Thread: Starting from COMPLETE scratch

Thanks

Default Starting from COMPLETE scratch

For the longest time I have wanted to be a stripper. The problem is I donít possess any of the traits needed to be a stripper. Iím not outgoing or in shape, and I canít dance (or maybe I should say Iíve never tried). I cant even walk in heels.

What would you do in my situation? Would you throw in the towel altogether or
    would you become a YT student (which I am willing to do although Iím aware some things cannot be taught)?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 2,325 Posts
    My Mood
    Devilish

Default Re: Starting from COMPLETE scratch

Maybe try it for a few weeks and see if it works for you as well as reading the hustle posts in the search area on here to help you?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 Times in 812 Posts

Buy some cheap high, I mean really high, heels and walk around in them whenever and wherever you can. There's a learning curve.

HTH
    Z

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zofia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,535 Times in 6,054 Posts

The reality is that not everyone can do the job ( just being totally honest ).
    You say you are " out of shape " but what does that mean ? If you are like 10-15 pounds past bmi recommendations you can still try dive or mid tier places. If you are height / weight proportionate but were just being cheeky in your description try nicer clubs too.

Honestly that way to start is to .... well .... start.

Grab any sexy outfit you've got. Do your makeup and hair as best you can , grab some heels, go to a place and try it.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,482 Times in 3,149 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

WHY do you want to be a stripper? Because it looks fun or because you need money?

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

If you're curious enough just go ahead and try it. That's what I did after hmming and hawing for years.

You don't need to invest too much at first just go in looking your best with bra & panties, some song ideas and heels. A lot you learn as you go.

Stripperweb is obviously a huge wealth of information and I also really like Strategic Stripping on youtube.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bananaqueen For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I feel like stripping looks better than the reality- especially the post-covid reality of clubs. But you do you. Try it out and get it out of your system if you hate it. Or try it and enjoy it enough to keep at it.

Have you at least tried coming in as a customer and checking it out in person?

Imo have another job/hustle/business or do school and do not make stripping your only thing. These clubs are not consistent enough anymore and it is way too much touching or straight up hooking going on for a lot of the quality girls and customers to come in very much anymore. Also fees for customers and dancers seem to be higher in many regions to try and recoup some of these covid losses, and this further diminishes customer foot traffic and makes it harder on the dancers.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to random stripper For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

I keep thinking of Marina Starr's gif that says "We're not going back!" LOLLLLLL. Stripping is not exciting (except for pole work IMO). It's a mentally exhausting job over time and has a high turnover rate for a reason.
    Last edited by indiegirl; 09-22-2021 at 12:30 AM.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by indiegirl View Post
    I keep thinking of Marina Starr's gif that says "We're not going back!" LOLLLLLL. Stripping is not exciting (except for pole work IMO). It's a mentally exhausting job over time and has a high turnover rate for a reason.
    all sex work is, its the same with camming.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to honeybirdette For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 24,087 Times in 4,070 Posts

Start off as a waitress. It is a way to dip your toes into that world without being on stage. If you are a bit to chubby, management might put you on day shift as a waitress hoping you will run that weight off serving drinks. But being a waitress that pulls in good money is highly competitive too.
    Video blogs on Camming industry & how to succeed at camming.

Personality is the glitter that sends your little gleam across the footlights and the orchestra pit into that big black space where the audience is. Mae West

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Genoveve View Post
    WHY do you want to be a stripper? Because it looks fun or because you need money?
    Both! My plan is to get a “real job” for three years so that I can save enough for the costs that come with it. Along with saving I would work on the things I need to work on (sex appeal, sales, walking in heels, learning lingo) via YouTube, Udemy, classes, etc

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sam38g View Post
    Start off as a waitress....
    What's the difference between a waitress in a strip club and a stripper? About two weeks.

XOXO
    Z

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zofia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by IGMO View Post
    Both! My plan is to get a “real job” for three years so that I can save enough for the costs that come with it. Along with saving I would work on the things I need to work on (sex appeal, sales, walking in heels, learning lingo) via YouTube, Udemy, classes, etc
    Three years of prep just to START stripping? This doesn't seem like a realistic plan at all. Also all the prep in the world is not going to prepare you for the actual reality of what your shifts will be like.

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,496 Times in 398 Posts

What costs? You only need some clothes and makeup probably. Three years is a long time to prepare for something you don't even know if you'll be able to do. Isn't it better to just try it out now and see if it's for you at all? Imagine preparing for three years just to find out that you hate it and that you can't take the reality of it. During those years you could even miss out on other opportunities because you have your mind set on stripping despite not knowing whether or not you're suited for it. If you're very young and never had another job it could be a good idea to try something else first, but I think by "preparing" for three years you risk building a lot of unrealistic expectations just to be hit with a completely different reality once you start stripping.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Likethis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 24,087 Times in 4,070 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zofia View Post
    What's the difference between a waitress in a strip club and a stripper? About two weeks.

XOXO
    Z
    Haha True

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________

If you are going to wait three years, then you are wasting everyone's time here. Either you have what it takes or you don't, 3 years will not determine anything. Go start off as a waitress and serve drinks within an a few weeks you will get a taste of what men are like in a strip club & what it takes to make money in one.

Also 3 years of waiting to do anything unless those years are spent on a degree or learning a trade is wasting your life away. Either go for it or figure something else out to do. At the most 3 months to get in shape, wear high heels daily for longer & longer amount of time and all kinds of online dance tutorials for basic moves. But none of that teaches what you really need to know how to do which is hustle men for money.
    Video blogs on Camming industry & how to succeed at camming.

Personality is the glitter that sends your little gleam across the footlights and the orchestra pit into that big black space where the audience is. Mae West

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^ Was the three years a typo ?

Did you mean weeks / months ?

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,419 Times in 812 Posts

It kind of sounds like you see stripping as a hobby, or a means of personal validation? Or maybe have been watching a lot of IG/TikTok strippers and have a skewed idea of what the job is about? If that's the case there's a recent discussion on here about the reality of strip club life vs what those women portray on their social media.

Getting your personal sense of identity too tied up in the strip club world (deriving self worth from being able to get hired at a certain club, making $xxxx per night, compliments from men, or having XXX,XXX followers on IG) is dangerous.
    Last edited by lurkingtitties; 09-25-2021 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Added an x to the $ per night needed to be happy

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lurkingtitties For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^ yep.

Staying up late is also really annoying after awhile.
    It’s my most agitating part of the job.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by Sam38g View Post
    But none of that teaches what you really need to know how to do which is hustle men for money.
    Exactly. You will need major sales and people/people reading skills and the only way you really learn these things is through a lot of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingtitties View Post
    It kind of sounds like you see stripping as a hobby, or a means of personal validation? Or maybe have been watching a lot of IG/TikTok strippers and have a skewed idea of what the job is about? If that's the case there's a recent discussion on here about the reality of strip club life vs what those women portray on their social media.

Getting your personal sense of identity too tied up in the strip club world (deriving self worth from being able to get hired at a certain club, making $xxxx per night, compliments from men, or having XXX,XXX followers on IG) is dangerous.
    Agreed. It seems like she thinks it's going to be a cool, glamorous way to make money. It's not, it's a job like anything else and it doesn't even end up being actually lucrative for most women.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by Genoveve View Post
    Three years of prep just to START stripping? This doesn't seem like a realistic plan at all. Also all the prep in the world is not going to prepare you for the actual reality of what your shifts will be like.
    Sometimes I don't understand some of these newbies. For me personally, I decided "today is the day" and walked in the club to get hired. I didn't need to prepare for anything or get advice if I was good enough in the present condition. That's wasted money and experience you could've made as well as time in my opinion. They either will hire you or won't and you shuffle it to the next club if not.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by indiegirl View Post
    Sometimes I don't understand some of these newbies. For me personally, I decided "today is the day" and walked in the club to get hired.
    Pretty much the same for me. I was 18 and the "manager" of the spaghetti joint I was waiting table as pinched my bottom and told me I'd get way better shifts if I gave him a BJ. I worked the rest of my shift, collected my tips, turned in my apron and walked out the door. Never looked back. Haven't eaten at that particular restaurant ever since.

The next day, I walked into a strip club in Indy (my home town) and asked to audition. I danced a three song set, and got hired on the spot. Stripped part time through fall and spring semesters in college, I stripped full time in the summers. Thanks to some great advice on this site's predecessor and some really cool ladies, I saved some money from ever shift. Thanks to a great guy who is a business professor at Indiana University, I got my stripping business and taxes set up right. So, the money I made counted toward my getting apartments and later my first mortgage and my first decent car.

XOXO
    Z

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zofia For This Useful Post:

Thanks

For the longest time I have wanted to be a stripper. The problem is I don’t possess any of the traits needed to be a stripper. I’m not outgoing or in shape, and I can’t dance (or maybe I should say I’ve never tried). I cant even walk in heels.

What would you do in my situation? Would you throw in the towel altogether or
    would you become a YT student (which I am willing to do although I’m aware some things cannot be taught)?
    I can totally relate to this. I am definitely not the type of person you would expect to be doing this for a living. I have always been shy and socially awkward and really had to get used to being in heels for long periods of time.
    I would recommend going a club first if you havent already to see how it is. For me, i really just jumped right into without research at all and had all my interviews etc over the phone so my first ever time in a strip club my first night working in one as a dancer.
    I say if i can do it then anyone can. Its scary at first and i remember not being able to hide my overwhelming embarrassment of walking around a crowed club in my tiny cut out leotard thing. But it does get easier over time.

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,900 Times in 1,878 Posts

Honestly, you just are or aren’t cut out for this industry-it’s sink or swim. You just have to jump in the deep end and see what happens. It’s not like they’ll force you to stay if you don’t like it. I’d just do it.

One day you put on heels and bam you’re a stripper. All of sudden you start learning how to fake intimacy to get money from horny men and how to dance sexy. It’s the magical power of the pleasers.
    Last edited by moneybags; 09-28-2021 at 02:13 AM.
    Focus more on what you want than on what you donít want

43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post: