Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Financial Recovery after Covid

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,175 Times in 4,137 Posts

Default Re: Financial Recovery after Covid

Another way to save is to use credit cards that offer discounts on different products or stores. I get a 3% discount on gasoline with my Bank of America card. Target's credit card gives a 5% discount at Target stores.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,343 Times in 6,332 Posts

A $550 invoice went out ...
    Wish me luck

Since the business has dead it is always for future work / retainers !
    It’s not bad really if it’s moving !
    Last edited by carmen_b; 10-16-2021 at 09:40 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^ Paid !

Sweet !

That's $1200 so far plus some for " future " work ( when I actually go out on the job ).
    I should keep better track of what future earnings hit which sales month ( I aim to fill up the calendar but haven't been that detailed so far ). I realized I want that info in my notes so that I can calculate a pretty exact " this advertising yielded this much " set of monthly notes even if some of the earnings I won't see for 1-4 months.
    I think I need to start adding those estimates into my notes about which leads closed and which didn't !

Spent about $300 last three weeks for Google Ads and will hit another $100 in upcoming week .

SO ..... a happy amount to hit this month would actually be $2400 so I can re-coup that ad money loss.
    I am half way there at a mid-point in the month so I'm pleased and feeling positive.
    At least things are MOVING thank god. As things are now I can pick up other work too ( should have no problem doing some club days or even a small part time gig elsewhere ).

Thanks

I'm experiencing some *awareness* lets stay of really not wanting to have to do the club .

I had ear marked tomorrow for an audition at a new place BUT I think today is the day before period and tomorrow is day #1!
    I already feel like a bloated whale.
    The place I'm going is famous for it's weird " get in two piece and let us see you in this fully lit room " akward on boarding for entertainers.

I haven't written off the trip entirely but I am leaning towards a more dive type place if I go haha.
    If I can't de-bloat via midol or something I can use the self tanner trick on just my middle but tricks only get you so far lol . I might go tan today to attempt to get some color and keep on track with my plan.

^ It really isn't the driving ( which is two hours and I'd stay 2-3 days with a local friend ) bugging me it's more the fear of my cycle being a bad mix. I'm not sure where it will land BUT the club is more fun anyway when you at least have *some* $ instead of already being panicked when walking in .

7. The Following User Says Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,393 Times in 6,313 Posts

^ i know what you mean. I do remember the days when i was dancing as a sole source of income as a newbie, and i would go into work regardless of my cycle. It was only later in my career, when i got really serious about the money, that i started to skip shifts when i was looking less than ideal. That said, i do think it's legit to avoid the scrutiny that comes with an audition at rhino or similar when you aren't looking or feeling your best! I think the dive plan sounds good!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^ With nice clubs I personally get paranoid of returning later ( even though there is such a slim chance they may remember ) ha.
    I just get a paranoia like the manager being " this bitch again ...... ".
    Last edited by carmen_b; 10-17-2021 at 04:28 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Tomorrow - Wed. would be a really wonderful time to go haha.
    J's family is in town and they have an akward visiting style of A LOT of lingering around the house v.s. a more active visiting style ( lets meet at place xyz at 5 p.m. ) which is different than my preferences and something that wears on my nerves . Avoiding it and even making cash seems pretty good. Hopefully I can get some meds going on this tummy ha.

Thanks

I have another lead for something that could yeild a $600 deposit today and then a $400 work day in two weeks.
    ^ Technically with the payment schedule it could all fall on the month of Oct. in the books!
    THAT would be nice.
    I've been trying to close it for a couple days. I am kind of on the fence about " throwing in " something that costs me a little but would provide an incentive to book by the end of day today. I'm not sure if I'll do that though. It IS short notice already so I feel like their options might be limited anyway.
    Fingers crossed but as always its not ever done until it's done ( paid ) !

I feel like enough has come together with day job that I probably don't need to go the club tonight with this swollen belly ha. It might still be good to go soon though . Getting ahead would feel good after months of $ scarcity.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,198 Times in 581 Posts

Well because I am tired of paying money to live with assholes, I've decided to live in my car and sleep at a safe lot at night. I was forced into retirement because of covid -club closed- but it was time for me to go anyway because things at the club went so downhill. I plan on working as a grocery getter and am promoting my book in hopes it will generate sales. It's been hard. Once I save up a good nest egg, I want to find a new home for my son and me. I'll save up enough for a few month's rent as well as money for decorating and furniture. Pots and pans and crap. They need to start giving showers to single women in their 40s who never got married so I'm not forced into having to buy all this crap.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LoveyD For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^ Lovey : I am following along your story !

I've lived " rough " too before in attempts in save ( also doing vehicle dwelling in summers and then later in hawaii living room and patio dwelling for cheap haha ) . Saving on those month to month costs WILL save money. It does work !!
    If I came to your rough area to work ( I occasionally do for day job ) I would honestly probably do the same thing ( stay in my car 80% of the time ) to avoid the high hotel costs.

You seem good at your grocery gig too .

I feel like car living can have this upside too when it comes to motivation.
    What I mean is when you have the space to lounge and be cozy it is EASY to do it.
    When your environment is a little less cozy it can be a natural push to get motivated and out doing things and being productive ( which will yield $ ).
    Last edited by carmen_b; 10-18-2021 at 03:30 PM.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^ I use affirmations and visualizations too.

It's been a long time since I used one of my faves.
    I will meditate on it soon.
    I like to lay flat and pictures bills stuck to the ceiling.
    Then they slowly " unstick " starting as a corner and peel off eventually falling on me.

It's an image I like to put in my mind before each club shift but I want to visualize this in regular life too.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^^ I love that visualization! Gonna try that!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveyD For This Useful Post:

Thanks

A lot of my energy today was absorbed by seeing if that job in 13 days paid their retainer or not.
    The short notice ones can be hard that way. I can not expect people to hold their schedules open unless the booking is official ( paid ) . They will hold for me in pending status but I don't expect them to do that for more than 5-6 hours .

Since it's 13 days out ( requires a 4 person team ) I just sent the pending client a message letting them know I recommend booking by 5 p.m. to ensure we get each team member officially booked. It's true that unless they do we might not have the full team. We will see.
    Last edited by carmen_b; 10-20-2021 at 08:46 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^ They want to check on this other location .
    :/
    Hmmmm not sure if I will or not ( I do need the updated info for other jobs though ).
    I don’t really care anymore on this one.
    It’s the strip club equivalent of the guy who you think might buy quickly but you have realized you misjudged. Then you need to make an exit so your energy doesn’t get dragged down!
    Ok you teased me about giving me $1,000. You got me. Moving on ...

Buy something or GO away. No deals either. Buy what’s on the website for the price listed or go bother someone else.
    Last edited by carmen_b; 10-20-2021 at 08:47 AM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,175 Times in 4,137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LoveyD View Post
    Well because I am tired of paying money to live with assholes, I've decided to live in my car and sleep at a safe lot at night. I was forced into retirement because of covid -club closed- but it was time for me to go anyway because things at the club went so downhill. I plan on working as a grocery getter and am promoting my book in hopes it will generate sales. It's been hard. Once I save up a good nest egg, I want to find a new home for my son and me. I'll save up enough for a few month's rent as well as money for decorating and furniture. Pots and pans and crap. They need to start giving showers to single women in their 40s who never got married so I'm not forced into having to buy all this crap.
    Do you know if you qualify for Section 8?

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,117 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LoveyD View Post
    I love the idea of getting showers in our 40ís. Seriously itís not cheap to furnish an apartment. Youíll find a place soon. Look at buy nothing on Facebook. A girl from our group furnished her whole apartment for FREE. Iím sure youíll manifest a good living situation. The hardest part of being in a bad place is remembering itís temporary. Worse-in my opinion-it becomes easier to attract more bad stuff. You have to ignore all the bad shit showing up and focus on what you do want to attract. Be grateful AF. Donít have the towels you want for your apartment, be grateful you have towels. Donít have a place to live, be grateful you have a car to sleep in. This year has been one the worst years in my life! I lost everything! You just have to stay positive and keep at it. Seems people like to kick you when your down. Avoid negative people and just focus on what you need to do. You can do it Lovey D!
    Focus more on what you want than on what you donít want

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^ Plus you can start with an air mattress and like one cup / spoon while you gather everything slowly back up !
    I have DONE it ! + 1 for the FB marketplace. You can find people moving on there and get things cheap and slowly build your space up .
    Last edited by carmen_b; 10-21-2021 at 08:37 AM.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Little by little.

I got a couple more nibbles.
    Won't even talk deets until they close haha. It's not an egg until it hatches.

My end goal for Oct. is a $2,000 profit from the business ( not counting the little future earnings amounts but just what we actually cleared in OCT. itself AFTER advertising costs ).
    I am also hoping for another $400-$500 from the club next week.

^ I know the amounts are small but this is my " restart " .

What is everyone else up to ? What are you hoping to achieve this month with your income streams ? You don't have to put actual numbers, ha ! I just find they help me stay focused !
    Last edited by carmen_b; 10-21-2021 at 10:59 AM.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

I thought I was going to equal pre-covid earnings this month, but I'm going to be short by $500-600.
    November will definitely be better, that will be the time I pass pre-covid highs.
    Work hard in silence and let success make the noise

35. The Following User Says Thank You to kimbe For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,117 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carmen_b View Post
    Little by little.

I got a couple more nibbles.
    Won't even talk deets until they close haha. It's not an egg until it hatches.

My end goal for Oct. is a $2,000 profit from the business ( not counting the little future earnings amounts but just what we actually cleared in OCT. itself AFTER advertising costs ).
    I am also hoping for another $400-$500 from the club next week.

^ I know the amounts are small but this is my " restart " .

What is everyone else up to ? What are you hoping to achieve this month with your income streams ? You don't have to put actual numbers, ha ! I just find they help me stay focused !
    Iím just happy to be cash flow positive again. This month I had to move, fix my car, and invest in my body. Just getting cash flow positive is my main goal this month.

Next month I need to attack debt I accrued from Covid.
    Focus more on what you want than on what you donít want

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,440 Times in 5,999 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Ladies, buy stock. The world is changing rapidly and with the right stock portfolio, you can benefit from that.

39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Woo-Hoo. Momma got a $950 retainer yesterday.
    It was a same day sale. Prrrrrrr .....

It's not going to be the *easiest* because it is a holiday time frame. I will really need to hustle to get everyone in place to work.
    BUT hell ..... I will never turn down a fast moving customer.
    It's been a million years since a same day sale happened ( I don't actually even know the last time as it's been so long ).

That has brought me *very* close to the monthly goal but still about $50 short so it's not right on the nose but I'm sure it will get there. I'll keep going of course and see what else I can rustle up.
    Last edited by carmen_b; 10-22-2021 at 11:54 AM.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks

IF I'm being honest I let that job that " teased " me with the $1,000 agitate me ( ha ! ) .
    I hate to admit that but it was a lot of work checking with 4 people seeing if they could work 11-13 days from now.

It just got me thinking a bit on how to better " solve " it for next time.
    When they originally contacted me 6 days ago I felt like it was doable but I think next time ( if ) this happens i will warn the customer that if they are not completely booked ( paid ) 14 days out that the team will charge a +20-25% premium from there for assembling on shorter notice ( 12-13 days out ). It seems normal to me because I don't want to be held responsible for keeping anyones schedule open and people should know a minimum of 14 days ahead if they are working.

Gotta shake it off so the disorganized vibes don’t get on my ( better ) recently booked customer.
    Last edited by carmen_b; 10-23-2021 at 09:12 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2 View Post
    Do you know if you qualify for Section 8?
    I might look into that. Thank you.

44. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveyD For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moneybags View Post
    I love the idea of getting showers in our 40’s. Seriously it’s not cheap to furnish an apartment. You’ll find a place soon. Look at buy nothing on Facebook. A girl from our group furnished her whole apartment for FREE. I’m sure you’ll manifest a good living situation. The hardest part of being in a bad place is remembering it’s temporary. Worse-in my opinion-it becomes easier to attract more bad stuff. You have to ignore all the bad shit showing up and focus on what you do want to attract. Be grateful AF. Don’t have the towels you want for your apartment, be grateful you have towels. Don’t have a place to live, be grateful you have a car to sleep in. This year has been one the worst years in my life! I lost everything! You just have to stay positive and keep at it. Seems people like to kick you when your down. Avoid negative people and just focus on what you need to do. You can do it Lovey D!
    Thank you for the encouragement. I am looking at financial advisors to help me build a portfolio too. I think the plan is to live out of my car for another two months and just keep working, saving, pay bills and get my credit score up. Save some money to invest and save for a new home. Now that I have a free safe place to sleep and a place to safely enjoy a hot shower, I can handle this for a little while.
    This is a time for rebuilding. I think I've lost a few lbs from working out almost every day. It's part of what makes me feel confident and healthy. I made the conscious decision to cut assholes out of my life and save money and it's been doing me good. It was stressful at first but I've adjusted and found ways to make things more comfortable for myself.
    I'm enjoying car life by choice. Soon I will have my own place for me and kiddo again.

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveyD For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast