Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 fitness thread

Thanks
    Thanked 13,473 Times in 6,034 Posts

Default 2022 fitness thread

Let’s talk about body goals here.
    We can talk fitness and healthy eating.

I’m really happy with my weight loss plan.
    I got serious about it after things creeping up and getting “ curvy “ in 2016 -early 2019.
    I think I gained so slowly I didn’t really notice if that makes sense .
    Bodies can be so nuanced .
    I hit some depression struggles in 2017-2019!

Anyway .... serious progress has been made.
    I’m embarrassed to say I was about 185 at 5’8”. late 2018 at my " worst ".
    I think I got more serious about progressing in mid 2019 and through 2020 ( plus I had more time when not absorbed constantly by my business ).
    I'm at about 167-169 now ( based on the day / salt intake factor ha ).
    I would say I have a few pounds left to go .

I am just finding fitness and the time lines it takes to see progress fascinating lately.

For me I think I can maintain this progress with about 45 min. at the gym 6 days a week ( plus it takes 10 each way to get there ) . OR I can skip that time frame if I'm hiking or doing something active that day.
    Last edited by carmen_b; 10-13-2021 at 11:53 AM.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: 2022 fitness thread

I mostly ride the bike at the gym ( I can be on phone!).

One hack I use is that I only use IG while working out.
    Then I get a “ treat “ .
    Last edited by carmen_b; 09-09-2021 at 12:17 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Set your goals here for the next 1-6 months !
    What are you working on?
    Last edited by carmen_b; 09-09-2021 at 12:38 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,553 Times in 853 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

I should make myself accountable somewhere for my current fitness goals.

I got back into lifting with progressive overload as my goal couple of years ago. Previously it had been a messy 5 years for me but despite that managed to do Pilates 5x a week. Now that I am back to the body I feel most comfortable in I can focus on fine tuning. I have a home gym set up with rack and an ever expanding dumbbell collection. Use a nice women’s standard bar. I currently lift 6x a week in a push/pull/lower set up and I have no plans to tweak that.

chest is my week spot, currently benching 95lbs would really like to get to 110-115lbs in 3 months

RDLs are stuck at 45lbs per side, would like that at 55 by end of year.

The most important goal for me is that I use my wrist braces every time I workout. I have joint hyper mobility which was great growing up with gymnastics and dance not so great as I work a physical job in addition to my fitness regime. So big goal is no exceptions I have to wear it.

I also have pretty much cut out Pilates now which seems silly because I love it so much, so goal is to do a full session mat workout once a month to replace a lifting day. And another short session 2x a month on my rest day or in addition whatever works with the exercises and how rested I feel. It’s great that I am getting back to being able to know that about my body.

Good vibes to you all. Fitness really has helped my life in so many ways.
    If you never knew me, that'd probably be cheaper

If you really knew me, you would know I don't need ya- Saweetie

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kamiliam For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^ I think I’ve only been to yoga once in last 30 days.
    It’s hard to find a class in my ideal time ( noon to 2:30 is when I prefer to work out ).
    I want to shift back to getting at least 1 yoga day per week.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,114 Times in 6,219 Posts

This is kind of random but is fitness related... the yoga studio that opened a minute away from my house doesn't offer a single stretching-based class. Just vinyasa, hatha, restorative (which is nice, but restorative classes don't involve stretching... you kind of just flop around), meditation.. no yin class, no stretching. I know that you do a bit of stretching in all yoga classes, of course. But i really want 60-75 min of focused stretching a week to complement my daily walks and weekly gym visits. I know i could try to just stretch on my own, but i have no self discipline, and i love the class environment. Sigh...

The new studio also doesn't have an introductory / new-student special, which is really odd to me. They're pricey for a new studio. And the studio itself is bare-bones... you walk off of the street directly into the room where you practice (no lobby or divider). I'm a little perplexed about the pricing considering they have zero reviews and such a simple setup. I had high hopes for this studio, so I'm disappointed. Hopefully they'll improve over time.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^ That's a bummer. Maybe they will upgrade to a little lobby area and get some noise mitigation ( fabrics, water features ect. ) !
    Hopefully they will if they are more pricy than the norm.
    I have the pleasure of this seriously WONDERFUL studio. You walk in to a little rock and mystic type shop and then at the back is the yoga room.
    Typically people settle about 3-5 minutes ahead and then like one minute into class the door LOCKS for no disruptions. The women ( it's all women ) who created this place seem to really know what they are doing. I miss them. Their whole set up has moved ( now about a 19 minute drive from me instead of 9-10 min. ) to another section of town.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks

( moved over from Random )

I think my long term partner 2011-2018 hit a wall of frustration as I went from athletic to curvy-ish and didn't know what to do.
    I blame him a lot for not helping me get some help for mental health things but hell ..... I didn't even fully know what was going on myself. I just didn't transition well " out " of active club dancing and into a fitness routine.

My current partner I *know* had an issue because he told me a few weeks ago ( referencing my sizing being smaller now so to size down on this new thing I was getting ).

It is something that I could look at as a hurtful thing but to be fair he is *also* very serious about fitness and works out around 6 days a week. So of course he would notice if I lost 15 pounds ( roughly ) since we met. To be fair it IS noticeable in pictures too.

I will implement fitness now as an overall *lifestyle* choice. I was telling my partner last night that my depression had fooled me in 2018. I was so exhausted that it was almost like a voice in my ear saying " save EVERY bit of energy " which is 100% the OPPOSITE of what Dr.'s say to do. There is real science behind happiness levels with a more fit lifestyle so don't let negative voices get you.
    Last edited by carmen_b; 09-13-2021 at 08:31 PM.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,561 Times in 2,064 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Jumping in! I was lazy lately, even tho, wasn't already an accountability thread? I used to post in there often. I did lost some weight back when i was posting, i was looking so good. Then I started eating more and more and gained all the weight back. I am only 5'0 and 10 pounds mean transition from S to M, literally.

Anyway, my goal is just finish a workout program. It's 2 months long, I should finish it at october 31st and get back to sticking to intermittent fasting.
    I will start counting calories again because i feel i forgot to measure the servings and i feel i am eating more calories than i burn in a day. Being so short, my fitbit shows that i burn about 1500 calories in a day, if i don't workout. And i had tons of days without wroking out. 1500 calories is not so much so its easy to go overboard.
    My goal is to fit in S size pants again and finally take tons of hot pics and clips for work since lately i have been pretty self conscious about my belly and double chin.

My bf likes me the way i am, but he hates seeing me so self conscious, so he is denying me from eating crap. Everytime I make puppy eyes that i want something good to eat, he's like: "NOPE, you want to be hot, you don't get hot if we order what you want!". Even tho he is overweight, he holds himself from it, to help me (I hear him sneaking to the fridge tho, when i am working hahaha).

I am not worried about getting back to my old shape, i am rather unpatient. But i have to remind myself that time passes anyway and i have to make a lifetime habit of exercising and not snacking at night, if i want to be healthy and in shape and live long years and have no back pain, lol.
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,391 Times in 2,348 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

I deffo need to get fit again. I put on weight . I'm thinking to join a class. I carry too much on my middle.
    xoxo

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chanzep For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,471 Times in 3,145 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

I need to get back on track too. My dog died last month and it was incredibly sad and stressful and so I've been all over the place since then. Starting tomorrow(lol) I will be working out every day and eating better.

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Genoveve View Post
    I need to get back on track too. My dog died last month and it was incredibly sad and stressful and so I've been all over the place since then. Starting tomorrow(lol) I will be working out every day and eating better.
    I am sorry for your loss. It's freaking hard to lose a pet, so I get you. But, from tomorow...!! haha! Get back!
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,529 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    In Love

I haven't been able to go to the gym for three weeks because of my boob job. Thankfully I'm cleared Monday but I'll have to rethink my entire regimen. I'm just happy to be back.
    The first time I put on 30 llbs and couldn't shit for a week. This time I LOST 10 lbs and had no issues with bowel movements. :-p

I'd just like to maintain what I have for now. Maybe build a little more muscle? But definitely getting back into my regimen of 6x a week minimum of an hour.
    "Fake tits are like Kevlar. They don't guarantee your chances of survival but they sure as hell improve it."
    Tempest

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tempest666 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm always falling off of the exercise boat, which usually means i just drop the muscle i had built and my body softens up a bit. But i feel like i really notice it in my face, though i also think I'm the only one who would notice. The quality of my skin decreases, and i feel like my face just looks a bit more haggard and less tight??

Anyway, i think I'm going to give up on finding yoga for now. It's so expensive that if you don't like your studio, resentment builds pretty quickly. Going to try to go back to 1x cardio a week, 1x lifting a week, my usual nightly walks, and potentially 1x flexibility training at the gym a week.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^ Possibly the drop in option just every couple weeks ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carmen_b View Post
    ^ Possibly the drop in option just every couple weeks ?
    Really don't even have a studio around here that's worth the drop-in price tbh. I guess I'm kind of picky when it comes to yoga, lol!

Thanks

Goal is to go to the gym today! Probably just some cardio, light lifting, and maybe sauna or stretching depending on what I'm in the mood for. Just want to get the ball rolling again. It's so easy to work out when you're in the habit of working out, and it's really hard to get started again when you've been out for a while. My gym is only like 3 minutes away, so there are no excuses!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by charlie61 View Post
    Really don't even have a studio around here that's worth the drop-in price tbh. I guess I'm kind of picky when it comes to yoga, lol!
    Have you considered yoga programs to do at home, instead of going to a studio? I have been working out from home for 7 years or so, i don't like gyms so... here i am ))

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cutie101 View Post
    Have you considered yoga programs to do at home, instead of going to a studio? I have been working out from home for 7 years or so, i don't like gyms so... here i am ))
    Yeah. For me, it's hard to give up the studio environment. The studio itself, the music, the presence of the instructor and other students, being in a group environment... Just really different doing it at home or in a gym.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by charlie61 View Post
    Goal is to go to the gym today! Probably just some cardio, light lifting, and maybe sauna or stretching depending on what I'm in the mood for. Just want to get the ball rolling again. It's so easy to work out when you're in the habit of working out, and it's really hard to get started again when you've been out for a while. My gym is only like 3 minutes away, so there are no excuses!
    I did it! Felt good. 40 min cardio, 30 min stretching (still looking for the perfect stretching video). Just need to keep this momentum going. Or maybe commit to a schedule. Schedules are hard, because sometimes you just really don't feel like going. But then if you don't go, you stop going. Sigh.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Day 5 of the workout program is done. Tomorow i got an 18 min stretching routine, then tuesday is off.
    Tomorow i will add the extra credit challenges that are both 10 minutes each (10 min of booty and 10 min of abs routine). I skipped them, because the main workouts were 50 minutes and i couldn't take 10 extra minutes.

This upcoming week i have period coming and i am out of energy anyway. But i am determined to go trough another 5 days of workout, even if i have to do it low impact.

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,662 Times in 631 Posts
    My Mood
    Pensive

I'm going to try to do 2 cardio, 1 resistance and 2 yoga sessions a week. I'm not putting too much pressure on myself - the main thing is to regain some consistency, so if one of the cardio sessions ends up being a long walk, or I do just 20 minutes of yoga at home some days, it will all count.

I have some health issues going on and get ridiculously fatigued and dizzy lately for no obvious reason, and when I exercise intensely it's been taking several days to recover - so less intense but more consistent is my plan.
    I mainly want to tone my lower body and improve my endurance.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JessaJade For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cutie101 View Post
    Day 5 of the workout program is done. Tomorow i got an 18 min stretching routine, then tuesday is off.
    Tomorow i will add the extra credit challenges that are both 10 minutes each (10 min of booty and 10 min of abs routine). I skipped them, because the main workouts were 50 minutes and i couldn't take 10 extra minutes.

This upcoming week i have period coming and i am out of energy anyway. But i am determined to go trough another 5 days of workout, even if i have to do it low impact.
    That's what I've been struggling with, too. I don't remember this being an issue when i was younger. But when I'm on my period, I'm often exhausted, and then it takes me another week afterwards to get back into the habit of working out. So i fall off the boat for a couple of weeks every month. I'm getting to the point where it seems like i should have an actual schedule (and just commit to going in and doing something, even if it's just light cardio and stretching) to keep the momentum going. But even with an actual schedule, stuff can come up...

40. The Following User Says Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,662 Times in 631 Posts
    My Mood
    Pensive

OK I'm going to the gym. I was only half-heartedly planning to go as I couldn't sleep until really late last night and knew I wouldn't be able to get up and go early. It's now early afternoon...anyway, today I saw a picture of a badly dressed celebrity at an award ceremony and it reminds me of how my body gets when I'm out of shape. I feel like a bitch, but that is my motivation for today.

I feel exhausted from just walking lately and this is my first time at the gym in a few weeks, so I'm just going to do a gentle walk/run on the treadmill and then a decent stretch.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JessaJade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,471 Times in 3,145 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

I'm back on my workouts.. My short term goal is no chocolate for 3 days.

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast