Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New bill passed requiring ALL platforms to send out 1099k at end of year?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,196 Times in 727 Posts

Default Re: New bill passed requiring ALL platforms to send out 1099k at end of year?

Quote Originally Posted by miss.a.p1600 View Post
    "various public references" = I pulled those numbers out of my ass and pushed them off as facts to make myself look smarter

Anyways Eric, What is your email address so I can send you an invoice?

We can start by taxing you
    Unless you have better numbers or something that shows that mine are not accurate then your post is nothing more than a cheap shot. And a silly one at that.

I will bet that you didn't bother to research the numbers yourself. I'm also guessing that you didn't bother to read ( Eagle's link ) Mr. Chait's article in New York Magazine. Mr. Chait conceded that it is "literally true" that the top 1 % pay 40% of the FEDERAL Income Taxes. He points out that it is somewhat incomplete to say that because it ignores state and local taxes and FICA which funds Social Security and most of Medicare.

According to the IRS ( I am sorely tempted to ask if you have heard of them but why should I respond in kind ? ) the top 1% of earners get 21 % of all the income and pay 40% of the Federal Income Taxes. If you don't like the IRS numbers please send them a strong letter. Or better yet, post better numbers yourself.
    Last edited by Eric Stoner; 01-11-2022 at 11:21 AM.
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks
    Thanked 1,682 Times in 534 Posts

Default Re: New bill passed requiring ALL platforms to send out 1099k at end of year?

I also think Eric enjoys posting random numbers he made up just to back up his opinion so he can intentionally be contrary to what someone is saying. Some of the unsavory of men on this forum love bombarding these threads with nothing valuable all they offer is their penchants for arguing with women.
    i see what you mean.
    stack cheddars forever, live treacherous, all the et ceteras

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minibagel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,731 Times in 6,415 Posts

I'm actually not surprised by this new law as I thought those apps were already reporting to IRS......

Anyone receiving income on those apps and thinking they're invisible is just lulling themselves into a false sense of financial security.

I'm old school.....'if it aint on paper, it didn't happen' and the only way to avoid the government taking obscene cuts is to get paid in cash (or use the Jeff Besos tax plan lol!!!).
    Agreed, i feel pretty naive - i thought all camgirls were reporting their income since it's all on paper. That's why I've always been perplexed by camming... these sites take 70% and then you have to pay 30%ish of the remaining amount towards taxes afterwards? I totally understand that that might be worth it for many workers' situations and preferences, but i could never stomach that. I'd rather do customer service or similar entry-level work for a company and have benefits, taxes paid, opportunities for advancement, etc.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,482 Times in 1,996 Posts
    My Mood
    Busy

This thread needs to be closed asap, it's completely off topic at this point. No one said anything about not paying taxes nor that the rich should be taxed. Camming still brings in decent money imo so your opinion is completely invalid. Most of us would rather make what we make & pay our taxes on that share than deal with a shitty customer service shit job and have to leave the home etc.
    Mods please close this, thnx.
    "Alot of people are afraid to say what they want, that's why they don't get what they want"~ Madonna

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^Apologies, it seemed like this was generating some useful discussion. We were talking about the topic at hand and offering our own perspectives, opinions, and thoughts.

I didn't mean to insult anyone, and I'm sorry if it felt that way. My commentary was more about how brutal the cut is in favor of these huge websites (it seems appalling to me that they take so much of your money), not about how little camgirls make.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 950 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

This will effect low earners in the industry more then high. There is this weird assumption made by some that there isn’t a variety of financial situations within the industry. And perhaps there is no reason other then hubris to assume that we are not often high income people who pay taxes. Uncle Sam is well aware of all my income.

There are high earners who don’t follow tax law, high earners who do, low earners that do and those who don’t. Some have companies some don’t. The difference usually lies that high earners will more likely have someone assisting them with their tax needs. Just like lawyers and doctors do when high earning to reduce their tax liability.
    If you never knew me, that'd probably be cheaper

If you really knew me, you would know I don't need ya- Saweetie

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kamiliam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 23,125 Times in 6,447 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

I'm not going to close the thread because it's a useful topic that should be discussed. BUT I will start to give out infractions if anymore people insert themselves into the conversation just to argue or insult people.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,196 Times in 727 Posts

It is a VERY useful thread. I probably should not have inserted myself. Mea culpa.
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks
    Thanked 30,327 Times in 11,075 Posts
    My Mood
    Amazed

Quote Originally Posted by PhatGirlDynomite!!! View Post
    I'm not going to close the thread because it's a useful topic that should be discussed. BUT I will start to give out infractions if anymore people insert themselves into the conversation just to argue or insult people.
    If you keep the thread open you should consider that the original post was referring to the government tracking income from Apps like PayPal, Venmo, Zelle etc. which is different from the title which says all “platforms” which is misleading.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^Yep, that was my bad for seeing the title and making assumptions that this was about camsites without reading the OP.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,153 Times in 2,711 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

I've been so out of the tax thing being sent to you in the mail for a while (you can see already how much I don't recall lol).....So are they actually sending you something in the mail with how much you made off the apps individually in the mail? I had to accept 1,000 in cashapp yesterday because he didn't have cash on hand and I get 900 a month from one of my roommates still.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,482 Times in 1,996 Posts
    My Mood
    Busy

Quote Originally Posted by indiegirl View Post
    I've been so out of the tax thing being sent to you in the mail for a while (you can see already how much I don't recall lol).....So are they actually sending you something in the mail with how much you made off the apps individually in the mail? I had to accept 1,000 in cashapp yesterday because he didn't have cash on hand and I get 900 a month from one of my roommates still.
    I read an article that said gifts and money owed to you from family, friends etc roommates doesn't count. I think it's just from business accounts.
    "Alot of people are afraid to say what they want, that's why they don't get what they want"~ Madonna

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

18. The Following User Says Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12