Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Acts Of Kindess

Thanks
    Thanked 7,834 Times in 2,700 Posts

Default Re: Acts Of Kindess

I adopted my cat from the SPCA two years ago. I was very impressed at how well she was taken care of. She is a little sweetheart.

They very much deserve donations. I give whenever I can. It's no kill shelter too.
    Last edited by ~Carmen~; 08-01-2022 at 04:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fetishqueen View Post
    Sometimes your day can get brightened in the strangest of places!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marina Starr View Post
    With everything in life, if you're afraid to ask for what you want then you have zero chance of getting what you want.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~Carmen~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I stopped by Aldi today. When I got there I realized I did not have a quarter for a cart. I had all kinds of other change so I grabbed two dimes and a nickel. I walked to the entrance, intending to ask for a quarter in exchange for my dimes and nickel. LMAO

A lady saw me starting to walk in without a cart. She asked me "Do you need a cart?" I said yes but I don't have a quarter. She told me to take hers, as she was leaving. I offered her my dimes and nickel but she wouldn't take it. It's the little things .
    With everything in life, if you're afraid to ask for what you want then you have zero chance of getting what you want.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~Carmen~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My store was out of garlic today. There was a couple who were also looking for it. We asked the produce manager if he had any in the back. He said he didn't think so but he had some packages of peeled garlic.

As it turned out, there was only one package. The couple grabbed it. I told the produce manager it's okay. No big deal. He asked me if I could wait a minute while he ran to the back to double check. There was no garlic there either.

I started walking around the store and he showed up again. LOL He told me he found a jar of freeze dried garlic but it wouldn't scan. He said to tell the cashier to give it to me for regular garlic price. I'm sure this jar probably cost 5 or 6 dollars. The cute and young cashier asked me if $1 was okay. I got to hear about his swim practice and senior photos. Haha

People seem to be more helpful and friendly these days.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~Carmen~ For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,107 Times in 477 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by ~Carmen~ View Post
    My store was out of garlic today. There was a couple who were also looking for it. We asked the produce manager if he had any in the back. He said he didn't think so but he had some packages of peeled garlic.

As it turned out, there was only one package. The couple grabbed it. I told the produce manager it's okay. No big deal. He asked me if I could wait a minute while he ran to the back to double check. There was no garlic there either.

I started walking around the store and he showed up again. LOL He told me he found a jar of freeze dried garlic but it wouldn't scan. He said to tell the cashier to give it to me for regular garlic price. I'm sure this jar probably cost 5 or 6 dollars. The cute and young cashier asked me if $1 was okay. I got to hear about his swim practice and senior photos. Haha

People seem to be more helpful and friendly these days.
    Well everyone except the couple who grabbed the last garlic!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fetishqueen For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I saw them again after I checked out. I said “Enjoy your garlic!” Well guess what? Mine was delicious in spaghetti and I didn’t have to chop it.

The peeled garlic is expensive and usually goes bad quickly. My $1.00 freeze dried jar will stay good for a long time. I came out the winner.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~Carmen~ For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

I saw them again after I checked out. I said “Enjoy your garlic!” Well guess what? Mine was delicious in spaghetti and I didn’t have to chop it.

The peeled garlic is expensive and usually goes bad quickly. My $1.00 freeze dried jar will stay good for a long time. I came out the winner.
    You got good karma for letting them have it, see!

I tried an act of kindness today in a small way but it failed miserably! In Sainsbury's it was crazy busy at the self scan checkout and there was this guy waving for help. The woman in front of me in the queue was store staff but obviously not working and I said I think that guy needs some help. She shouted back "Well, I can't do anything about it can I?" as if I was a moron! Charming. I thought maybe she could ask someone else to help him but I didn't get that far. Oh well, I tried!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fetishqueen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,315 Times in 4,073 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

This reminded me of a cute grocery store one I had months ago; me and a worker (like construction-looking type worker) both got to the self-checkout line at the same time and of course he being a gentleman was trying to make me go first but because all he had was something hot from the deli I figured he was on break so I made him go first. After waiting in the line for a few he turned to me and was saying he was going to switch to a cashier line because he didn't think he could ring up the deli item by himself and I was explaining to him that he could totally ring it up in the self-checkout and he was like "Can you help me?" So I was like yeah and when it was his turn I just rang him up at the self checkout myself basically, showing him how to do it. Then when it was finishing up and printing his receipt I went and stood back in the line and when he got his receipt he turned to me and did that thing where he just stood there looking at me with his fist raised like in solidarity, like thanking me for helping him. He was so nice. It was one of those 'you had to be there' moments.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You got good karma for letting them have it, see!

I tried an act of kindness today in a small way but it failed miserably! In Sainsbury's it was crazy busy at the self scan checkout and there was this guy waving for help. The woman in front of me in the queue was store staff but obviously not working and I said I think that guy needs some help. She shouted back "Well, I can't do anything about it can I?" as if I was a moron! Charming. I thought maybe she could ask someone else to help him but I didn't get that far. Oh well, I tried!
    Yes!! Victory is mine!

Miserable people like that clerk will get their payback eventually. She won't get away with treating customers like that for long. I hope he didn't have to wait much longer.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Carmen~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Genoveve View Post
    This reminded me of a cute grocery store one I had months ago; me and a worker (like construction-looking type worker) both got to the self-checkout line at the same time and of course he being a gentleman was trying to make me go first but because all he had was something hot from the deli I figured he was on break so I made him go first. After waiting in the line for a few he turned to me and was saying he was going to switch to a cashier line because he didn't think he could ring up the deli item by himself and I was explaining to him that he could totally ring it up in the self-checkout and he was like "Can you help me?" So I was like yeah and when it was his turn I just rang him up at the self checkout myself basically, showing him how to do it. Then when it was finishing up and printing his receipt I went and stood back in the line and when he got his receipt he turned to me and did that thing where he just stood there looking at me with his fist raised like in solidarity, like thanking me for helping him. He was so nice. It was one of those 'you had to be there' moments.
    Haha that's cute!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Carmen~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,094 Times in 5,678 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

My significant other wanted to celebrate a month together and asked if I was available Mon eve. I said I was and he said be ready at 5pm for a surprise. I was extremely excited as all his surprises are terribly creative.

As we pulled up to the restaurant, one I'd never heard of, he said "don't hesitate to get whatever you want." I asked if the menu was expensive...he just repeated "get what your heart desires."

I'd never been to a Brazilian Steakhouse and was curious as to why there wasn't a menu. Apparently, you don't go unless you can afford it so they don't post cost. I felt like a princess.

Of all the servers, and there were many, one in particular was so cute: he offered filet mignon and I really wanted lamb leg. When I asked about lamb leg he looked up then down and his face revealed embarrassment. He quickly left then returned promptly with lamb leg.

I smiled so wide, asked for the cut I wanted, then told him "you're doing such a good job!" He smiled like it was Christmas Eve and I almost wanted to hug him.

My significant other is a gentleman and tips very well. Knowing that, and the compliment, probably made that wonderful fellas night.
    Sha

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miss_ShaSha For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_ShaSha View Post
    My significant other wanted to celebrate a month together and asked if I was available Mon eve. I said I was and he said be ready at 5pm for a surprise. I was extremely excited as all his surprises are terribly creative.

As we pulled up to the restaurant, one I'd never heard of, he said "don't hesitate to get whatever you want." I asked if the menu was expensive...he just repeated "get what your heart desires."

I'd never been to a Brazilian Steakhouse and was curious as to why there wasn't a menu. Apparently, you don't go unless you can afford it so they don't post cost. I felt like a princess.

Of all the servers, and there were many, one in particular was so cute: he offered filet mignon and I really wanted lamb leg. When I asked about lamb leg he looked up then down and his face revealed embarrassment. He quickly left then returned promptly with lamb leg.

I smiled so wide, asked for the cut I wanted, then told him "you're doing such a good job!" He smiled like it was Christmas Eve and I almost wanted to hug him.

My significant other is a gentleman and tips very well. Knowing that, and the compliment, probably made that wonderful fellas night.
    That sounds like an exciting experience. I didn't know there were restaurants without menus. It sounds like you found a good man there, plus the cute waiter.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,315 Times in 4,073 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

On Amazon after your package is delivered it asks on the tracking page if your delivery was good or bad and I always click good, and when you do it takes you to a prompt where there's 6 options you can chose from regarding what the driver might have done well like 'was on time' 'followed instructions' 'was respectful of the property'...etc. I always select every single one literally every time. Even on days like today where I had 4 things delivered but they weren't grouped in together as 1 order so it allowed me to rate for each item I still go in and leave a perfect rating for each item.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,591 Times in 1,418 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

I accidentally cut someone off in the Starbucks drive thru line, they didn't even react in a bad way .
    so I bought their order lol.
    they were super excited .

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigbum For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Genoveve View Post
    On Amazon after your package is delivered it asks on the tracking page if your delivery was good or bad and I always click good, and when you do it takes you to a prompt where there's 6 options you can chose from regarding what the driver might have done well like 'was on time' 'followed instructions' 'was respectful of the property'...etc. I always select every single one literally every time. Even on days like today where I had 4 things delivered but they weren't grouped in together as 1 order so it allowed me to rate for each item I still go in and leave a perfect rating for each item.
    Haha I always check all the boxes too, even "friendly" even though I never see them. LOL

I always feel guilty ordering just one small item by itself.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Carmen~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbum View Post
    I accidentally cut someone off in the Starbucks drive thru line, they didn't even react in a bad way .
    so I bought their order lol.
    Heck yeah! You almost expect to be chewed out for things like that these days.

Thanks
    Thanked 37,307 Times in 8,631 Posts

You know I’m a huge Starbucks Hoe so I love this! So sweet of you. You made their day and they made yours.

#kindhoe

Quote Originally Posted by bigbum View Post
    I accidentally cut someone off in the Starbucks drive thru line, they didn't even react in a bad way so I bought their order lol.
    I can see you being 90 and flipping your long hair, still teasing the boys.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Marina Starr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hot chocolate was $3.59. I tipped $10.

Found a nail in my tire on Friday, Tire kingdom has to order and it came in today. I was supposed to wait 30 mins, it took an hour so I said to the manager 'I deserve 50% off with a big smile.

I was supposed to pay $286. Got a $70 discount and ended up only paying $216.

This is proof that you can never lose being kind. That was so nice of him. I really appreciated but I also have to give myself credit for asking.

Thanks

Hot chocolate was $3.59. I tipped $10.

Found a nail in my tire on Friday, Tire kingdom has to order and it came in today. I was supposed to wait 30 mins, it took an hour so I said to the manager 'I deserve 50% off with a big smile.

I was supposed to pay $286. Got a $70 discount and ended up only paying $216.

This is proof that you can never lose being kind. That was so nice of him. I really appreciated but I also have to give myself credit for asking.
    That's a really good tip sis.

That's freaking awesome about your tire discount. They really went above and beyond. It will all come back to them with good reviews and word of mouth recommendations.

I found an apartment key by the dumpster today. Someone must have dropped it when they threw their trash. I took it to the landlord. It was right at closing time. I hope they had a spare or someone else did. I know how it feels to lose keys.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Carmen~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Losing keys is a horrible feeling. I hope someone get the office if they lost their key.

You quoted me as your sign, lol. Ask because worse they can do is say no. You have an advantage and higher chance of getting what you want when you ask because you're a senior.
    They feel bad for saying no to the elders so play up your senior card, lol.

That's a really good tip sis.

That's freaking awesome about your tire discount. They really went above and beyond. It will all come back to them with good reviews and word of mouth recommendations.

I found an apartment key by the dumpster today. Someone must have dropped it when they threw their trash. I took it to the landlord. It was right at closing time. I hope they had a spare or someone else did. I know how it feels to lose keys.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Marina Starr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Losing keys is a horrible feeling. I hope someone get the office if they lost their key.

You quoted me as your sign, lol. Ask because worse they can do is say no. You have an advantage and higher chance of getting what you want when you ask because you're a senior.
    They feel bad for saying no to the elders so play up your senior card, lol.
    I'm thinking about going goth so they will have to notice me. They will think I lost my marbles and give me anything to make me go away.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Carmen~ For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Carmen you have quoted me! I don't think anyone's done that before, you made me smile and brightened my day too!

39. The Following User Says Thank You to fetishqueen For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Carmen you have quoted me! I don't think anyone's done that before, you made me smile and brightened my day too!
    Awe I'm glad! Your posts always make me smile. I still laugh every time I see your post about that greedy couple grabbing the last garlic.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Carmen~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,543 Times in 1,815 Posts

my neighborhood raised 17k for a guy at a local store for 25 plus years. hes moving to another store that is opening.
    The goal was 1k

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erika_Xstacy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,543 Times in 1,815 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Erika_Xstacy View Post
    my neighborhood raised 17k for a guy at a local store for 25 plus years. hes moving to another store that is opening.
    The goal was 1k
    they wont stop lol this is awesome. people are really showing him how much we appreciate him
    Im so happy, he deserves it

$19,115raised of $1,000 goal

45. The Following User Says Thank You to Erika_Xstacy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Erika_Xstacy View Post
    they wont stop lol this is awesome. people are really showing him how much we appreciate him
    Im so happy, he deserves it

$19,115raised of $1,000 goal
    I think I remember you telling us about him before. That's a lot of love from people. He must be very special.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast