Thread: Body Hair Removal At Home Machines

Thanks
    Thanked 10,266 Times in 3,280 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Default Body Hair Removal At Home Machines

I'm seriously considering purchasing one of those machines/devices to remove my under arm hair and pubic hair at home. Does anyone have one of these with success? Or how long it lasts compared to a professional laser treatment? I'm so sick to death of shaving my vagina and armpits.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,429 Times in 6,629 Posts

Default Re: Body Hair Removal At Home Machines

Quote Originally Posted by indiegirl View Post
    I'm seriously considering purchasing one of those machines/devices to remove my under arm hair and pubic hair at home. Does anyone have one of these with success? Or how long it lasts compared to a professional laser treatment? I'm so sick to death of shaving my vagina and armpits.
    I'd recommend professional laser if you can afford it. I got six treatments, full bikini, and years later, my regrowth is so minimal that i can get rid of it with a few quick sweeps of my razor. Zero ingrown hairs, zero irritation. And i was previously someone who would have a ton of razor burn no matter how careful i was.

The issue with epilation and waxing, of course, is that hairs start growing back in a week (for me, anyway) and you have to wait for them to regrow before you can get rid of them again. I would also get a ton of ingrown hairs, ugh.

I've never tried laser at home. If i were you, I'd just get it done professionally. Many places offer free touchups, and it's the kind of procedure that needs to be at a certain strength to show good results (which means it's better to have a professional do it).

Just my opinion!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,388 Times in 548 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

^ I couldn't agree more, if you're serious about it, and can afford it, get it done professionally! I've had it done (incl regularly "touch ups") and it's simply amazing to be hair free practically at all times. In my experience laser hair removal isn't necessary something you want to experiment with yourself, it's a sensitive treatment that requires experience and skills to get the best possible result. Your skin can be permanently damaged if mistreated.

Most devices sold for home use aren't really laser technology but IPL, which isn't really as effective.
    There's a product called Tria laser (google it) for home use that's real laser, it's quite expensive but it get quite good reviews.
    Work hard in silence and let success make the noise

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kimbe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,266 Times in 3,280 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

I got it done (with a groupon and only finished half the treatments) in the past and my issue was being told I was not able to tan (I don't tan anymore) or able to use self tanner. I was looking for an option where I could still self tan? Looking wonderbread white for work is not an option for me IMO....has the professional laser hair removal improved since years ago in regards to being allowed to spray tan?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,429 Times in 6,629 Posts

I got it done (with a groupon and only finished half the treatments) in the past and my issue was being told I was not able to tan (I don't tan anymore) or able to use self tanner. I was looking for an option where I could still self tan? Looking wonderbread white for work is not an option for me IMO....has the professional laser hair removal improved since years ago in regards to being allowed to spray tan?
    They must mean *during* treatment. And that would make sense. I think LHR works by detecting pigment and destroying it... it works best when there's a dramatic difference between the color of the hair and the color of the skin (so ideally, dark hair and pale skin). It's possible that there are other options out there...i got mine like 10 years ago. Worth asking about for sure.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

It's not quite that black&white anymore, they are now able to treat different skin tones. Look for places that uses the Nd yag laser.
    However, I do believe it's still most effective when your skin is lighter toned because that allows use of a higher setting on the laser without burning your skin.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kimbe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 25,256 Times in 12,917 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Ok, I've used an epilator, years ago, they're much better now..not sure about tanning, but I think you could, probably have to wait a couple days.

Yes it grows back, but slowly, after you do it a couple times it sliws down

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by whirlerz View Post
    Ok, I've used an epilator, years ago, they're much better now..not sure about tanning, but I think you could, probably have to wait a couple days.

Yes it grows back, but slowly, after you do it a couple times it sliws down
    Epilators are just like waxing as they rip out the hair from the root, just that you do it yourself

Thanks
    Thanked 9,896 Times in 3,016 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Got back into using my IPL device (Philips Lumea). It has been sitting unused in my closet for 7 years, lol. I was always lazy to do it (I did only 3-4 sessions and then abandoned), but I finally decided to stick to the whole routine which is 6 sessions (one session every 2 weeks and after the initial routine is over, just 1 session per month, or every 2 months, for maintenance).

My results pics after just 3 sessions. The results are faster than the first time I used, I think it's because most of the hair folicles were weak from previous treatment, even if it was in 2015.
    I won't post pics with my bikini area, but the upper side is almost clear, while the labias still have a lot of hair, because the skin is darker and I need to use it on lowest settings, otherwise it burns. I did look in the app for tips and they suggested to use some ice cubes to numb the area, so I can take higher levels, so I will probably do that.
    Anyway, my legs and armpits after 3 sessions (using the device every 2 weeks). The legs are fucking spectacular, I can't wait to move on the upper legs and forearms, when winter comes:

image_2022-05-24_055100048.png image_2022-05-24_055121423.png
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,689 Times in 6,413 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Just go to a waxing salon. Trust me.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SnuffleUffleGrass View Post
    Just go to a waxing salon. Trust me.
    The problem with waxing is when you need/want to be 100% hair free all the time.. You need to grow a certain length before waxing again.
    In my opinion, there's nothing that can compete with professional laser hair removal! (As long as you're a good candidate though.)

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kimbe For This Useful Post: