Thread: Stripping as an inmigrant

Thanks

Default Stripping as an inmigrant

Hey! Iīve been wanting to be a stripper during a long time. First I have to say that English is not my first language (but I manage it well) and Iīm from LatinAmerica. I work as a camgirl but the website where I was working at closed my account for no reason and my backup accounts arenīt giving me the profit that I need. My bestfriend (male) who supports me in everything is living in Chicago, I have in mind to go there and look for a club, the problem is I feel so alone in all this thing that I wanna do.

Iīm 20 (turning 21 in some months) I have in mind to go around 2 weeks to 1 month and look for clubs. The MOST important part about all my plan is that I only have passport (I could go with other documents but I think this would be the most acceptable). I donīt have social security or something else, and I dont know what kind of paperwork Iīll find if I go there. I also donīt have an exocit dancer license but it seems I stil can find clubs to dance without this.

so, Does it can be viable to work as a stripper only presenting my passport? Would clubs accept it?
    Have you seen cases (maybe you or any friend) where they are working in stripclub as an inmigrants?
    How necessary is to have an exocit dancer license to work as a stripper in Chicago?

I donīt have any friend or somebody who could refer me to a club or help me. Iīd be taking a part of my savings for doing this, and honestly, I donīt care if I try and fail because stripping wasnīt for me, because itīs something that I wanna try. but what Iīm worried about is to use my time and money for going there, wonīt be accepted anywhere and donīt have the chance, at least, to try it.

I have to clarify that I donīt want to move to the states. I have responsabilities here and reasons to come back, I just want some extra money for things I have planned to do here.

Please gimme your opinions, your thought and try to be empathic. This is very important for me.
    Last edited by sabrinarey; 02-20-2022 at 08:04 PM.

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,785 Times in 2,583 Posts

Default Re: Stripping as an inmigrant

It depends on the club. I’ve worked with two Mexican dancers that were both “illegal” because they told me (sorry I don’t mean to be offensive). It depends on the club, but watch out because some clubs will take advantage of your status. If you have a work visa then it shouldn’t matter. You have to be careful as an immigrant because you’re a tad bit vulnerable to exploition, so be careful. No corporate clubs if you don’t have a work visa. You could find a divey club if you don’t have a work visa.

If you grease the wheel they’ll probably look the other way.

No one can tell you 100% you have to look into it and weigh the risks and take the chance yourself.

I’ve worked with immigrants, but i obviously didn’t ask for their status. That’s would be be really rude.
    Focus more on what you want than on what you don’t want

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Featured Member trustfundkiller's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,486 Times in 1,142 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

The best thing to do is to call the clubs and ask what kind of documentation is needed before you come in. A smaller, low-key club is probably your best option as they're more likely to hire you without asking too many questions. I wouldn't offer up information about being your immigration status unless they ask. Just say that you live here, no additional details. Also, when I fill out club paperwork, I never write down my social security number. I just write "upon request".

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,842 Times in 6,471 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Most "dive bars" in the Midwest will take photocopies of your photo ID. If you're working as an Independent Contractor, the rest of your tax reporting is left up to you.

Don't say anything about your Immigration Status as there are a lot of racist people who might try to report you just out of spite.

To be honest a lot of managers want girls who show up to work, do their jobs and can work a regular schedule. I don't forsee any issues if you keep to yourself and work hard.

Best of luck.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,250 Times in 898 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SnuffleUffleGrass View Post
    Most "dive bars" in the Midwest will take photocopies of your photo ID. If you're working as an Independent Contractor, the rest of your tax reporting is left up to you.

Don't say anything about your Immigration Status as there are a lot of racist people who might try to report you just out of spite.

To be honest a lot of managers want girls who show up to work, do their jobs and can work a regular schedule. I don't forsee any issues if you keep to yourself and work hard.

Best of luck.
    Most midwestern dive bars will need a Social Security Number for their 1099's if they use funny money. If not, then that is not even an issue. Using a foreign passport means the bar can look at the visa stamped in the passport. Those usually say "not authorized for work." That may be a problem for some clubs, not for others. As usual, YMMV.

HTH
    Z

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zofia For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sabrinarey View Post
    Hey! Iīve been wanting to be a stripper during a long time. First I have to say that English is not my first language (but I manage it well) and Iīm from LatinAmerica. I work as a camgirl but the website where I was working at closed my account for no reason and my backup accounts arenīt giving me the profit that I need. My bestfriend (male) who supports me in everything is living in Chicago, I have in mind to go there and look for a club, the problem is I feel so alone in all this thing that I wanna do.

Iīm 20 (turning 21 in some months) I have in mind to go around 2 weeks to 1 month and look for clubs. The MOST important part about all my plan is that I only have passport (I could go with other documents but I think this would be the most acceptable). I donīt have social security or something else, and I dont know what kind of paperwork Iīll find if I go there. I also donīt have an exocit dancer license but it seems I stil can find clubs to dance without this.

so, Does it can be viable to work as a stripper only presenting my passport? Would clubs accept it?
    Have you seen cases (maybe you or any friend) where they are working in stripclub as an inmigrants?
    How necessary is to have an exocit dancer license to work as a stripper in Chicago?

I donīt have any friend or somebody who could refer me to a club or help me. Iīd be taking a part of my savings for doing this, and honestly, I donīt care if I try and fail because stripping wasnīt for me, because itīs something that I wanna try. but what Iīm worried about is to use my time and money for going there, wonīt be accepted anywhere and donīt have the chance, at least, to try it.

I have to clarify that I donīt want to move to the states. I have responsabilities here and reasons to come back, I just want some extra money for things I have planned to do here.

Please gimme your opinions, your thought and try to be empathic. This is very important for me.

go back to where you came from, nobody wants immigrant dancers anyway

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jennylee View Post

agreed!!

tax evading strippers not welcome here!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold

Quote Originally Posted by jennylee View Post

Wow this is super rude . America built by immigrants in case you did Not know . Native Americans were only real owners of this land and everyone knows it . Do you really think immigrants pop -up as they wish ? Most of them fill up the vacancy of professional jobs in USA . How come Raj from India going to show up here with Indian salary of his without any documents ? America specifically need / want educated immigrants. Also they pay mad fees for paperwork , get vaccines , background checks etc .

I m from Turkey and have been living here almost 13 years . I have so many Engineer Turkish friends who immigrated . They just did not show up randomly they have received job offers, invitations from USA . Maybe you meant to say “ illegal immigrants “ which it’s a problem for “ legal immigrants “ because we pay tax , we contribute to society . Unless you guys get better at science , math , physics there will be need for immigrants .

Also it’s super weird To witness Americans who judge illegal immigrants ….However they still go to Mexican restaurant without a problem knowing they are illegals or they won’t turn down cheap labor … Just my two cents . Legal immigrants do not deserve the judgement

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,785 Times in 2,583 Posts

^^^^ We can have a debate on immigration, but this poster above you is obviously a hater, so no response needed other that GFY! Is it just me or are people getting more hateful?
    Focus more on what you want than on what you don’t want

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sabrinarey View Post

Hello Sabrinarey! Hope you solved this problem and now you're OK. I just wanted you to know that I support you. My sister is a dancer, and she wants to immgrate too. I am not as good as she, but I am sure she will find a great club.