Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: As Ohio restricts abortions, 10-year-old girl travels to Indiana for procedure

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,976 Times in 4,521 Posts

Default As Ohio restricts abortions, 10-year-old girl travels to Indiana for procedure

2. The Following User Says Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,397 Times in 12,223 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Default Re: As Ohio restricts abortions, 10-year-old girl travels to Indiana for procedure

^Its unfortunate but there will be more headlines of women and girls in dire situations like that.

10 year olds bodies are not equipped to be birthing children.

Hope they arrest whoever impregnated herÖ..unless it was another 10 year old.
    ďCook for him like a housewife, fuck him good like a nymphoÖ.pay the rent and the car note, he invests in me like cryptoĒ

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,793 Times in 2,584 Posts

Default Re: As Ohio restricts abortions, 10-year-old girl travels to Indiana for procedure

Where are the men of good conscience? Where are the divine masculines? I’m getting a gun now!
    Focus more on what you want than on what you donít want

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,176 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by miss.a.p1600 View Post
    ^Its unfortunate but there will be more headlines of women and girls in dire situations like that.

Hope they arrest whoever impregnated her…..unless it was another 10 year old.
    This child had an advocate that was able to secure the abortion and get her over state lines. I would guess there is an active investigation in this case. For them to go ahead with the plan, lots of evidence would has been collected and likely the father being very close to the child and was already under suspicion. so many children will be forced to carry and they will have nothing close to that available and they will die.
    If you never knew me, that'd probably be cheaper

If you really knew me, you would know I don't need ya- Saweetie

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kamiliam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,581 Times in 2,704 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

This tragic case highlights what I was talking about. There will be more children having to carry babies their bodies not ready for. During middle school , I saw quite a few preteens being pregnant. Each time it was just a tragedy. I hope this 10 year gets the help she needs.
    Wolves may lurk in every guise / Now as then, 'tis simple truth / Sweetest tongue has sharpest tooth.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DonaDiabla For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

Hope they arrest whoever impregnated her…..unless it was another 10 year old.
    The obstetrician-gynecologist who performed the abortion, said she took a call from a child abuse doctor, so I'm guessing it was an adult. I hope he gets arrested and sent to prison for a very long time.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,162 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moneybags View Post
    Where are the men of good conscience? Where are the divine masculines? Iím getting a gun now!
    That's exactly what the NRA wants, so I'm gonna rebel and get a taser.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveyD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,843 Times in 6,471 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by DonaDiabla View Post
    This tragic case highlights what I was talking about. There will be more children having to carry babies their bodies not ready for. During middle school , I saw quite a few preteens being pregnant. Each time it was just a tragedy. I hope this 10 year gets the help she needs.
    One of my classmates got pregnant at 13. Of course her family was very dysfunctional so they didn't care. I definitely recall the word "trashy" being used to describe her. (Mostly b/c everyone else in town would already describe her relatives that way.)

She had to drop out of school, the whole 9 yards of Poverty Drama.

A full term pregnancy could literally kill a small female, but of course Christo-Fascists don't care.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Senior Member FrankieSkyPrivate's Avatar
    Thanks

This change of law is a huge step back. We will see this situation happening all the time. Women traveling between states. Now, about the 10 year old girl, that's another situations added to the abortion ban

18. The Following User Says Thank You to FrankieSkyPrivate For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2 View Post
    The obstetrician-gynecologist who performed the abortion, said she took a call from a child abuse doctor, so I'm guessing it was an adult. I hope he gets arrested and sent to prison for a very long time.
    The story of the 10 year old "rape victim" remains unconfirmed and questionable. To date, no such "rape" was reported as required by Ohio law. Likewise , any suspected abuse was NOT reported by either the original treating physician or the abortion provider. That is according to the Washington Post among other news outlets.

That said, there were at least 52 cases of pregnancies where the mother was 15 or younger in Ohio last year. That is 52 too many afaic. And why abortion ought to remain an option in cases like these. Sadly there are plenty of cases that are now present and will come up in the future thanks to Dobbs. I said at the time that the SCOTUS was opening a Pandora's Box chock full of unintended consequences and that it was neither necessary nor desirable to overturn Roe.
    Last edited by Eric Stoner; 07-11-2022 at 07:38 AM.
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Stoner For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

I’ve protested and just about done everything I can. At this point, the prolifers are gonna have to experience the consequences to their actions. Unfortunately, innocent people will be harmed in the process

This isn't about pro life it is about the rise of Christian nationalism and that’s something we should all be worried about. It’s about putting women back in their place. Most of these pro lifers are just brainwashed “Christians” carrying out the agenda of the rich and powerful. They’re just tools.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,397 Times in 12,223 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stoner View Post
    The story of the 10 year old "rape victim" remains unconfirmed and questionable. To date, no such "rape" was reported as required by Ohio law. Likewise , any suspected abuse was NOT reported by either the original treating physician or the abortion provider. That is according to the Washington Post among other news outlets.

That said, there were at least 52 cases of pregnancies where the mother was 15 or younger in Ohio last year. That is 52 too many afaic. And why abortion ought to remain an option in cases like these. Sadly there are plenty of cases that are now present and will come up in the future thanks to Dobbs. I said at the time that the SCOTUS was opening a Pandora's Box chock full of unintended consequences and that it was neither necessary nor desirable to overturn Roe.

not sure why you are putting rape in quotes when underage 10 year olds can not give consent to sex in America.

Have you ever thought HIPPA laws may prevent this child’s entire record being available to the media to prevent from exposing her identity?!?

Since when are you reading Washington Post (unless it’s to confirm your bias of underaged elementary school girls being sexually active)

I’m really baffled at the amount of grown men in America who don’t understand the basic concept of consent.
    ďCook for him like a housewife, fuck him good like a nymphoÖ.pay the rent and the car note, he invests in me like cryptoĒ

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

not sure why you are putting rape in quotes when underage 10 year olds can not give consent to sex in America.

Have you ever thought HIPPA laws may prevent this child’s entire record being available to the media to prevent from exposing her identity?!?

Since when are you reading Washington Post (unless it’s to confirm your bias of underaged elementary school girls being sexually active)

I’m really baffled at the amount of grown men in America who don’t understand the basic concept of consent.
    Well , yeah, OK if you look at it like that you may have a point as to consent . By law females usually have to be at least 16 in most states to consent to any sexual activity. Males too in some states. Likewise in most states incest does not have consent as an element of the activity.

No one is asking for the victim's identity to be released. Questions have been raised as to the authenticity and accuracy of the claims made about her including whether or not she even exists. Including by left wing outlets like the Washington Post. There are a LOT of questions being raised by more right wing outlets. Foremost being that no such rape or case of incest was reported as REQUIRED by Ohio law. It is not optional . Both Dr. Bernard and her Ohio colleague are required by law to report such a victim so that whoever impregnated her can be identified and prosecuted.

My point is that assuming the skeptics are right it does not change the fact that there are plenty of REAL underage victims for whom abortion ought to be an option. No child should be compelled to be pregnant especially if she was a victim.
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Well , yeah, OK if you look at it like that you have a point as to consent . By law females usually have to be at least 16 in most states to consent to any sexual activity. Likewise in most states incest does not have consent as an element of the activity.

No one is asking for the victim's identity to be released. Questions have been raised as to the authenticity and accuracy of the claims made about her including whether or not she even exists. Including by left wing outlets like the Washington Post. There are a LOT of questions being raised by more right wing outlets. Foremost being that no such rape or case of incest was reported as REQUIRED by Ohio law. It is not optional .

My point is that assuming the skeptics are right it does not change the fact that there are plenty of REAL underage victims for whom abortion ought to be an option. No child should be compelled to be pregnant especially if she was a victim.

Then why bring it up? Your news sources never had the right to dig into a child assault, overturning roe just made you think you had the right to. Cases involving minors are not up for public debate and investigation. Files are sealed, to PROTECT THE CHILD. Most cases like this are sexual assault from family members, some details were probably left out or made vague to stop more violence on a CHILD. It is possible there were initially charges/investigation long ago (doubt they got the child pregnant the first go) and there was a long term investigation, perhaps the family wasn’t cooperating. Maybe this incident wasn’t disclosed to law enforcement given the political climate, thank goodness her doctor recognized that they had to work quickly.

Cases like this happen every day. Do you think the police in these states are going to be of any help to a child pregnant with a baby they can’t care for? Or do you think it is abortion funds who will not work with the police and get the child the medical help they deserve?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to kamiliam For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LoveyD View Post
    That's exactly what the NRA wants, so I'm gonna rebel and get a taser.
    cool. Let me know what you get. Iíve heard tasers are hit and miss. I read some bad reviews about the battery going bad or the taser not working. Iíd love to get one. Especially being non lethal. You know if we shoot a rapist the law will be against us too.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moneybags View Post
    cool. Let me know what you get. Iíve heard tasers are hit and miss. I read some bad reviews about the battery going bad or the taser not working. Iíd love to get one. Especially being non lethal. You know if we shoot a rapist the law will be against us too.
    Pepper spray is also an option.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I put the word rape in quotes because it is more and more doubtful that the story has any truth to it.

Aside from the medical and scientific FACT that the odds of a 10 year old getting pregnant are infinitesimal ; according to the Attorney General of Ohio there was no such case of a 10 year old getting pregnant. And if , repeat IF, it had occurred Dr. Bernard had an absolute duty to report it. Which she did not. Lastly , under Ohio law any rape victim , regardless of age can legally obtain an abortion in Ohio.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kamiliam View Post
    Then why bring it up? Your news sources never had the right to dig into a child assault, overturning roe just made you think you had the right to. Cases involving minors are not up for public debate and investigation. Files are sealed, to PROTECT THE CHILD. Most cases like this are sexual assault from family members, some details were probably left out or made vague to stop more violence on a CHILD. It is possible there were initially charges/investigation long ago (doubt they got the child pregnant the first go) and there was a long term investigation, perhaps the family wasn’t cooperating. Maybe this incident wasn’t disclosed to law enforcement given the political climate, thank goodness her doctor recognized that they had to work quickly.

Cases like this happen every day. Do you think the police in these states are going to be of any help to a child pregnant with a baby they can’t care for? Or do you think it is abortion funds who will not work with the police and get the child the medical help they deserve?
    My "news sources" ? To whom are you referring ? The Washington Post ? The fact remains that there is zip , zero, nada confirmation of Dr. Bernard's little fairy tale . And that is what it appears to be.

I never claimed any right to rummage around in sealed records. The Attorney General of Ohio has called bullshit on Dr. Bernard. In contrast everything you posted consists entirely of assumption , supposition , surmise and conjecture. If you know of any facts that confirm Dr. Bernard's story please post them. If a rape in fact occurred as Dr. Bernard claimed to the two reporters from the Indianapolis Star and repeated by Biden then she had an absolute duty to report it. She does not have an ounce of discretion. She MUST report it. She didn't.

Strangest of all is why you are going after me. I opposed overturning Roe and think that any woman who is raped and impregnated has an absolute right to terminate the pregnancy if that is what she wants to do. Something like 85% of Americans agree with me.

I don't see how fictitious horror stories like the one Dr. Bernard apparently made up help the cause. All it does is give ammo to abortion opponents.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

My "news sources" ? To whom are you referring ? The Washington Post ? The fact remains that there is zip , zero, nada confirmation of Dr. Bernard's little fairy tale . And that is what it appears to be.

I never claimed any right to rummage around in sealed records. The Attorney General of Ohio has called bullshit on Dr. Bernard. In contrast everything you posted consists entirely of assumption , supposition , surmise and conjecture. If you know of any facts that confirm Dr. Bernard's story please post them. If a rape in fact occurred as Dr. Bernard claimed to the two reporters from the Indianapolis Star and repeated by Biden then she had an absolute duty to report it. She does not have an ounce of discretion. She MUST report it. She didn't.

Strangest of all is why you are going after me. I opposed overturning Roe and think that any woman who is raped and impregnated has an absolute right to terminate the pregnancy if that is what she wants to do. Something like 85% of Americans agree with me.

I don't see how fictitious horror stories like the one Dr. Bernard apparently made up help the cause. All it does is give ammo to abortion opponents.

why would people who are doing illegal things (procurement of abortion in Ohio) involve law enforcement? I donít think you are that naive? do you expect that pregnant rape victims will be reporting their rapes if they intend to abort? Already many rapes especially upon marginalized people are already not reported to police because they as the victim fear legal/other consequences and shame. All I see is that the dr isnít making further comment-Likely to prevent self incrimination/further harm to the child. Shocking

you are buying into this idea that you need to prove rapes to the general public. Also that you want to play into partisan games despite pleading that you are reasonable. Those positions donít line up and will cause suffering.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kamiliam For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks

I put the word rape in quotes because it is more and more doubtful that the story has any truth to it.

Aside from the medical and scientific FACT that the odds of a 10 year old getting pregnant are infinitesimal ; according to the Attorney General of Ohio there was no such case of a 10 year old getting pregnant. And if , repeat IF, it had occurred Dr. Bernard had an absolute duty to report it. Which she did not. Lastly , under Ohio law any rape victim , regardless of age can legally obtain an abortion in Ohio.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...on-goes-viral/

Dan Tierney, press secretary for Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine (R), said the governorís office was unaware of any specific case but he said under the stateís decentralized system, records would be held at a local level. Thus, he said, it would be hard to confirm a report without knowing the local jurisdiction to narrow the search.
    https://www.livescience.com/33170-yo...pregnancy.html

A woman can get pregnant and have a baby as soon as she begins ovulating, or producing eggs. This typically occurs about a year after they first begin menstruating, which for North American women, usually happens between the ages of 11 and 12. Some women start ovulating late, though, and others, extremely early. The early onset of menstration is called "precocious puberty."

Lina Medina, a Peruvian girl born in 1933, began menstruating at the age of eight months, was tragically raped as a 5-year-old and gave birth at six years, five months. She is the youngest confirmed mother in medical history. Medina is still alive today. Her son, born by caesarian section, was raised as her brother.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eagle2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you Eagle.

A mea culpa. Dr. Bernard is in Indiana. The doctor legally obligated to report the alleged rape is the referring physician in Ohio. I doubt that Dr. Bernard had any obligation beyond moral to report anything to the Ohio authorities. My bad. Sorry.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Stoner For This Useful Post:

Thanks

why would people who are doing illegal things (procurement of abortion in Ohio) involve law enforcement? I donít think you are that naive? do you expect that pregnant rape victims will be reporting their rapes if they intend to abort? Already many rapes especially upon marginalized people are already not reported to police because they as the victim fear legal/other consequences and shame. All I see is that the dr isnít making further comment-Likely to prevent self incrimination/further harm to the child. Shocking

you are buying into this idea that you need to prove rapes to the general public. Also that you want to play into partisan games despite pleading that you are reasonable. Those positions donít line up and will cause suffering.
    I don't think I am the one playing into the hands of abortion opponents. I would argue it is Dr. Bernard.

According to the Attorney General of Ohio ANY rape victim, regardless of age, may legally obtain an abortion in Ohio. So where pray tell is this "illegal activity " you claim is being covered up or protected by Dr. Bernard ? There isn't any.

Please stop trying to paint me as some sort of apologist or fellow traveler with anti-abortion ideologues. My Church opposes ALL abortions regardless of circumstances. I, like most American Catholics, do NOT.

To me , the scariest words in the whole Dobbs mess ( and that is what it is thanks to 5 members of the SCOTUS ) were contained in the concurring opinion by Justice Thomas. He wants to revisit a bunch of cases based on privacy and substantive due process. Despite Alito's opinion that Dobbs does not affect any other rights or precedents. Fortunately , no other Justice joined Thomas's concurrence.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

I don't think I am the one playing into the hands of abortion opponents. I would argue it is Dr. Bernard.

According to the Attorney General of Ohio ANY rape victim, regardless of age, may legally obtain an abortion in Ohio. So where pray tell is this "illegal activity " you claim is being covered up or protected by Dr. Bernard ? There isn't any.

Please stop trying to paint me as some sort of apologist or fellow traveler with anti-abortion ideologues. My Church opposes ALL abortions regardless of circumstances. I, like most American Catholics, do NOT.

To me , the scariest words in the whole Dobbs mess ( and that is what it is thanks to 5 members of the SCOTUS ) were contained in the concurring opinion by Justice Thomas. He wants to revisit a bunch of cases based on privacy and substantive due process. Despite Alito's opinion that Dobbs does not affect any other rights or precedents. Fortunately , no other Justice joined Thomas's concurrence.

first of all congratulations on finding your god again.

second, all abortions even in the case of rape and incest are illegal in Ohio after 6 weeks. Do you have any clue how early that is? Especially for a child experiencing early puberty?

so they have to investigate the rape, does the child wait for that to be determined? After that impossible standard of 6 weeks. I honestly don’t know if There is a bounty in Ohio currently, probably not because it was a trigger law. But in bounty states, making a police report accusing someone of rape may allow the abortion. It wouldn’t however stop others including the rapist’s family from claiming said bounty. What a world right? Freedom rings.

42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kamiliam For This Useful Post:

Thanks

first of all congratulations on finding your god again.

second, all abortions even in the case of rape and incest are illegal in Ohio after 6 weeks. Do you have any clue how early that is? Especially for a child experiencing early puberty?

so they have to investigate the rape, does the child wait for that to be determined? After that impossible standard of 6 weeks. I honestly don’t know if There is a bounty in Ohio currently, probably not because it was a trigger law. But in bounty states, making a police report accusing someone of rape may allow the abortion. It wouldn’t however stop others including the rapist’s family from claiming said bounty. What a world right? Freedom rings.
    Let's leave my lightfooted Catholicism out of this if you don't mind. I have made it very plain that I do not agree with the mostly elderly , all male hierarchy of my Church. On abortion and other issues.

Your argument is not with me. It might be with the Attorney General of Ohio who has publicly stated that IF this 10 year old victim in fact even exists, she may legally obtain an abortion in Ohio.

According to Dr. Bernard's story , the child was taken to Indiana. According to the Attorney General of Ohio that was NOT necessary as she could have obtained an abortion in Ohio.

My point is that misinformation or even disinformation from Dr. Bernard and others is not helping matters. In fact, it is counterproductive. Like AOC going around saying that thanks to Dobbs women with ectopic pregnancies cannot get treatment. A total 100 % falsehood. Failure to remove an ectopic embryo is medical malpractice in every one of our 50 states.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks

It turns out the story is TRUE ! The victim's mother reported it to Columbus authorities and a 27 year old has been arrested and charged with multiple rapes starting when the victim was 9 !.
    Ohio generally has a 6 week limit on abortions. ( Yes, it is way too short. ) It is not clear whether the victim could have gotten an abortion in Ohio after 6 weeks. Fortunately Dr. Bernard was able to do it in Indiana . It is possible that Dr. Bernard played it as close to the vest as she did to protect the ongoing investigation.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

45. The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Stoner For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast