Thread: "Is that your real name"

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Default "Is that your real name"

I deliberately chose a real name as my stage name eons ago because it's easier to avoid this conversation. I *rarely* get asked in my cam life that I've done for years, but I just got back to stripping and I get asked at least once a day. Especially by older guys I'm getting along well with that are definitely gonna spend more on me the more genuine they feel the connection is.
    I'm really recognizable and I have a public persona under my real name for non-sw projects I'm in. I know it's highly likely I'm gonna get found out and I'm open with my friends about what I do, but I dont really wanna increase the odds.
    Also, I really cannot lie. I can creatively phrase my level of interest in a person because I genuinely do want to make people feel happy and seen and cared for and all that but like... I cannot outright lie. It kills something inside of me and it's not worth it.

Sometimes I can deflect with "it's been my name nearly as long as the one I was given, think of it as a nickname" or tell them I changed my "real name" anyway (which I did) so what even is a real name? But ya know how they can be... what kinds of things have you said that have worked well to bridge that gap while protecting your boundaries?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 477 Posts
    My Mood
    Busy

Default Re: "Is that your real name"

Honestly I had a real sounding name as my stage name, which cut down this question by a huge amount. Once a shift was still quite a good amount. If anyone asked this I just gave another normal sounding name and it usually ended there. I didnt really feel like this was lying as it's just the first layer of protection for yourself. If they questioned again I'd just kind of joke like... you're making this difficult for yourself, because at that point what would they believe?

I respect and understand what you mean about not wanting to outright lie though. If you feel bad about this, if you actually changed your name then give your old first name? It was your name once, so it's not a lie. But, they don't *need* to know anything real about you. And my stage name became a name/persona i use outside the club too, so, youre right. What is a name? It's about how they feel, and you shouldnt have to compromise your privacy or that. And when they might not even believe your actual real name anyway. If anyone were to look you up and be 'upset' you 'lied', you just explain why dancers have stage names, and that honesty might placate someone who is understanding.

To try to answer your q though, try out your ideas and see. I suspect saying you changed your name would only invite further interest. Saying it's been your name as long as your given is interesting, have a story about it other than "I picked it when I auditioned", I think they might be curious what the story is and it might feel real to them. Like if its a nickname from when you were young because xyz happened and someone coined it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 429 Posts

“Well….my boobs are real”
    *leans in closer*

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StellaRose For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,740 Times in 2,595 Posts
    My Mood
    Amazed

I used a real-sounding name. Never told any customers my real name, and only ever told two dancers I’ve worked with. As for my reply to that question, it depended on whether or not I anticipated them opening their wallets. I know at least once I’ve said, “My name is Legion, for we are many”.
    Written on the walls at the house of sorrow
    You can find the names of those who burned
    Greater yet, the pain in little drawings
    I could not remain in that room

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AChildOfBoredom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 477 Posts
    My Mood
    Busy

^legion lmao, I love it

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smeca For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ive had to change my stage name a couple of times over the years when dancing at a different club where another girl was already using that name, but have always chosen a cute sounding girl next door kind of name that goes with my personality. I too find this reduses the amount of times i get asked 'so whats your real name then'. When it does happen i just shyly laugh and quickly change the subject.

Im sure we get asked the same questions over and over again everynight. For me its 'oh my god how tall are you'? as im 6ft nearly 6'1 without my heels on.

Another one i get for some reason, this happend the other night and i also remember this on my very first night dancing ever, which is 'hi do you work here'? I'm thinking 'really' and took a step back from him and pointed to the lycra thong back one piece i was wearing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaden F For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I've learn to not to give out your actual first name when dealing with customers after having a debacle with a love-smitten regular. With the Internet, smartphones, and social media, people can find your info sooner or later if you give out your first name and bits of information.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 305gurl For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I always used a "real fake name" along with a story about what car I drove, what neighbourhood I lived in and where I was going to university at the time.
    They don't need to know these things and are either socially awkward at best and predatory at worst. So there is no point in telling them.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Raven88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,662 Times in 4,408 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    In Love

My real name is out there for anyone to find since I ran for Congress four years ago. As well as my enthusiastic support for the second amendment and my pet alligator.
    "Fake tits are like Kevlar. They don't guarantee your chances of survival but they sure as hell improve it."
    Tempest

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tempest666 For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

I want to find a stage name that matches my rap tunes, is there a cool name?

Thanks
    Thanked 25,805 Times in 13,173 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Tempest, for President!

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Yeah, just stick to a believable fake first name throughout your stint/career. Sound advice.