Thread: It's not what you say, but how you say it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 241 Posts

Default It's not what you say, but how you say it.

I want to begin with saying, that I am not a natural born hustler. Sales was never something I inherently possessed, and stripping was something that I struggled with because I don't know how to "read" another person. I stumbled across this video, and it really helped me. Maybe this will help someone else who isn't naturally gifted at reading people too.

The Impact of Tonality (Video) - Charisma Matrix - YouTube

So I practiced the 3 different tonalities in the mirror. "Lets do an hour room". "We can do 1 hour for 600 or we can do 30 minutes for 300". "Should we do a dance this song, or wait till the next song". "We're going to have so much fun in VIP". I could go on and on. I messed around with each and every one of those lines in the 3 different pitches. I found that when I sell, many times my voice is rapport seeking mode. The lines that work the best for me are almost always in neutral tonality, as the video indicated.
    I never realized how often my voice inflects toward the end in so many of my social situations. "Hey how are you", "What was your day like". =o

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cutiecam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,282 Times in 2,473 Posts
    My Mood
    Devilish

Default Re: It's not what you say, but how you say it.

Quote Originally Posted by cutiecam View Post
    I want to begin with saying, that I am not a natural born hustler. Sales was never something I inherently possessed, and stripping was something that I struggled with because I don't know how to "read" another person. I stumbled across this video, and it really helped me. Maybe this will help someone else who isn't naturally gifted at reading people too.

The Impact of Tonality (Video) - Charisma Matrix - YouTube

So I practiced the 3 different tonalities in the mirror. "Lets do an hour room". "We can do 1 hour for 600 or we can do 30 minutes for 300". "Should we do a dance this song, or wait till the next song". "We're going to have so much fun in VIP". I could go on and on. I messed around with each and every one of those lines in the 3 different pitches. I found that when I sell, many times my voice is rapport seeking mode. The lines that work the best for me are almost always in neutral tonality, as the video indicated.
    I never realized how often my voice inflects toward the end in so many of my social situations. "Hey how are you", "What was your day like". =o
    The first tonality he talks about reminds me of Jimmy Fallon with his people pleasing voice and the last tone of voice he used as an example reminds me of Dwayne Johnson. Guess who I'd give my money to? LOL.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 396 Posts

Thanks for the links, I’ll listen to it later

Thanks
    Thanked 7,103 Times in 2,214 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Thank you, cutie! I checked the video and it's really interesting!
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *