Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fashion, trends and style (clothes, beauty, hair etc) in general

Thanks
    Thanked 11,947 Times in 3,946 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Default Re: Fashion, trends and style (clothes, beauty, hair etc) in general

^^^You might get more feedback if you post about it in the beauty randoms thread, but personally I think it sounds like another marketing gimmick. Especially when they wrote about the in-salon treatment:

Many salons offer in-house treatments to help detox the scalp, which provides a more luxurious (and typically more effective) result. Most salons will steam the scalp to help loosen buildup,

"Steam the scalp?" Like what happens to it when you take a hot shower?

then they'll thoroughly scrub the entire scalp with an over-the-counter option.

Like how it gets scrubbed when you lather your shampoo onto it when you wash your hair?

The treatment is usually complete with a scalp-focused shampoo and conditioner.

"Scalp-focused shampoo and conditioner" as opposed to what? Eyelid-focused shampoo? Elbow-focused shampoo? Tongue-focused shampoo? What shampoo is not formulated for the scalp?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,931 Times in 3,026 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Genoveve View Post
    ^^^You might get more feedback if you post about it in the beauty randoms thread, but personally I think it sounds like another marketing gimmick. Especially when they wrote about the in-salon treatment:

Many salons offer in-house treatments to help detox the scalp, which provides a more luxurious (and typically more effective) result. Most salons will steam the scalp to help loosen buildup,

"Steam the scalp?" Like what happens to it when you take a hot shower?

then they'll thoroughly scrub the entire scalp with an over-the-counter option.

Like how it gets scrubbed when you lather your shampoo onto it when you wash your hair?

The treatment is usually complete with a scalp-focused shampoo and conditioner.

"Scalp-focused shampoo and conditioner" as opposed to what? Eyelid-focused shampoo? Elbow-focused shampoo? Tongue-focused shampoo? What shampoo is not formulated for the scalp?
    You spoke my mind. Scalp detox is same shit with body detox. If body wouldn't be detoxed, we would die. Thank god we poo/pee and naturally detox ourselves lol.
    Scalp not being detoxed, means that by now I was supposed to be hairless and full of dirt, clogged pores and dandruff. I have seboreic dermatitis, I get huge flakes when I am stressed, I pretty much know what means if my scalp wasn't detoxed.
    Last edited by Genoveve; 06-13-2022 at 05:39 PM.
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

Thanks
    Thanked 3,631 Times in 1,131 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by DonaDiabla View Post
    Has anyone tried the whole scalp detox trend?

https://www.byrdie.com/scalp-detox-4777797

I do it. I think I have covered that I am an oily person on some threads. So all that matters. If you leave anything in your hair between washes it won稚 hurt. I do it the couple times a week I do my hair routine. Once every week should be easy for most. Any massage to the scalp is beneficial to hair growth, I live for my stylist hair massages. They also have little scalp massagers for the shower. I have gifted the one I use to my girlfriends and they really appreciated it for the weeks they have put their hair through hell. Personally I have experienced noticeable additional hair growth since I added it in.
    If you never knew me, that'd probably be cheaper

If you really knew me, you would know I don't need ya- Saweetie

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kamiliam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

I was thinking of getting the Ugg ones that I see everyone wearing but I was like 'nvm it's too hot,' and I just bought some cheap slippers on Amazon instead. These were the Ugg ones I liked:

https://www.ugg.com/womens-slippers/...750_color=RBRD

Oh well it saved me $70+. But now that I know they work in the heat, if these cheap ones disintegrate quickly I can switch to Uggs. Uggs last for FOREVER.
    Well....my cheap slippers already have a hole. I went on the Ugg site and filled in my info so I can get an alert when the ones I like come back in my size, hopefully they do.

I think I知 going to buy some Birkenstocks.
    I did it: b1.png

I bought them intending to wear them with sweatpants like this:

b2.png

But I actually like them with shorts too which I was not expecting, I think because I have bigger legs they don't look as huge and blocky on my feet. I think they--and bulky shoes in general--can look funny on girls with skinny legs.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

I bought them intending to wear them with sweatpants like this:

b2.png
    Okay, you show off, with your perfect waist and perfect abs and everything... #notjelaous #notdyingrightnow

* Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

^^^That's pretty much my uniform when I leave the house now since it's been in the 90s-100s here; I wear a lot of midriff tops or shirts tied up into midriff tops because otherwise my stomach will sweat through fabric, and stomach sweat marks are not exactly the cutest, and I wear sweatpants because I would sweat through anything thinner than them. Even though sweats aren't exactly cooling I basically just dress for sweat prevention because when it's this hot nothing you wear is going to actually be cooling anyway, plus when it's this hot you don't spend more than a couple minutes outside.

I'm really curious to experiment with the Halara skirts I ordered and the heat.....but of course the USPS has been holding my package hostage in the same (nearby) location for 6 days now.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

^^^That's pretty much my uniform when I leave the house now since it's been in the 90s-100s here; I wear a lot of midriff tops or shirts tied up into midriff tops because otherwise my stomach will sweat through fabric, and stomach sweat marks are not exactly the cutest, and I wear sweatpants because I would sweat through anything thinner than them. Even though sweats aren't exactly cooling I basically just dress for sweat prevention because when it's this hot nothing you wear is going to actually be cooling anyway, plus when it's this hot you don't spend more than a couple minutes outside.

I'm really curious to experiment with the Halara skirts I ordered and the heat.....but of course the USPS has been holding my package hostage in the same (nearby) location for 6 days now.
    I can't wait to wear pants like this, agh!!! Altough I feel weird, it's been a dream of mine to dress like this, once I get my abs back, mwahahaha!!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

^^^You mean wear your pants rolled down or just have your stomach out in general? You definitely don't need abs to have your stomach out and in this day and age you don't even have to have a flat stomach or small waist; I've seen plus-sized women wearing all sorts of two pieces and midriff tops and I think they pull it off just fine. The days of needing to be X size to wear X style are I think well on the way out. You might not be plus-sized but still just unhappy with how your stomach looks and uncomfortable with showing it off which I totally get, but in this day and age with alllllllll of the clothing options and fashion resources that are available to us I feel like if there's a style that you really want to wear you can figure out a way to make it work with your current physique.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

^^^You mean wear your pants rolled down or just have your stomach out in general? You definitely don't need abs to have your stomach out and in this day and age you don't even have to have a flat stomach or small waist; I've seen plus-sized women wearing all sorts of two pieces and midriff tops and I think they pull it off just fine. The days of needing to be X size to wear X style are I think well on the way out. You might not be plus-sized but still just unhappy with how your stomach looks and uncomfortable with showing it off which I totally get, but in this day and age with alllllllll of the clothing options and fashion resources that are available to us I feel like if there's a style that you really want to wear you can figure out a way to make it work with your current physique.
    WOHAAAHAAAA, watch me walking with my rolls out . Maybe if I completely lost my damn mind. Guuuurl, I know it's an overall trend to ignore any common sense and wear whatever because it's empowering to ignore societal norms, but it's not me to do this. I'm a lil bit old fashioned. Even on cam I wear corsets and waist shapers for a clean look, lol. I can't wear stuff that are not flattering or embracing my body shape, I have a mirror at home and eyes to see how it looks on me.
    Altough I am not judging anyone, each one is free to wear whatever they like, but when it comes to personal taste... nope.

Besides, I am in Eastern Europe, it's not US... people won't hold their tongue and care for your feelings, if they see you walking with your rolls out on the street. It's uncommon in my country, here is a complete different mindset and culture.

But thanks for encouragement, you're a sweetheart!

PS: Yeah wearing them rolled down, like you do. I used to and it was sooo damn nice. Ok, maybe now I am a lil older and my taste in fashion has changed, but I definitely will show of a lil, once I get my abs back, just for fun ))

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

^^That's okay! Body positivity and acceptance is definitely cultural and definitely not the norm everywhere, and even in places where it IS more common I think a lot of confidence is probably still a requirement. Besides I mentioned before somewhere how I have ugly feet and do not wear shoe styles that I think are going to make them look even worse, and I don't ever intend to change my mind on that LOL.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,545 Times in 2,696 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Actually, I just started doing a salt and coffee scalp scrub. It works wonders for my scalp and body. I start seeing my scalp and skin improve greatly. But I will update more within 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by kamiliam View Post
    I do it. I think I have covered that I am an oily person on some threads. So all that matters. If you leave anything in your hair between washes it won’t hurt. I do it the couple times a week I do my hair routine. Once every week should be easy for most. Any massage to the scalp is beneficial to hair growth, I live for my stylist hair massages. They also have little scalp massagers for the shower. I have gifted the one I use to my girlfriends and they really appreciated it for the weeks they have put their hair through hell. Personally I have experienced noticeable additional hair growth since I added it in.
    Wolves may lurk in every guise / Now as then, 'tis simple truth / Sweetest tongue has sharpest tooth.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Jewelry is my weakness and I've been really good about not buying any because I have so much that never gets worn.... but an influencer was promoting a Memorial Day sale on instagram today for the jewelry company that made a ring of hers that I really like so...

https://shopemmapills.com/collection...-ring-two-tone That's the one I already liked, I love silver and gold together, and then I got this one too because I love lucite jewelry and I love orange jewels: https://shopemmapills.com/collection...ion-ring-clear

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,691 Times in 6,414 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

I've noticed Converse All Star shoes are crazy popular now, which is sweet. My favorite school teacher wore them all the time & he was a school kid in the 1950-60s. Talk about a very rare trend that is spanning many generations.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Has anyone bought anything from Halara? I just bought 2 skirts after seeing them on tiktok, I知 nervous because I知 usually a L or XL with bottoms but their size chart said I知 a medium so I got mediums. They seem to use plenty of bigger girls in their advertising so I知 hoping it痴 not likely that they will run too small. I hope they work out because I like a lot of their dresses too.
    Updating this, LOVE the skirts. Definitely going to get more skirts and try the dresses.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,531 Times in 471 Posts
    My Mood
    Angry

images (3).jpeg
    images (2).jpeg
    I'm really into this crochet trend.
    Too hot to wear these now, but I'm definitely going to wear them come winter.
    "Fortune Favors The Bold."
    I'm bold.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamqueen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

No black woman has hair so thick she can't wash it. The women on that channel have had long-term physical and mental health issues. She doesn't usually doesn't go into the horrors those women have faced out of respect. . Sometimes people should delete the post, the moment they type B-L-...... . You know nothing about Black people and should have just stuck to tales of head lice or oily hair.

It would avoid a lot of ignorance and misinformation. That sht you posted was terribly offensive- just so you know.
    Last edited by Genoveve; 06-13-2022 at 05:40 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by RedWine View Post
    Sometimes people should delete the post,
    Post deleted.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

and then I got this one too because I love lucite jewelry and I love orange jewels: https://shopemmapills.com/collection...ion-ring-clear
    The jewel ended up being more peach than orange in person, I still really like it but I do wish it was more orange. The only vibrantly orange gems I have are a pair of stud earrings that I never wear, so I just ordered this: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1237234...search_click=1 (it says "natural citrine" but I don't think it is, I don't care though because I prefer the color of synthetic citrines for jewelry)

I'm currently on the hunt for a spessartite garnet pendant.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

The jewel ended up being more peach than orange in person, I still really like it but I do wish it was more orange. The only vibrantly orange gems I have are a pair of stud earrings that I never wear, so I just ordered this: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1237234...search_click=1 (it says "natural citrine" but I don't think it is, I don't care though because I prefer the color of synthetic citrines for jewelry)

I'm currently on the hunt for a spessartite garnet pendant.
    Omg I looooove citrine!!! I should get some more!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

^^You should! I almost got this one but I went with the other one because I love trianglular-cut gemstones: https://www.etsy.com/listing/7513777...nla_rv-2&frs=1 I just love how orange jewels look against a tan.

Also don't think that one is natural even though it says it is, I think the reason they can get away with saying it is because a lot of times synthetic citrines are made by heating up amethysts, and the amethyst was natural. So like, it's not a real citrine but it did still come from the earth.

I LOVE this, opals are my favorite: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1199036...7%3A1199036192

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Omg that Opal color is to die for!!! OOhh yeaah!!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

I have been wanting a big square-shaped labradorite thumb ring because I saw a youtuber wearing one once and it looked so cool so I found this: https://www.etsy.com/listing/3853784...-2&pro=1&frs=1 ....but then I saw this moonstone one and I think it's probably better than the labradorite: https://www.etsy.com/listing/2364483...search_click=1 Only problem is I have no idea what size ring to get for my thumb because my thumbs are very waisted.

I also reeeeeeally want this belly button ring: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1015794..._5&pro=1&frs=1 but I feel bad because I've never spent more than like, $25 on a belly button ring. Usually they're like $10-$15.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123