Thread: Am I Being Crazy, Or....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Dizzy Am I Being Crazy, Or....

So there's a girl at the club I work at, we'll call her Trish. Trish joined the club at the same time I did, but I was brand new and she'd been dancing for a while. I make a HUGE effort to be kind to fellow dancers. I have some social disorders, so I know I can be a little hard to work with, and I needed a lot more help when I started than other girls might have needed. I was nice to Trish, and she seemingly reciprocated.
    Now, Trish wears a LOT of glitter. Face, outfits, body spray, etc.. I had read from this website and had been told by other dancers that glitter was a bad idea (it gets on customers). I politely asked Trish how she kept the glitter on, assuming she knew this info too and had a smart trick to prevent the glitter from getting on customers. She basically said "I don't give a shit if it gets on them or on y'all, it's not my problem". That was weird to me, but I'm a super sensitive person, so I assumed it was no big deal.
    A couple nights later, I started work and wanted to stretch. Our club uses a jukebox which you have to pay per song. I asked Trish if she'd like to stretch with me, and that I'd pick the music. I put on something I usually put on, probably Ghost or Glass Animals, something fun, but just to stretch to. While I was stretching, though, Trish was going hog wild on the pole; no stretching, no practice. It was stuff you'd definitely want to stretch before. I minded my own business, though, and stretched on my own. After the first song, she yelled at me "I can't vibe to this!". She kept sighing and huffing, eventually telling me that my music wasn't good enough for her, but she was still taking up the stage and dancing. I just got off stage because I didn't want to hear her sighing and I was done stretching anyway.
    After that, I didn't really talk to Trish. I could tell something was up, maybe she didn't like me or my energy, which is fine. Can't please everyone lol. I just minded my own business. She, however, kept approaching me. She would interrupt me and customers I was talking to, then accuse me of approaching her customers (which isn't a thing lol, if you haven't sat with him all night he isn't "yours"). She would tell me a customer asked for me, then when I'd talk to the customer, they'd say they never had. She'd tell me a customer would "love me", but when I'd try talking to the customer, it would turn out he either didn't speak English or was flat out broke. Ugh!!!!!!!!
    Anyway, right before I took a break from dancing (going back soon! ) she was bothering this one customer during the last song of the night. He kept refusing over and over, and she was clinging to him. It was pretty embarrassing honestly. I said she should stop, it wasn't worth it, he wasn't interested and there were other customers to try to convince. Idk if she knew this guy or was into him, or she just thought he was a baller. Anyway, the guy took my hand and took me to the lapdance section. I was obviously confused, but I wasn't going to be mad about making some money. After that, she just didn't talk to me. I was thankful, since she'd been totally wasting my time, but now I'm worried. Will she try to jump me when I go back? I didn't ask the guy to dance. I haven't been the aggressor in any situation here. I've been nice at best and totally neutral at worst. Am I imagining hostility or am I actually in danger? Ugh I feel so silly for asking y'all but you're all way more experienced (and rational) than me :] ty in advance!

Thanks
    Thanked 19,731 Times in 6,415 Posts

Default Re: Am I Being Crazy, Or....

I think this is a good lesson to keep to yourself in the club, now that you're more experienced! I find that dancer drama almost always passes through like a rainstorm... there one minute, gone the next. I would just pretend like all of that never happened. Try to give off good vibes to everyone without making a bunch of eye contact and conversation, and stay busy. Lone-wolf vibes. Nothing you said makes me think you're in danger, unless i missed something?

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

She sounds kind of nutty...I wouldn't take anything she says literally or personally... but I don't think you're in danger either..
    It helps to be on management's good side..
    I too can attest that club drama passes. Even if "you're taking your turn" being the center of it- which happened to me unfortunately. Just give it time. I left for awhile then came back and it was fine. Back to business as usual. Everyone is there for the same reason.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bananaqueen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by charlie61 View Post
    I think this is a good lesson to keep to yourself in the club, now that you're more experienced! I find that dancer drama almost always passes through like a rainstorm... there one minute, gone the next. I would just pretend like all of that never happened. Try to give off good vibes to everyone without making a bunch of eye contact and conversation, and stay busy. Lone-wolf vibes. Nothing you said makes me think you're in danger, unless i missed something?
    I don't think I'm in danger but you never know, she could just be showing the tip of the iceberg. I think you're totally right, though. Good vibes and a lone wolf mindset are what I need to focus on. Thank you for the advice <3

Thanks

Omg, sounds like Trish did NOT get the hint to make money elsewhere. Ignore everything/anything she says she sucks at making money AND tried to mess with your money.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bloom2018 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Bloom2018 View Post
    Omg, sounds like Trish did NOT get the hint to make money elsewhere. Ignore everything/anything she says she sucks at making money AND tried to mess with your money.
    EXACTLY like girl, money comes to those who work smart! Trying to customer hog will get you NOWHERE lol. It kind of makes sense why she complains every night about not making much, like, the customers are probably frightened/annoyed with you!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hyperprincess For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 24,768 Times in 4,184 Posts

You are not there to make friends, but to make money. If a friendship happens, then it is just a bonus. Personally, it cracks me up that Trish wears glitter & gets it all over the customers. Them washing their own clothes or trying to hide the evidence should be a part of their strip club experience.

Mostly I see that you came here to vent about Trish and how she does business. Then she may come here to vent about how another dancer is all up in her biz. Let Trish burn her own bridges...

If she jumps you, then kick her ass. Sometimes fights have to happen, then sometimes if you stand your ground and not tolerate her bullshit they will just move the fuck on. One thing, you can not let another dancer intimidate you or run off your money.
    Video blogs on Camming industry & how to succeed at camming.

Personality is the glitter that sends your little gleam across the footlights and the orchestra pit into that big black space where the audience is. Mae West

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,152 Times in 2,711 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Sam38g View Post
    You are not there to make friends, but to make money. If a friendship happens, then it is just a bonus. Personally, it cracks me up that Trish wears glitter & gets it all over the customers. Them washing their own clothes or trying to hide the evidence should be a part of their strip club experience.

Mostly I see that you came here to vent about Trish and how she does business. Then she may come here to vent about how another dancer is all up in her biz. Let Trish burn her own bridges...

If she jumps you, then kick her ass. Sometimes fights have to happen, then sometimes if you stand your ground and not tolerate her bullshit they will just move the fuck on. One thing, you can not let another dancer intimidate you or run off your money.
    It's like a hidden glitter bomb they didn't know was coming! Ugh I felt so bad because I'd use that Sally Hansen spray-on dark tanner in the past to cover blemishes on my legs or for stage dancing bruising and some guy had tan pants. Bless his soul when he went outside to see the damage I did to his pants at the club. Haven't worn that stuff for so many years. Too funny thinking about it now.
    Last edited by indiegirl; Yesterday at 05:54 AM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 24,768 Times in 4,184 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by indiegirl View Post
    It's like a hidden glitter bomb they didn't know was coming! Ugh I felt so bad because I'd use that Sally Hansen spray-on dark tanner in the past to cover blemishes on my legs or for stage dancing bruising and some guy had tan pants. Bless his soul when he went outside to see the damage I did to his pants at the club. Haven't worn that stuff for so many years. Too funny thinking about it now.
    HA!!! Too funny, that stuff was never supposed to transfer off, but used it for a shoot & ruined a white sheet set at a posh hotel.

Helping them hide the evidence that they have been to a strip club was never in my job description. I love glitter & makes me feel like a star on stage.
    Video blogs on Camming industry & how to succeed at camming.

Personality is the glitter that sends your little gleam across the footlights and the orchestra pit into that big black space where the audience is. Mae West

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,960 Times in 11,799 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

I have a small roll on thing of glitter..