Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Youtube / IG strippers and their influence on newbies.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,277 Times in 813 Posts
    My Mood
    Mellow

Default Youtube / IG strippers and their influence on newbies.

So I've been watching a lot of vlogging strippers on youtube lately and their portrayal of stripping is, imo, so unrealistic that it has girls thinking they can go strip and easily make thousands in a night. These youtubers (some, not all) will claim to have made thousands a night, regularly... one I was watching came home and casually said she made like 6 grand without doing any dances. A girl in a Chicago suburb club claimed she averages 2K a night. That seems unrealistic especially since I've worked in one of the better Chicago clubs. Obviously we've all had great nights, but it's pretty tough to average that much. Also, a LOT of these girls are pretty "average looking" by stripper world standards, so their earnings are hard to believe.

At the last club I worked at, a new girl was working her first day. At the end of the night she was disappointed that she barely made enough for her uber home. I was trying to reassure her that things would get better and then she told me that she was expecting to make "like two thousand." I was taken aback and didn't know what to say so I just said, "where did you hear you would make that much?" to which she replied, "from watching the girls online."

Do you think these girls are exaggerating their earnings? Do you think their alleged earnings are causing girls who are contemplating stripping to have unrealistic monetary goals?
    "Rather have my feet hurting than my pockets."

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nina_ For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Youtube / IG strippers and their influence on newbies.

It just to get subscribers, views and clicks to influence on hapless gals. Then the content creator gets sponsorship deal then try to sell you junk.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 2,325 Posts
    My Mood
    Devilish

Or the ads where the manager is throwing all this money on a girl and videoing it and then collecting the money back after the video ad of her onstage is over when the room is dead. LOL or video of them walking around with stacks....NAHHH!!!

I do believe there are women to this day who make 1000-2000 off of regulars and tips and keep it quiet. I'm just a shit salesman. I remember one girl who would refuse to leave the club unless she made 1-2000 every time and would get tipped just for talking and then do your basic dance. But this is 2 years ago.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ah bless the TikTok format encouraging shorter videos. When videos are one minute or less nobody expects you to explain anything. I think exaggerating earnings is nothing new. Especially because dancing is in a similar category of perceived fast money like daytrading, real estate, etc

On the plus side, there is legitimately good content too in my opinion. I don’t look at YouTube too much but I do TikTok. At least for stripper stuff.

Not sure how it impacts newbies. I remember being a newbie dancer five years ago with others in my social circle at the time also mostly newbies. Most ended up moving on but a few of us are still at it. So many just come and gone over the years. It sucks during holidays when the clubs have been flooded with girls, but is what it is.

More recently, I would blame more life after lockdowns. There has been so many people shifting life choices.I noticed on this own site more than one older ex dancer asking if their age is okay to pick up dancing again. Some dancers in clubs who went to vanilla jobs and haven’t been back. And the newbies who scrolled online and checking it out. My take is that if they fall for a scam, better the strip club than options trading

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to StellaRose For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,535 Times in 6,054 Posts

I think we all have a sense of what is realistic in clubs these days.
    >$500 daily averages are really not even the norm for 90% of dancers anymore ( maybe it was 10 years ago ! ) .
    The ones claiming $1,000 averages ..... maybe a few do out of a hundred that say so.
    Last edited by carmen_b; 09-09-2021 at 09:18 AM.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 28,805 Times in 10,559 Posts
    My Mood
    Amazed

Idk.

Maybe they are making $2k a day…………but the how???…… That is the question.

They could be lying about how they are making that much and how frequently they are making that much. It’s not uncommon for those social media “influencers” to be lying they ass off to their consumers.

But regardless, maybe they are telling the truth (who knows) - what one person makes has little bearing on what another makes, especially in a sales type industry

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

Quote Originally Posted by miss.a.p1600 View Post
    But regardless, maybe they are telling the truth (who knows) - what one person makes has little bearing on what another makes, especially in a sales type industry
    Absolutely - to us veterans it doesn't, but newcomers will make their decision to dance based on the false idea that they'll make nothing lower than 2K and it gives these newbies false hope. I told the new stripper that 2K nights WILL happen, but not to expect it every night because they're setting themselves up for disappointment.

Not all "stripfluencers" do this, though. There are some with realistic goals and alleged earnings. For example, one girl did money counts of her earnings for a week and while she had one 3K+ shift, the rest of them were what I'd consider pretty bad nights so it seemed more realistic. But there are girls who work in places I know from experience aren't super lucrative and some of these girls are saying they AVERAGE thousand(s) plural in one night. It seems laughable to me.

It doesn't affect my earnings, I'm just curious how newbies coming in with unrealistic expectations will have an effect on the industry.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nina_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,535 Times in 6,054 Posts

^ I adore the honest ones.
    One of my faves I follow shared her $37 nightly amount recently.
    Shit nights happens to everyone ( she is gorgeous )!

I don’t think much will really happen other than girls trying it a few nights and then never again ( which is totally fine and normal for the industry )!

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,415 Times in 2,355 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

It seems like their real jobs are online not in the club's. One girl in tiktok was claiming to make grands a night always in Miami clean. Looked like she was recruiting for a pimp.
    Anyone consistently making money like that will keep it to themselves.
    There are a few honest girls on tiktok that post their bad nights too.
    I'm old school I can't imagine having my face on the internet talking about my business like tnat. It attracts trouble.
    xoxo

Thanks

I work in the same club as that Chicago dancer. It's a favorites club so managers will select girls to go into rooms so I think it's possible if you're a favorite. We also have $1000 rooms along with a $1500 room. It is a very hard club to make money in though. I don't think that's what she makes all the time. Our super busy day is Saturday and Fridays are completely dead. I think people especially on social media exaggerate their numbers. I saw a TikTok where a girl made $27,000 in one night...like cmon.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to summerfinn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

Haha yeah I saw that tik tok.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,698 Posts

First there was striptenders and now there are stripinfluencers lol. Tiktok/the internet really ruined everything. I can’t tell you how many newbie girls we have at our usual veterans/ sharks only club. I blame the internet. I think some of these girls lie especially like you said they look very average and spend their shift making videos of themselves , when are you making money? My favorite is when they try to sell you a course on how to make money like them, then you see them in another thread about being short on money for rent etc. I think their end goal is endorsements/ ad revenue/ online courses. I don’t think those girls make money like that or they wouldn’t be telling the world so their club would get flooded. I wish the girls at their clubs would expose them, like don’t fall for their shit. Of course we have amazing nights but it’s more an average of what you make over the week/month/year and it all evens out. I miss the days when stripping was underground, a secret, taboo, and you undertold your earnings IF you told at all.

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 24,087 Times in 4,070 Posts

People who are not in the biz always make the assumption it is big money fast & then for the majority of them, reality hits them hard.
    Video blogs on Camming industry & how to succeed at camming.

Personality is the glitter that sends your little gleam across the footlights and the orchestra pit into that big black space where the audience is. Mae West

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Featured Member Girl Anachronism's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,592 Times in 838 Posts

i think a lot of them are full of shit, but not all of them. it's a bit annoying that they make it seem like that is what "stripper life" is like, all glamorous and making racks every night easily. but it doesn't bother me too much. i am somewhat guilty of the same. i cannot count how many girls have heard me talk about how much i like stripping, making it seem fun and easy and then they see all the hundreds in my purse when we go out....... they ask me to take them to the club and show them the ropes. none of them lasted more than a few shifts.

it comes naturally to some. it's hard. i happened to genuinely like it so that was probably misleading to these girls. same with these influencers and youtubers. i bet a few of them are just really great hustlers. i also bet that a lot of them flaunting all that cash are doing a lot of OTC things......

it's misleading and flooding the industry with clueless noobs. i generally don't care what other girls do but it is annoying because they are so naive and easily taken advantage of by management and then we are expected to tip out more because all these new girls are willing to since they don't know any better. and other things like that

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Girl Anachronism For This Useful Post:

Featured Member Girl Anachronism's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,592 Times in 838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chanzep View Post
    One girl in tiktok was claiming to make grands a night always in Miami clean. Looked like she was recruiting for a pimp.

yes, this. i worked with a girl who had a lot of followers and posted money and luxury type things. lived in a big fancy house and wanted me to move in and be roomates with her and another girl who was also an IG baddie.

yeah, they had a pimp and were recruiting me. i knew it right away i'm not stupid but i played along for a bit to see what she would say. i pretended to be impressed and mentioned taz's angels and she thought she had me hooked. nope. it's all fake which is fine if that is your hustle but idk. i'm not sure how i feel about young or naive people taking it seriously and fucking up everything

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Girl Anachronism For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm glad it is not just me that noticed this! I watched one from Philly and I know the club she works at and its NOT The Big club. There is just NO WAY! She was saying she made 7,000 in one night ! Something like 5500 at the club and then side snapchat stuff OMG.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WanderingWoman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,415 Times in 2,355 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

That's the thing also the girls with pimps do extras and recruit more girls to do the same. Some new girls think extras are a must because that is what they are taught.
    xoxo

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chanzep For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,536 Times in 4,378 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    In Love

I never believe what I see on social media. Anyone can build Potemkin villages online, and strippers are master architects.
    "Fake tits are like Kevlar. They don't guarantee your chances of survival but they sure as hell improve it."
    Tempest

33. The Following User Says Thank You to tempest666 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,536 Times in 4,378 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    In Love

Stripper earnings are like penis sizes- invariably exaggerated and often disappointing when the truth is revealed.
    "Fake tits are like Kevlar. They don't guarantee your chances of survival but they sure as hell improve it."
    Tempest

35. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tempest666 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,515 Times in 3,673 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Obviously starving for attention. They need a better hobby.
    Last edited by Vyanka; 09-16-2021 at 11:41 AM.

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vyanka For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 24,087 Times in 4,070 Posts

Is it not possible to do a side by side vid with those vids & call yourself a myth buster? Seems like that would be the best way to combats this mis-information & steal some of their clout.
    Video blogs on Camming industry & how to succeed at camming.

Personality is the glitter that sends your little gleam across the footlights and the orchestra pit into that big black space where the audience is. Mae West

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,314 Times in 5,954 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

IG is so phony.

I really can't say more since I got bumped off of there. IG is designed to sell things and promote brands. It's mostly fiction.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 2,325 Posts
    My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by SnuffleUffleGrass View Post
    IG is so phony.

I really can't say more since I got bumped off of there. IG is designed to sell things and promote brands. It's mostly fiction.
    Fake-stagram. Lol. Everyone on there with their filters and fabletics, fashion nova, etc ads. These people make like 400k a year if they aren't that known at all. LOL It's so stupid.

I remember my sister was posting photos on instagram of great times as well as moving to the east coast LOL. Meanwhile I hear through my mom she had covid in one of the early photos last year and this year her husband didn't trust her alone on the east coast with her kids. LOLLL. She made everything look perfect on IG when in reality my mom was watching her kids 2-3 times a week before she left for the east coast LOL. She's in for a rude surprise not being babied for once in her life let alone with children. The move was entirely her decision for no reason LOL.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

It seems like their real jobs are online not in the club's. One girl in tiktok was claiming to make grands a night always in Miami clean. Looked like she was recruiting for a pimp.
    Anyone consistently making money like that will keep it to themselves.
    There are a few honest girls on tiktok that post their bad nights too.
    I'm old school I can't imagine having my face on the internet talking about my business like tnat. It attracts trouble.
    This is wtf I'm saying! You setting yourself up to get robbed! Why do these newbies feel the need to show off, esp at a time like this during a pandemic.

I've worked w/ some stripperinfluencers and can tell y'all for a fact they're extras girls and go home with custies after the club and/or vips. They don't just dance. They also show their stacks based off of a number of days and not just 1 night.
    "Getting Money Will Always Be THE MOTIVE!"

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MintChocolate For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

That's the thing also the girls with pimps do extras and recruit more girls to do the same. Some new girls think extras are a must because that is what they are taught.
    yesssssssss. damn near every new girl I have met this yr was an extras girl. this is why they need to bring back bp bc in their mind, the house fee of a club is cheaper than the hotel.

I just dnt understand the dynamic bc majority of the girls who have P's, be looking raggedy af, same outfits, raggedy weaves, tore up shoes, cakey makeup and their P's be wearing fake jewelry & designer.

How is a man gone teach you how to sell yo own pussy, esp when google is available!?!?
    "Getting Money Will Always Be THE MOTIVE!"

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MintChocolate For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast