its very name is Coronavirus which is omg the Flu Virus that has been around for centuries. And anyone who does actual research of history can find that in certain years we have a mutated Flu Virus that kills more than normal. Those Years get special names for their Flu. The biggest difference in this version and all its variants that are keeping people terrified, by our corrupt media who have to fight for ratings rather than be ethical, is just that. Its media driven and politicized.

Before our pundit comes from his nest, let me finish.

Remove the constant tickers on every news station, and every covid tag added to nearly every social media post, and the constant used pictures of hospitals in small rural areas in italy.

What then do we have? We have yet another normal year of sick people and some died. Did it effect or reveal people with unseen or dormant comorbidity in some infected? sure it did, but once again going by the history of each year from the last 20 years, we didnt have 100s of thousands more deaths than years prior. The actual deaths were nearly the same.

Did we get blasted with images of stacked bodies and panicked with images of overfilled iso wards. Of course because they wanted the entire country in a panic. And those people who have proven to be scared of their own shadows are still in lockdown in their heads and they are the one we see masked and gloved in their own cars, while they are alone.

Those of us who have used our brains and seen through the Bull being tossed by the ton, are the ones being called crazy and driving so many cases of the Flu. Well you either get the flu or you dont, its not luck its common sense and if you take care of yourself and your natural immune system.

Use your heads people, i bet most if not all of us growing up drank from the garden hose when out playing when we were kids. if that didnt kill us, it sure as hell put our immune system into overdrive against most things harmful. Variations that they will keep "finding" when the people stop paying attention to them yet again will continue to happen until all the easily terrified wake up.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OmegaWest For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,958 Times in 956 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...and-beyond.htm

History of the influenza vaccine. Notice the dates and how we reached a point that the flu vaccine is not mandated and we can monitor and contain threat levels. The flu vaccine came after the Spanish flu, the last pandemic of this size. There was debate if it was a virus or not, we have come a long way. Anyone with half a brain can determine why I posted that link, they would also know the difference between a normal flu season and a pandemic but whatever.

If you are vaccinated, life is pretty much normal but slower and with a mask. If your beliefs donít allow you to participate in society (getting the shot to travel, go out to eat, not having your family abandon you etc) thatís your fault. Think of how disabled people feel? And they donít have a choice. You could get a little shot just like we do with the flu, I thought the point was it was the same.
    If you never knew me, that'd probably be cheaper

If you really knew me, you would know I don't need ya- Saweetie

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kamiliam For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,308 Times in 4,197 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaWest View Post
    Ive skimmed this thread and what i see is quite simple. Everyone is panicked over cases and positive tests. What people do not sit back and examine though, is cases do not equal deaths.

Look at the stats for people who died each year over the last 20 years in the United States. Is 2020 100s of thousands higher due to covid deaths? no each year is on par with the other. Just prior to Covid death certs actually had real cause of death, where as 2020 nearly every death was blamed on Covid.

Covid and the Corona virus has been around for centuries. If you look at your normal cleaning products, they had had coronavirus listed as being handled for decades.

Sit back and take a look without relying on Media. Did the people you know who died have perfect health? No Diabetes, Heart Disease, Lung Disease, Cancer, etc. .001% fit this category of being in perfect health and died do to complications unseen prior.

no matter what side of the blue red line we sit with our personal preferences, not using common sense for something that has been around for centuries is just stupid.

did we all get flu shots prior to this each year, I bet not. You got the Flu or you didnt and went on with your life. Some people died, most didnt. Year in Year out.

If Masks worked we wouldnt need vaccines, if vaccines worked we wouldnt need masks. Stop trying to prove a point because you dont care for someones viewpoint and use common sense.

The only people still trying to be relevant by pushing every new variant of the flu, are those who were never relevant in the first place. Use your head, put down your blue or red glasses and wake up.
    Everything you said is completely made up and wrong. 2020 saw the most deaths above and beyond what was projected in the US in 100 years.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...eath-toll.html

You don't even know the name of the virus that caused the pandemic. It's called COVID-19. Please research what the 19 stands for.

You don't even know that there's more than one type of coronavirus.

Multiple studies have shown that vaccines are effective in preventing transmission of the virus as well as serious cases and deaths. The fact that boosters are needed after 6 months doesn't negate this. It only means the vaccines lose some of their effectiveness after a certain time period.

You're not a doctor or scientist. Please stop giving medical advice on things you know nothing about. All you're doing is making stuff up.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

Well after it was shoved down our throats for months that we need to get the vaccine as soon as it's available, so we can get rid of the masks, many of us did that (And are fully vaxxed now)...and choose to only wear the masks where required. Yup, I hate masks, but I will wear one where it's required. Many of you on here like wearing masks, and that's fine. Just like it's fine if some of us hate it (And only wear it where required), and can't wait to take that dirty shit off our face as soon as we're off the bus...or out of the Lyft ride. LOL. When I get home, I take mine off so I can go back to actually breathing freely through my nose...and then I take off my bra so my titties can be free.
    People were encouraged to get vaccinated to prevent more covid hospitalizations and deaths. If you've been vaccinated and aren't at high risk, you're probably safe in not wearing a mask when you're not required to.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2 View Post
    Everything you said is completely made up and wrong. 2020 saw the most deaths above and beyond what was projected in the US in 100 years.

You don't even know the name of the virus that caused the pandemic. It's called COVID-19. Please research what the 19 stands for.

Multiple studies have shown that vaccines are effective in preventing transmission of the virus as well as serious cases and deaths. The fact that boosters are needed after 6 months doesn't negate this. It only means the vaccines lose some of their effectiveness after a certain time period.

You're not a doctor or scientist. Please stop giving medical advice on things you know nothing about. All you're doing is making stuff up.
    LOL. I kinda' assumed that Omega posted that fishing for a reaction, but maybe he was serious. IDK.

But even though COVID is obviously not the flu, there are certainly lessons that we can take from how we already manage the flu, which shares many similar characteristics in terms of frequent mutations and seasonal spikes.

As the President of South Africa, which is currently experiencing a surge of the Omicron variant, recently said:

"When we encountered previous waves of infection, vaccines were not widely available and far fewer people were vaccinated. We also know that the coronavirus will be with us for the long term. We must therefore find ways of managing the pandemic while limiting disruptions to the economy and ensuring continuity.”

Many states, including FL, have already adopted this posture. Eventually everyone is going to need to wrap their arms around this reality and take a more common sense approach, including the cities and states that are still firebombing their own economies in futile efforts to eliminate this thing.

God/dess
    Thanks

because the irrelevant people want to keep getting paid to scare people with the media
    What is your evidence?

31. The Following User Says Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I know alot more than you think Eagle, but once again you love to condescend. One day you might grow up and learn fact over your brainwashed narrative. you once again fail to see that cases do not equal deaths.
    There were not 100s of thousands more deaths than 2019, or 2000 or even 1990. You want to know what there were more of? Death certs issued with Covid listed in order to get govt money. Hospital staff across the country have all gone on record stating that no matter what was the overall cause of death every file was to be marked Covid.

Your death toll lists are bull. Try reading a paper or a website without a left bias that wants to keep everyone locked down and having to need govt support to live.

The virus named Covid 19 is a coronavirus, and you would learn the east way, that if you have good hygiene it dies like every other corona virus. Every death came from Comorbidities, whether they were known or unknown in the patient. Those in perfect health make up .001% of deaths.

You want to know what killed alot of people, Fear. While being constantly bashed at them from every media outlet and social media. People who live in constant fear give up.

you are not a doctor or scientist, you are a fear monger. You love being able to push at people and then when they dont go cowering, you bring up biased sources that back your viewpoint.

maybe when you use common sense, you might find yourself in a better place.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,986 Times in 6,786 Posts

People were encouraged to get vaccinated to prevent more covid hospitalizations and deaths. If you've been vaccinated and aren't at high risk, you're probably safe in not wearing a mask when you're not required to.

You aren't telling me anything I didn't already know, and I'm pretty sure that point (your first statement) has been repeated constantly throughout this 20-page thread. Of course I'm aware of the reasons people were encouraged to get vaccinated, AND, like I said before, it was also sprinkled with "...so we can get rid of the masks."

34. The Following User Says Thank You to TheBrownFox For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,958 Times in 956 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Hospital staff across the country have all gone on record stating that no matter what was the overall cause of death every file was to be marked Covid.

Your death toll lists are bull. Try reading a paper or a website without a left bias that wants to keep everyone locked down and having to need govt support to live.

The virus named Covid 19 is a coronavirus, and you would learn the east way, that if you have good hygiene it dies like every other corona virus. Every death came from Comorbidities, whether they were known or unknown in the patient. Those in perfect health make up .001% of deaths.
    This is untrue, as someone who lost two family members during the pandemic please keep your mouth shut. One by COVID, another not, autopsies done, so please stop this hyperbole.
    If you never knew me, that'd probably be cheaper

If you really knew me, you would know I don't need ya- Saweetie

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kamiliam For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

You aren't telling me anything I didn't already know, and I'm pretty sure that point (your first statement) has been repeated constantly throughout this 20-page thread. Of course I'm aware of the reasons people were encouraged to get vaccinated, AND, like I said before, it was also sprinkled with "...so we can get rid of the masks."
    Sorry about that.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,356 Times in 2,728 Posts

I know alot more than you think Eagle, but once again you love to condescend. One day you might grow up and learn fact over your brainwashed narrative. you once again fail to see that cases do not equal deaths.
    There were not 100s of thousands more deaths than 2019, or 2000 or even 1990. You want to know what there were more of? Death certs issued with Covid listed in order to get govt money. Hospital staff across the country have all gone on record stating that no matter what was the overall cause of death every file was to be marked Covid.

You want to know what killed alot of people, Fear. While being constantly bashed at them from every media outlet and social media. People who live in constant fear give up.

you are not a doctor or scientist, you are a fear monger. You love being able to push at people and then when they dont go cowering, you bring up biased sources that back your viewpoint.

maybe when you use common sense, you might find yourself in a better place.
    Thanks for the ad hominem attack, now the thread is closed. At least temporarily, I have a lot of shit to do before I can clean this up.
    You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Free your mind, and your ass will follow.
    George Clinton

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Djoser For This Useful Post:

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920