Thread: Manager said for me to stop overcharging

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Dizzy Manager said for me to stop overcharging

Hey it’s my first time posting in this forum. Yesterday I was having a great night just dancing when my manager called me in his office. He was asking me how much tip I charge for a $10 minute lap dance. I said around $55 but some guys give me an extra $40 and tell me to charge higher. he said “that’s way too much and you need to stop overcharging these guys otherwise they won’t have enough money to spend on the other girls”. I said “I never heard that before”. And he mentioned that my average is way low and he doesn’t want to have to cut me since they’ve cut dancers in the past and I said “what do you mean by average?” And he didn’t specify but he said my averages for dances are low and the other girls are higher. I didn’t know what to make of that statement and he was also upset I got a day part time job to help out extra with my car payment and said that “I’m stupid for that and makes no sense”. I said “ok whatever”.

my question is, how much is too much? I don’t feel I’m overcharging but I wonder where this came from. It’s not just me charging this way, other girls charge way more money than myself. Just curious on why he was specifically targeting me 🥲 and the girl behind me was telling me these dancers are trying to undercut me and trying to get me fired. I don’t even talk to them in the room at all; and the times I do go to the back is when I have to freshen up and change outfits and overhear things.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,013 Times in 4,378 Posts

Default Re: Manager said for me to stop overcharging

It is not your responsibility to care if the men in the club have enough money to spend on the other dancers. None of them care whether or not you are making enough money. If you can get that out of the men, then clearly they can afford it.

What this sounds like, is the manager if fucking a few of the dancers & they are complaining that you are making all the money. 1. Never brag or say how much money you are making or how much you charge for anything. 2. Consider the fact that you might have to move to a different club. Cause this situation only might get worse rather than better over time.

Guys are going to like & spend upon whom they want more than who is the cheapest.
    Video blogs on Camming industry & how to succeed at camming.

Personality is the glitter that sends your little gleam across the footlights and the orchestra pit into that big black space where the audience is. Mae West

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Okay yeah thanks so much for the insight. Anytime the girls ask how much my rates are , I generally just list what rhe prices in the club say. They say “oh you should charge more”, I’m like oh well I’m just taking it easy or make up some lie or whatever. I generally let the guy know early on and if he doesn’t feel comfortable paying that much, then I lower it a bit to secure a sale and it lets me know how much he has to spend. I don’t go to the back room much but a lot of the girls are back there. I didn’t understand why the manager said my average was low when I get lap dance requests, minimally 2 requests every hour or if not lap dances, I get a few vip rooms. It was also sudden and random that he decided to ask and bring up in overcharging too much and then not enough money gets circulated in the club for the other girls or for the club drinks. I thought it was silly he said that. I am definetly looking for another club since they want to complain to me but not give anyone else the talk. It’s my first club but we’ll I guess it’s time to change clubs and I live in upstate NY.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,013 Times in 4,378 Posts

It is simply not your job to worry about what the club or the other dancers make. Keep focusing on what works for you. If the others bring up prices, smile & change the subject, my bestie used to act like a dumb blonde while banking.

First club is always a good learning experience & it might take trying a few out to figure out which one works best for you. This site is full of great stories, advice & experiences. Read up on every thread that applies to stripping to learn more.

Good Luck
    Video blogs on Camming industry & how to succeed at camming.

Personality is the glitter that sends your little gleam across the footlights and the orchestra pit into that big black space where the audience is. Mae West

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Thank you so much ! I appreciate it and yes definetly will do

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mareep1996 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 18,183 Times in 7,791 Posts

I would just keep doing what you are doing .

If he watches you closely then say " the dance is xyz and I typically suggest tip xyz ".
    The club can not take that surplus " tip ". Have the guy give it to you discreetly and you'll be good.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,159 Times in 2,227 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

It's none of anyone's business what you charge as long as you aren't undercutting the min prices. So what if they tip you way more. You deserve it. Don't ever let these assholes dictate your coin. I'd move on if I were you.
    "Alot of people are afraid to say what they want, that's why they don't get what they want"~ Madonna

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 32,785 Times in 11,936 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

I’d lie to him and say okay whilst continuing to charge what I wanted.

Then next time he tries to tell you (an independent contractor) what to charge I’d DISCREETLY record him then go to my lawyers office after my shift.
    “Cook for him like a housewife, fuck him good like a nympho….pay the rent and the car note, he invests in me like crypto”

14. The Following User Says Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post: