Thread: Stripping and inflation

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,431 Times in 2,502 Posts

Default Stripping and inflation

Of course we should focus on what we can control, and be grateful to be able to afford basic necessities and to have the luxuries this job affords us; however, letís not be in denial about the current economy and how itís effecting our livelihood. How has business been for you lately?

Lately it seems customers are being extra cheap-even cheaper than usual. Weíre talking about people not tipping $1 on a weekend night in a packed club. Honestly, I kinda canít be mad at a working class man for not wanting to spend a lot, but of course donít waste my time and tip of youíre at stage at least. Beautiful women are a luxury and no one is entitled to my time and energy for free.
    Focus more on what you want than on what you donít want

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Stripping and inflation

I've noticed that a lot of the dance prices haven't changed in YEARS. I started during the recession and nothing has changed. Although the cost of my old apartment in those days compared to now has doubled.

Why do clubs do this I wonder?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raven88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,213 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

^ Before I quit dancing it was like that, at least in my experience anyway. I noticed nontippers more so around 2012 and it got worse as the years went by. Seems like the only ones that got tipped $1 or 2 were the ones fully nude showing every nook & cranny they had. I knew my value, so I didn't get tipped.
    "Alot of people are afraid to say what they want, that's why they don't get what they want"~ Madonna

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 18,141 Times in 7,767 Posts

It's definitely getting weirder in the clubs.
    There is money out there still but it's getting a lot harder for sure.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The clubs do so LITTLE to discourage cheapness. Why can't part of the cover fee be " spend this in the first hour or lose it " type of dancer dollars or something ? Sitting and staring while spending under $10 an hour should not be an option. Why can't all clubs have dancer drinks so when guys ask you if you want a drink 50 times a night you can actually make a little from each one ?

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carmen_b View Post

The clubs do so LITTLE to discourage cheapness. Why can't part of the cover fee be " spend this in the first hour or lose it " type of dancer dollars or something ? Sitting and staring while spending under $10 an hour should not be an option. Why can't all clubs have dancer drinks so when guys ask you if you want a drink 50 times a night you can actually make a little from each one ?

ugh this reminds me, when I did this full time if we didn't sell a certain amount of drinks it came off our earnings. We got no commission on this either.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Raven88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^ Aw. I loved this particular place that instead of a stage fee you sold 8-10 drinks ( they were affordable to like $4-$5 so the guys bought them without issues ). I love that. I just loved feeling like you were not in the hole until " an unknown time " until profiting . You knew that over the night they would sell and anything from stage or dances was just yours.

I have heard it go the other way though too .... having a stage fee and THEN having to sell them sounds awful.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raven88 View Post
    I've noticed that a lot of the dance prices haven't changed in YEARS. I started during the recession and nothing has changed. Although the cost of my old apartment in those days compared to now has doubled.

Why do clubs do this I wonder?
    Because they get a cut of our money, tip out, and the entry fee from customers regardless. I think when I retire I’ll have no regrets or wishes to go back. I’ve also danced in the Great Recession-we thought it would get better, but it never did. I think there will be money to be made, but it’s getting to be not worth it. When you can get an hourly for $15 per hour why would you show your pussy and grind on guys for $200-$300 a night-with no benefits, pay taxes, nothing! If i wasn’t a veteran I wouldn’t be doing it still. I occasionally have those 1k nights but it’s getting rare. I feel like I have to work hard to have a decent shift. It’s worth it if you need flexibility and fast cash, but it’s not a life changing amount. It’s enough to live comfortably and afford a few luxuries.

Even my friend before covid said she was making $100-$200 in Miami. That’s why I get so pissed when guys say you can make 4K a night. Most likely not. Definitely not staying in alignment with my values. There might be a few MVP’s and more power to you, but the average stripper is not a high roller.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,098 Times in 424 Posts

I’ve had some of my highest earning shifts this past two years…also also periods of brutally bad shifts are also more common too.

There is definitely a more somber tone than there used to be. Especially with all the uncertainly of what is going to happen next, day-by-day. I feel like the customers who I am able to get to spend are more so the lonely individuals who want a friendly face more than party guys finding fun. So, definitely higher emotional labor. Which is tougher.

Oh yeah, and recent extreme weather incidents in different parts of the country doesn’t help either.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StellaRose For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

i’ve been dancing since 2017 and this is the worst condition i’ve seen the clubs in. it’s DEAD DEAD. on the slowest of slow nights i could easily pull $300 at my club but now if i even get to that amount its like a luxury (atleast in the last two weeks or so). the clubs aren’t necessarily empty, it’s just a ton of people are coming in groups strictly to drink and hangout as if it’s a regular bar/nightclub. some guy was even sitting on his laptop in the corner. we do not have wi-fi? lol. it’s been very discouraging lately and i dread every shift i go in. i’ve had only one day id consider good in the last two weeks (i took a two month break so idk how it was before then ����♀️)

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strippuhanika For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I've noticed that a lot of the dance prices haven't changed in YEARS. I started during the recession and nothing has changed.
    I think the price of a [private] lap dance is not going to change due to the fact; One, to consumers, it's not a need or a basic commodity or necessity like food, light, shelter, or even cellphone service. It's more of a luxury item, or a service, though the consumer can't obtain, like a Louis Vuitton purse, or enjoy the service for a prolonged period of time like getting your nails and hair done.

Two; for the producer, provider, or establishment, lap dances don't cost them a dime. Only charge the rent for the space and time [per song]. For them, raising the price means customers will lose interest in buying lap dances meaning losing that easy "rent" money. So, strip clubs must maintain a fair price, a middle ground, for the dancer and customer and it's usually $25/song. The only thing they can raise the price is drinks, food, cover fee, etc.

In the end, we're all our own on this battlefront. We can charge more if we want but most customers know the price plus clubs leaving signs of the price of a dance in the booths.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 305gurl For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moneybags View Post
    Beautiful women are a luxury and no one is entitled to my time and energy for free.
    The club rules don't agree with you though.

If they are in the club, they ARE allowed to watch you for free.

Don't blame the guys, blame the club.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moneybags View Post
    I feel like I have to work hard to have a decent shift.
    why would you feel otherwise?

earning good money should be hard work

God/dess
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by strippuhanika View Post
    i’ve been dancing since 2017 and this is the worst condition i’ve seen the clubs in. it’s DEAD DEAD. on the slowest of slow nights i could easily pull $300 at my club but now if i even get to that amount its like a luxury (atleast in the last two weeks or so). the clubs aren’t necessarily empty, it’s just a ton of people are coming in groups strictly to drink and hangout as if it’s a regular bar/nightclub. some guy was even sitting on his laptop in the corner. we do not have wi-fi? lol. it’s been very discouraging lately and i dread every shift i go in. i’ve had only one day id consider good in the last two weeks (i took a two month break so idk how it was before then ����♀️)
    I think this my biggest problem. Is the number of free loaders who come in. They aren’t even nice. They’re broke and rude. It’s just a negative cycle of having a bad night and then dreading the next shift. I’m working on my exit strategy, but until then it looks like this is the new normal. It’s probably better to just adapt or exit rather than complain. I’ll listen to anyone here, but at work it’s better to just be positive. It’s frustrating as hell, but is what it is. I just try to be grateful for the good nights. I’m also thinking of taking the weekends off as it just a bunch of broke guys trying to get free attention. This job is ONLY empowering if you’re making hella bread otherwise it’s not worth it. Hence why I’m leaving ASAP! I don’t see things getting better anytime soon unfortunately. Might as well try to squeeze every drop of juice while I can.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,257 Times in 3,276 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

ugh this reminds me, when I did this full time if we didn't sell a certain amount of drinks it came off our earnings. We got no commission on this either.
    Yep. I remember being frustrated with large sized sodas questioning my very existence and then getting reprimanded for having all these sodas in the dressing room. I am not gonna down this amount of soda in a night while I'm forced to sell them LOL.