Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Is it easy for you to make friends/bf as a camgirl?

  1. #1
    Curious Guest
    Joined
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mind Blowing Is it easy for you to make friends/bf as a camgirl?

    Hello folks!
    So i'm in this situation where i remained with very few friends and they are in other counties doing regular jobs. My country is quite conservative so very judgemental about this activity. Knowing this, i avoided getting close to anyone and i always lied about what i do for a living thinking that i will get judged and word will spread about me. Have the same fears regarding finding a bf.My past bfs did accept me but they lied to their friends and family abut my job and a few did judge me after we broke up.
    I would like to know,what are your experiences regarding this topic? Are you telling people right from the beginning about camming and weed out the ones that don't accept you? Are you lying and after you get to know them better,you tell them the truth? Also,have you found other camgirls in your area to be friends with? If yes,where did you look for? Thank you!

  2. #2
    God/dess kortneykay's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Location
    In Private Chat Making $
    Posts
    5,759
    Thanks
    13,044
    Thanked 21,097 Times in 4,653 Posts
    My Mood
    Amazed

    Default Re: Is it easy for you to make friends/bf as a camgirl?

    I mind my business. Better this way IMHO. Sometimes I get lucky with cam friends. I moved to the same country as one I knew. We met in person. She was rad. On this forum, too.




    Believe In Your Brand



  3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kortneykay For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Featured Member naomi_doll's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,459
    Thanks
    5,554
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 958 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

    Default Re: Is it easy for you to make friends/bf as a camgirl?

    I had friends (some know, some don't) and was dating someone before I started camming so that helps some. For new people I lie and then as I trust them, I tell them my real job. I found recently that one person has the same job nearby and hopefully we can hang out soon. I learned that through another online camming community.
    ''If you get a flat change the tire and keep going, don't give up and quit the trip''
    Discord Support Group for Cammodels and Strippers - https://discord.gg/JtGdjv6zWZ

  5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to naomi_doll For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Veteran Member nattyfetish's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    540
    Thanks
    531
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 360 Posts

    Default Re: Is it easy for you to make friends/bf as a camgirl?

    Camming helped me weed out people in my life. Maybe because after 10y of camming, I can read right trough your words and the way you act. I have 1-2 friends left, the rest are acquaintances. I don't scream out that i do camming, I avoid the subject. It helps that I am not a very social person in the first place. I have camming friends aswell and they are badass ! Evan if with most I only chat trough diffrent computer methods as we are far away from eachother.
    I cannot advise you on the bg thing but I have a gf which used to cam and now has a very good job at a very big company. Her choice. She dated this very imp and high up dude. She evetually told him what she used to do and he was all about how cool is that and how he admires woman that do it. I guess most smart guys don't give a fuck. The rich dudes that step into our rooms and wanna marry us are the living proof LOL !

  7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nattyfetish For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    God/dess minniesoporno's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,570
    Thanks
    1,425
    Thanked 5,792 Times in 2,440 Posts
    Blog Entries
    103
    My Mood
    Amused

    Default Re: Is it easy for you to make friends/bf as a camgirl?

    2022 - 19 years I've been in this career I do not have time to worry about who will judge me.

    I'm going through college right now and I am pursuing an accounting career, and I am ready to walk away from any future job if they will judge me or discriminate against me.

    I live my life for myself and no one else, if someone wants to be in my life, my work comes with me and I decide what my work is not them.

    I am here to enjoy my life and I do not need people to judge what that looks like.

    I need people in my life who are in it to be with me as a person. IF they are hung up on what I do for a living they are not in it to be with me.

    I need people who are TEAM MINNIE. IF they are not TEAM Minnie they can find another team.
    ** Camgirl Super Affiliate Founder of ** wealthycamgirl.com
    Youtube : youtube.com/minniecriley

    Facebook MinnieCRiley | Instagram @MinnieCRiley | Twitter @MinnieCRiley

    A part of all you earn is yours to keep. It should be not less than a tenth no matter how little you earn. It can be as much more as you can afford. - Richest Man in Babylon

  9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to minniesoporno For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    God/dess Sam38g's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    4,882
    Thanks
    5,998
    Thanked 25,803 Times in 4,351 Posts

    Default Re: Is it easy for you to make friends/bf as a camgirl?

    Friendships, luckily enough my besties are all former strippers who are in their 50s too and have moved on from sex work. Granted I have known them for 20 to 30 years now. People I make friends with are already in this industry too. There is to much to explain, misconceptions and so much those outside the industry just don't get. Met my current bestie, a gay webmaster on another adult biz forum, we have spoken or texted each other almost everyday for 4 years now. And there are a few ladies who are or used to be on this forum I consider to be good friends.

    Friendships require having things in common, I have very little in common with people outside of this industry and find them to be boring.

    As for dating, Mae West is my go to for advice. "When women go wrong, men go right after them." or "Save a boyfriend for a rainy day- and another in case it doesn't."

    Men are everywhere and plenty of them hitting on all of us ALL THE TIME, worry more about them living up to your standards than you living up to theirs.

    Time & energy are precious and limited, I'm careful about how I invest them into others. And once you get to to certain age or point, you don't seek out the approval of others, but finding peace in your life.
    Video blogs on Camming industry & how to succeed at camming.

    Personality is the glitter that sends your little gleam across the footlights and the orchestra pit into that big black space where the audience is. Mae West


  11. #7
    Curious Guest
    Joined
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Is it easy for you to make friends/bf as a camgirl?

    You will have a lot of friends in this topic. But I doubt about male friends, since they will not perceive you as a friend.

  12. #8
    God/dess Miss_ShaSha's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    6,715
    Thanks
    18,161
    Thanked 16,011 Times in 5,668 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

    Default Re: Is it easy for you to make friends/bf as a camgirl?

    I've met guys by saying fairly early on that I'm a fetish model and those that I keep camming from until I trust them. I've met good and great guys both ways. Secure guys don't really care what you do it seems and base their decision to spend time with you on your character.

    The tricky part is their family however. I have had to say things that aren't exactly a lie: artist, photographer, videographer...but definitely not a cammodel.

    While I really truly only care about my own peace...getting accepted by conservative family members can cause a bit of stress. I just try to remember this life is about learning and growing. I've learned a lot camming and wouldn't change that for anyone.
    Sha

  13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Miss_ShaSha For This Useful Post:


  14. #9
    Featured Member bigbum's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,760
    Thanks
    904
    Thanked 3,201 Times in 1,274 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

    Default Re: Is it easy for you to make friends/bf as a camgirl?

    my best friend doesnt know i cam, i even went as far as to block her entire state just because i worry her husband (who is for sure closet gay omggg i hate him)
    doesnt find me and tell her about it and redirect his closet gay ness / christian bs onto my camming .

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbum For This Useful Post:


  16. #10
    Veteran Member nattyfetish's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    540
    Thanks
    531
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 360 Posts

    Default Re: Is it easy for you to make friends/bf as a camgirl?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbum View Post
    my best friend doesnt know i cam, i even went as far as to block her entire state just because i worry her husband (who is for sure closet gay omggg i hate him)
    doesnt find me and tell her about it and redirect his closet gay ness / christian bs onto my camming .
    You know your best friend the best ! i hid to my best friend what i do aswell, for like 3 years. I finally drank a lot of wine one night and told her. Gosh, that was the best night and i wish i would have told her sooner. We hugged and she told me i can do what ever the heck i want aswhile as i don't get hurt. If I get hurt in any way that's when she will have to kick some ass and do an intervention.

    I know you are fairly new to the job and it's hard but wanted to share a positive experience to show you that things can turn out great evan tough you might be scared.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nattyfetish For This Useful Post:


  18. #11
    Featured Member bigbum's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,760
    Thanks
    904
    Thanked 3,201 Times in 1,274 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

    Default Re: Is it easy for you to make friends/bf as a camgirl?

    Quote Originally Posted by nattyfetish View Post
    You know your best friend the best ! i hid to my best friend what i do aswell, for like 3 years. I finally drank a lot of wine one night and told her. Gosh, that was the best night and i wish i would have told her sooner. We hugged and she told me i can do what ever the heck i want aswhile as i don't get hurt. If I get hurt in any way that's when she will have to kick some ass and do an intervention.

    I know you are fairly new to the job and it's hard but wanted to share a positive experience to show you that things can turn out great evan tough you might be scared.
    yeah if she wasnt with this guy i would most likely have told her.
    its just hard when that third person worms their way in to your friendship.

    your story is so sweet lol i love that you had a bunch of wine to tell her. i am smiling over here. sounds like you have a great friend.

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigbum For This Useful Post:


  20. #12
    God/dess Cutie101's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,538
    Thanks
    4,307
    Thanked 9,317 Times in 2,850 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

    Default Re: Is it easy for you to make friends/bf as a camgirl?

    I am putting so many hours on cam, that I don't have time to make friends in real life. My bank account is my best friend and never failed me when I was in a desperate situation.
    People come and go from your life, money will be there to fill the void into your soul. When you won't need anyone's approval, you will be free. And this doesn't mean you have to tell everyone that you cam. It means you DON'T NEED to confess shit to anyone, it's no one's business what you work. I can't stand overly curious people and if they dig deeper into my job, is a good sign that we will never get too personal. I can't comprehend why someone would want to know something in detail. It gives me two options. 1: they either wanna know if you do better or worse than them. Or 2: so they can talk about you. Overly curious people are known to be the biggest shit eaters. I know these people, we all have that overly curious aunt in the family who knows everything about everyone and then talks shit about them.

    It's safe to say that the only friend I have in real life, is also a camgirl. Because, as Sam said, the older you get, the more you realize you don't have the nerve to explain yourself anymore to anyone, so you just tend to make friends within the industry you are in.
    The rest of my irl friends (which is also maybe a group of under 20 people) I call aquitances. They would have been friends if I told them I cam and they would have been ok with it. Maybe I will some day. Those aquitances are filling my - once in a blue moon- need to socialization, so we gather togheter for board games, mountain hikes and frivolous things like that.

    In the virtual world, I have a handful of friends that I made thorough the years and that I can afford to get personal with, altough we never met (and probably never will, thanks to those distances). But they are girls that I trust. Many of them have been way more succesful than me, for years. They have been there to support me even when I was struggling and I did only learn a lot from them. Real women that I am grateful to have into my life. You don't necesary need to meet face to face to keep a friendship awake. While you're both on cam, you can chit chat between sessions and it's like going out and having a coffee. Only that you're having a coffee, gossip and make money, lol.

    So, you tend to make friends in the industry, in time. Less and less outside of it. It is what it is. And you will learn that you don't need vanilla people into your life eventually, because they will never understand you. It's no ones business anyway. I swear that everytime I met someone new, I have never been curious about their job. I don't care.

    Btw, even in the industry, jelaousy is a big disease. Just because you are both camgirls, doesn't mean you're automatically besties.

    And when it comes about men, count your camming job as a blessing. If he's not ok with what you do, definitely cut ties and never look back. Never let a man belittle you or try to make you give up on camming, try to shame you or tell you that "you are better than that, bla bla bla". Or try to tell you "I have enough to support both, you can give up on camming". Never accept that. It's a sign of abuse.
    If he's ok with what you do, also make sure you take a close look at his financial situation. Some men would date camgirls so they can solve their own financial issues. They support your work because it keeps their lazy ass stable. You don't need this in your life either, he's a grown up, he can have a job. It doesn't matter he's flipping burgers, as time as he is bringing something.
    I promise there are men who accept your job, those are the confident men you need.
    But don't stress about it, focus on your own camming success, when you are financially stable and free, YOU hold the upper hand and the power to choose, not wait to be choosen.
    As Sam said, he should worry if he's living up to your standards and not the other way around. Why would you date a man that makes you feel nervous or insecure about yourself? A man should complete you, uplift you, make you the most confident woman in the world. We have men that pay hundreds and thousands of $$$ to come and see us virtually. This is a good enough sign that the world has good guys out there, only that they are rare to find ) This doesn't mean you should lower your standards.
    Last edited by Cutie101; 01-18-2022 at 11:18 PM.
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

  21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:


  22. #13
    Featured Member bigbum's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,760
    Thanks
    904
    Thanked 3,201 Times in 1,274 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

    Default Re: Is it easy for you to make friends/bf as a camgirl?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutie101 View Post
    I am putting so many hours on cam, that I don't have time to make friends in real life. My bank account is my best friend and never failed me when I was in a desperate situation.
    People come and go from your life, money will be there to fill the void into your soul. When you won't need anyone's approval, you will be free. And this doesn't mean you have to tell everyone that you cam. It means you DON'T NEED to confess shit to anyone, it's no one's business what you work. I can't stand overly curious people and if they dig deeper into my job, is a good sign that we will never get too personal. I can't comprehend why someone would want to know something in detail. It gives me two options. 1: they either wanna know if you do better or worse than them. Or 2: so they can talk about you. Overly curious people are known to be the biggest shit eaters. I know these people, we all have that overly curious aunt in the family who knows everything about everyone and then talks shit about them.

    It's safe to say that the only friend I have in real life, is also a camgirl. Because, as Sam said, the older you get, the more you realize you don't have the nerve to explain yourself anymore to anyone, so you just tend to make friends within the industry you are in.
    The rest of my irl friends (which is also maybe a group of under 20 people) I call aquitances. They would have been friends if I told them I cam and they would have been ok with it. Maybe I will some day. Those aquitances are filling my - once in a blue moon- need to socialization, so we gather togheter for board games, mountain hikes and frivolous things like that.

    In the virtual world, I have a handful of friends that I made thorough the years and that I can afford to get personal with, altough we never met (and probably never will, thanks to those distances). But they are girls that I trust. Many of them have been way more succesful than me, for years. They have been there to support me even when I was struggling and I did only learn a lot from them. Real women that I am grateful to have into my life. You don't necesary need to meet face to face to keep a friendship awake. While you're both on cam, you can chit chat between sessions and it's like going out and having a coffee. Only that you're having a coffee, gossip and make money, lol.

    So, you tend to make friends in the industry, in time. Less and less outside of it. It is what it is. And you will learn that you don't need vanilla people into your life eventually, because they will never understand you. It's no ones business anyway. I swear that everytime I met someone new, I have never been curious about their job. I don't care.

    Btw, even in the industry, jelaousy is a big disease. Just because you are both camgirls, doesn't mean you're automatically besties.

    And when it comes about men, count your camming job as a blessing. If he's not ok with what you do, definitely cut ties and never look back. Never let a man belittle you or try to make you give up on camming, try to shame you or tell you that "you are better than that, bla bla bla". Or try to tell you "I have enough to support both, you can give up on camming". Never accept that. It's a sign of abuse.
    If he's ok with what you do, also make sure you take a close look at his financial situation. Some men would date camgirls so they can solve their own financial issues. They support your work because it keeps their lazy ass stable. You don't need this in your life either, he's a grown up, he can have a job. It doesn't matter he's flipping burgers, as time as he is bringing something.
    I promise there are men who accept your job, those are the confident men you need.
    But don't stress about it, focus on your own camming success, when you are financially stable and free, YOU hold the upper hand and the power to choose, not wait to be choosen.
    As Sam said, he should worry if he's living up to your standards and not the other way around. Why would you date a man that makes you feel nervous or insecure about yourself? A man should complete you, uplift you, make you the most confident woman in the world. We have men that pay hundreds and thousands of $$$ to come and see us virtually. This is a good enough sign that the world has good guys out there, only that they are rare to find ) This doesn't mean you should lower your standards.
    wow cutie!! what a beautiful post!!! this really sums things up. great post! great share!

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbum For This Useful Post:


  24. #14
    God/dess minniesoporno's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,570
    Thanks
    1,425
    Thanked 5,792 Times in 2,440 Posts
    Blog Entries
    103
    My Mood
    Amused

    Default Re: Is it easy for you to make friends/bf as a camgirl?

    Why would you date a man that makes you feel nervous or insecure about yourself?
    This is exactly why I recently broke up with a guy I was with for 7 years, I even went sky diving with him and in a blink of an eye he is gone out of my life.

    Money can only do so much, it doesn't keep you warm at a night. if you are going to have people in your life, they really should be one of the following cheerleader, mentor, coach, friend, and peer.
    ** Camgirl Super Affiliate Founder of ** wealthycamgirl.com
    Youtube : youtube.com/minniecriley

    Facebook MinnieCRiley | Instagram @MinnieCRiley | Twitter @MinnieCRiley

    A part of all you earn is yours to keep. It should be not less than a tenth no matter how little you earn. It can be as much more as you can afford. - Richest Man in Babylon

  25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to minniesoporno For This Useful Post:


  26. #15
    God/dess Sam38g's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    4,882
    Thanks
    5,998
    Thanked 25,803 Times in 4,351 Posts

    Default Re: Is it easy for you to make friends/bf as a camgirl?

    Women in all jobs & income levels have a hard time finding a good guy that doesn't try to sabotage their careers if not life. And if they are not lifting you up, then they are dragging you down and do it in the name of love & loyalty. Minnie is right, in the end they will leave you for nothing & with nothing.

    Us all being financially secure is the most important thing and camming gives us the opportunity to do that unlike other industries. More financially secure you are the better quality of life you live.

    Everyone lives a more online life and thus that is where friendships develop. Our industry is large enough now that we really don't have to go out of it for friendship. We are NOT less & in time those outside this industry will catch up to it in another decade or so. Look at how many HouseWives of whatever city on Bravo TV now do OF?
    Video blogs on Camming industry & how to succeed at camming.

    Personality is the glitter that sends your little gleam across the footlights and the orchestra pit into that big black space where the audience is. Mae West

  27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-25-2016, 03:30 PM
  2. When friends are not your friends anymore bc your a dancer.
    By LaceyLuv304 in forum Stripping (was Stripping General)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-09-2014, 10:47 PM
  3. Do friends let friends "grow" apart from each other?
    By PhxRising in forum Life Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-09-2011, 03:42 PM
  4. Private party for friends of friends
    By SpecialK in forum Private Party Dancing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 03:26 AM
  5. Isn't it ironic? Stripper friends/normal friends
    By cutey5032 in forum Stripping (was Stripping General)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-10-2008, 02:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •