Thread: The Purse of Doom?

Thanks

Thumbs up The Purse of Doom?

Hey!

Baby Skrippa here, I'm prepping to go into my first club 'eek!' and I want to nail basic safety and street smarts, the one thing I cannot seem to figure out is the PURSE.

- I get the feeling having your phone in your purse is a bad idea but I've seen dancers have them on them, what do people think?

- Dancing: my club has a pole area on the ground level and an upstairs VIP with sofas... where the hell do you put your purse?! There's a corner behind the pole I could put my bag for the dances, it's the VIP section that gets me... I could put my purse under the sofa?... Help me pleeeeease I don't want to lose any hard-earned cash

Any help would be hugely appreciated thank yoooou xxxx

Featured Member trustfundkiller's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,486 Times in 1,142 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

Default Re: The Purse of Doom?

You should be putting your cash inside your locker which will prevent it from getting stolen on the floor. I also keep my phone in my locker, because keeping it on the floor is just having another valuable that can potentially be stolen. Unless you're waiting on a text from a regular who's coming in, there's no reason to keep it on your person. There will typically be some sort of end table in the lap dance and VIP areas where you can keep your purse while dancing. You'll figure it out once you actually start working and see how the club is set up.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,898 Times in 2,572 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

If your club is anything like mine, the area under the couch hasn't been cleaned in a decade. There should be a little table in the dance area like trustfundkiller said, for the guys to set down their own drink/wallet/phone, etc.

I keep my phone on me, but really, nothing outside of your locker is truly safe.

I move my cash from my purse to my locker pretty frequently throughout the shift.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to seashell For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I don't think we have end tables in the VIP section... but I hope I'm wrong and just didn't see them, if there aren't any what's the next best thing?

Thanks

I walk around with a little soft purse that i wear on my wrist, usually my sparkley silver one that goes with most of the outfits i wear. Its just to hold a few notes in, i never have my phone with me out on the floor and most clubs in the uk wont allow it. The girls will do all there social media stuff in the dressing room with me desperately trying not to be in background.
    As for what to do with your purse. shortly before i have to go up the pole i will lock my purse in my bag in the dressing room then wait at the side of the stage for the girl to end her dance. Tipping the girl on stage isnt really a thing in the Uk so you wont need it.
    When performing a lap dance, the lap dance area will usully have little tables or someing were customers can put there drinks down so you could place your purse on the table or on the sofa next to you, but i never carry alot of money on me just in case.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

Depends on the set up. For stage everywhere I've worked we just put it down against the wall at the back of the stage. At one club the pole was by the computer they played the music on, by the dressing room, so purse went on there. Dance booths always had a surface at the back of the seat as it was like a built in booth couch thing, so i put purse up behind the customer so i could see it.

There were 2 places that just had regular sofas (ugh), and I guess I just put my bag on a table. I like it in eyeline though and protected.

I didn't carry my phone on the floor-it's valuable and also has so much of your identity stored in it. Depends if you have lockers though, we never did actually but girls were all trustworthy in my main clubs If you don't need much on you a wrist purse as mentioned above might be a great idea, then it's attached to you.

Thanks

Yes, ive found that the other dancers are generally trustworthy also, most of us just throw our bags up onto the side or on the floor next to the wall in the changing room and people will leave others stuff alone.
    I take to work with me a roller suit case, the sort that you would take to the airport when going on holiday, and will put a combination padlock on the zip. Its more peace of mind that my money and other valuables are safe while im out on the floor.

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,650 Times in 2,563 Posts
    My Mood
    Amazed

Last club I worked at, most of that went into a locker. They had a separate safe with smaller lock boxes in it… if you carried pepper spray, had one of those “cats” on your keychain, etc., you were expected to check it in and keep it there for your shift, but you could put any other items you weren’t comfortable keeping in your locker in there. I always had stuff to put in the safe, but the lockers were sturdy enough I felt fine keeping cash, my phone, etc. in there.
    Written on the walls at the house of sorrow
    You can find the names of those who burned
    Greater yet, the pain in little drawings
    I could not remain in that room

Thanks
    Thanked 16,851 Times in 6,474 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

The politely unspoken rule about no bags on the floor in a strip club is to avoid issues with drugs or theft.

Some clubs allow a wristlet clutch if you want to keep makeup or accessories on you during your shift.