Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2022 fitness thread

Thanks
    Thanked 12,601 Times in 4,179 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Default Re: 2022 fitness thread

So my current dietary plan is to have a healthy breakfast, a healthy dinner and then whatever I want for dessert. And protein shakes in between breakfast and dinner if I get hungry. I never eat lunch, I don't understand how anyone has time to make THREE meals a day and I say that as someone with plenty of time available. I love dessert way too much to try and cut it out, and since I'm not trying to drop a ton of weight I don't think I need to be super strict. I think just making sure I'm not having pancakes and donuts during the day on top of dessert will make a difference for me, plus I will feel better because too much sugar definitely makes me cranky. My exception will be for days where I go to Walmart because they sell Krispy Kremes by the registers and there's no way I can go there and not get a 12-pack to inhale. Fortunately I only go to Walmart like once every 4-8 weeks.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,636 Times in 8,968 Posts

^ I agree with you on the no times for three *actual* meals. If I have three one is something super easy like eggos or a pbj !

I'm trying to get better about prepping food for sure and am struggling with that lately.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,783 Times in 3,282 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

I piged out those 4 days during period, but I don't feel sorry. This week I am starting the Epic program, I am finally ready. Starting day 1 tomorow. I'll post about it.
    Who's in??
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

^^^I crave carbs a lot before my period. Pizza, fries, pastaÖ. Which donít get me wrong I normally love all of those things but I donít generally fiend for them. You know what I have been craving popcorn like crazy the last few days and my period is imminent, I bet thatís why. Fluorescent orange cheesy popcorn mmmmmmmmm.

Itís 12:30am and Iím wide awake, I assume Iím too energized from my workout a couple hours ago. I have had no coffee at all today and I have heard people say that they canít workout at night because then they canít sleep. Oops.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Genoveve View Post

It’s 12:30am and I’m wide awake, I assume I’m too energized from my workout a couple hours ago. I have had no coffee at all today and I have heard people say that they can’t workout at night because then they can’t sleep. Oops.
    I'm one of those who can't sleep after a workout. Sometimes I am able, tho. But only if I am already tired lol.
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Day 1 DONE! Entirely!!!!

Last time I complained I got muscle cramps. Today I managed to do the whole workout. First, I did both 5 minute warm ups. That meant 10 minutes of warm up in total, because I felt 5 minutes was too little. I was feeling that my muscles were still stiff after just 5 min.
    With little modifications and longer breaks when I felt I was getting cramps into my calves (those fucking variations of lunges!!). And I used lower weights.

Damn, I usually don't sweat that much after a strength workout, considering I am also using heavier weights. Not the case with this, at the end I was red like a boiled lobster, barely breathing, like I did 1 hour of HIIT, not low impact shit. And I only used 8 lb dummbells. Which shows how actually good this program is.
    Looking forward for tomorow. It's tiring but manageable because you don't move that slow, to start yawning, like the regular strength workouts, but you don't do cardio/ hiit either. It's not boring at all.
    Good good good shit!!

PS: My calves are on fire. When I left home to go to the camming apartament, I was squatting on the stairs, like I had a giant dildo in my ass Guess who's not wearing heels on cam this week, lol.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

^^^Oh nooooooooo the calf demon got you now. Good luck LOL.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Speaking of working out before sleep, today it's the day when I'll have to do it. I woke up super late and I decided to hop on cam and get done with work 1 hour earlier and do my workout, than working out and starting work later. So... only 1 coffee today instead of 2.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm up a pound.

I knew I would be.

It's all on me. I indulged a little food wise if I'm fully honest.

BACK to it !!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Day 2 DONE. I did it before sleep, because I woke up late. Fuck, it means that in about 10 hours I'll have to do day 3. Curious how I am gonna sleep.

Anyway. My wrists are gone, lol. I expect to have a hard time washing and styling my hair tomorow. And by the end of the workout I was already doing a simulation of push ups, because my wrists became spaghetti but it's only day 2, I expect in a month to not have these issues anymore. I used 3 kg (6 lb) and 4 kg (8 lb) dummbells.
    Really good workout and the music made it pass by fast. I really like this woman, you don't have time to get bored and 45 minutes actually go by really fast. In my case, 55 minutes because I also do the warm up videos.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Of course I couldn't sleep... I went to sleep late, woke up late, skipped workout. But I do it after work, so basically I didn't skip the day. It's gonna be a vicious cycle this week...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Day 3 done. It's been crazy, but I didn't push myself too much because I was afraid of injury, so I did what I could.
    90% of the time I looked like a helpess turtle on their back

Thanks

I'm going to have to work out at home today.
    Yoga or something. It is so hot ( over 100 ) degrees and I'm over at my AirBnB nowhere near my gym ugh.

Thanks

I got it pretty hard today.

My gym routine being off is making me off.
    Noon to 1 next 5 days!

Great workout now I’m chilled for my little convo with my partner about how I want our house to run.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Skipped my workout yesterday and this monring. Here I am, doing it again tonight, after work.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

This week is sucking for me. I think my last workout was on Tuesday; period derailed me on Wednesday, ended up with no time yesterday, probably not going to have time today and definitely not going to have time tomorrow. Very annoying.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^ If you get crunched for time you can do squats / yoga poses / girl push ups ( or real ones with your arms ha ) !

I had to do a similar " mini " workout at my AirBnB yesterday just because I didn't have time to do the restocks and the gym.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

^^What I ended up doing was basically a bunch of stiff-legged deadlifts. I figured in a time crunch they'd be the best because they work my back, the back of my arms, my core, my glutes and my hamstrings. I went heavier than I normally do too since it was the only exercise I was doing and I was able to really fatigue my hamstrings so I'm going to make sure I do them heavier all the time now. It looks like I'm actually going to have time to work out tonight so yay! Gonna do shoulders and abs, maybe quads if I have the time.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 521 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

I've been gradually losing weight for a year but seem to have hit a plateau. I've only just started back on weights though, i have an exercise routine for the week now and I think I'll cut out booze 4 nights per week. So I should see some more results I hope!!
    Might have more green tea instead of black, idk if it really does aid weight loss though, anyone know if there's anything to that?

34. The Following User Says Thank You to smeca For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Been off for 4 days with workouts, I have been away for the weekend too. Anyway, back to my regular routine for tomorow, continuing with day 4 of the workout program.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

^^What I ended up doing was basically a bunch of stiff-legged deadlifts. I figured in a time crunch they'd be the best because they work my back, the back of my arms, my core, my glutes and my hamstrings. I went heavier than I normally do too since it was the only exercise I was doing and I was able to really fatigue my hamstrings so I'm going to make sure I do them heavier all the time now.
    This workout made me so sore I had to take 2 days off. Shoulders and abs today, quads tomorrow.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

This workout made me so sore I had to take 2 days off. Shoulders and abs today, quads tomorrow.
    I need to get a mirror asap, to watch my workouts because I always feel I don't have a correct form when doing certain ones, including deadlifts. I mean, I am trying to be mindful of it, but I actually need to SEE lol.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

^^^I’m the same way. I know they say you’re not supposed to watch yourself in a mirror while you workout because it can be bad for your neck but I don’t care. With some things I find it really helpful.

With deadlifts you can try different variations too, everyone feels everything in different areas due to their anthropometry. Like for me because of my long torso and shorter legs conventional deadlifts end up being a straight back workout so I have to tweak the way I do them if I want my hamstrings to actually be doing the work. It might not be because you’re doing it wrong it might just have to do with your proportions.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

^^^I’m the same way. I know they say you’re not supposed to watch yourself in a mirror while you workout because it can be bad for your neck but I don’t care. With some things I find it really helpful.

With deadlifts you can try different variations too, everyone feels everything in different areas due to their anthropometry. Like for me because of my long torso and shorter legs conventional deadlifts end up being a straight back workout so I have to tweak the way I do them if I want my hamstrings to actually be doing the work. It might not be because you’re doing it wrong it might just have to do with your proportions.
    I am short, so it's not an issue for me, I got short arms haha.
    Speaking of neck, it causes injury if we stare all the time, but i just need it to just correct my form every few seconds and see if it's good. In time, I guess I will only check here and there, when I'll naturally have a good pose.

Thanks

Smeca :

You asked about tea and I think it helps because it helps you feel more full ( hot tea )!

I don’t know if there’s magic to tea but I feel like I eat a little less when I have a cup or two of hot tea.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast