Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Depp’s $50 million defamation lawsuit against Amber Heard goes to trial

Thanks
    Thanked 32,673 Times in 11,899 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Default Re: Johnny Depp’s $50 million defamation lawsuit against Amber Heard goes to trial

Quote Originally Posted by indiegirl View Post
    The way she said she uses the words pledge and donated synonymously. Bahahaha!!! She is sooooo guilty.
    Exactly .... like girl just GIVE the damn money you said you would give and quit playing and thinking people are stupid.

She is a horrible philanthropist
    “Cook for him like a housewife, fuck him good like a nympho….pay the rent and the car note, he invests in me like crypto”

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,252 Times in 3,274 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Default Re: Johnny Depp’s $50 million defamation lawsuit against Amber Heard goes to trial

Kate Moss is going on the stand via video tomorrow!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

^^ And all because Heard had to mention her, she thought she could get a way with a vague reference and have the jury google the rumor.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeathAndTaxes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,922 Times in 3,937 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

I saw a video today that was talking about how the defense only has 4 hours left to work with, and Johnny's side has 15 left. He apparently still has a bunch of witnesses left that it looks like the defense is apparently not going to have much time to cross-examine.

I thought it was such a bummer that Johnny's team wasn't able to go more in-depth about the domestic abuse situation with Amber's ex, but I'm sure there's legal reasons for why they couldn't.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I thought it was such a bummer that Johnny's team wasn't able to go more in-depth about the domestic abuse situation with Amber's ex, but I'm sure there's legal reasons for why they couldn't.
    I think the biggest problem is having to treat Tasha Van Ree as a hostile witness if they called her, any and all forms of abuse could easily be hand waved by claiming it was consensual, that said her real "explanation" of what happened is just a gaslighting misdirection. Claiming that it was homophobia.

The facts are facts, regardless of who witnessed them.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,922 Times in 3,937 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

^^I'm not saying that they should have called the EX as a witness, rather I wish they could have called the cop involved or gone into how the cop had to out herself as a lesbian in order to combat Amber's homophobia accusations.

I think my two favorite witnesses ended up being two that testified the other day; the TMZ dude and the photo expert. The TMZ dude testified that it was Amber/her team leaking info to TMZ which is something that her and her team have always denied and the photo expert testified about how Amber's 'abuse injury photos' were not originals, had been run through photo editing software and that photos she claimed were seperate were actually the same photo just edited. He was great because he was able to clearly and completely discredit the photos and show that she was lying about them, and there was also a painful moment where the defense was trying so hard to back him into answering 'yes' on a certain question and he refused to fold in a way that I thought was really impressive.

The TMZ dude was great too because at some point the defense's only attempt to try and discredit Johnny's witnesses was to make it look like they were only testifying because they knew the trial was televised and wanted their 15 minutes of fame. The defense tried it with him and he argued back that one could say the same thing about him if he was testifying for Amber's side. Then the lawyer replied to that in a goading fashion something like "We're a little argumentative aren't we?" (which was funny because Amber's lawyers have done nothing but turn everyone off with how antaganostic and condescending and flat-out rude they've been to everyone throughout the entire trial) and he shot back that no, he was just speaking purely logically.

Amber also shot herself in the foot because twice she admitted that she wrote the Op-ed about Johnny, unprompted too, and denying that it was written about Johnny was one of the defense's tactics.

Something she does that I find really incriminating is how when asked if she thinks the people who are giving testimonies that completely contradict hers are lying and committing perjury she never gives a straight answer and says yes. She'll say stuff like 'I'm just saying that that's not what happened,' which is funny to me because if you knew you were telling the truth and you knew the person/people on the stand were purposely lying through their teeth about you to falsely incriminate you and then a lawyer asked you if you were saying that they were lying and committing perjury, you would be like "YES. YES THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M SAYING."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

I still feel for the jurors. I would be pissed to be stuck in court for that many weeks without pay listening to millionaires squabble over money.

Update: Verdict will be revealed on Tuesday. Darn it ! I wanted it today but I get it.
    Last edited by indiegirl; 05-27-2022 at 02:19 PM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

^^I'm not saying that they should have called the EX as a witness, rather I wish they could have called the cop involved or gone into how the cop had to out herself as a lesbian in order to combat Amber's homophobia accusations.
    Yup, I argued something similar a few pages back. I understand the complicated nature of consent, generally the whole "mind your own business" defense could be posited if physical violence turned her on. That is not what they are arguing, they are arguing homophobia (meaning the entire event is fabricated) which is so ridiculous, there is hard evidence that physical violence happened in the airport.

Something she does that I find really incriminating is how when asked if she thinks the people who are giving testimonies that completely contradict hers are lying and committing perjury she never gives a straight answer and says yes. She'll say stuff like 'I'm just saying that that's not what happened,' which is funny to me because if you knew you were telling the truth and you knew the person/people on the stand were purposely lying through their teeth about you to falsely incriminate you and then a lawyer asked you if you were saying that they were lying and committing perjury, you would be like "YES. YES THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M SAYING."
    To me the most telling was her conflating pledging with donating like indiegirl mentioned, this is indicative of a parallel reality, like she is gaslighting everyone. Her lawyers told her to double down on future legal costs, but instead of doing that she redefines words in such a brazen attempt to redefine reality.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeathAndTaxes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 21,585 Times in 6,987 Posts

I still feel for the jurors. I would be pissed to be stuck in court for that many weeks without pay listening to millionaires squabble over money.

The jurors aren't paid at all??? I had jury duty several years ago, and we got paid $20 (We were given a voucher that we had to go into some other building to redeem to get the cash). My mom had jury duty about 2 1/2 weeks ago, and she said the pay was $50 per day.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TheBrownFox For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,687 Times in 6,413 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

I've been too busy with work to watch updates on the story but the whole thing about Amber's dog stepping on a bee was very WTF. I feel bad that the dogs had to witness all of that terrible shit!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrownFox View Post
    The jurors aren't paid at all??? I had jury duty several years ago, and we got paid $20 (We were given a voucher that we had to go into some other building to redeem to get the cash). My mom had jury duty about 2 1/2 weeks ago, and she said the pay was $50 per day.
    They said I would be paid 12 bucks a day if I was put in the jury box. That's outrageous to punish people like that . Especially with the gas prices and inflation. They should be paying their full salary if they really want that person as a juror.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,823 Times in 4,449 Posts

I got paid $10. Some employers will compensate you for the difference.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

They said I would be paid 12 bucks a day if I was put in the jury box. That's outrageous to punish people like that . Especially with the gas prices and inflation. They should be paying their full salary if they really want that person as a juror.
    Anyone remember that lady who told the judge she couldn't work jury duty because she lose out on a lot of money ..... she didn't want to turn her Sugar Daddy money down for chump change
    “Cook for him like a housewife, fuck him good like a nympho….pay the rent and the car note, he invests in me like crypto”

Thanks

Agreed. But your post had said "without pay," so I was like huh? I'd hope those jurors got AT LEAST the same amount my mom just got ($50, and it wasn't a big celeb case like this one, of course) or higher.

They just announced that the verdict will be announced at 3 PM!

Thanks
    Thanked 20,279 Times in 5,786 Posts

This whole trial makes me sad. Real domestic violence victims have a hard enough time receiving justice. The whole celebrity status thing with both of them and all the memes have created a mockery of domestic violence.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WendiStarr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrownFox View Post
    Agreed. But your post had said "without pay," so I was like huh? I'd hope those jurors got AT LEAST the same amount my mom just got ($50, and it wasn't a big celeb case like this one, of course) or higher.

They just announced that the verdict will be announced at 3 PM!
    Do they cover gas fees too?
    Lol I was logging into SW to post the 3pm announcement too! Ahhhhh I'm gonna have to watch this when I get home tonight!!!!
    Okay it's depending on the time zone so it starts in an hour and 9 minutes

Thanks

Do they cover gas fees too?
    Lol I was logging into SW to post the 3pm announcement too! Ahhhhh I'm gonna have to watch this when I get home tonight!!!!

I don't drive, so I wouldn't know. I just Googled it for you, and it says "While other states provide jurors with mileage reimbursement for travel, this is not available in Maryland."

Catching the bus in an hour to go to the laundromat. Hopefully no one on the bus starts trying to talk to me, because I'm gonna have earbuds in waiting on this verdict.
    Last edited by TheBrownFox; 06-01-2022 at 04:59 PM.

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,445 Times in 3,049 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by DeathAndTaxes View Post

Taking notes with her "pan"?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to slowpoke For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

The jury ruled in favor of Depp, but also ruled an ex-attorney for Depp defamed Heard. Depp was awarded $10 million and Heard was awarded $2 million.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Actually it was 15 million total and Heard got 2 million from the attorney.

Definitely did not expect this 6 weeks ago (but did see it likely when it ended), but then again there were so many gaffes by the defense and Amber's testimony that it really was a perfect storm.

Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 6,603 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

He wasn't even in the courtroom when the verdict was announced. He was in a pub in the UK.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeathAndTaxes View Post
    Actually it was 15 million total and Heard got 2 million from the attorney.

Definitely did not expect this 6 weeks ago (but did see it likely when it ended), but then again there were so many gaffes by the defense and Amber's testimony that it really was a perfect storm.
    I just read that Depp was originally awarded $10 million in compensation and $5 million in punitive damages, but the state caps punitive damages at $350,000, so he ended up with $10,350,000.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...b62_story.html

36. The Following User Says Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

^He was awarded…….but good luck to him on collecting.

This broad will probably claim bankruptcy, work under the table, etc. to keep from paying or be “pledging” n shit and not actually paying.

He will most likely have to sue her again to actually get the money.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2 View Post
    I just read that Depp was originally awarded $10 million in compensation and $5 million in punitive damages, but the state caps punitive damages at $350,000, so he ended up with $10,350,000.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...b62_story.html
    Why would they award amounts over the cap?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast