Thread: is investing in doing pole dancing classes a good idea before doing audtions.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

Default is investing in doing pole dancing classes a good idea before doing audtions.

so I wanna audition for some local clubs but I am considering doing some pole dance classes first is this a good or bad idea.

Thanks

Default Re: is investing in doing pole dancing classes a good idea before doing audtions.

I looked around your profile. Pole classes would not have been much help when you asked about it back in 2011, and that is still true today in 2021. Just call a club and ask when you can come in and audition.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StellaRose For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

Default Re: is investing in doing pole dancing classes a good idea before doing audtions.

Quote Originally Posted by StellaRose View Post
    I looked around your profile. Pole classes would not have been much help when you asked about it back in 2011, and that is still true today in 2021. Just call a club and ask when you can come in and audition.
    I guess I just thought having some knowledge about how to do pole work might be a good idea.

Thanks

It will either be helpful or not helpful. Five years in and my pole skills are super mediocre, which is fine with me. In clubs where that is helpful, most likely another dancer will be perfectly happy to show a pole trick or two when it’s slow.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to StellaRose For This Useful Post:

Featured Member trustfundkiller's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,137 Times in 1,063 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

Stripping is 90% sales and 10% dancing. On stage you are better off making eye contact, smiling, moving slowly and sexily, posing/walking around the pole in a way that shows off your best assets, flipping your hair, caressing yourself, etc., than doing pole tricks. The aforementioned will earn you more money and is more enticing to men than any amount of pole tricks, I promise.

Now, if you want to do pole classes as an investment in yourself via learning a new skill, feeling sexier, toning up over time, then go for it. Will it translate to more money in the club? Most likely no. Even girls who do pole tricks usually learn on the job as opposed to taking classes.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 23,893 Times in 4,026 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trustfundkiller View Post
    Stripping is 90% sales and 10% dancing. On stage you are better off making eye contact, smiling, moving slowly and sexily, posing/walking around the pole in a way that shows off your best assets, flipping your hair, caressing yourself, etc., than doing pole tricks. The aforementioned will earn you more money and is more enticing to men than any amount of pole tricks, I promise.

Now, if you want to do pole classes as an investment in yourself via learning a new skill, feeling sexier, toning up over time, then go for it. Will it translate to more money in the club? Most likely no. Even girls who do pole tricks usually learn on the job as opposed to taking classes.
    THIS!!!!! I was a stripper for 12 years and all I did was fight with the pole & it won every single time. Eye contact & seducing men from the stage in order to line up table dances later made me more money than the pole ever did.

Perhaps, the OP thinks it will give her more confidence on stage.. But there is a certain customer base that loves a newbie, so being new & inexperienced can be your hustle for a couple of weeks.

Figuring out what to reveal in a timely matter depending if it is just one song set to 3 songs on main stage turned out to be more important to me.

What music you feel sexy dancing too. What kind of music is more of your style. Keep in mind, that established dancers may have the top songs locked up. What music is going to make you stand out but not piss off the other dancers on the other stages. Unless you do that for fun & to fuck up their money. Or in a contest with the other dancers of who can play the worst songs ever & still bank. LOL Personal I chose music according to the age of the customers in the club & what would have been popular during their teenage years. Having a large base knowledge of music from several decades came in handy. But music depends upon the club & their preference too, and the DJ.

I know movies & Hollywood make pole skills seem like the most important thing & it can be for those who are highly skilled at it. Which comes over time & lots & lots of practices. But not necessary to make money, the gift of gab & sales will be.
    Video blogs on Camming industry & how to succeed at camming.

Personality is the glitter that sends your little gleam across the footlights and the orchestra pit into that big black space where the audience is. Mae West

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,227 Times in 328 Posts

When it comes to getting hired, a good attitude helps. When I got hired I was terrible at dancing but the fact that I smiled onstage and had a good attitude was what got me hired.

You can always learn polework over time while you're at work.

You can take lessons beforehand to help with self confidence, but it's not your polework that will get you hired. It's being attractive and looking like you're having fun onstage.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveyD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

well I don't think I am not attrarctive but I do have mild skin issues and its making me slightly insecure about applying to the job.

Featured Member trustfundkiller's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,137 Times in 1,063 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Glitzkisses View Post
    well I don't think I am not attrarctive but I do have mild skin issues and its making me slightly insecure about applying to the job.
    Don't let something like a mild skin issue hold you back. The dark lighting is very flattering and you can use makeup to cover an abundance of issues. I recommend Dermablend and a color correcting concealer. I worked with new, red boob job scars and Dermablend did a great job covering them up. Or you can use clothing to hide whatever the issue is if it's on a certain part of your body. You have options.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,951 Times in 5,842 Posts

You don't need pole classes to start dancing.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,106 Times in 5,888 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Learn pole tricks for your own amusement, but learn sales skills for your longevity as a dancer.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,909 Times in 800 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SnuffleUffleGrass View Post
    Learn pole tricks for your own amusement, but learn sales skills for your longevity as a dancer.
    ^^^ Yup!

Sales is mostly about effort. An engaging personality helps, but the main thing is effort. A stripper that was kind to me when I started out told me "after every stage session, go around and thank each guy who tipped you." I did that, made some small talk and before long, I was getting couch and VIP dances. Honestly, all I ever did on stage was the stripper strut. If a guy sat down at the rail, I'd go up to him and get on my knees, slap my but, turn around and put my tits in his face. I tried a few "choreographed" dances. Made no difference. Contact with the customers that made the difference.

Once I learned to be persistent in contacting guys in the club, I got a pre-paid phone and started giving out my number in return for theirs. I'd text them my schedule and occassionally some other chat. Before long, I'd have two or three dances lined up before the beginning of every shift. Got fired once for being underage, texted all my customers with my new club and schedule, they moved with me. Got fired once for giving out my phone number, No problem, I used my phone contact list to tell all my customers where my new club was. For the most part they moved on with me. Again, contact with the customers made the difference.

If I was still stripping, I'd be on OnlyFans, Instagram and Twitter, in addition to texting. This is a business, no more, no less.

HTH,
    Z

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zofia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,098 Times in 238 Posts

Invest in sales training. Read everything you possibly can for free here. Hustle Hut is a useful tool, and even thread's from 10 years ago still apply today. If you want to take an actual course, I remember there used to be StripAndGrowRich.com there's also RacksToRiches.com and I think LexiLadies. There's tons of courses out there to invest in. I've taken all of those above and have found the info here to be extraordinarily valuable (for free!). You just have to do the leg work.

Pole is a waste of time. I often pay the club to stay off it. My big money is hours in VIP for hundreds and thousands of dollars. Not on the pole where men throw dollar bills.

I need hundreds, not singles.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,098 Times in 238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Glitzkisses View Post
    Irrelevant. Looks are important and all, but not nearly as important as your sales skills, confidence, positive attitude, and a great smile.
    A small skin issue isn't something to concern yourself with.

Thanks
    Thanked 23,893 Times in 4,026 Posts

You can come up with many reasons not to go in & try to get a job, or be brave & go for it.
    Video blogs on Camming industry & how to succeed at camming.

Personality is the glitter that sends your little gleam across the footlights and the orchestra pit into that big black space where the audience is. Mae West

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,925 Times in 594 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Fine

Pole classes are not the worst thing to do if you want to build your confidence. They won't make or break your audition though.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

pole classes not taught by a stripper won’t teach u to dance sexier imo